Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn Mafia (Game Over)

Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 454, Qrow and Raven wrote:I'm extremely worried about Nancy's condition rn
Normally I feel like she's actually been pretty upfront about when she's going to be less active, but this time there's nothing to go on. She also just posted something trying to reconcile a troubling event for her as the last post she's had on site so I'm deeply concerned someone said something that deeply wounded her

-Qrow, who cares a whole awful lot
Can we like not do this please. I promise you I’m fine. <3

I really don’t want to spend the entire game thinking about upsetting things, so let’s just drop it - at least within the context of this game, it’s irrelevant. Thanks.

~Raven obviously
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 459, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 456, Romance wrote:...?

I just find Nancy a lot more readable when she starts posting.
well yes a lot of people do, but actively pressuring her to generate content I think just makes it harder to actually engage regardless of alignment, and I say this based on a mountain of experience with that sort of treatment

-Qorw
No one is pressuring me. What happened in Overkill 2 - that was actually pressure. I think can take it from here and answer for myself. Thanks very much for all of the kind comments but I was only offsite for > 48 hrs and I didn’t even know that the game had begun. Oh in case this ever becomes relevant, my favourite flowers are llilacs.

~Raven (Helicoptered hydra partner) :P
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

Spoiler:
In post 489, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 487, tictac wrote:
In post 486, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 478, tictac wrote:
In post 158, Qrow and Raven wrote:(I don’t actuallyh agree with Elsa FYI but that seems a little bit braver than I’d expect from scum)
i was misreading this as u saying u tr elsa for bravery, whinch would have been backwards.
Um. I'm pretty sure your "misread" was actually what I meant. Why did it feel backwards to you?

Qrow
scum elsa is very much not timid at all.
if anything i'd expect a lot more of the razzle-dazzle from scum-him
is that not ur exp with him then?
I think elsa is sorta a people pleaser as scum while he does his own thing a bit more as town
though I will say the posting has kinda slid into less towny territory as time has gone on

-Qrow
In post 492, Mystic Bears wrote:
In post 131, RealCheeks wrote:TELL THEM TO TURN OFF CAPS IT'S CASE SENSITIVE.
~C
ROFL!
In post 148, Mirio wrote:Something that stuck out to me is how many people glazed over my request altogether. I don't think it was an incorrect thought, and I also realized I misunderstood how it worked once it was clarified in thread. I think it's going to be good information to dig into more at a later time.

I am unimpressed by the votes on me over the request, but understand them. Of the two I think Gamma's was weaker, as it seems fairly surface level.
So what DO you make of the votes on you?
In post 154, Head One and Head Two wrote:
In post 21, Romance wrote:
In post 20, Bell wrote:Mastina's town.
why ydrasse alt
... Does Ydrasse have any alts that aren't outed? xD

In post 166, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 147, mastina wrote: I did check with the mod, and as a matter of fact: yes. That's in fact how it works! The mod confirmed that me using my 1x guaranteed raid success...will give me another shot at a guaranteed raid success.

The downside to me claiming/confirming this is that now all scum with X-shots know they can get another X-shot but hopefully the town can get more mileage out of the raid. (I claimed without knowing what the raid bonus was, I saw my role earlier, formed a plan for what I'd do on daystart, I was phoneposting when the game started, so didn't know the ramifications until now.)
A townie mindset would save this to stop 3 failed raids in a row or something instead of wasting it early on. But you claimed it when the mod alluded to that type of role day 1 and plan to use it immediately?

I read the raid thing at the beginning and it said only hostile factions can choose to pass or fail the raid if they're in it. So your ability seems more suited to town at first glance. But it said faction(s). So I dunno.

I just don't wanna trust you to claim this role so early. Does the town know when you succeed? Because if we don't know when you use it, then you can just let this raid pass through by just accepting this raid as scum instead. You'd know if your buddies are in the raid anyway.
I like you. The raids are a potential POE tool later on.
In post 182, Head One and Head Two wrote:Meta is the best scumhunting tool
-T3
Metabad. :3
In post 187, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 185, Bell wrote:I'm kind of just waiting for someone to town slip hard or scum slip hard.
I don't really see anything yet. I have pings of town, but then I just go: Nono, what if that's what they want me to think?

There are certain posts that are being uploaded to my brain that I'm trying to make a decision on, such as Qrow's use of past experience to justify that the pace is fine. When, like, okay? Sure? Alright.
This is a town post
Bell posting at all is town bell :P
In post 194, Romance wrote:If Mastina is scum, by virtue of her roleclaim she has to be on every single raid; and, then, as scum neither she nor any of her scumteam would be allowed to fail a raid without revealing her as fake. I don't think that a scumteam does all of that to ingratiate her to town so she's probably just town. /shrug
Not quite, shes set up to allow any failed raids after this one without incrimination. We're too early for mech talk, the claim is NAI to me from mechanical perspective and mastina is not town by meta even remotely at the moment, as she can powerwolf. For now she's a solid null for me, time will tell.
In post 205, mastina wrote:Let's see if putting things in a readslist helps my thoughts here.

