Mini 2282 | Masqué | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Masquerader Cyan »

In post 38, Masquerader Yellow wrote:Well I didn't understand that mafia were Intruders
Who did you think the Intruders were then? I am struggling to understand how, out of two factions presented, you did not understand that the Intruders were the informed minority faction. Please help me understand.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:10 am

In post 46, RH wrote:
I have added the Sample Intruder PM to the .
Nevermind. Please ignore my previous inquiry.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:23 am

In post 85, Masquerader Purple wrote:yellow is an intruder
What is it that makes you think Yellow is an intruder?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:23 am

In post 88, Masquerader Green wrote:I still think Yellow is sus as fuck you assclown
Manners.

Why is Yellow an Intruder in your view?
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:26 am

In post 91, Masquerader Red wrote:Regarding Cyan: it certainly would be lovely if they'd follow this advice to engage with the game as well.
Thank you for your advice and counsel.
In post 91, Masquerader Red wrote:Olive, Blue, and Yellow
Why do you consider these three to be likely Invitees? Specifically Blue.

I do agree with your stance on Purple.
Masquerader Cyan
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Masquerader Cyan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:27 am

In post 94, Masquerader Teal wrote:It's been 3 days and we have someone who hasn't spoken. I'm trying not to automatically scumread them but it's hard when I have data on everyone else and nothing on them.
My sincerest apologies. I do not like your stance, however.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Masquerader Yellow »

In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 31, Masquerader Red wrote:Purple, what makes you read Olive as intruder when the one thing they've done is give a read you agree with?
That's not true; olive has done two things (you overlooked that they revealed to us they had trouble logging into their account) and both things were written with the intent to get others to like them rather than to uncover information about the identity of the intruders or to disclose meaningful information about themselves.

Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?
In post 40, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?
Yeah this line looks agenda driven.
In post 41, Masquerader Yellow wrote:The usual phrasing would be "Äre you still confused

about why I do not trust olive, red?"

Not why red should not trust them.
I stick with my conclusion. I'm aware of the possible oxymoron in my sentence but it is of no matter here. We all know that by default saying something like that is accusing someone of having mal intent.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:39 am

In post 49, Masquerader Purple wrote:
In post 40, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
In post 32, Masquerader Purple wrote:Are you still confused about why you should not trust olive, red?
Yeah this line looks agenda driven.
I find your implication here ugly on both an aesthetic and a practical level, yellow, and especially unlikely to progress toward winning the game. I believe categorizing lines as those that are agenda driven and those that are not to be an unhelpful way to view the game, as most of the content written in this game will have some agenda behind it in some way shape or form, even if it's purely for self-amusement. Your statement is also an oxymoron in that I asked a question: it's assumed I have an agenda of inducing red to reveal information about himself. (is this pronoun acceptable to you, red, or do you prefer they or she or something else?)

1) Do you know what I mean when I say your statement is an oxymoron, yellow?

The most critical issue I have with yellow's post isn't that it's aesthetically myopic and impractical on a number of levels, it's that it directly interferes with masqué's ability to win the game. Discrediting players who are obvious majority is an accepted tell in any developed social deduction game as it's necessary for the minority to do this in order to win the game (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B1.0.29).

The fact that yellow is disregarding everything I've written to focus on the syntax of a single line and claim that it makes me less credible indicates a lack of strategic and social awareness about the game we are playing. Regardless of yellow's alignment it goes against their own win condition by damaging their credibility. They are furthering the agenda of the minority for superficial reasons in plain sight for all to see: why would we take yellow seriously, and what does yellow have to gain from doing that? The answer is that yellow does not know what they are doing (unless they are playing dumb, which is always a possibility) and unless they can demonstrate more strategic and social awareness they are a liability if they are a masqué.
In post 41, Masquerader Yellow wrote:The usual phrasing would be "Äre you still confused

I believe this information is valuable purely because it comes from you.
In post 42, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
In post 34, Masquerader Red wrote:Well, I'm certainly less confused as to why you don't trust them.
This is the proper response.
Yes it was a proper and witty response. Fortunately, the rest of red's reply suggested they are thinking about the game and able to communicate their ideas effectively, something which you have not displayed thus far, yellow. You would have given yourself a chance to appreciate that if you were not skim reading our posts, yellow.
In post 43, Masquerader Olive wrote:

Yeah, good point. I could see that as a possible perspective slip.
I do not believe that olive actually thinks yellow made a good point or that the way I worded my question actually appears to them as a perspective slip. You're in luck yellow: olive appears to be a wealth of information about the identity of the intruders. I believe that olive's reply indicates they know yellow is a masqué and would prefer to see us fight each other.

