In post 1944, Cobblerfone wrote:8 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Majiffy,
Titus
Chickadee
Toranaga
Irrelephant11
PenguinPower,
Invisibility
, Dunnstral)
2 players voting for Chickadee (Cobblerfone, Not_Mafia)
2 players voting for Majiffy (
MariaR, Gamma Emerald
)
1 player voting for Alchemist21 (Lavos)
1 player voting for Cobblerfone (Alchemist21)

1 player not voting (Chara)

--------------------------------

7 players voting for Titus (
Irrelephant11
, Chara,
Chickadee
Invisibility
, Not_Mafia, Alchemist21,
Toranaga
)
2 players voting for Not_Mafia (Majiffy, Cobblerfone)
2 players voting for Dunnstral (
MariaR
, Lavos)
1 player voting for Chickadee (
Titus
)
1 player voting for MariaR (Dunnstral)

0 players not voting

-------------------------------

All I got right now. I plan to sample other votecounts and compare them later, so I'll be saving this as a draft too.
For this and other reasons Toranaga and Chickadee are my two biggest scumreads
-toranaga has zero WIM and has basically done nothing other than argue with MariaR and lolvote both mislynch wagons. Also his suggestion this game day to vote dunnstral and "blame mariar" is basically openwolfing
-chickadee has felt scummy all game and has somehow rode out multiple wagons on her without ever getting to L-2

I had felt like invisibility was towny D1 but he's closer to null after voting town "without wanting to" twice
what do you do with nulls in 6v5 lylo...
I could actually see invis being scum with one or more of the people he's been pushing (dunnstral/alchemist) given he's "vocal" about them but never actually makes much of a case for others to follow. Otoh, if he's scum he's probably not the scum we'll be lynching today.
invis/nm/dunnstral don't feel sortable this game day, honestly. Like not that it's 100% impossible to sort any of them ever, I just feel like they're all so hard to read in general and this isn't the gamestate to risk it on one of them.

If I have to have strong townreads (iffy at this point, but necessary), it's probably just chara/cobbler/lavos, with the caveat that there's probably one scum even in there at this point. majiffy might be town like I thought d1. I forget why I lost that read d2

We have ~a week to do re-reading before we need to really consolidate somewhere, so that's how I intend to spend my time
I'll be honest, I think a better place to look is
off
the wagons. I bolded and italicized those that were on both and are still alive, but that's just because it's simpler. Granted, I don't think EVERYONE on there is town. But IMO there are probably more scum off the wagons than on. That's where I'm going to look right now.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Actually looking at the names on the posts that seems somewhat unlikely.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Both: Chickadee, Toranaga, Irrelephant11, Invisibility

One: Majiffy, Dunnstral, Chara, Not_Mafia, Alchemist21

Neither: Cobblerfone, Lavos

Physically impossible actually.

Since I'm townreading Lavos pretty strongly today, that means all mafia were on at least one wagon. Funnily enough, all the players on the "One" line previously looked more suspicious to me than most of the players on the "both" line (maybe swap dunnstral for tora/maybe invis -- not sure.) I'll look over the likelihood of team configurations over the weekend.
Lavos
Lavos
Goon
Lavos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Lavos »

NM's ISO seems sorta awful but not awful to the point where it's impossible to be town that doesn't care? There's not a lot to remark on just because there's not a lot there. He has a weird vigor for the Titus lynch when it was just a compromise that he hopped on. He, uh, naked voted a few people, two of whom are possible scum? That's it. He replaced Maruchan, who had a weird mechanical focus and made, unless I'm missing something, exactly 0 scumhunting posts - even though she had V/LA issues that's still very :/ since he made game-related posts related to NAI mechanics. I would actually consider voting this today.

