Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn Mafia (Game Over)

Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 998, Elsa Jay wrote:My agenda just happens to be boredom.
That may well be true, but you cannot expect other players to ignore the reality that intentional alteration of playstyle & tone is an easy way for scum to mask.

- House
Hydra of Yume & House
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:31 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Yep, and it's screwed my town games up in the past. It's not like I'm throwing though. I put my full effort into solving stuff. I just sound different sometimes.

Like now I'm going at this more chill because since the Mastina thing didn't work out and I'm getting back into the groove and remembering to take my time, I don't have to poke beehives as much. Also got more sleep.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:40 am

Post by House »

In post 999, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 976, Save The Dragons wrote:Toogaloo is town
Bell is town
Head one head two is town I think
Tic tac is town I think
STD pick a player to scumread and I'll sheep you
/inb4 StD votes you. :lol:
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:44 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 2, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Setup Information

• 21 Players Themed Game
  • Contains heavy spoilers of the theme (2.0 content). You have been warned in advertisement, you have been warned in signup thread, and you have been warned here again.
  • Special Mechanic - Primal raids and the Realm in Danger
    • Primal Raids
      - Every day players may join the raid against the Primals. If joined by more than 8 players, only the first 8 players will join. If there are fewer than 8 players left and there is a primal alive they will automatically join the raid. If at least one member of the hostile factions are in the raid group, the said member will decide whether the raid succeeds or fail. There may or may not be a role that affects the raid. Upon a successful raid, participant will be given a bonus listed, while failing a raid will increase the Realm danger meter. Clearing a raid will decrease danger meter.

• Realm in Danger
      - Eorzea is in great danger due to primal threats and Garlean invasion. The danger meter starts at 0 in the beginning of the game and may be increased up to stage 3, causing detrimental effects to the game.

* Stage 0 - Nothing happens
      * Stage 1 - 2 days taken off of day deadline
      * Stage 2 - Hostile factions members gain Multitasking modifier
      * Stage 3 - Elimination costs one less vote (Not applicable in a MeLo/ELo)
Sample Role PM

HydaelynWelcome to FFXIV ARR Mafia

You are
Hydaelyn (
Vanilla Eorzean
)

Ability:
  • None.

Win Condition:
  • All hostile factions are eliminated
Can someone explain to me what is exactly supposed to happen in a raid?

Thanks.

~Raven obviously.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

If it works, the people on it get the bonus listed each week. A plus one in this case.

Only scum can cause it to fail, but they get to choose if it works or not. If it fails bad things listed there happens.

It's first come first serve too. So yeah.
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1004, Elsa Jay wrote:If it works, the people on it get the bonus listed each week. A plus one in this case.

Only scum can cause it to fail, but they get to choose if it works or not. If it fails bad things listed there happens.

@Mastina, what was that game we played that I think was hosted by SS?

It involved similar mechanics irc?

I played under my Raven alt in case you don’t remember.
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1005, Qrow and Raven wrote:
In post 1004, Elsa Jay wrote:If it works, the people on it get the bonus listed each week. A plus one in this case.

@Mastina, what was that game we played that I think was hosted by SS?

It involved similar mechanics irc?

I played under my Raven alt in case you don’t remember.

Subject: Mini 2133: XP Mafia II (Game Over)

Spoiler:
Professor Moriarty wrote:
Setup Specific Rules:

I. XP
Each player in this game will have a certain amount of XP. XP can be gained by some night actions, and can be spent to power abilities. Each player starts with 1 XP unless otherwise specified, and players can never have less than 0 XP. Players are always aware of how much XP they have.
It is public knowledge that the Mafia's factional kill costs 1 XP to carry out.
The Mafia member making the kill may spend an additional 1 XP (for a total of 2) to make the kill a strongman kill, meaning it cannot be stopped by anything except for a commuter.

II. Training
Each player, by default, is allowed to Train during the night. This takes the place of another action and cannot be used alongside any action. When a player Trains, they gain 1 XP. This is an action and can be blocked or seen with Follower, but it is not considered a visit and therefore cannot be seen by Tracker, Motion Detector, Voyeur, or Watcher.