Mirio
Bell
dwlee99

ArcAngel9
Mystic Bears (Noraa + Flea the Magician)
Save The Dragons
Titus
Toogeloo

Head One and Head Two (T3 + ManateeGal)
tictac
Tomorrow Corporation
Whemestar
Mandelbrot (House + Yume)
Sakura Hana
Momrangal
Romance
Elsa Jay

SirCakez
RealCheeks (RCEnigma + CheekyTeeky)

Qrow and Raven (Gamma Emerald + Nancy Drew 39)

Approximately: townread null-positive null-null-to-null-negative scumlean scum.
This lacks something :/ I'm not sure what though :(
In post 217, Mandelbrot wrote:And this is what I was waiting for. Mastina is town until further notice
dafuq just happened?
Reverse OMGUS?
"Youre town!"
"GOOD! you're town too!!"
O.o like yeah I've seen this before but this seems well funny to me, not even AI just funny :D #fluff
In post 238, Romance wrote:Mirio gets a townread for stealing my thoughts.
Like please tell me this isn't just me? This is comical with how fast it's happening and there's still players who haven't even posted yet xD

#Page10

Bell isn’t town because he’s posting, it’s WHAT he’s posting. He was flaming obvscum in that game we hydra’d in. That’s why I say he’s the new Creature. Creature used to be transparent, that’s no longer the case but unless Bell has very recently drastically improved his scumgame, I think I’m good with my read.

~R
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 545, Save The Dragons wrote:Mastina town
Flea town
Elsa Jay town
Qrow town
I’m null on them. I’m not sure how to read Flea and I’m waiting for more from Noraa.

~R
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:03 pm

Post by Mandelbrot »

@Mod: House head VLA until the 20th

I don't remember if I mentioned this, but I'm at TitusMeet 2.0

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 699, RealCheeks wrote:Yay Nancy! I just felt your lack of presence and thought Gamma was overcompensating. I doubt it would be hard to change my mind though.
~C
I’m really uncomfortable with anything OoG getting brought into this but we were discussing that a lot and he seriously thought I siteflaked and that he was somehow responsible. I reassured him that both no and no and I hope that will be the last thing I need to say about that in this game.

~R
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

Nancy your going to have to change your signoff. People are going to think we're the same person o.o
-R
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:51 pm

Post by RealCheeks »

@Bell/Mandelbrot

Have either of you ever played with Elsa before?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:21 am

Post by mastina »

In post 624, Head One and Head Two wrote:Do I even have to say how obvtown mastina is?
Can I just say that while me showing townness is something I get because I am town and genuinely feel like I've shown some of what makes me town, I'm kinda baffled by how
strongly
the townreads are because while I've shown some of what makes me town, the strongest markers of what make me look town to others (namely, conviction) have been absent so I kinda don't get it? Like, if I were going full-conviction-mode here, I'd not bat an eye at the description of me being obvtown as I'd agree. But I don't feel like I've obvtowned yet--towned, yes, but OBVtowned, not
that
strongly town yet. I've full confidence that I WILL be that obvtown eventually...but I don't feel like me as I currently am warrant that description? Townreads I get (I've done enough to earn them), locktown townreads where I am obvtown beyond any shadow of a doubt, I don't (I've not done enough to earn
that
).
In post 620, Sakura Hana wrote:Why is a 4 vote wagon
"Opportunistic as fuck"
?
If you had a flash-wagon on you, and you were town, what would
your
thoughts on the wagon be?

I believe I get where Titus is coming from and I think I just talked myself into a Titus townread because I don't think she fakes that thought process here as scum. (I believe it's within her capacity to fake it as scum, I just don't think she
did
fake it, and think it was genuine.)

Bell
Mirio
dwlee99
Titus

Mandelbrot (House + Yume)

ArcAngel9
Toogeloo
tictac

Tomorrow Corporation
Whemestar
Sakura Hana
Momrangal
Romance

RealCheeks (RCEnigma + CheekyTeeky)
Elsa Jay
Save The Dragons

SirCakez

Qrow and Raven (Gamma Emerald + Nancy Drew 39)

Hard to tell how town Titus is precisely but I'll take the risk and put her in my strongest town tier.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:29 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Ok im caught up but dont really have much to say

I tr mastina because I tr effort but other ppl tr her so guess its good.

I think a T3 wagon is always safe and is easy to determine his allingment. He seems to be playing differently recently so idk if hes swithcing up his meta or not.