If you don't believe me, watch for olive's response (I know you posted "lolwut" a few minutes ago, olive, and are likely reading this soon after it's posted:)

Olive, why did you think yellow made a good point, and how is the way I worded my question a perspective slip?
In post 44, Masquerader Yellow wrote:It's early but I like blue red and olive

and dislike purple and green so far.
I don't know if these are reads or if you're just stating your opinion in stream-of-consciousness. Do you believe players who you like are more common to be intruders or less likely? I'm not sure if there is any meaningful correlation as the intruders are often focused only on getting you to like them and can refrain from telling you when they dislike something you write.

If these are reads, I do agree with the majority of your reads except I don't believe you have any meaningful reason to trust olive (telling you what you want to hear isn't a meaningful reason to trust someone, yellow, it means they might be an intruder and you should be reading them with more scrutiny, not less) and obviously I believe the idea that you would distrust me based on my play so far to be comedic. I believe this list indicates yellow to be a strong contender to be eliminated first in order to improve masqués chances of winning the game.

2) Yellow, why did olive write that you made a good point and why do they believe my question to red indicates a perspective slip?

In post 45, Masquerader Yellow wrote:These pfps are jarring btw
Yellow, I believe that you are likely to be a masqué, however, I have a suspicion that you are not reading any posts which contain multiple lines of text with the necessary level of scrutiny, and you are motivated in part to "dislike" me because you can't be bothered to read my posts, and are therefore an ideal candidate to be eliminated first (rather than myself who is able to read and write competently enough to play this game.) If you would like to prove me wrong, then demonstrate you can read:
find the two bolded underlined questions I asked you and reply to them.
I answered your first question and I'm not answering your second,

in part because you're asking my why olive did something.

I want to know why you think I'm deliberately taking you out of context

and then turn around and say that you think I'm "likely to be a masque."

And I want to know what you think a masque is?
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:49 am

In post 49, Masquerader Purple wrote:Yellow, I believe that you are likely to be a masqué, however, I have a suspicion that you are not reading any posts which contain multiple lines of text with the necessary level of scrutiny, and you are motivated in part to "dislike" me because you can't be bothered to read my posts, and are therefore an ideal candidate to be eliminated first (rather than myself who is able to read and write competently enough to play this game.) If you would like to prove me wrong, then demonstrate you can read: find the two bolded underlined questions I asked you and reply to them.
You want to intimidate and insult. Does that work for you?
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:53 am

In post 66, Masquerader Magenta wrote:I don't love olive or purplest posting tbh, but that doesn't make it scummy. I think teal and blue are town, I'm not sure about red, although that seems an unpopular opinion.

Without context of players, it's hard to know whether yellows request to see the role pm was a deliberate lamist. Although the more I think about it, the less it makes sense as a real town slip, as it's pretty clear in the rules. The voting rules and pairings I had to go back to check but the idea that there's one good pm and a bad one is pretty fundamental?
What was clear in the rules? I didn't see a mafia faction wincon. I did miss that they were called intruders and I should've picked that up. But other than that (if that was even part of what you're talking about) what are you driving at?
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:59 am

It was post 21 so there was very little to evaluate.

It was like you had every intention of evaluating

everything that had been done so far in your first post

but your first post was so early it felt like you were giving us

a false feeling of your intent. Like you said it just to say it.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:02 am

In post 100, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 38, Masquerader Yellow wrote:Well I didn't understand that mafia were Intruders
Who did you think the Intruders were then? I am struggling to understand how, out of two factions presented, you did not understand that the Intruders were the informed minority faction. Please help me understand.
My PM says nothing about intruders.

There was no sample PM for the mafia faction/intruders.

