UK Eastermeet 2022 Invitational (Game over!)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 6:09 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Vote Count

Fenchurch (4):
Porochaz, Wenna, cpol, Primate
Cogito Ergo Sum (2)
: Nexus, Fenchurch
Wenna (1):
Cogito Ergo Sum

Not voting (1):
Postie

With 8 players alive, 5 votes are required for an execution.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-16 09:00:00)
#greenshirtthursdays
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Postie »

Btw in case I die, I've been wondering if might've been some last minute distancing/bussing since at that point it seemed more clear it would be CES or Fen, so please don't use that as a reason to write off CES/Fen as a team if Fen flips scum
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Nexus »

Vote Fenchurch
Trans rights are human rights.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 6:21 am

End of Day 3

An execution has been achieved.

Fenchurch (5): Porochaz, Wenna, cpol, Primate, Nexus

Cogito Ergo Sum (1)
: Fenchurch
Wenna (1):
Cogito Ergo Sum

Not voting (1):
Postie

Fenchurch,
Titus the Champion Gladiator, Vanilla Townie
, has been executed on Day 3.

Start of Night 3

You have a deadline of 72 hours for any choices that need to be made during the night. Actions submitted after this deadline will not be counted. I will end the Night early after at least 48 hours have passed if I have received all necessary decisions from players.

Time until deadline: (expired on 2022-05-18 18:21:00)
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Sun May 15, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:32 am

All necessary decisions have now been locked in, so I'm ending the Night early.

Dawn of Day 4

cpol,
Eight People Watching One Gave of Hive, Vanilla Townie
, died during Night 3.

Endgame

A faction has achieved its win condition.

Porochaz,
Bernhard Piemann, Vanilla Townie
, is endgamed.

Primate,
A Mandarin Covered in Sellotape, Vanilla Townie
, is endgamed.

Wenna,
McMenno Lying Dead in the Corridor for Half an Hour, Vanilla Townie
, is endgamed.

Cogito Ergo Sum, the
Cultist of the Shadow, Cult Night 0 Consulmaker
, survives and wins!

Postie, the
Cultist of the Devourer, Cult One-Shot Potato Vendor
, survives and wins!

Nexus, the
Cultist of the Dark One, Cult Traitor
, survives and wins!

Full role information and night activity to follow. In the meantime, congratulations to the victorious Cultists!
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:35 am

The Setup

Spoiler: Cogito Ergo Sum
Welcome to the game,
Cogito Ergo Sum!

You are the
Cultist of the Shadow, Cult Night 0 Consulmaker

It is time. Here, in this place, the ritual must be completed. A sacrifice is demanded. A big one.

Here's how your role works:

• Scum Faction:
    The Cult is this game's informed minority. You know that
    Postie
    is also a Cultist, and the two of you share this private topic, which will be open for you to talk to each other during pregame and Night phases. In that topic, every Night from Night 1 onwards (the game starts with Night 0), the two of you may select another player to kill. You will need to specify which Cultist is performing the kill.

• Scattered Allies:
    You know that there is a third Cultist here to join the ritual, but you haven't yet been able to make contact with them. They may or may not be able to join your private topic under certain conditions. The Cult's factional nightkill cannot successfully kill a Cultist. If a Cultist is not in your private topic, they cannot perform the factional nightkill.

• Let's Be Civilised About This:
    On Night 0, and Night 0 only, you must select two players who will be Consuls on Day 1. You may not select yourself (but other Cultists may be selected).

• Safe Claims:
    You and Postie know that the following role names are not in this game and are therefore safe to claim:
    Baby Izzy
    The Fortune Teller From Blood on the Clocktower
    A Priest Who Marries People to Rocks
    and
    The People Who Saw Us Dressed as Romans
    . At any time, either in your private topic (during Nights) or via private message to me and me only (during Days), you may request a fake role PM for any role name with any ability, and I will create one for you as quickly as possible. You may ask for a different role name than the four just listed if you want.

Your win condition:
All town players are dead and at least one Cultist is still alive, or a gamestate is achieved in which anything other than that result is no longer possible.

I wish you good luck and a fun game!

Spoiler: Postie
Welcome to the game,
Postie!

You are the
Cultist of the Devourer, Cult One-Shot Potato Vendor

It is time. Here, in this place, the ritual must be completed. A sacrifice is demanded. A big one.