Titus wagon bad wagon
Im a dog that quacks
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:35 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 708, mastina wrote:If you had a flash-wagon on you, and you were town, what would your thoughts on the wagon be?
the most "flash-wagon" that wagon had was 2 votes in quick succesion going from 2 to 4 votes on an 11 to eliminate.
I got 2 votes in quick succesion on RVS and it didnt even faze me.
So i wouldnt even call it a "flash-wagon" and i probably wouldnt even care.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:38 am

Post by mastina »

In post 697, Qrow and Raven wrote:Explain Dwelee and Elsa.
Well Dwlee's content looks town enough. I'm not sure but he's town enough for now.

Elsa's content looks incredibly lackluster. It overall looks closer to scum not having a good grasp on what to do instead of town, but is not strong because it could just be town not having a good grasp on what to do. So, slightly suspicious, but not extremely suspicious.
In post 696, Qrow and Raven wrote:I hadn’t even posted!
That was a huge part of the problem. :P

I realize that you had very very very serious shit going on and that meant a new fresh game was absolutely not on your priority list. But while I realize there's not a great way to handle out-of-game circumstances influencing games, that it's tricky to deal with them, I genuinely feel the way it was handled is indicative of your slot having a higher-than-random chance of being scum.

That's a shitty explanation, lemme see if I can try to better describe it.

Say a scummer was, suddenly and inexplicably, badly V/LA due to a hurricane, as an example.
The absence of the scummer from a game would, explicitly, be expected and NAI due to the bad V/LA thanks to the hurricane.
However, the alignment of the scummer in a game can still differentiate the specifics and how things manifest.
So in spite of the situation being the same regardless of alignment, of the scummer being badly V/LA due to a hurricane in this example, there can still be alignment information to be gleaned in how that V/LA manifested.
It's hard to approach because you don't want to frame things as "the scummer is scum from overplaying their V/LA to gain an advantage and the hurricane was not that bad"--that's the sort of thing you absolutely don't want to say.
But if the scummer as town would do X when badly V/LA due to a hurricane, but as scum would instead do Y when badly V/LA due to a hurricane, you still have a need to point out the difference between X and Y (in spite of the scummer having been badly V/LA due to a hurricane regardless of their alignment and not lying about their circumstances regardless of their alignment).

Hope that makes sense for what I am getting at.

To put it into this game's context, you being gone? Not suspicious. The manifestation of that, however, feels like the Y (scum) rather than the X (town) to me.

Also Gamma kinda looks like scum on his own. You're the easier head to read but just because you're not around doesn't mean I won't try to read you off of your partner's posting.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:41 am

Post by mastina »

(Am reviewing Nancy now to refresh my Nancy knowledge. Am reconsidering my read, stand by, may have an update. Gimme like 20 minutes of reading other games to refresh my memory there for her.)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:41 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 708, mastina wrote:Hard to tell how town Titus is precisely but I'll take the risk and put her in my strongest town tier.
In post 711, mastina wrote:Well Dwlee's content looks town enough. I'm not sure but he's town enough for now.
In post 708, mastina wrote:Bell
Mirio
dwlee99
Titus
Looks like your reads list needs some fixing
Unless "Town enough for now" is the same strength as "Strongest town tier"
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:53 am

Post by mastina »

In post 713, Sakura Hana wrote:Unless "Town enough for now" is the same strength as "Strongest town tier"
Bingo. :P

I should probably invent a new tier of town for Bell tho as Bell's above that by now, but he's the only one I can say that of.
In post 712, mastina wrote:(Am reviewing Nancy now to refresh my Nancy knowledge. Am reconsidering my read, stand by, may have an update. Gimme like 20 minutes of reading other games to refresh my memory there for her.)
Btw did this and basic conclusion: need more Nancy posts to tell for sure. The content I see overall leans town but not absolutely so, meaning that I'll go with this:

VOTE: SirCakez

Nancy's not town to me yet but she deserves at the very least to not be my vote until I get her better locked down here given what I've seen compared to my refresher course on her play indicating her posts weakly indicate slightly more likely to be town (but with a need for more). Basically her slot's a lot closer to null now than scum, and I don't want to vote her unless I think she's scum, and I currently need more to tell town/scum on her but what she's given bumped her slot up from scum to null thusfar.
Tomorrow Corporation
Tomorrow Corporation
Goon
Tomorrow Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:02 am

Post by Tomorrow Corporation »

tictac is mechanically town; just trust me on this one. I'll elaborate on day 4 so hold me to this.
The future is tomorrow
Tomorrow Corporation
Tomorrow Corporation
Goon
Tomorrow Corporation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:05 am

Post by Tomorrow Corporation »

I am a pacifist so I will be opting to glare very menacingly at suspects to intimidate them into speaking.

