Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.2

FLAVOR
Fears of the Lamborghini Mafia intersected with fears of a recession in Selah.

Elon had just announced that the Tesla Gigafactories elsewhere were losing billions, purportedly due to the chip shortage. Other EV manufacturers were catching up. How could Tesla actually afford to build a new factory in Selah?

It was increasingly looking more and more like a pipedream...and beyond logistics, the citizens of Selah were afraid. Thoroughly afraid. The slew of ambiguous accidents and certain violence were always in their minds, and the population dwindled. The town might survive this but would they? Replacements filling the empty homes and new apartments, but where would they be? What's the point of modernizing the town if they're not around to see it?

Maybe it was time to give it up and hope Tesla put an end to this misadventure. The residents found it was now out of their control, though. Only one man, seemingly unaccountable to the board, to his own investors, and the SEC, remained who could make that call. Only one man could hit the breaks on the machinery in motion.

PlayerVotes
Fey
(2)
Bell (2968), Meuh (3109)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (2885)
gorilla
(1)
Fey (2919)
Meuh
(1)
fireisredsir (3047)
Not Voting
(4)
Dunnstral, Rhyme and Reason, Gammagooey, Kovu (3116)

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-28 16:45:00).

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu
gorilla

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Last edited by Prism on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Also gorilla keeps complaining about a lack of leadership yet trying to decide the wagon themselves, even though it's already clear that discussion will be taking place over the weekend soon, and they don't personally seem very interested in what the clears are saying either. So that doesn't feel real to me.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by Meuh »

Oh yeah Gorilla's handling of the Enchant wagon was weird. I mean his vote on you felt massively performative: Enchant was clearly getting limmed but he had to act like he was discontent about it for that juicy juicy towncred.
Feels even more weird since wasn't he down for making sure town could have a united decision? But then when that decision does happen he complains about it. I guess he had already mentioned stuff about Enchant!town so there's more backing to it but it still rubs me the wrong way.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Bell »

Did everyone answer my why aren’t you scum this game question?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3128, Bell wrote:Did everyone answer my why aren’t you scum this game question?
No
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Meuh »

Happy birthday Dunn!

Also no I haven’t answered it
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Bell »

I guess you should!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Bell »

Get creative with it. Have fun.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Bell »

Hello?
Everyone needs to do it.
What specifically have you done this game that you would never have done as scum?
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:08 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 3128, Bell wrote:Did everyone answer my why aren’t you scum this game question?
If you asked me I missed it, been incredibly frustrating this game so I'm only even periodically checking in.

Let's see...

I don't waste my time trying to defend town like dwlee when they were an easy mis-elim and I had previously expressed being open to voting them. The fact that I held off voting that wagon because I was unsure was what allowed momentum to swing toward voting off marcistar. I also came around to town reading VP Baltar and defended him when I could have kept pushing that as mafia.

I don't pick a fight with a town PR who was
very
likely softclaiming a vigilante role, as many people had realized. There's no upside to it. There was anincredibly strong chance it would get me killed. I'd have just kept townreading him and moved on, but I got paranoid because he defended my strongest scumread for really terrible reasons.

I don't counterclaim my own scumbuddy. That guaranteed marci got eliminated, and would just trap me in a claim where I keep having to answer while I'm alive. How easy do you think it would have been to say, "let's leave marci alone if there's no protective CC and vote dwlee today?" It would have been incredibly easy.

I don't think I get demotivated and stop playing the game as mafia if I'm in a good position and generally townread. I'd push people to do what I wanted. I got discouraged because I felt like town wasn't listening to me and was playing really badly, so I gave up trying because I wrongly assumed I'd just get shot and have my invictus go off. I think that has probably been the biggest factor detrimental to my play, the assumption I wouldn;'t have to persuade anyone. I don't think I could fake that mindset as mafia, and it would serve me no benefit to do so as it just allows other players to run the game.

I don't get nearly so salty and abrasive toward people over the game going poorly because that's just likely to irritate them and make them want to kill me. I don't think the idea of faking it would occur to me really, I'd be more focused on trying to push town or distance from my partners. I know from experience that insulting the play of townies just makes them vote you out of spite, but I can't really help myself when I see behavior that is making a game go downhill.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Bell »

Thanks gorilla.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:25 am

Post by gorilla »

Oh, and I don't think I momentarily tinfoil the neighborhood chat being fake based on the postcount either. That's just not a line of thought that occurs to me ever as mafia, because I don't think I ever succeed in scumcasing anyone based on that. That's the thought that Ionly have out of paranoia because I'm questioning everything.

