Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7451 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Sigmund »

its ok SS you can take pride in the fact that you're the only person CatGod mis-read
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7452 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Sigmund »

unless you're scum then lol gg
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7453 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Bell »

That’s what you get for sleeping Notry.

That’s what you get.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #7454 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 7447, Bingle wrote:
In post 7438, Something_Smart wrote:I believe it's just, Chara on Ircher, everyone stacking on Chara, right?

I would imagine that should end it.
This is plan. If Chara flips town and I'm dead, someone should look into whose flavor matches healing it, because none of the claims or flips account for that afaict.
yay, someone else finds it weird.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7455 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Sigmund »

I'm glad I got back from Vacay for this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7456 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 7451, Sigmund wrote:its ok SS you can take pride in the fact that you're the only person CatGod mis-read
If only I could.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7457 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Sigmund »

lol

GG
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #7458 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Bell »

It’s okay S_S, I pretty much figured out it was you when you faked your reaction to getting hammered.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7459 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Sigmund »

guess TMI does exist
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #7460 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Bell »

That’s a wrap folks. The brave adventurers have reached the lowest stratum.

Cue boss fight.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7461 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Chara »

wait SS if it's over please tell me so i can sleep
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7462 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

It's over yeah
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7463 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Chara »

haha i have escaped miselimination once more. that's all that matters. oh and it's cool we won ig
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #7464 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Bell »

Good game everybody.

Take care of yourselves, be healthy.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7465 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 7462, Something_Smart wrote:It's over yeah
Never stop hoping. There's always the chance that every living town player gets modkilled before unwnd ends the game.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7466 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Good game
Im a dog that quacks
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7467 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 7462, Something_Smart wrote:It's over yeah
aw, i am pocketable af
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7468 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Farkran »

gg everyone

sorry for defending scum so hard lol

i still had a couple reads correct d1 though, should've stick with those instead of going through the whole murdercat vs ndmath thing

also sorry chara, at least we can set this as our first time as town together. Didn't go that well but we can learn.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7469 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by unwnd »

.....The...signal...

...Weaken......Co...

Me...Your...sense.....

Yggdr......

?

Spoiler: Something_Smart was...
Troubadour -
They strive to support their allies with songs and dance. Their true strength is the ability to bolster other adventurers.

--
You are
MAFIA
Your partners are [PLAYER], [PLAYER], and [PLAYER.], [PLAYER] and [PLAYER]. You share a PT here: {Link}

HP: 6
ATK: 0

Shelter Song (Innate) [Active] - Single use. Choose a target. You will neighborize that target permanently.

Energy ensemble [Active] (3 SP) - Single use. You and the person in your PT will be empowered for the following night stratum. This will make your actions (besides damaging) unblockable.

> You regain your state of being. Control comes back to you. Your body feels real, even if it is not. It shares the same weight as the words transmitted to you, as it plays back in your mind.

You clutch yourself and move your fingers. It seems everything is still in order.

> Re-calibration did not take you with it. Your soul remains firmly within this body. You press onward, as you already have before. The adventurers that are with you clutch their belongings and exasperate themselves, running. Running. No pacing themselves. Tripping over each other.

> You believe you see it. The top of the tree at last.

> A white light emerges. It blinds you and everyone else.

You feel a lightness beginning to loosen your body.

> Your limbs are beginning to fade, as they return to ones and zeroes. Your equilibrium feels out of place as you try to hone into your senses once more.

Everything around you loses it's sheen, the blue sky you stared at is now littered code as well. Trees begin to deform and lose shape. The very ground you are running on loses it's color. Whatever remains is being erased.

> You fear if the same is happening to you. You try to speak but you cannot. You try to move yet you feel disconnected. Only your mind remains. Your eyes find focus and see the undoing. Your companions all lose their form.
Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7470 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by unwnd »

Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7471 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

The remaining town of Dunnstral, Ircher, Sigmund, Bell, WhemeStar, notscience, Chara, Farkran and Bingle have reached completion and routed out the opposing faction.

Town wins!
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7472 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by unwnd »

Discord PTs/information TBA. I had a wall written up in preparation for post-game. Thank you everyone for sticking with me and letting this conclude. I'll have more to say soon.
Stop
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7473 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:35 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

GG

Thanks unwnd for modding
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7474 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by unwnd »

June 23rd, 2021
I dreaded sending this message, but hope it reaches you all the same. I have a lot to talk about when it comes to this game. If you're reading this, then the game has reached some sort of conclusion. For what that is? That depends. I have a lot to talk about. First and foremost, thank you very much for joining my game. All of you. You don't know how happy I was to see my game filled as fast as it did. You don't know how overjoyed I was to see people enjoying my flavor and getting into the game. I didn't expect people to care about the MOD EVENTS and I initially had it just chosen as random.org where I would challenge myself to write something to keep the game pace going. While this didn't last, I felt all the excitement around me. I was quite excited too. Then I had to make some tough choices. I'd like to break this down in sections:

1) The Mastina Modkill

This was not something easy to me. I was gutting a role that I spent a lot of time tinkering/designing and disabling someone's ability to play. I still look back and regret it from happening, because the onus is on me. I needed to clarify what was or wasn't allowed in the first place. I simply saw a situation happened and acted to the best of my ability. This is a theme that kept occuring in my game and started here. Mastina was merely dealing with what she was given and it was not really a fair hand. I should've been more forthright towards her and the process. The game still lived on after this, but the rules should've been written in stone before this. Know that this was not a personal endeavor and I hope that mastina did not feel it was.

