Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 2724, Nero Cain wrote:HEAL: ban ivory
HEAL: ban gold
What do you think of the gold mechanic ? What if every kill the killer gets a gold and he can then spend said gold for various abilities ? Maybe faction gets gold ?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no. The gold we are banning is a luxury resource and there's nothing to suggest the other stuff so OR says no.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What I think overall is that luxuries are tied to roles somehow so maybe a ban is like a one night roleblock?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

All religious spreaders need to target different ppl tonight. Claim in thread so there's no overlap.

Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

HEAL: ban Ivory

I will catch up tomorrow night
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by pidgey »

was out of town for the weekend, will get back to it tomorrow
-----------------
Sup
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by BuJaber »

HEAL: yay: Ban Ivory
HEAL: yay: Ban Gold
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Is Ran the last read scum? I wanted to relook at him b/c I think he's lurking horribly right now.

In parts of , , and he's defending Gamma. For the town cred?
In post 269, Ranmaru wrote:
Elbirn
>
Creature
>
Nero Cane
] SCUM
Does he sandwich his scumbuddy between two town? His vote on me makes me think this could be the classic push town, bus buddy scenario.
In post 269, Ranmaru wrote:he's voting Dunk and not doing much with it
this is a little chainsawy I think

In post 270, Ranmaru wrote:Marshy: Move your vote from Dunk, Nero is voting him and you FOS him. Vote with me.
and here he's actually trying to get votes off scum and onto town so :igmeou:

Of course, the one thing that makes me question is that if Ran were scum he could just stay on me and not vote Creature. Although, he'd look terrible for sitting on me and not Creature and my lynch wasn't exactly the path of least resistance.

After this, he starts hard pushing Creature so obviously, you guys are gonna say that no way he's red scum but dude is gonna get bussed, or at least I'd be super surprised if he wasn't.

and then there's
In post 825, Ranmaru wrote:Klazam > Nero Cain > Creature ] SCUM

Unvote; Vote: Nero Cain
Like he has Creature as a higher scum read but wants to vote not Creature? Last ditch effort to try to get a not Creature lynch?

Going with the "creature got bussed theory"
In post 1672, Venmar wrote:Kokichi Oma, Nero Cain, Almost50, Chara, marshy, Shaziro, Ranmaru, Gamma Emerald
I doubt koki is red scum. I mean, like I told Bujaber, the Dunk voted his scumbuddy for WC isn't totally terrible but I think its tinfoil and thus wrong. A50 is confirmed not red scum as is Marshy (assuming he's telling the truth) So rn my theory is that there's scum that bussed Creature in Chara, marshy, Shaziro, Ranmaru, Gamma Emerald with Shaz/Ran as my top choices.

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Post by BuJaber »

You make a valid argument for Ran!scum. I'd be willing to vote there.

As for koki I'm just gonna laugh when he flips scum and all you people that 'know' him got it wrong.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:40 pm

Post by BuJaber »

But it's okay let's play the game of wait for 2/3s the town to die before lynching scum with our fingers crossed.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Post by BuJaber »

VOTE: ranmaru
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Are there any other reasons that you think koki is scum or is it solely based on Dunk voting her? B/c I think its more likely his vote was to buddy her than to vote his buddy.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Post by brassherald »

BuJaber, your willingness to lynch pretty much anyone is unnerving to me.

Ban Ivory was my top choice, I think ban furs was second and ban gold third. I don't fully recall the order of the other two.

HEAL: Ban Gold x2
HEAL: Ban Ivory x2

VOTE: Kiana
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

a penny for your thoughts?

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:58 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 2738, Nero Cain wrote:a penny for your thoughts?
Since replacing in, Kiana's posts have had one terrible read least and basically no reasoning in any of the posts. Lots of filter, like saying she semi recognized Martin Freeman, but not much else. She's actively inactive
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I meant about but ok, I can see your reasoning for Kianna.

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2656, BuJaber wrote:
So basically imo lynch should be either {pidgey/marshy} or {koki/actiondan}.

Also it is likely that since nero chose to go after shaz at this point in the game we're looking at a TvS.

Pidgey/marshy
Koki/AD
Nero not shaz
Or shaz not nero
Ranmaru

How is that everyone?

@nero:
Dunk's vote
Koki's jokes about evilness and scumminess
Fact I don't remember any of his SR's without having to ISO him. He doesn't seem very forceful with his opinions.
His weird distrust of titus from the start for no clear reason.

Admittedly I haven't ISO'd him in a long time. But I realize he's not a viable lynch because there's not enough votes for it so I'm not concerned with sorting him for the time being.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 2740, Nero Cain wrote:I meant about but ok, I can see your reasoning for Kianna.
Oh, sorry pre-coffee me. I could see it. Kiana is still my top scum read, though.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Btw I don't know if I answered nero or not but basically the TvS was more of me thinking it can't be SvS. Maybe I should have worded it differently but I am not dismissing the possivility of TvT just find it more likely to be TvS.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:11 am

Post by Chara »

been sick, i'll be here tonight, sickness allowing.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2741, BuJaber wrote:Dunk's vote
Fact I don't remember any of his SR's without having to ISO him. He doesn't seem very forceful with his opinions.

Admittedly I haven't ISO'd him in a long time. But I realize he's not a viable lynch because there's not enough votes for it so I'm not concerned with sorting him for the time being.
like I said, I think Dunks vote was more buddyish than trying to get their scumbuddy elected. TBF, I have seen scum joke about being scum/scummy but I also think it just comes from bad town alot. It's WIFOM. Ditto on not remembering anything they've done. She's remarkably unmemorable. The only thing I remember is her thing about gold causing corruption as that's a civ 3 mechanic and her thinking that would still be in civ v is just kinda dumb.

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 am

Post by Klazam »

HEAL: ban Ivory

aight.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:38 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2745, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2741, BuJaber wrote:Dunk's vote

like I said, I think Dunks vote was more buddyish than trying to get their scumbuddy elected. TBF, I have seen scum joke about being scum/scummy but I also think it just comes from bad town alot. It's WIFOM. Ditto on not remembering anything they've done. She's remarkably unmemorable. The only thing I remember is her thing about gold causing corruption as that's a civ 3 mechanic and her thinking that would still be in civ v is just kinda dumb.
Thing is I think he did it exactly for this WIFOM argument. It was a herp derp let's elect the first person to post in the thread just because he said he'd be a good leader.

It is the fact that it was in RVS that makes it so good as a scum move. If he knew the votes were permanent he could always play it off to RVS or lie about knowing. If he actually didn't like he claims then it actually makes more sense because he would have changed his vote later and we would have all forgotten that subtle push for koki if he isn't elected host.

Basically I disagree that scum have no motivation to do that in RVS. I think there's lots of motivation to do that.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:59 am

Post by Joey_ »

I think its not worth it as scum move, it’s not like anyone need rvs to vote for a scumbuddy, there’s other ways that don’t attract as much attention
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 2732, Nero Cain wrote:A50 is confirmed not red scum as is Marshy (assuming he's telling the truth)
Why not Pidgey? You forgot or there's a reason you omitted to mention him

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”