Maria's Anime Binge Game over!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (14+ players). Signup Threads In Queue Forum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 04, 2018
Pronoun: She

Post Post #900  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am

That vote wasn't serious, I put it there just to make a point.

KidAmn
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 05, 2017
Pronoun: They

Post Post #901  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 10:46 am

To censor my current thoughts as much as I care to: it's a really fucking shitty point.
MafiaScum mods will actively lie to justify bans, delete any proof that you didn't do what they said you did to "earn" your ban, and then ignore your appeals.
Don't bother signing up here unless your opinions are more vanilla than an NRA meeting.

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #902  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 10:50 am

In post 895, Wisdom wrote:you have to account for a player's playstyle and get into their head and consider whether, based on how they usually act and how their personality is like, would do something as town or scum
just pointing at actions and calling them scummy without doing the above is scratching the surface

Going to hard disagree with this. If the game were this simple, everyone would know for sure the alignment of every player they've played with before. But that's not how this works. Not at all. Meta is flimsy. Town misremember. Scum are good at lying and pretending.

This is not an anti-town "playstyle". This is scum. Do I have to explain to you why that logic is horrendously misguided? In your mind, it appears that Creature could roll scum, come into the game and do scummy things, and you would read him as town because his playstyle is doing anti-town things. You are definitely better than this.

In post 900, NicoRobin wrote:That vote wasn't serious, I put it there just to make a point.

I don't understand though. Unless your point was that you just don't care, surely there is more in your head than that. Surely your gut and reading are telling you certain people are more likely to be scum than others.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #903  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 10:52 am

hiiiiii

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #904  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 am

Its not that simple always
Its simple with Creature

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #905  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 am

In post 904, Wisdom wrote:Its not that simple always
Its simple with Creature

Then why were you voting him?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #906  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 am

Toranaga is also a nice lynch btw

pedit: Because I was not remembering that until Wheme brought it up

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #907  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:01 am

In post 906, Wisdom wrote:Toranaga is also a nice lynch btw

pedit: Because I was not remembering that until Wheme brought it up

Unless this is a trust-tell, I fail to see how it can be that big of a deal for you to forget about it. Just shows me yet again how unreliable and flimsy meta is.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #908  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:04 am

Toranaga is slightly better lynch than Nico, but I think we can do better.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #909  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 am

we're not lynching creature, acryon

start talking about other people

the more you insist about this the more I think youre scum

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #910  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:12 am

In post 909, Wisdom wrote:we're not lynching creature, acryon

start talking about other people

the more you insist about this the more I think youre scum

Let me get this straight. This meta-read is SO STRONG that you are willing to immediately flip from voting him to hard-defending him, yet simultaneously not even strong enough for you to realize it without someone reminding you? This makes no sense.

It's actually shocking to me how much stock you are putting into this clearly flimsy meta-read. I think you're being duped here, and it's better for us if you realize that now.

And I don't particularly care whether you think I'm scum or not, because you are way off-base on this, and you need to know it.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #911  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 am

im not off base
I dont have enough experience with creature to make this call myself
But I remember people saying creature is easy to read and I was like "wtf"
And now I realize this is why
He actually posts when town

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #912  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:23 am

In post 911, Wisdom wrote:im not off base
I dont have enough experience with creature to make this call myself
But I remember people saying creature is easy to read and I was like "wtf"
And now I realize this is why
He actually posts when town

Literally from his Wiki:

"As town, most of the time I'm interested in solving the game and getting scumflips. As scum I'm always disinterested because what would you do as scum? Wait town mislynch? That's your moment of happiness? Though, I'll still try to imitate my town meta as scum, though, just as an obligation.

Yeah, activity tell is valid for me, though it doesn't clear me as town or scum seeing my latest scum games. Sometimes I can make up to 200 posts as scum (though, I only aim to inflate my post count). And sometimes, when I'm demotivated, I post less as town and end lurking.

I don't trust tell, if someone says they already know my alignment from the first 3 pages, they probably tossed a coin and assumed that alignment."
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #913  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 am

what he says in his wiki doesnt matter
what matters is whether people are successful in reading him
and they are

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #914  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 am

In post 913, Wisdom wrote:what he says in his wiki doesnt matter
what matters is whether people are successful in reading him
and they are

How many games has Wheme played with Creature where Creature was scum? Surely you should know the answer to this if you're willing to flip from a vote to hard-defending someone based on their meta read.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #915  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:51 am

no clue
i dont care about wheme saying it
wheme saying it just reminded me of others saying it

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #916  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 11:57 am

In post 915, Wisdom wrote:no clue
i dont care about wheme saying it
wheme saying it just reminded me of others saying it

And surely you had/have evidence that those people are, in fact, consistently correct in their assessment of him?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #917  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 pm

this is going nowhere

stop being shallow and push people for actually being scum instead of pushing policy lynches

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #918  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm

VOTE: toranaga

nico should just replace out
shes more likely town anyway

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #919  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 pm

In post 917, Wisdom wrote:this is going nowhere

stop being shallow and push people for actually being scum instead of pushing policy lynches

Are you kidding? I am pushing someone I think is scum for reasons I've already laid out. No policy involved. In fact, I am choosing to not unvote him based on policy like you have. Not sure why you're choosing to blatantly misrep here.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

GuyInFreezer
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2013
Location: Arden, NC.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #920  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Wisdom

Acryon is literally arguing what I've been arguing.
Show

GuyInFreezer
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2013
Location: Arden, NC.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #921  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 12:09 pm

Do motivate me tomorrow for triple lynch though.
Show

Wisdom
Of the One
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #922  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm

this game sucks

its so low activity that we're trying to argue which policy lynch is best

GuyInFreezer
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2013
Location: Arden, NC.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #923  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 pm

At least we have obvtowns.

Some games even that doesn't happen
Show

acryon
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #924  (ISO)  » Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm

In post 922, Wisdom wrote:this game sucks

its so low activity that we're trying to argue which policy lynch is best

Agree with the activity being a problem, but hard disagree with the creature lynch being a policy lynch. Unless the policy is "we should lynch people who we think are trying to gain towncred and doing things that seem to have scum-motivation".
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Theme Park