• Scum Faction:
    The Cult is this game's informed minority. You know that
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    is also a Cultist, and the two of you share this private topic, which will be open for you to talk to each other during pregame and Night phases. In that topic, every Night from Night 1 onwards (the game starts with Night 0), the two of you may select another player to kill. You will need to specify which Cultist is performing the kill.

• Scattered Allies:
    You know that there is a third Cultist here to join the ritual, but you haven't yet been able to make contact with them. They may or may not be able to join your private topic under certain conditions. The Cult's factional nightkill cannot successfully kill a Cultist. If a Cultist is not in your private topic, they cannot perform the factional nightkill.

• Devour This:
    On Night 1, you must choose a living player; they will gain a potato. You cannot choose yourself, nor can you choose anyone who already has 2 or more potatoes. Yes, we're doing the potato thing in this game. You'll find out how exactly it works in the opening post of Day 1.

• Safe Claims:
    You and CES know that the following role names are not in this game and are therefore safe to claim:
    Baby Izzy
    The Fortune Teller From Blood on the Clocktower
    A Priest Who Marries People to Rocks
    and
    The People Who Saw Us Dressed as Romans
    . At any time, either in your private topic (during Nights) or via private message to me and me only (during Days), you may request a fake role PM for any role name with any ability, and I will create one for you as quickly as possible. You may ask for a different role name than the four just listed if you want.

Your win condition:
All town players are dead and at least one Cultist is still alive, or a gamestate is achieved in which anything other than that result is no longer possible.

Spoiler: Nexus
Welcome to the game,
Nexus!

You are the
Cultist of the Dark One, Cult Traitor

It is time. Here, in this place, the ritual must be completed. A sacrifice is demanded. A big one. But, er, hang on, who's actually
in
your secret society again? Did you arrive at the last congregation too late to hear the role call? That's embarrassing. Er, anyway. The sacrifice. Yes.

• Traitor:
    The Cult is this game's informed minority. You know that there are two other Cultists in the game; they already know who each other are and they share a private topic in which they'll do sneaky things like direct the Cult's factional nightkill. The other two Cultists know that your role exists, and that the the Cult's factional nightkill cannot successfully kill a Cultist (which is true! You remember that much, at least). But they do not know who you are and they do not know if it is possible to recruit you.

• Making Contact:
    If one of the other two Cultists dies, you will be able to recognise the flash of panic in the eyes of your allies and immediately re-establish contact with them. If a Cultist dies, you will immediately become a Cult Goon, gaining access to the private topic and the ability to perform the factional nightkill.

• Safe Claims:
    You know that the following role names are not in this game and are therefore safe to claim:
    The Whodunnit Yarn Wall
    and
    CDB, cpol and Shanba's Extended Collective Impression of Reddit
    . At any time, you may PM me to request a fake role PM for any role name with any ability, and I will create one for you as quickly as possible. You may ask for a different role name than the two just listed if you want.

Your win condition:

Spoiler: mykonian
Welcome to the game,
mykonian!

You are the
Cockroach Poker Player, Town Bluffing Vigilante

Ah, Cockroach Poker. A reliable meet favourite. You certainly can't get enough. That's why you pocketed a handful of cards from the deck before the game started. The other players might be too distracted by the grisly murder to agree to sit down for a full game, but you can
make
them play whether they like it or not.

• Starting Hand:
    You have three stink bugs and three scorpions in your hand. At the start of Day 1, everyone will be made aware that these six cards are missing from the deck.
  • This Is A...:
    Each Night, from Night 1 onwards (this game starts with Night 0), you must choose another living player and one of the cards in your hand, as well as a creature that you will declare the card to be. The card will be passed face-down to the player you targeted, who will be forced to either
    believe
    or
    disbelieve
    you. If they call it incorrectly, they die. If they call it correctly, you die. Either way, the card will be discarded face-up next to the corpse.
  • Read the Room:
    If a Night begins with 4 or fewer players alive, your ability stops working. Things are getting just a little bit too intense for card games, y'know? (Introspection about the part you played in creating a situation in which 4 or fewer players are alive is discouraged.)

Your win condition:
All anti-town players are dead and at least one town player is still alive. (An "anti-town player" is defined as a player whose win condition requires one or more town players to be dead.)

Spoiler: Bellaphant
Welcome to the game,
Bellaphant!