III. Public Mechanics
This game has a certain set of Public Mechanics. Public Mechanics are guaranteed to be in play for the whole game once they are put into play, and different game events may cause new Public Mechanics to go into play throughout the game. The following Public Mechanics are in play at the beginning of the game:

[Capture]
All players may vote to block another player using
Capture: Player
or HURT: Player. Once a majority is reached, the day ends and that player is captured. The captured player will be unable to take any actions (personal or factional, including Training) the following night, and if they are aligned with the Mafia, they will lose 1 XP.

[Quest]
During the day, any player may PM us to choose to join the quest. They may change their mind at any time. At the end of the day, if more than half of the living players have chosen to do so, the quest will succeed; otherwise, it will fail. If the quest succeeds, a PT will be created for the following night with all players who joined it, and during the first half of the night they must vote in that PT on one player on the quest to become the Leader, chosen by plurality. Then, the quest PT will be locked and the Leader will be shown an item which gives a special power, and the Leader must choose any other player on the quest to receive the item (they will be secretly informed that they received it and what it does). This does not count as an action. The Leader will also gain 1 XP, which can be used that night. Players participating in a Quest may still Train or take other night actions, as normal.
However, if the quest succeeds, the Mafia will learn who is on the quest and may choose one player on the quest to sabotage that night, preventing all actions they take and removing all XP they have. XP they spend or earn that night is not lost.

Spoiler:
[Upgrade]
During any day or night, any player may PM us to spend some XP to upgrade their role. Each role has a different unique upgrade, and each role has an upgrade cost that is between 2 and 4 (and is known to the player). When a player upgrades during a phase, they will learn their new role at the end of that phase. Players who upgraded will flip with their upgraded role, but it will not be visible to rolecops.

These are the
only
Public Mechanics initially in play.
Voting to lynch is not initially available.
However it is still possible to vote to end the day with VOTE: End Day; this has the effect a No Lynch would have in a standard game.[/area]
IV. Actions
This game contains two types of night actions: standard actions and bonus actions. Unless otherwise specified, all actions are standard actions. Each player may carry out a maximum of one standard action and any number of bonus actions in one night, unless they Train, in which case they may take no other actions (standard or bonus).
The Mafia factional kill is a bonus action; this in effect means that all Mafia members are multitasking, as they may carry out the Mafia kill at the same time as taking a personal action.

Players may also have passive abilities, which are abilities that always trigger and cannot be roleblocked or interfered with.

This game also contains day actions. Any number of day actions can be taken during a day, but each day action can only be taken once per day unless otherwise specified.
[/quote]

Found it!

So would you say that raids are similar to quests?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Dont sheep me I'm barely able to follow
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Bell »

row/raven+ Toog+ wheme.
/:

Am I totally off?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Bell »

In post 947, Romance wrote:If you want me to talk about anything in particular you're going to have to ask.

I've already said I feel like my thoughts aren't falling in line with how everyone else is approaching this and it's not a fun experience at the moment, so. Whatever is important I guess throw at me.
Didn’t mirio just directly contradict this statement by saying that you’re largely holding the same opinions he is?
Mystic Bears
Mystic Bears
Goon
Mystic Bears
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Mystic Bears »

In post 957, Romance wrote:I mean. Dunno. Maybe I'm more sensitive to it but when I put out my genuine thoughts and people go "nah don't like these it's scummy" I am very prone to shutting down and getting too frustrated to really continue on for a while and/or throw a fit because people aren't townreading me when ~I~ feel like I'm doing towny things. I've been trying not to do the throwing a fit part lately but it's just frustrating. Maybe it's because on my main account people are very quick to townread me and I just end up wondering how much of that is a personality/vibe thing, and if I'm stuck having to play like that forever when it's tiresome. Rant over, sorry.

