Titus v. Alisae (Day 2)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (14+ players). Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Espeonage
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: December 18, 2009
Location: Galar Maybe?
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3375  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:27 am

Hectic doesn't look great from that either.
Don't @ me.

Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 23, 2015
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3376  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:28 am

In post 3371, insomnia wrote:I’m not town telling so feel free to rush me

It’s time my scum game got better for a change

You’ll actually have to read my posts now peeps sorry

Aaron / Chemist / RR / Pine


By definition, at least one of your four scum reads is incorrect. Which is that most likely to be, in your opinion?

Also, did you not take a look at what I had to say about Pine? If you want to call Pine scum, engage me on that.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 23, 2015
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3377  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:30 am

In post 3356, gobbledygook wrote:TrueSoulEnergy
Espeonage
Bitmap
insomnia
Chemist1422
AaronFrost
Ankamius
Reasonably Rational

I am pretty sure these 8 names contain 3 scum which is pretty good odds I think. I really think that TSE has high scum equity. Especially with the BS role he claimed. He would be trying to kill scum as hard as possible knowing he could kill them when they killed him. His play is different from the Masquerade Dance I saw and his play in Mainstream Mafia II where I felt he was town siding.

I think I am most upset about not having a town read on Reasonably Rational and my reads on Espeonage and AaronFrost weakening. :|


Elaborate.

I'm unaware of us having any historical connection, so I don't quite see why you should be especially invested in having a town read on our slot.

-Cerb
Show

insomnia
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3378  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:30 am

I did read that but I lack the brain cells to make up whatever you tried to convey

I don’t know who it is but I am pretty confident in Chemist and Aaron so I want to lynch in those two today.

Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 23, 2015
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3379  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:36 am

Ank: I need a list of 5 slots in this game that are 100% town to you, with reasons why. I agree that you're especially strong at identifying town, so go do it.

Insomnia: Simplest version is scum!pine loses a lot of scum power in real-claiming that role, at the risk of dying. I didn't cover fake claiming that role; there *is* a nonzero chance that scum!Pine could fake claim the ascetic enabler after seeing two ascetic claims, but the risk to his life remains real, and the gain is minimal since in that situation I don't see why he'd expect there to be more than 2 ascetics, therefore he just paints a target on himself in exchange for learning that he can assume people aren't ascetic, as he would have done anyways.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 23, 2015
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3380  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:42 am

In post 3373, insomnia wrote:As for Chemist he’s scum because of his first push that was ever serious was on TSE and that’s enough to conclude a scum read on him, he’s been on MU and knows how goofy towns act, this is not town chemist.


I'm going to need a lot more than that to have cause to agree with you on Chemist.

Now, let's see what you had to say about Aaron.

In post 3239, insomnia wrote:
In post 591, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 564, Maki and Kaito wrote:
In post 481, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 439, Titus wrote:
In post 438, AaronFrost wrote:Anything important happen in these last 18 pages, because that'll effect how closely I read it.

We have 3+ ascetics. So, at least skim.

Claim whether you're ascetic as well please.

K so going back to this, I trust Pine's claim which, if true, likely means one of the other two ascetic claims is scum.

Uh, he's not claiming ascetic though, and this is worded like you believe he is claiming ascetic - he's claiming ascetic enabler. If you're not paying close attention to his claim, how can you say you believe it?

I know what he claimed. My wording was off, as it usually is, but basically my thought was that if he's a town ascetic enabler, then one of Amrun/RR (the ascetic claims) is likely scum.

I should probably put my vote somewhere huh

VOTE: RR


I'll just give a sneak peek, fine. Let's go through this post for a bit.

In Aaron's mind, he believes Pine's claim. He sees no reason why scum would fake claim.

Now, that would incentivize him to try and figure in between Amrun and RR, as, from his PoV, there's a likely scum.

The timing at which the vote is placed down is really bad, as well as the way he goes around voting it.

As town, you were just proven with mechanical info that there's a likely scum candidate in between Amrun / RR. That would give you some heat you know, some hype energy as you've narrowed two scum (from your PoV) and that would make you want to sort them and find who the town is and who the scum is.

That vote is more like an RVS than actually sorting in a mechanical lock box, it's like "Meh whatever it's anyone" which doesn't really make sense. Town!Aaron would pay close attention to Amrun and RR and make a call much later on after thorough analysis and questioning.

This is not how a town would approach a situation like this, from their PoV. The vote is weaksauce, it's not based around sorting anyone which he had a lot of incentive for, as he's been granted a mechanical PoE between 2 people, which is like anything a town would ask for, like a holy grail.

Hope it makes some sense. Try and put yourself in Town!Aaron's shoes here. His mentality and actual in thread actions aren't consistent. After this vote is placed he doesn't even try and figure if he made the right choice, he's just posting for the sake of posting.