It didn't connect with me that intruders were the mafia faction

until I went back and re-read the rules. Simple.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:10 am

Teal's post about dancing with Datisi was clearly a joke.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:11 am

In post 86, Masquerader Purple wrote:This game is won on the first elimination if we force yellow and green to pair with each other.
I would be open to that at this point.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Masquerader Red »

In post 92, Masquerader Magenta wrote:Red feels very negative in general, not liking the vibes. also, talk to me, not about me if you want to sort me
Sure. Could you justify your read on Purple in more depth? Why is the purple prose comment townish, and why is their reconsidering on Teal townish in the context of it being because they wanted to lock in this Green+Yellow solve? I can see why reconsidering there (and trying to push me to reconsider as well, which is actually probably pretty townish) looks good in one sense, but it's also just a natural consequence of their hard calling out two specific players as scum.
In post 104, Masquerader Cyan wrote:Why do you consider these three to be likely Invitees? Specifically Blue.
I think Blue's first incarnation had +town posts. immediately giving five reads is simply very pro-town in this game for the reasons I gave; I don't overly care what the reasons they gave are on page one. I liked the new Blue's response to my inquiry in at the time for continuing to give a lot of reads, though looking at it again now it is somewhat waffly. On Magenta, Blue says something isn't scummy but something else is, and on Yellow they give both a positive and a negative without describing the overall affect, which can be from scum wanting to look like they're being ponderous. I think the main issue with the slot at this point is just falling off, but I do think their posting on the whole so far is pretty likely town (I weigh post 16 fairly significantly in a hidden alt game).

Yellow, I described a bit in one of the last paragraphs in and I also liked their quick willingness to give many stances and the way they handled their "lamist" debacle.

Olive, I liked their opening and I like their response to Purple; it feels righteously indignant. I also like their general vibe in the thread, though that's less tangible.
Masquerader Red
Masquerader Red
Townie
Masquerader Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Masquerader Red »

In post 113, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
In post 86, Masquerader Purple wrote:This game is won on the first elimination if we force yellow and green to pair with each other.
Why is this? Do you think Green is town or, are you willing to exit with them either to get rid of them or to assuage Purple?
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Masquerader Purple »

In post 101, Masquerader Cyan wrote:
In post 46, RH wrote:
I have added the Sample Intruder PM to the .
Nevermind. Please ignore my previous inquiry.
It appears best to arrange pairs by matching their chances of being invitee (which I previously called masqué, by mistake) and mismatching pairs based on the length they have gone to conceal their identity. I am used to constructing characters that match the account I am writing in (in fact I have experience and training for doing this) so I will be best paired with a masqué who is of higher-than-average chance to be an invitee and did not heed this warning:
In post 3, RH wrote:Known only to their possessors!
Alas, those Intruders, they'll be the guessers!
How they wish to unmask you all!
How they want to use them to cause your downfall!
Beware, friends, and confide to none!
Heed this advice or you're done!
I have done "obfuscating"
In post 72, Masquerader Green wrote:
In post 70, Masquerader Purple wrote:I've only skimmed but I "like" magenta's and teal's posting. I will have to think about what this means with regards to their alignment.

FYI Magenta, I'm playing a character based on the idea of purple prose and the color purple being associated with moodiness and royalty, if that helps you parse my posts at all.

Hello green, why do you find teal suspect?
I'm not explicitly trying to connect a face to a name but they seem to be imitating two people at once almost and that bothers me, as the first word I would describe it as would be "obfuscating".
and I suggest olive accept my invitation.
In post 108, Masquerader Yellow wrote:You want to intimidate and insult. Does that work for you?
This is an acceptable description though I intend to insult the play rather than the player. However, you missed that I also want to dream, and I assure you I am less narcissistic in real life than I appear to be in-game.
In post 89, Masquerader Olive wrote:
In post 67, Masquerader Magenta wrote:@olive, what's FPS posting?
fancy playstyle but I see they’ve now abandoned it, thank God.
In post 90, Masquerader Olive wrote:
Can you give me your case for both of them? And thank you for making your posts actually readable.
It's easy for me to adapt though it's a double edged sword as I can never stay exactly the same for too long. I am phantasmagorical, and I will write my cases for you soon.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:29 am

In post 116, Masquerader Purple wrote:I am used to constructing characters that match the account I am writing in (in fact I have experience and training for doing this)
Honestly, I got ahead of myself here, this is not a reference to my main at all, this is metaphorical meaning I have professional experience with this kind of work (play :wink:) in real life. I apologize for being unclear and will not write anything which could be misconstrued as a reference like this can be :lol:
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:31 pm

In post 116, Masquerader Purple wrote:It appears best to arrange pairs by matching their chances of being invitee (which I previously called masqué, by mistake)
To this point Purple called the town faction masque.