I feel like my wagon is just like... "Yeah sure, okay." There's not a lot to poke. I feel like it's for pressure and I can't discern who's doing it as town and scum right now. The worst offender is probably Qrow who's not on it IIRC but sort of floated a thought about being paranoid about me earlier and is like "Yep I sanction this... buuuuut I'm gonna let the other head drive things for a while", which is stepping back from the responsibility of it all. Shrug.
I said I wouldn't come read anything today!!!! Ugh ok I'll continue my catchup in order tomorrow but my heart literally HURTS seeing this. Ydrasse town. Like I cannot express how much my heart hurts seeing this. Noraa words spewing out of her mouth. Pain in word form. It's either townspew or a huge block of text written to pocket me. It's painful. Pretty sure it's town.

-bearbearbear
Do you really want to know what happens when a bear gains mystical powers?

Stay tuned and see what these faerie bears end up like~
Unsigned posts are Noraa
Qrow and Raven
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Qrow and Raven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Qrow and Raven »

In post 1008, Bell wrote:row/raven+ Toog+ wheme.
/:

Am I totally off?
???

Are you reading my posts?

It’s not at all unusual for me to initially be lost in a large game. You should know this from Death Curse.

Anyway, I just reread the entire game for the second time. I feel better about the bears. I think that people aren’t paying enough attention to my posts and that is a huge mistake.

I also like Sakura as well and agree on Mastina, Mandel.

UNVOTE:

I’m going to unvote for now because rn I don’t want to risk mis a possible LHF. We almost lost Post Appocalypse that way.

~Raven
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Bell »

Were you in death curse?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Bell »

I dunno, I just never have much luck reading gamma and this game isn’t much different. He’s half focused on side topics and half focused on hunting and I’m not sure if that’s scummy or townie.
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:21 am

Post by RealCheeks »

In post 1013, Bell wrote:I dunno, I just never have much luck reading gamma and this game isn’t much different. He’s half focused on side topics and half focused on hunting and I’m not sure if that’s scummy or townie.
It's scummy.
~C
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1014, RealCheeks wrote:
In post 1013, Bell wrote:I dunno, I just never have much luck reading gamma and this game isn’t much different. He’s half focused on side topics and half focused on hunting and I’m not sure if that’s scummy or townie.
It's scummy.
~C
Why?
Mirio
Mirio
Goon
Mirio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Mirio »

VOTE: Whemestar

Let’s do this.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Whemestar
Mandelbrot
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mandelbrot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Mandelbrot »

In post 1002, House wrote:
In post 999, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 976, Save The Dragons wrote:Toogaloo is town
Bell is town
Head one head two is town I think
Tic tac is town I think
STD pick a player to scumread and I'll sheep you
/inb4 StD votes you. :lol:
Gonna have to unsubscribe on House.

Sorry.
Hydra of Yume & House
Mirio
Mirio
Goon
Mirio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Mirio »

Sakura, Romance, please join if you’d be so kind.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

UNVOTE:

I'll wait for a new VC and will vote more informed with the 5 people who are VLA come back tommorow.

Now's a good time to say this I guess... But if someone genuinely needs the one shot more, me and probably at least one other can get off of it for you.

If you don't request it though I guess we're stuck with the first 8 to sign up.
RealCheeks
RealCheeks
Goon
RealCheeks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:21 am

Post by RealCheeks »

In post 1015, Bell wrote:Why?
Consider me an expert on all things Gamma. Aside from that Nancy seems legitimately deflated to have rolled scum, again.
~C
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1021, RealCheeks wrote:
In post 1015, Bell wrote:Why?
Consider me an expert on all things Gamma. Aside from that Nancy seems legitimately deflated to have rolled scum, again.
~C
Noted. Ty.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1020, Elsa Jay wrote:Now's a good time to say this I guess... But if someone genuinely needs the one shot more, me and probably at least one other can get off of it for you.
Did you think this through when you posted it?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1008, Bell wrote:row/raven+ Toog+ wheme.
/:

Am I totally off?
This is spicy, tell me more.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”