This is much stronger. This is, unfortunately, going to be a common thing in this game..but I just don't know Aaron. Is town!Aaron an active sorter?

-Cerb
Show

Ankamius
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Target locked. Initiating combat.
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3381  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:45 am

uhhhhh

I don't have 5 locktown reads at this point, I'd have to double check why I was townreading who I was townreading when I went through the thread initially (up to p36)

I threw out all my d1 reads due to one of my stronger townreads flipping scum but I think there might be some stuff to salvage from them
Spice is not just a flavor, it's a way of life.
Discord - GTKAS
"definitely want to swallow someone whole" - Enter 2020

Ankamius
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Target locked. Initiating combat.
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3382  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:02 am

(I'm not posting that full reads list anywhere btw, it doesn't try to adjust for mason reads)
Spice is not just a flavor, it's a way of life.
Discord - GTKAS
"definitely want to swallow someone whole" - Enter 2020

insomnia
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3383  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:59 am

In post 1552, AaronFrost wrote:Assuming that Ali didn't pick you and thinks that you might have a good idea of who e would pick because of irl experience, wouldn't e try to subvert that?


Yo FL, when you're here, let me know if you've ever said anything about knowing Alisae irl, as I'm too lazy to look for it in your ISO.

Kind of rolling my eyes into my head because Aaron didn't reach the conclusion of a possible scum FL scenario and just shaded him, all the while not coming to the realisation that Ali would pick FL specifically because of their IRL experience, which seems like blatantly obvious of a conclusion to come to from that progression.

TrueSoulEnergy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 19, 2019

Post Post #3384  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 am

In post 3374, Espeonage wrote:I was looking at some votes and stuff and Chemist was off everything.


Wait he wasn’t voting top wagons that were potential miss lynches?

VOTE: Chemist

TrueSoulEnergy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 19, 2019

Post Post #3385  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 am

He always does that dumb shit as Town.

TrueSoulEnergy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 19, 2019

Post Post #3386  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 am

Him not doing that is easy scum tell.

insomnia
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3387  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:02 am

TSE's lock town.

insomnia
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 08, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3388  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 am

Seth, vote Aaron please. Chemist isn't getting lynched today because he's not on people's lists, we can push it tomorrow.

TrueSoulEnergy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 19, 2019

Post Post #3389  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:04 am

In post 3381, Ankamius wrote:uhhhhh

I don't have 5 locktown reads at this point, I'd have to double check why I was townreading who I was townreading when I went through the thread initially (up to p36)

I threw out all my d1 reads due to one of my stronger townreads flipping scum but I think there might be some stuff to salvage from them


Or maybe because you forgot your Reads because you made em up.

TrueSoulEnergy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 19, 2019

Post Post #3390  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:05 am

In post 3388, insomnia wrote:Seth, vote Aaron please. Chemist isn't getting lynched today because he's not on people's lists, we can push it tomorrow.


ObvScum not on people’s list....
BIG sad.
VOTE: Aaron

TrueSoulEnergy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 19, 2019

Post Post #3391  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:05 am

I Town read Aaron though actually.

VOTE: Chemist

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #3392  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:05 am

Ok so who is going to claim next?
Aaron?
Aaron claiming would be sweeeet
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #3393  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:05 am

Chemist could claim too but he’s honestly probably a mason
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #3394  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:06 am

But yeah please continue to massclaim
It really helps me out!
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #3395  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:08 am

The rest of the masons are in {insomnia, Aaron, chemist, FL}
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #3396  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:34 am

actually the more I think about it, anka could probably be thrown in that pool
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #3397  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:35 am

{insomnia, aaron, chemist, FL, Anka}
Yeah
thats the mason pool
Ali Plays!
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#3437
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Sherlock and Watson
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: February 02, 2020
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3398  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 am

im mason

-S

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3399  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:47 am

In post 3355, gobbledygook wrote:Amrun, to answer your message, yes, I do think that is a possibility. That said, I think you should try to target someone with your ability and say something very specific in the message that only the person who receives it could recite in the thread. This might help us find any hidden ascetics in the game.

In post 3356, gobbledygook wrote:TrueSoulEnergy
Espeonage
Bitmap
insomnia
Chemist1422
AaronFrost
Ankamius
Reasonably Rational

I am pretty sure these 8 names contain 3 scum which is pretty good odds I think. I really think that TSE has high scum equity. Especially with the BS role he claimed. He would be trying to kill scum as hard as possible knowing he could kill them when they killed him. His play is different from the Masquerade Dance I saw and his play in Mainstream Mafia II where I felt he was town siding.

I think I am most upset about not having a town read on Reasonably Rational and my reads on Espeonage and AaronFrost weakening. :|


Why send such a friendly strategy comment? That seems unlike you.

Also how did you eliminate everyone on your list to reach your PoE?
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Theme Park