You are
The Mayor From Blood on the Clocktower, Town Mayor

Dawg, it's straight-up the exact same role.

• Mayor:
    If you and only two other players remain alive at the start of a Day, and no execution occurs on that Day,
    town wins
    (this is a secret win condition not known to the rest of the town). If you die during a Night, the moderator
    may
    , at their discretion, choose another player to die instead, keeping you alive.

Your win condition:
All anti-town players are dead and at least one town player is still alive. (An "anti-town player" is defined as a player whose win condition requires one or more town players to be dead.)
OR
a Day that began with you and exactly two other players alive ends with no execution, in which case all town players win.

Spoiler: Klick
Welcome to the game,
Klick!

You are
Making Things Out of Cheese, Town Inventor

If one question could be said to define the 2022 meet - and, yes, for some reason, that is actually the case - that question would be "how difficult would it be to make that out of cheese?". Well, as far as you're concerned, where there's a will, there's a whey. (Thanks, you've been a wonderful audience, I'm here all week, tip your bar staff.)

• The Codenames Grid:
    At the start of Day 1, a grid of Codenames cards will be posted in the game thread. Its purpose will not be explained publicly.
  • Making Things:
    Each Night, from Night 1 onwards (this game starts with Night 0), you may create an invention by PMing me two words that are orthogonally (not diagonally) adjacent to each other on the Codenames grid. You may choose the order in which the words are listed (for example, if you chose the words 'balloon' and 'snow', you could invent either Balloon Snow or Snow Balloon); this may or may not influence the game effect of the invention that you create. I will then decide how the invention works; you, however, will not be told how it works. You will then immediately use the invention; if it requires one or more players to be targeted, I will immediately ask you to target the appropriate number of players. The invention's effect will last for no longer than the end of the following Day.
  • Mandatory Creativity:
    If you submit a pair of words that has already been used (either way round) to invent something in this game, you will be forced to pick a different pair of words.
  • Throw the Mod a Bone:
    Due to the potentially complicated process of resolving your ability, you are encouraged to think about your invention choices during the Day so that you can submit an invention to me as soon as possible after the Night phase begins. This is not mechanically binding; if you need to take some time at the start of the Night, please take it.

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Takuma
Welcome to the game,
Takuma!

You are
Trader Livinius, Town Blackmailing Inventormaker

You are well connected in Roman high society, with a wide variety of... wares. You're more than happy to use your wealth to fund projects by aspiring social climbers but, of course, you are entitled to expect some return on your investment...

• The Codenames Grid:
    At the start of Day 1, a grid of Codenames cards will be posted in the game thread. Its purpose will not be explained publicly.
  • A Business Arrangement:
    Once during each Day (before an execution or no-execution is reached), you may PM me the name of a player other than yourself. If that player is still alive at the start of the next Night, they will be compelled to create an invention by combining two words that are orthogonally (not diagonally) adjacent to each other on the Codenames grid. I will decide how the invention works; neither you nor the inventor will be told what I decide. If the invention requires one or more players to be targeted, the inventor will be asked to target the appropriate number of players. Once the invention has been created and any applicable targets selected, I will show you the chosen combination of words. You will then be permitted to
    blackmail
    the inventor. If you choose to do this, and the inventor was asked to target one or more players to satisfy the ability, all of those targeting choices will be redirected to target you instead. You will not be told if you redirected anything this way. I will inform the inventor that they were blackmailed, but I will not elaborate on what that means. The invention's effect will last for no longer than the end of the following Day.
  • Mix It Up:
    All inventions must be different. If an inventor submits a pair of words that has already been used to invent something in this game, they will be forced to pick a different pair of words.

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Porochaz
Welcome to the game,
Porochaz!

You are
Bernhard Piemann, Vanilla Townie

Honestly, you devote your life to groundbreaking mathematical theory, becoming internationally renowned in your field... and then someone misreads an 'R' during the Name Game and you're reduced to being the guy whose name is 'Pie Man'. Fuck's sake. I can't tell who's more annoyed about this; you or Shanba.

• Vanilla Townie:
    You don't have any special abilities. Just do your best.

Your win condition:

Spoiler: cpol
Welcome to the game,
cpol!

You are
Eight People Watching One Game of Hive, Vanilla Townie

This doesn't make any sense. Hive is a two-player game. We're all just standing here. We could be doing something all together. But... ooh, have they spotted the spider move there?