I pointed it out on page 2 or 3

that they had called Blue masque and a few posts

Before this one I asked what they thought masque meant.

Purple did not receive a town pm.
Masquerader Yellow
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Masquerader Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:33 pm

In post 115, Masquerader Red wrote:
In post 113, Masquerader Yellow wrote:
Why is this? Do you think Green is town or, are you willing to exit with them either to get rid of them or to assuage Purple?
1) I wanted to see if Purple would comment

And 2) I'm 50/50 on Green right now and would play it

Either way
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Masquerader Olive »

In post 2, RH wrote:
Setup

Notes
  • This is a Secret Alt game.
  • There are
    7 Invitees
    against
    2 Intruders
  • Both
    Daytalk
    and
    Multitasking
    is enabled by default.

Phases
  • During the
    Reception
    , Masqueraders form pairs.
  • During
    Sessions
    , Masqueraders force pairs to exit.

Samples
Spoiler: Invitee
Music

Welcome to Masqué! You are an
Invitee

You are bringing the following item with you:
  • Mask - You own a mask, protecting your identity. If you lose it, you'll have to exit the masquerade.
You win if all threats to the
Invitees
have exited the masquerade and at least one
Invitee
remains.

Confirm by replying to this note with the answer to the question, "How many items are you bringing with you?"

Spoiler: Intruder
Music

Welcome to Masqué! You are an
Intruder
with .

You are bringing the following items with you:
  • Mask - You own a mask, protecting your identity. If you lose it, you'll have to exit the masquerade.
  • Automaton - You own an automaton, which you may use at any time during a
    Session
    to help you wrangle masks off. Unfortunately for you, the automaton doesn't have a return function so you may only use it once. Furthermore, you must tell it the true identities of both masqueraders in the pair that you want to target in order to successfully wrangle off their masks.
  • Paper - You own a piece of paper, which tells you the location of a secret hideout located here where you may converse at all times. You can place your automation at that hideout if you ever have to exit the masquerade.
You win if at least one
Intruder
remains and all other masqueraders have exited the masquerade (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Confirm by posting in the
Intruder
hideout or by replying to this note with the answer to the question, "How many items are you bringing with you?"

Spoiler: Mask

NoticeName:
Masquerader Rose

Code: %Y.|yE9>m
Put on your mask to confirm and join the masquerade.
Interesting catch Yellow, because both alignments have “mask” in their role pms.
Masquerader Olive
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Masquerader Olive
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Masquerader Olive »

Purple, why are you so eager to pair with me? Why do you think I specifically should accept your invitation? I don’t get it. You’ve gone from having me as your top intruder pick to to having me as your preferred partner? Why exactly?

One slot I’m kind of wondering about is magenta. They consider red negative but have most of the playerlist as likely intruders? If I misunderstood you magenta, I apologize but I don’t understand your takes. Perhaps yoican explain them better?
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:16 pm

In post 121, Masquerader Olive wrote:Purple, why are you so eager to pair with me? Why do you think I specifically should accept your invitation? I don’t get it. You’ve gone from having me as your top intruder pick to to having me as your preferred partner? Why exactly?
The automaton mechanic indicates that the intruders must guess the identity of both players simultaneously in order to kill them. This implies it's helpful to pair invitees so that at least one player is difficult to guess. I believe your dislike of fps play has caused you to take less precautions in protecting your identity than I have, so we will be safe in that regard, and I am eager because I believe that I extended an invitation to at least one intruder if not two. In other words, I'm hoping that you will protect me by not giving time for an intruder to pair with me, so I can protect you by making my identity difficult to spot, so we will not die if an automaton is used upon us.

As for the changing read, I misjudged you initially, and now I think I understand you better and I believe you are unlikely to be an intruder.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:20 pm

I'm fine with being paired with either red or blue as I believe them both to invitees, though I prefer they pair with each other due to the automaton mechanic.
Masquerader Purple
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Masquerader Purple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:36 pm

In post 121, Masquerader Olive wrote:One slot I’m kind of wondering about is magenta. They consider red negative but have most of the playerlist as likely intruders? If I misunderstood you magenta, I apologize but I don’t understand your takes. Perhaps yoican explain them better?
I have similar reservations with magenta. I also want them to answer red's question in . Better explanations from magenta would help a lot in my assessment of them.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”