Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #4501 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:25 am

Post by Taly »

Hmm. Do I want
Gypyx
to cross in 1-4 order or not at all...
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4502 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:35 am

Post by ulyana »

why gypyx a point of contention
j'aurai disparu
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #4503 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Taly »

Because I've learned nothing from their posts since Event 1.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4504 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4490, Gamma Emerald wrote:This post seems weird in retrospect
Gypyx seemed conscious that I was getting wagoned earlier and of some of the circumstances behind it, why would things have changed midway through?
i'm not sure what's this post exactly supposed to mean, could you like be more clear?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4505 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:16 am

Post by petapan »

i have been thinking about things

first of all, i think picking and choosing people individually is a mistake

what really matters is the people getting left out, the PoE

ultimately everyone else is getting a chance to cross, but the event design is sort of geared toward tricking us in that sense, making us pick things one at a time but with increasingly shorter deadlines, and the pressure from that + the specific mechanics relating to the first 4 players to cross are trying to bait out rushed decisions and disarray. we ought to avoid that.

i propose that rather than deciding who crosses, one at a time, we vote on who gets left behind now using HURT: tags, and the people who get the most votes get left behind. after that we can chain our way through the crossing voting. this i believe is the best way to play this phase mechanically, and it also reduces the amount of pain/time spent arguing because we get the work done up front
free crypto
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #4506 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

The 8 to cross should go in scummiest -> towniest order
I prefer they, thanks :)
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4507 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Gypyx »

and anyways @pete / anyone who feels themselve concerned with what i think, here goes not a readlist because half the players in the game are litterally just a blur and trying to find different ways to say "null" is boring

Harley : one of the stuff i'm most confident on, and it's that this is scum, the entrance reeks of scum trying to make themselves more productive by asking the broadest questions / considerations on gamestate, even when prompted to do otherwise, and i'm also not a fan of the agressive responses to scumreads

By associations, i think this draws to pete town as unless i'm seeing how things went down wrong, his push on saber was relatively isolated and unprompted, which would be weird for 2 scums to engage in all of a sudden

The two gammas among us are probably most likely possibly town, the emerald for engaging in a shitfight with my slot and a lot of other good shit that we prolly all agree on, and gooey because his posts were moderately high towniness and the fact that it has happened over like 3 slots is very reassuring

would be cool for Toog to die too as i think he's kinda in the same spot than me where it's gonna be hard to actually solve on him

was iffy on Ydrasse previously but i like her getting more involved as the game goes on

on a side notes i'm also getting bad feelings from Taly but that's more of an ego read than anything elsz tbh, i'm in need of those

HURT: Harley
Toogeloo
Taly
idk tbh, ulyana?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (4/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4508 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:31 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 4507, Gypyx wrote:idk tbh, ulyana?
? i don't even get a mention in the rundown and yet... ?
j'aurai disparu
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4509 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4504, Gypyx wrote:
Gypyx seemed conscious that I was getting wagoned earlier and of some of the circumstances behind it, why would things have changed midway through?
i'm not sure what's this post exactly supposed to mean, could you like be more clear?
Why were you asking about the wagon on me when I think it should've been clear the meaning of it from what you'd already seen?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4510 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4506, Dwlee99 wrote:The 8 to cross should go in scummiest -> towniest order
why
and whatever we do we should definitely try to slam through the first 4 because it'll only be so long before scum wise up
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4511 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4469, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 4455, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Dwlee
who would you leave out of the crossing if it were up to you atp?
I'm gonna answer this tomorrow because I decided I'm resetting my reads to purely today which means 1.) Mentally doing that and 2.) Rereading to fill in the blank space left
how is this going btw
<Embrace The Void>

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4512 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 4506, Dwlee99 wrote:The 8 to cross should go in scummiest -> towniest order
And who determines how scummy people are?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4513 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 4510, Gamma Emerald wrote:
why
and whatever we do we should definitely try to slam through the first 4 because it'll only be so long before scum wise up
Because if scum don't kill in first 4 it's a parity check. Doing it in that order means we are less likely to have mafia kill the towniest person but instead they have to kill someone moderately townie
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4514 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 4511, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4469, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 4455, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Dwlee
who would you leave out of the crossing if it were up to you atp?
I'm gonna answer this tomorrow because I decided I'm resetting my reads to purely today which means 1.) Mentally doing that and 2.) Rereading to fill in the blank space left
how is this going btw
I've been on campus all day still
In post 4512, Toogeloo wrote:
me :D
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4515 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4508, ulyana wrote:
yeah, mostly cuz i don't have other appealing options and there was some movement towards you

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4516 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4509, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4504, Gypyx wrote:
Why were you asking about the wagon on me when I think it should've been clear the meaning of it from what you'd already seen?
hmmm, i don't wholly recall my thoughtprocess at the time, so my insight will be pretty damn limited, but it was basically like, i read early, and there wasn't much of a case on you, i read recent, and there wasn't much of a case either, so might as well ask y'know