Majiffy? Uh, probably isn't scum with NM. Not particularly a fan of his rhetoric that the Dunn wagon was rushed. He has mechanical posts too but there's clearly scumhunting mixed in there too which is :up . = - partner equity? Don't want to be the person who throws at the end by pretending like mafia never bus but in this lovers game not sure why you throw that shade there exactly. Not certain but like something to consider. I guess I don't like him talking about how all wagons are supposed to be dumb wagons from d1 but his vote on me and then NM was purely due to his maru scumread on d1. otoh I guess I sort of feel he has some will to gamesolve? altogether ambivalent on this one.
In post 1841, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1839, Irrelephant11 wrote: Seriously if anyone thinks Titus is town though please do share
Titus is a she just FYI

Also RC was dumbtown and last I checked alignments don't change with the replacements so Titus is town too
This is bad in the context that he was willing to intent on Titus later and seemingly forgot about this.

Chickadee:
In post 870, Chickadee wrote:VOTE: Chamber
In post 1653, Chickadee wrote:VOTE: Alchemist

I want that sweet sweet sketchy 3rd vote spot.
By no means definitive but perhaps something to consider??
In post 1885, Chickadee wrote:
In post 1878, Lavos wrote:I don't understand how Titus is meant to flip scum? This is a lovers game. Does it look like mafia are really concerned about Titus being lynched, like at all?

VOTE: Dunnstral if we can get this back let's do it.
tbf, it kind of feels like you're concerned about a titus lynch.
I don't like this but I can't tell if it's because I'm biased against it or it's actually scummy.

She seems pretty anti-Alchemist the entire time actually.

Kinda dislike how she kinda suddenly decides that Titus is scum for like no reason at one point? and henceforth pushes for it like really hard.

sorry but i'm really tired i'll finish this later. tbh saying that scum are all necessarily on x amount of lynches sounds like a bad idea, that can vary or it can be the same and i don't see the reasoning behind saying mafia would maneuver themselves to specifically be on one out of two lynch wagons?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Chickadee »

I pushed for the Titus Lynch because I was ready or day to End. And someone had a compelling point. I can't remember who. Might have been irrelephant? I'll look.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1974, Lavos wrote: Majiffy can you explain what exactly you meant by the d2 wagons feeling rushed? Because I don't get how that works and I don't understand your play from that perspective.
Everyone just piled on D1 wagons and didn't even really discuss how the flips changed the gamestate.

Thinking on it, that may have been scumled to distract town with shiny things
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

@cobbler is there a reason you think scum are more likely to be off wagons than on?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by Chara »

is there anyone with reservations on elephant and Cobbler town? if so i'd love for you to yell at me about it. might add Lavos to the list for his posting today, which i like.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1976, Invisibility wrote:dunn and alch are scum
chara is town elephant is town
basically it
havent really been paying much attention to the game
why are elephant and i town for you?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Um yeah ok, I think it's likely scum come into today with the intention of trying to get my lynch going

Toranaga supposedly knew MariaR was town yesterday, then upon her flip says to look at me again, though I was town to him yesterday - what?
Invisibility comes into today pushing me as well

Cobbler I can't tell, him asking me for my read of Chikadee feels like a leading question, I think she's more likely town than not btw,
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:47 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 1985, Chara wrote:
In post 1976, Invisibility wrote:dunn and alch are scum
chara is town elephant is town
basically it
havent really been paying much attention to the game
why are elephant and i town for you?
gamesolving
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:11 am

Post by Chickadee »

I stand by what I said yesterday. Dunn felt far too resigned to his fate to be scum.

Also sorry, it's been busy for me. It will continue to be busy for me.

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

In post 1980, Lavos wrote:NM's ISO seems sorta awful but not awful to the point where it's impossible to be town that doesn't care? There's not a lot to remark on just because there's not a lot there. He has a weird vigor for the Titus lynch when it was just a compromise that he hopped on. He, uh, naked voted a few people, two of whom are possible scum? That's it. He replaced Maruchan, who had a weird mechanical focus and made, unless I'm missing something, exactly 0 scumhunting posts - even though she had V/LA issues that's still very :/ since he made game-related posts related to NAI mechanics. I would actually consider voting this today.