2) The Mod-Confirmed error

I should've spent more time looking over actions and checking them twice. Unfortunately, a situation happened where this game diverged into a different timeline. If I had been more delicate and considerate of myself, I would've been able to see morph's action. I did not however, and this left a gaping hole. This was unfair to morph and to the scumteam who had been doing such a good job socially manuevering up until that point. To mod-confirm another slot is just totally unfair and shifted the dynamic from them. It was something I had to take guidance upon with the listmods and it had no easy fix. The issue relies on the fact I rushed to an outcome, afraid I was icing out the game.

2a) Personal Health and Accountability

I made this game with deep passion and a hope to make everyone smile. Or at least feel it was memorable. I'm afraid that it's memory would only be in ruin despite my earnesty. I enjoyed writing the flavor and plotting out the story in the beginning. Then, things got worse. I realized the cracks in my game as the days went on and to be honest I got demotivated. I started to even ensue writer's block and had to do some more quick thinking to recorrect my own lack of enthusiasm. I wasn't taking care of my personal needs either, developing poor sleeping habits and falling into bouts of depression. I would even say that my depression lingered throughout the whole experience as I tried to hide it and keep a brave face. I don't need compensation for this but I just want to be honest with you all about it. Managing the needs of 24 people will become even more of a greater effort if I am not managing the needs of one. That is myself. I should've been more patient and willing, and not just trying to force myself to get over it. A healthy mod is a better mod, and I was not very healthy. I shouldn't have used this game to merely distract or even overfocus on it to the point where I wasn't seeing my surroundings. I had a lot of people who I had to micromanage both questions and actions and bork the kind man he is kept up with votecounts and even offered to help. I shouldn't have treated this like something I could take on my own.

3) Too Many Working Parts

God. This game just. It had too much going for it and I didn't prepare for the risks. Mind you, I put the warning label there, but I could not test the contents myself. There isn't an area of study where you can practice all these ideas before you put it out as a game. You just sort of have to accept it's an experiment that can go wrong. And it did, to my own behest. Let's go back a little further however. I started to talk about this games concept with a few people around Feburary 2021. This game originally had it's own version of NAR, Outside communication, discords, and just a bunch of other shit. I advertised this very plainly but it seems the listmods didn't get the entire message. I had to cut out the aspect of outside communication at last minute revision with Bork. The process of getting this setup reviewed all was a bit chaotic even though I tried to give myself extra time. Fun fact-- I started writing roles for this game around April. I had everything "finished" by the time the signups started and I put quotations on finished because the result was hackeneyed. Another fun fact-- This game used to be 17 people and changed to 24. That really fucked up some of the mechanical balance and left a huge hole in the setup actually. Why? Because I had a core setup that I should've stuck with and instead I had to add a bunch of filler roles/weakly designed ones to merely fill the player count. Bork helped me readjust some things and make it even more simple than what I had it. There are some writings in the role PMs that reflect mechanics that were either cut or adjusted, so I could understand some people's confusion. As for why I wanted more people? I was afraid my game would be over too soon and town would just ramp up their desire to shoot at each other. My fears became slightly true, but it eventually just happened to work out for them. It's a very powerful mechanic to give everyone chip damage.

4) What else?

I was going to go into more detail about my rationale behind the roles but this has been a bit exhausting for me. If I was able to rewind the clock and start over, I would remove many aspects. I think the SP system is just a fancy way of making certain things X-Shot. I think differential from Innate/SP abilities is a decent idea but stacked on top of another system like HP/ATK and it gets really convoluted. I made a ton of errors outright just forgetting to notify players when they took damage and the like because it's just a ton to keep track of.

I do believe in some design though and I don't think it is all failure. I think the failure mostly comes from the errors, which probably happened because the game is as complciated as it was. That isn't an excuse I want to give myself however. I want to try this again and refine all off the mechanics here and take away from some roles. I still absolutely believe in my vision, but I think I just flew too close to the sun. I'm aware of the impending comments people will have and I will try to answer any questions people have or even talk about my thought processes. I made this in preparation of all that. I would urge anyone to read the spec PT because I go into detail about a lot of things when my motivation was still high. It waned once things started to fall apart though.

- Yours, unwnd
Stop

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”