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4517 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4513, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 4510, Gamma Emerald wrote:
why
Because if scum don't kill in first 4 it's a parity check. Doing it in that order means we are less likely to have mafia kill the towniest person but instead they have to kill someone moderately townie
okay
I'm like 50ish% towards having an order. I know who I want left out, and I have a couple players in the crossing group ranked
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4518 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4514, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 4512, Toogeloo wrote:
me :D
fuck no
I am actively invoking my right to dictate things to some extent. I'll probably take some input on the crossing order, but there's basically no chance I fold on any of the people I want left out
<Embrace The Void>

ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4519 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 4515, Gypyx wrote:
In post 4508, ulyana wrote:
yeah, mostly cuz i don't have other appealing options and there was some movement towards you
from sircakez ??? who also hasn't put any words as to why ???

.....................................................................................
j'aurai disparu
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4520 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:54 am

Post by petapan »

as for my reads themself, i mostly want to throw them in the garbage. i think i was drawing hasty conclusions in a way that was not well thought out and is likely to lead to bad results.

i think the most charitable way i would describe my own play this game is "lazy dogshit". i went back on my infinity read for stupid reasons i barely thought through when a trivial amount of effort would have essentially cleared them. they deserved better this game.

this isn't to excessively self-flagellate, it's just recognizing that i was chosen to live over them, but i'm not sure i was playing a better game, just being more forceful. since that decision was made, the absolute least i can do is give the absolute best effort i can to show that me continuing to live in this game was not a mistake. because infinity deserved better, and i owe it to them

so i am going to try extremely hard, starting from today. the most tryhard town game i have ever played. i am going to examine everyone critically and not just lazily halfass skim and make broad sweeping conclusions. i want to be able to say i put in the work. i don't know if it will help. i don't think my instincts are very good and i'm not good at analysis beyond the most basic stuff. but i want to be able to say i tried. in the past whenever i get stuck and something is hard to think about i just tend to brush the problem aside and i don't want to keep doing that here.

so i'm going to go over everyone in the game, one at a time, starting today. making no assumptions, avoiding blind spots. we'll see how this goes.
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4521 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4468, ulyana wrote:
In post 4467, SirCakez wrote:i will tomorrow rlly tired now
it's like

a) i'm town

and

b) i already addressed your vaguely pointing at me without reasoning here:
In post 3632, ulyana wrote:
In post 3629, ulyana wrote:
In post 3628, ulyana wrote:
In post 3625, SirCakez wrote:i don't like Ulyana's reaction to me dropping my suspicion of her
this is the second time in the game you've just dropped a suspicion of me based on ???????????????
and the second time you've "not liked my reaction"
so it's like, you either do not like the way i do things, which i can't help, or you have an agenda with vaguely saying i'm scummy without like any reason behind it as far as anything i've actually done in the game
which you ignored so it's like, yeah i still think it's that and it's feeling more and more like the agenda because you don't try to interact with me and actually sort me in any meaningful way either
ok first off I don't understand why you're so stuck up on my scumread of you - I find that in itself scummy
accusing me of having an agenda is ridiculous if you read any of my posts - I have no fucking clue what is going on lol
coming back to you
In post 4472, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 4462, SirCakez wrote:I don't think Saber slot is town anymore. Saber was useless in the Blue PT + Harley Quinn's posting has been scummy.
How?
your entrance was overtly "confused" and your demands for reasons for people SRing you (like you just did) is scummy
ex;
In post 3889, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3881, Infinity 324 wrote:Harley is scum
Why am I scum? I would say case me but since I literally just repped in an haven’t even gotten a chance to read the fucking game, there obviously isn’t one.
this is really overblown
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4522 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:57 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4499, Taly wrote:
In post 4277, Morning Tweet wrote:If four successive town players reach the other side before scum make a kill, all scum die.
WAIT

So scum can only die IF they have never made a kill prior to 4 townies crossing in succession.

But that's not just contingent on town crossing, but ALSO whether a kill has been made.

Fucking yikes. Is town auto winning possible here?
Peta
is correct.

VOTE: Peta

I want to vote players I haven't confidently sorted yet but believe are likelier town.
I'll join this
VOTE: peta
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4523 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:57 am

Post by SirCakez »

Gypyx is someone who should be left behind in the four IMO
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4524 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:58 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 4521, SirCakez wrote:ok first off I don't understand why you're so stuck up on my scumread of you - I find that in itself scummy
accusing me of having an agenda is ridiculous if you read any of my posts - I have no fucking clue what is going on lol
because you just keep saying i am scummy without any reasoning

you say it's ridiculous to say you have an agenda but gypyx literally just like ten posts ago is saying i should stay behind solely because you've said i was scummy
j'aurai disparu

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”