Majiffy? Uh, probably isn't scum with NM. Not particularly a fan of his rhetoric that the Dunn wagon was rushed. He has mechanical posts too but there's clearly scumhunting mixed in there too which is :up . = - partner equity? Don't want to be the person who throws at the end by pretending like mafia never bus but in this lovers game not sure why you throw that shade there exactly. Not certain but like something to consider. I guess I don't like him talking about how all wagons are supposed to be dumb wagons from d1 but his vote on me and then NM was purely due to his maru scumread on d1. otoh I guess I sort of feel he has some will to gamesolve? altogether ambivalent on this one.
In post 1841, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1839, Irrelephant11 wrote: Seriously if anyone thinks Titus is town though please do share
Titus is a she just FYI

Also RC was dumbtown and last I checked alignments don't change with the replacements so Titus is town too
This is bad in the context that he was willing to intent on Titus later and seemingly forgot about this.

Chickadee:
In post 870, Chickadee wrote:VOTE: Chamber
In post 1653, Chickadee wrote:VOTE: Alchemist

I want that sweet sweet sketchy 3rd vote spot.
By no means definitive but perhaps something to consider??
In post 1885, Chickadee wrote:
In post 1878, Lavos wrote:I don't understand how Titus is meant to flip scum? This is a lovers game. Does it look like mafia are really concerned about Titus being lynched, like at all?

VOTE: Dunnstral if we can get this back let's do it.
tbf, it kind of feels like you're concerned about a titus lynch.
I don't like this but I can't tell if it's because I'm biased against it or it's actually scummy.

She seems pretty anti-Alchemist the entire time actually.

Kinda dislike how she kinda suddenly decides that Titus is scum for like no reason at one point? and henceforth pushes for it like really hard.

sorry but i'm really tired i'll finish this later. tbh saying that scum are all necessarily on x amount of lynches sounds like a bad idea, that can vary or it can be the same and i don't see the reasoning behind saying mafia would maneuver themselves to specifically be on one out of two lynch wagons?
Something about this is pinging my scumdar but good find on Majiffy nevertheless.

@Majiffy: what's up with Titus?
In post 1983, Irrelephant11 wrote:@cobbler is there a reason you think scum are more likely to be off wagons than on?
I don't know what current meta is but generally to avoid drawing suspicion. Especially when town usually does a good job of getting mislynch wagons going anyway.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:32 am

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 3.0311 players not voting (Irrelephant11, Chara, Chickadee, Invisibility, Not_Mafia, Alchemist21, Toranaga, Majiffy, Cobblerfone, Dunnstral, Lavos)

with 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

the current day will end in (expired on 2018-10-31 23:30:00).

mod notes: listen: Not_Mafia has been prodded.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:34 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1986, Dunnstral wrote:Um yeah ok, I think it's likely scum come into today with the intention of trying to get my lynch going

Toranaga supposedly knew MariaR was town yesterday, then upon her flip says to look at me again, though I was town to him yesterday - what?
Invisibility comes into today pushing me as well

Cobbler I can't tell, him asking me for my read of Chikadee feels like a leading question, I think she's more likely town than not btw,
i'll actually ISO this later but Tora if you could answer this now?

i just finished a newbie with Cobbler and though i haven't seen them as scum, i can now say that the beat of his play looks as town as it was in that game. granted i was scum so bias?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Is there a punishment for voting first?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Yes, you'll be ridiculed.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:32 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Invisibility

Coasting and came into today pushing on me but won't advance the game state
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:32 am

Post by Invisibility »

ok
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:35 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1967, Irrelephant11 wrote:Otoh, if he's scum he's probably not the scum we'll be lynching today.
invis/nm/dunnstral don't feel sortable this game day, honestly. Like not that it's 100% impossible to sort any of them ever, I just feel like they're all so hard to read in general and this isn't the gamestate to risk it on one of them.
This is dumb
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:35 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1992, Not_Mafia wrote:Is there a punishment for voting first?
And yet you didn't vote and also seem to hold no opinions
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Tora is guilty of the same thing, would vote there
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1936, Toranaga wrote:I guess we lynch dunn? and if he is town we can just blame maria
What are you waiting for? Why are you just a non-factor right now?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”