(and I don't think it was unreasonable to think about, either - if it's true it's one of the largest private topics of all time on the website, and certainly the largest two-person neighborhood. Other topics of comparable length have been scum PTs or graveyards for large games. However, I still think the interactions and post about marci I highlighted from Andante are basically clearing.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Meuh »

Okay, I'll point out some stuff I think proves my innocence. (I wanted to make a bad PowerPoint presentation for it but it sounded tough to communicate my points well... it would've been really funny though so imagine I did that)
In post 1385, marcistar wrote:
In post 1380, Meuh wrote:
In post 1375, marcistar wrote:
In post 1289, Meuh wrote:These posts suck and have vibes of Marci trying to emulate her town game :shifty:
Her entire day 2 just reads like someone trying to manufacture content out no actual. A bunch of questions to other people and a naked vote.
why r u acting like its abnormal for me to do this when im completly lost? i do this all the time
In post 1293, Meuh wrote:Oh cool, she just dropped it entirely
Marci's favourite hobby is throwing slight scumreads on her partners and not following through with them...
nah, thats my 2nd fave hobby.

also like lol "snippet from a past game" ur using a game thats over a year old and acting like i couldn't have changed my style at all since then (iirc my first scumgame on site), like maybe i haven't yeah, but why not use a more recent game like holiday dance party to try and make a case on why im scum? i think ur just tunneling on me and trying to justify ur read in any way that you can.
Do you? I don't really recall you forcing your general vibe/posting style in the past tbh

The game I immediately went to was that one since it's the only scumgame of yours I've actually played, so I understand more properly the context of it all.
My argument was kinda weak though, at that moment it was kind like my suspicion on you + my reevaluation on Gorilla happening at the same time and it felt like I was connecting the dots and getting somewhere regarding my reads. So yeah I was tunnel-visioned. Still don't really feel great about either of you, though.

Do you think I'm scum, Marci?
no, i dont think scum would be confident enough to push a shitty meta read

i also think ur just spilling ur thoughts as they come to u and u arent scared of backlash.

i dont see u as scum openly backing a miselim like that

i just think ur an idiot
Marci's response to me here isn't S/S. I think she'd be more eager to cast doubt on me if I was her partner, but she's trying to appeal to me to make me change my read on her. This isn't performative, she's interacting with me in a way that's trying to sway me, and that's simply not something that happens between 2 scum.
Marci never a moment questioned that I was town, which I think she would definitely do as town, but also if she was scum and I was also scum, as to distance or have a more nuanced take on her partner.
This entire back and forth is Marci trying to put out a fire. (This fire being my read on her)
Her specifically referring to her read on me as "tunneling" is her pushing me to question if my read is simply a result of tunneling, and thus stop it. I'm easily swayed like that. I also think her calling the read shitty is either frustration showing, or her trying to change my mind because of it. I often question my thought processes like that when it's put into question that harshly.
Also Marci calling me an idiot here isn't something she'd say if she wasn't actually frustrated. and I mean she wouldn't be frustrated with her partner's manufactured read on her. She's mad my read on her was accurate. I assume this was amplified by the fact I'd said I didn't want to read her on day 1, which perhaps gave her a false sense of security.

I also think 1380 in this exchange just isn't a scum post from me, also. I can't really pinpoint it but it feels distinctively town.

To note also is the disconnect in our tone and emotions. If this was something planned or manufactured between partners, we'd be on the same wavelength.
But Marci is angry with me and doesn't like my perspective, while I'm calm and in 1380 I want to hear her out, while Marci is straight up completely dismissive of the points I'm making. This is a townie genuinely trying to solve the game and scum trying to shake her perspective.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1300, Meuh wrote:
In post 1297, gorilla wrote:Also, your case is...a handful of posts from within the first 10 pages of the game? Seriously?

I think if you actually looked through games you'd find hundreds to thousands of instances of players having slight scumreads or awkward interactions or whatever and them not being mafia teammates. Trying to find the exact team based on interactions with 17 players alive is just terrible, terrible process and I strongly doubt you'll catch scum at a rate better than random doing it. If you actually have an issue with anything I've said, come at me directly rather than making a nebulous associative case. Your entire reasoning falls apart if marci is town, so I don't see why it makes sense to come after me - and since I know
I'm
town, it means your reasoning for marci being scum isn't very credible to me.
iirc you got called town by like one person on page 4 or something and everyone accepted it. Time to question that a bit more :P
Ik preflip associatives aren't that productive but let me engage in my conspiratorial thinking a bit. I'm passionate about it and it's fun!
Perhaps the point I made about you/Marci being scum together falls apart if she's town, but independently I think you're scummy, or at the very least you should be scrutinized more. Enchant's vote prompted me to look at your ISO and... yeah. It's not great.