Menacing glare at SirCakez

I will remove my vote before the hammer to stop any damages claims.
The future is tomorrow
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:25 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 601, mastina wrote:These reads are...somewhat suspicious, and my memory of STD is that...he does...a lot more than this as town?
I'm literally on vacation
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:35 am

Post by Bell »

In post 707, RealCheeks wrote:@Bell/Mandelbrot

Have either of you ever played with Elsa before?
Nope.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:25 am

Post by tictac »

In post 701, Qrow and Raven wrote:I was only offsite for > 48 hrs and I didn’t even know that the game had begun.
sorry to bring yer rl into things, but there's an implication here about u not having access to a maf pt 4 pre-game planning that should not be ignored. otherwise game having started probs not a surprise.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:41 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Mafia chat existing and game start are not synonymous
I prefer they, thanks :)
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:42 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 720, Dwlee99 wrote:Mafia chat existing and game start are not synonymous
There was a decently long pre-game tho, and incidentially i think tictac's point is that nancy would've realized that.

I didnt take it into consideration and i think tictac's probably town for pointing it out.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:18 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 532, tictac wrote:ftr multiple sum factions being in a raid and disagreeing on success/fail would lead to undefined behaviour.
so glaring design flaw in the ruleset or this is in fact single ball.
I would imagine fail overrides in that setup. Unwnd is a co-mod, this is going to mechanically sound and have failsafes.
In post 542, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 481, tictac wrote:VOTE: Momrangal
i guess
In post 483, tictac wrote:
In post 482, Sakura Hana wrote:But if she's scum she's actually the role she's claiming.
i mean shes basically claiming the powerset that scum are mod confirmed to have
kinda wish flea would engage with more slots

-Qrow
Flea has gone back to faer reflexive meta because bad brain juju (see Neurodiversity threads and GTKAS), and in large games that actively sucks, admittedly. It's why I don't play many larges. Poking on what I see that I dislike though.
In post 593, Mystic Bears wrote:
In post 564, Mirio wrote:VOTE: Titus
I very strongly agree but Mirio why are you voting Titus? I don't think there's any reason to be voting Titus for that post for anyone that isn't me.

VOTE: Titus

-norbeario
This vote does not come from both of us, I would rather stay on Tictac for now.
In post 601, mastina wrote:I can tell you what it's missing!

It's lacking conviction!

You know how normally in games I get into the "tunnel" mode, where I exaggerate both town/scumreads to be stronger than they actually are? How I will make pushes with confidence and conviction?

I'm struggling to do that this game. Closest I've got is my Qrow/Raven scumread (which might be a bit of the tunnel mode read), and a few of my townreads (Mirio/Dwlee come to mind as exaggerated townreads tho Bell's town enough that the townread on him isn't exaggerated). But I'm struggling to lock people down, and struggling when locking things down to make them be strongly so. I've got basically no conviction here and it fucking sucks.

Give it a bit of time tho, I'm sure that'll change eventually and slowly.
That would do it, I was thinking that but reading over it and was like "yeah but this is mastina... that won't be it."
In post 612, Bell wrote:1. What is Mirio doing?
Fantastic question, because I have no freaking clue.
In post 618, Bell wrote:
In post 614, Titus wrote:Ok Bell's town.
I'm pretty hyper aware of my own town tells and even I don't know what tripped the town bell tell in my last few posts.
You posted. :P
In post 631, Mirio wrote:
In post 629, Bell wrote:Shit posting, when you seemed pretty alright before.
Letting the game breathe and quiet voices come forward. Mostly just busy today.
Honestly I don't feel you're actually doing much except nullposting. Like you're not even fluff posting.
In post 673, Head One and Head Two wrote:Mirio is locktown. Sheep me on this after I'm dead.
-tehtehteh
Talk me through it? I really don't like them currently.
In post 703, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 545, Save The Dragons wrote:Mastina town
Flea town
Elsa Jay town
Qrow town
I’m null on them. I’m not sure how to read Flea and I’m waiting for more from Noraa.

~R
In fairness I think this is our second actual game together?
In post 715, Tomorrow Corporation wrote:tictac is mechanically town; just trust me on this one. I'll elaborate on day 4 so hold me to this.
Oh I will, for now I think I have outstanding that needs responding to.

See this is something i've noticed lately.. are people scared of me overreacting or something? :/ I post stuff, I get passed over and boom Flea's doin jack all. :(
Do you really want to know what happens when a bear gains mystical powers?

Stay tuned and see what these faerie bears end up like~
Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:19 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

-Flea, in case it wasn't obvious :P

Unsigned posts are Noraa
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

ok tictac is in my notes but I didn't actually pose anything to them.
-F

Unsigned posts are Noraa

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”