petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3566, Taly wrote:oh, I'm getting BoP'd on my few scum games. Love it.
that is literally not what i am doing

i just realized i cannot give you the easy surface level clear. that's all
free crypto
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Taly »

OH yeah, that too.

I forget about alts. I've only been scum in that one game as an alt, and I tried to augment my playstyle a little bit in
Situation Room
by being less emotionally involved.
petapan wrote:
that is literally not what i am doing

i just realized i cannot give you the easy surface level clear. that's all
Understood. :)
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by petapan »

did anyone in the other thread do analysis on the wagon movement at the end of phase 2, since that seems to have been a point of interest for at least some of you
free crypto
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 3359, Morning Tweet wrote:
The illustrious gameshow host returns to center stage to make an announcement.

"Everyone! Team Blue has locked in their judgement. The show will be resuming very, very soon! Don't leave your seats, you aren't going to want to miss this!"

Can't wait.
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 3577, petapan wrote:did anyone in the other thread do analysis on the wagon movement at the end of phase 2, since that seems to have been a point of interest for at least some of you
basis of my defense of you as no real reason for you to basically choose dunnstral to be in duel then push end of day even if you progression on dunnstral wasn't exactly transparent
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by ulyana »

In post 3579, ulyana wrote:
In post 3577, petapan wrote:did anyone in the other thread do analysis on the wagon movement at the end of phase 2, since that seems to have been a point of interest for at least some of you
basis of my defense of you as no real reason for you to basically choose dunnstral to be in duel then push end of day even if you progression on dunnstral wasn't exactly transparent
and like, additional votes on dunnstral don't count as much once day was being pushed to end just the ones up until he'd be second duelist
j'aurai disparu
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by petapan »

i feel seen

thank you

fwiw, re: my progression on dunn, i went to review his scum games, including Isekai mafia, which at the time was still in progress. i then checked back here and realized that while his posts had seemed fine to me in the moment, the body of work wasn't great and he had done something that was incredibly scummy for him and made me change my mind. i didn't feel it was necessary to burn the tell (it's deeper than just inactivity, he lurks as either alignment and it was why i was so hesitant to vote him for a long time), so i didn't explain it, and at any rate anything after his flip would be post hoc justification that wouldn't be hard to fake as scum. but that was my thinking at the time
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah Isekai mafia was one of the key factors in my read on him here despite me never really getting a chance to elaborate on that while he was alive
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3561, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like it’s possible 2 scum were in the pink room and since the wagon was landing on Infinity, who is sussing Saber, the scum in the pink room just wanted an opponent that wouldn’t get votes over infinity.
That's a, uh, outlandish theory
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3563, Gammagooey wrote:Why would scum need to? Scum working together or seeming like they're working together in the PT seems actively bad and if there are two scum in Pink that means they only have to not nom a single person in blue team. and if all 3 scum were in pink obv they don't have to give a shit about the nom at all.

We literally couldnt make anything happen. If 2 scum were in there i think things would have been more cohesive. Dont think that would have made them look aligned

And if all 3 scum were in pink they practically could get whatever townie they wanted in your pt nommed, its a free nom on a townie for them practically
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3564, petapan wrote:i think it goes without saying that in a world where i have 2 teammate in pink thread i am not where i am. i would go so far as to argue it doesn't happen if i have even if i have one there given how incoherent it seems to have been

but then, the theory that pink is clean is pretty ridiculous too because it would suggest that i went all in hardcore powerwolfing for the sake of...making my teammate the second wagon in the even anyway, after spending a good chunk of time defending him. it makes no sense as any kind of rational scum play on my part.
I mean it was not at all easy to make u the nom, i'm not really sure what yoj're trying to say with ur first point

And yeah i dont think the pink room is entirely empty either, like i said earlier i think there's 1
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Not a good reaction to that ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3581, petapan wrote:
i feel seen

thank you

fwiw, re: my progression on dunn, i went to review his scum games, including Isekai mafia, which at the time was still in progress. i then checked back here and realized that while his posts had seemed fine to me in the moment, the body of work wasn't great and he had done something that was incredibly scummy for him and made me change my mind. i didn't feel it was necessary to burn the tell (it's deeper than just inactivity, he lurks as either alignment and it was why i was so hesitant to vote him for a long time), so i didn't explain it, and at any rate anything after his flip would be post hoc justification that wouldn't be hard to fake as scum. but that was my thinking at the time
Very much disliked the timing of ur dunn suspicion
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