PEdit: read people better :lol: :lol: I kicked the hornet's nest as VPB would say, scum big mad!
This post is like way too abrasive to be my scum game tbh
I don't think this is how I interact with the response to a push on my own partner? Like idk it does not read like it
Also if you guys still think Gorilla and I flip S/S in a million years look at this :lol:
Dude was clearly pissed at me at this point and I was laughing at it, cause that was a scum!response
In post 1315, Meuh wrote:
In post 1303, gorilla wrote:Imagine thinking sheeping a troll who is openly not playing the game and probably has <<<rand voting accuracy is a good idea. The type of player who would have been an easy policy kill back in the day.

Anyawy, go ahead and scrutinize me. What are you getting out of this, exactly?
Since when am I sheeping? I already said Enchant's vote prompted me to reevaluate you, and I drew my own conclusions from there. For you to be this dismissive of it all is odd.
Enchant being a policy lim "back in the day" doesn't somehow make you less scummy, I don't care. The fact this is the angle you're approaching my vote with makes me think you're not engaging with me in good faith. :shifty:
In post 1313, gorilla wrote:I don't think scum were under any significant threat yesterday, and as such I believe we should look at people who were under-examined rather than simply revisiting people who were the main wagons on day 1 (marci, dwlee - although i'm still not totally sure about dwlee).
You mean we should look at people like you? Like what I'm doing at this very moment? You're pretty much the player who got the least pressure on day 1 :lol:
This post too, if I'm scum and Gorilla's town I wouldn't be saying any of this.
He was one of the loudest voices in the game, townread by most (yes there was more doubt than on day 1 but still) and getting him frustrated was pretty clearly not gonna help my case. I still did it because my top priority was and still is solving the game, not appealing to other players.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Kovu »

plot twist, Me, Bell, and RR are the mafia. gg
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Kovu »

real talk, I'm still down with flipping meuh
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Bell »

I guess Mena never showed. *sad trombone*
But that’s okay.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Kovu »

uhh he said he wouldn't be around till at least tomorrow?
now you see why I was like "I don't even care anymore" ...
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

was re-reading marci's iso to see if the posts from that side look unpaired with meuh as she claims. don't really think they're clearing, she does interact with her a lot but i wouldn't expect her to ignore all of her partners completely. the point about how marci would have a more nuanced take is ok ig, but i think thats not too hard to fake. i also don't think it's at all true that scum talking with each other in thread are always on the same emotional wavelength

and i do think this post looks somewhat partnered:
In post 1547, marcistar wrote:do u think i should focus on tryimg to read meuh

i havent been trying to cuz always being wrong about her isnt very fromis vibes yknow? shes only really been a side thought to me so i havent been constantly updating about thoughts on her!!
there's pretty minimal interaction with dunn and fey, slightly more with gorilla but still not much, and then a decent amount of back and forth with gamma and meuh. id be surprised if her partners were exactly dunn/fey/gorilla, i think she'd put some distance out somewhere

i do think fey looks the worst of the group, especially with just looking like a late attempt at throwing some distance up with someone that she hadn't really interacted with much at all and had been townreading for not much reason before
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Bell »

Thoughts on gamma gooey?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3142, Kovu wrote:uhh he said he wouldn't be around till at least tomorrow?
now you see why I was like "I don't even care anymore" ...
Oh.
That’s life I suppose. I guess I’ll check in tomorrow but I guess if they don’t I’ll just hijack it and take responsibility for the L. I can feel an epic misread coming.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Meuh »

I
bell
ieve in you!!!

Spoiler:
Get it?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3144, Bell wrote:Thoughts on gamma gooey?
with marci interactions? prob looks the least paired of the group

in general? ive gone back and forth. there's been a few times where it felt like he has a conclusion that he wants to reach and is ignoring information that goes outside of that. there's some effort to move the game forward in general, but sometimes it feels like he has an agenda behind that

i kinda think he fits on most teams im considering atm. unless im wrong on dunn, but i kinda felt like dunn was the designated miselim that scum wanted yesterday, and i have a hard time really seeing teams with dunn on them that make sense. dunn/meuh/fey would prob be my guess if gamma town? if gamma scum, its prob with fey and either gorilla or meuh

i think it's just fey in like every world i can think of
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2605, Meuh wrote:Not sure I really think Gamma is scum but I do think Enchant is, regardless.
Same vibes
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:37 am

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

I don’t think we did yet but it’s bc we got cop checked :cop:

Also hi all, I’m kinda around and ready to maybe start making progress in something but waiting to hear back from bell/kovu in the PT before we take action

Sorry to the town who are out of that for whom this must be kinda frustrating, but I think we have a de facto masonry and is helpful to run ideas past people who I know/think I can trust first before busting them out here in main thread

~Rhyme
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”