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Wenna
Welcome to the game,
Wenna!

You are
McMenno Lying Dead in the Corridor for Half an Hour, Vanilla Townie

The slip of paper says that you only need to wait for around 15 minutes before you can get up, tell people you've died, and resume your life. But in order to check how many minutes have passed, you'd have to move your eyes to look at your phone. And you can't move your eyes. Because you're dead. Besides, it'll be much funnier if someone finds you like this. They're all in the next room. Surely it can't take
that
much longer...

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: McMenno
Welcome to the game,
McMenno!

You are
The Karaoke That Never Happened, Vanilla Townie

Did it help that some of the most vocal (geddit?) proponents of doing karaoke left on Monday? No. Did it help that we kept playing WereLeg until 11pm then starting games of Ten Candles? Also no. Were the people who were on the fence ever sufficiently inebriated? Never. Oh well. Maybe next year.

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Primate
Welcome to the game,
Primate!

You are
A Mandarin Covered in Sellotape, Vanilla Townie

This is better than a tennis ball. This is, in fact, the perfect ball.

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

Spoiler: Fenchurch
Welcome to the game,
Fenchurch!

You are
Titus the Champion Gladiator, Vanilla Townie

You're the undisputed champion of the gladiator games! You're madly in love with your extremely affectionate girlfriend, supported in all things by your loyal sister, and in the best physical shape of your life. OK, yes, you were coerced into impregnating your master's wife and, yes, some people seem really angry that you obliterated Whatshisface in the arena the other day, and also someone keeps trying to dig into the truth about your piece-of-shit birth parents, whoever they were. Why, yes, actually, I suppose it does sound like a lot of different people have plausible reasons for wanting you dead. Oh well, I'm sure it'll blow over.

• Vanilla Townie:

Your win condition:

The candles in the start-of-Day posts were meaningless fluff. I chose the reduction in numbers arbitrarily.

Night Activity

Night 0

• CES chooses McMenno and Primate

Night 1

• The Cult chooses Postie to kill Takuma
  • Postie grants a potato to cpol
  • Myko passes a stink bug to Nexus and says it's a stink bug. Nexus
    believes
    him, correctly - so Myko dies
  • Klick invents
    Web Lawyer
    which I decide envelops the target in an online flame war, resulting in statements that look extremely bad when taken out of context and making the target Hated for the next Day. He chooses Porochaz as the target
  • Takuma did not confirm an inventor target before the end of Day 1 so does nothing at night

Night 2

• The Cult chooses CES to kill Klick
  • Klick invents
    Ear Card
    , which I decide means that he listens to hear if someone moves about to perform an action at Night, rustling their card in the process. He uses this on Fenchurch, and is therefore told that she didn't take any actions Tonight. But also, y'know, he dies.

Night 3
  • The Cult chooses Postie to kill cpol

Private Topics

The Cultist Chat
The Dead Thread

Thank you for playing!
#greenshirtthursdays
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Primate »

Well, fuck.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:46 am

Yeah, the town seemed to really struggle to put this one together - especially once they decided that there simply hadn't been enough power roles so that they trusted the already-widely townread Postie implicitly. Perhaps the fact that Nexus was not known to his own team pretty much until his last act of the game muddied the waters there.
#greenshirtthursdays
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Klick »

Wow. Well played scum, particularly Postie who was the last player I expected to see as scum in this position (except like cpol I guess)

Fun stuff
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:51 am

Post by mykonian »

oh dear.

We used to be better at this, right?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Porochaz »

So I was way off throughout the whole game, cool.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by Postie »

Phew
We got super lucky with getting the kills and with how day 1 went down
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by Postie »

*the right nightkills
Invention stuff could have made things fucky wucky
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 12:15 pm

Yeah, all the power roles (especially the inventors) getting mowed down as quickly as possible was a bit of a shame.
#greenshirtthursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 44, Bellaphant wrote:It's odd because I can see fen and CES seperate as scum but not together? Although I think in were leg 1 we had this situation and they won as scum!!
Yep. Thats where I was in my head the whole last part of the day. Sorry Fen, your posts seemed so weird the last day which made me see a case from your previous posts and yeah... I wasn't likely to move once the wagon gained steam. I could have been convinced on Nexus, but yeah I don't think I'd have executed Postie after I looked back. You did really well.