And how it came on the heels of pushing cakez and dropping it shortly thereafter
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 3585, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3564, petapan wrote:i think it goes without saying that in a world where i have 2 teammate in pink thread i am not where i am. i would go so far as to argue it doesn't happen if i have even if i have one there given how incoherent it seems to have been

but then, the theory that pink is clean is pretty ridiculous too because it would suggest that i went all in hardcore powerwolfing for the sake of...making my teammate the second wagon in the even anyway, after spending a good chunk of time defending him. it makes no sense as any kind of rational scum play on my part.
I mean it was not at all easy to make u the nom, i'm not really sure what yoj're trying to say with ur first point

And yeah i dont think the pink room is entirely empty either, like i said earlier i think there's 1
i literally do not let myself get put up with a 2 vote wagon, that's the damn point. i'd be micromanaging the absolute hell out of my teammate in that topic. i. would. not. allow. you. to. nominate. me.
In post 3588, skitter30 wrote:And how it came on the heels of pushing cakez and dropping it shortly thereafter
okay great

that is what i do

i pressure people, i get responses, i change my mind. that's how i play. i thought cakez was scum and then after a short time arguing with him
i changed my mind

i probably don't flip on dunn as scum there because, what's the point of some half-assed in-between cred crab at that point in time, either i pull out everything to save him or i turn against him and throw him under the bus a lot sooner

but i literally don't care that i was wrong on dunn for a big chunk of the game, i got there in the end with the second vote of the game and a little bit of luck,
i am happy with the result
free crypto
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Skitter and Taly both saw through the bullshit to show how I am town early in the hood which is why I stayed I was going to sheep their votes (and even mentioned that I was biased for it). I did more reading of the main game thread during the hood deliberation than I had all game.

My analysis was based on Dunn's name dropping tendencies, which I felt Dunn is the type of scum player who actively ignores his buddies if he can. What I drew from his iso is how he never once mentions Saber ever, not even in a quote, and peta and Ydrasse only get a couple mentions at all. I figured there was some possibility of scum in one of those. Polling the hood, 5 out of 6 of the members had peta in their bottom 2 or 3 from the Blue team, so I spent considerable effort trying to get Pink to consolidate there in the event a case for someone better was never made.

Pink chat was just so anti-teamwork.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by Gypyx »

happy scumday toog !
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by Gypyx »

anyways i wonder, does anyone on pink plan on switching to Infinity or are just staying on our course of action there?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Dwlee I know is switching
A lot of the other ones were sus of her during event 3, which is why I’m royally pissed the infinity wagon happened the way it did, because my gut feeling is that scum were keenly aware of that and exploited it
Like, unless all the scum are in the pink group, there has to have been some motion against her being put up (and I won’t abide anyone pointing the finger at me because a) I’m basically UTR atp and b) I would have made a better infinity towncase initially had I been able to talk with her in scumchat)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3593, Gamma Emerald wrote:all the scum are in the pink group
:eyes:

Also, scum bus
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Immediately after losing a member? I don’t think so.
<Embrace The Void>

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:21 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3590, Toogeloo wrote:My analysis was based on Dunn's name dropping tendencies, which I felt Dunn is the type of scum player who actively ignores his buddies if he can. What I drew from his iso is how he never once mentions Saber ever, not even in a quote, and peta and Ydrasse only get a couple mentions at all. I figured there was some possibility of scum in one of those.
fwiw i don't hate this method but it's worth understanding that with a player as inactive as Dunn it's going to lead to a fair deal of false positives, and i don't think he's a total chump who doesn't know how to distance or whatever

(i also think saying he only gave "a couple mentions" of ydrasse is really glossing things over, he gave a detailed defense of her - i lean toward it being whiteknighting a town but not totally sure)
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:26 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3595, Gamma Emerald wrote:Immediately after losing a member? I don’t think so.
imagine me rolling my eyes at you extremely hard
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That wasn’t entirely by choice for you.
<Embrace The Void>

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:30 am

Post by petapan »

as it is most of the time
free crypto

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”