Im sorry by the way for my early lurkiness, as I explained the mechanic of consuls is not one I enjoy, but more than that, I came back to clients having not seen me for a week and whilst all the other people in my team seemed to have clients who wanted to enjoy the sun rather than find a job, mine all wanted meetings, which made for tired Poro after work and a struggle to stay awake enough to get into the game. I hope I made it up for it latterly, although it turned out my reads were more accurate when lurking. I think though we were pretty done for. Menno had to be executed after day 1, it would have always been a distraction and it was super scummy. By with point all our town PR's had died, so it was going to be an uphill battle.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by McMenno »

finally free of mafia again
mafiascum is on life support
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by chamber »

Postie not pushing for a no-elim when they were a jailkeeper seemed off. But then they didn't quick hammer. Really confusing end game from an outside perspective.
Taking a break from the site.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by cpol »

Holy shit!

Fair play Postie, I am not sure I would ever have come back around on you. And the Baby Izzy/Jailkeeper claim was also very good, seemed very fitting and very George.

I think that even if we'd stuck with CES as the elimination on the last day we still weren't in a good position to win anyway. All the PRs getting mowed down in quick succession was also very rough.

That was good fun, thanks George! Although I got far too invested and it ate up waaaay more of my time that I had the original intention of it doing aha
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Well played, my scum buddies. I also don't necessarily don't think the town played too badly; the game could've gone very differently if Myko's attempt to vig Nexus had succeeded.
In post 616, chamber wrote:Postie not pushing for a no-elim when they were a jailkeeper seemed off. But then they didn't quick hammer. Really confusing end game from an outside perspective.
Yeah, the traitor made for a bit of a weird endgame, as evidenced by the fact the final misexecution only had one scum voting for them.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2022 6:19 am

Post by Postie »

In actuality, I didn't even think about the utility of having the traitor quickhammer so we could avoid hitting them with the kill. I was just worried that the dead gladiator Titus flavour might lend itself to Supersaint or Vengeful lol.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Nexus »

Sorry I am a bad player. Didn't know who was town or scum so it was a total crapshoot of an execution
Trans rights are human rights.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I was spectating this and figured out Postie was scum from the potato vendor debate
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2022 8:26 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

The thing Is postie seemed so reasonable day three. Day one and two I wasn't sure, but I was only really scum reading CES at that point. I think the consul mechanic ended up being a lot more harmful than it was intended to b, but I'm really surprised people didn't react more strongly to ces' justification of choices post: it was ridiculously scummy!

But as cpol said, I'm not even sure elim-ing CES helps: maybe if mykos vig worked /and/the elim went through /and/ we had a pr left alive.

Cool and wenna did really well.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2022 11:31 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Well done cultists! Even after my execution I had no clue who the real scum team were... this was my post-death message to CDB:
Even now I’m not sure who the scum is. My best guess would be Nexus, Porochaz and Wenna, in that order. But I still don’t know what was going on with Cpol and the potato. Oh well, unless Postie gets very lucky then presumably it’ll all be revealed soon. Unless there are any useful inventions out there??
Thank you so much for hosting the game CDB, you really did an amazing job of cramming so much of the meet into the game.

Apologies for losing heart on Day 3 and my other misplays. Truth be told, perhaps I shouldn't have joined the game, I don't think I have a disposition for reads-based mafia any more. I just don't feel good about accusing people of making stuff up, picking holes in arguments, etc, etc, and I haven't figured out a 'lighter' way to play. Maybe it was a bit easier when it games were with 'anonymous online people', but I know and like all of you and I didn't feel good about the prospect of incorrectly executing anyone, which is very difficult to avoid. And I think part of why I enjoy playing Blood on the Clocktower more now is because there is more focus on figuring the set up, and so accusations feel a bit less personal. Any of you who haven't tried it yet I would urge you to do so, if any of this matches your feelings.

Postie did a incredible job of fooling me with the obsession over Cpol's potato, and overall play just seeming super genuine. The claim just sealed the deal - well done to CES for coming up with Non-ambulating Jailkeeper, it really felt like it fit. Nexus did a great job of playing skating through and hardly bothering anyone. Knowing now that there was a traitor makes some of the scum hesitation around the mis-executions a lot more understandable!
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 623, Fenchurch wrote:Nexus, Porochaz and Wenna
Those were my 3 after seeing the quickhammer, but it was heavily influenced by false assumptions about the way the endgame played out.
Taking a break from the site.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”