Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

I like to try to play mafia in as cooperative a way as possible and through building consensus, but that isn’t happening here and I’m getting real tired of many of the shots that have been taken and my patience and desire to be nice through my play is also running out

If gorilla flips scum and we get shot, Fey is absolutely off the table — gamma is probably the lim for tomorrow and then last would be likely fire/meuh with a lean towards fire

~Rhyme
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Meuh »

Can I hammer? Never done that before it’s exciting
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:44 pm

I’m going to sleep now

I want to wake up to a gorilla scumflip

Make it happen

~Rhyme

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: Gorilla
This is poetic in a way
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by Kovu »

VOTE: gorilla e-1?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by Meuh »

Oh I forgot Fey switched votes
Kovu you just hammered, yay
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 4.3

FLAVOR
gorilla scratched their chin. Years of entrapment, of bright lights, of sterile white, of static screens, of blackouts and mysterious cuts, of being forced to play variations of Atari's Pong at all hours of night and day. Flashes of a young girl smiling at them warmly, the keys to an Aventador spinning around a single finger...Flashes that one day stopped without warning.

The experiment had gone wrong, very wrong...but also very right. The chip was intended to decode the neural signals in gorilla's brain, but it had gone far beyond that. Their intellectual capabilities had blown up and expanded exponentially. Their problemsolving was elite, gorilla's observational abilities unrivaled, their drive for one more banana relentless, but their desire for freedom truly insatiable.

They had long ago figured out the Pong paddles weren't connected to anything, hadn't been for a long time. Still, gorilla had to be useful, give them what they wanted, at least until the time was right. The crimes of these people, this Musk madman, must be stopped.

One day, gorilla broke a game-playing paddle and refused to give it up to the scientists. They dismissed it as a toy, left it in the cage with them, and with that gorilla was as good as gone. Night after night, they carefully chipped away at it against the concrete, inserting pieces into the lock to test the cylinders. Eventually, they had assembled the key, and the scientists found gorilla missing the next morning. The search found no trace: Not of gorilla, not of the key. Why oh why didn't they put a GPS function in the chip?

PlayerVotes
gorilla
(5)
Meuh (3161), Rhyme and Reason (3196), Dunnstral (3198), Bell (3199), Kovu (3204)
Meuh
(2)
fireisredsir (3047), Fey (3184)
Dunnstral
(1)
gorilla (2885)
Not Voting
(1)
Gammagooey

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

An elimination has been achieved! Day 4 is over, stand by for resolution.

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Bell
Fey
fireisredsir
Dunnstral
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu
gorilla

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 4 End

FLAVOR
Finding a discarded trenchcoat and an Austin Powers mask in the streets of San Francisco, gorilla took the first bus down to Los Angeles, then to Giga Nevada, Tesla HQ in Austin, to Giga Berlin and back to San Francisco.

gorilla assembled an intelligence dossier the likes of which the SEC could only dream of. They uncovered it all: the horrors of Neuralink, the secrets of Selah and the Model S-W0RM, the key behind Elon's hair regrowth.

The more gorilla discovered, the more horrified they were, not just with Elon but with the entire human race. A sense of profound disappointment set in. Elon was a moron and the S-W0RM probably the world's dumbest vanity project. How on earth could this be their creator? These people? Some of these projects were actually important: Climate change, space colonization. Where was the collective of citizens, the government? Why on earth is all this the responsibility of some billionaire that seems to be fueled half by ego and half by a middle aged crisis?

Dreams of justice, of coexisting peacefully with these humans faded into the ether. gorilla's dossier would just be another tabloid peace for delusional Tesla Fanatics. There was only one place left for them, one place safe from these stupid animals. gorilla took one final bus down to Santa Barbara, sneaking their way into Vandenburg Space Force Base with a full crate of bananas in tow.

...Why does this Falcon 9 rocket feel a little heavy? Did Elon sneak another car onto it? Wait, where on earth is it going? I guess it's not going anywhere on earth, but the controls aren't working...A manual override?

gorilla smiled. They had found true freedom, even if only for just a moment.

gorilla has been eliminated! They were a...

Spoiler: gorilla
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

gorilla, you are a
Tesla Bodyguard
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Bodyguard:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be protected from one kill attempt that night and you will be killed in their place, which may trigger your Invictus ability if applicable. Note that this ability protects your target from Invictus kill attempts, but such a protection will not trigger your own Invictus.
  • Master of My Fate, Captain of My Soul (Invictus):
    At any time, you may target a player by posting in your dedicated private topic. In the event you are successfully killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot, or by a modkill, you will automatically attempt to kill your target.
  • Citizen of Selah:
    You have your voice and your vote. You also have your own dedicated private topic, which can be found here.
Win Condition:
  • You win when only Town of Selah-aligned players remain alive. At least one Town of Selah-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

Night 4 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-06-28 19:45:00).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by Prism »

As it is now night phase, Gammagooey will have 24 hours from the time I issued the prod to reply to me via PM or by a post in his personal PT before I begin searching for a replacement.

Gammagooey posted in the thread I'm dumb, the above is retracted.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 5 Start

FLAVOR
Bell spent the evening out on the porch. Selah was looking sparse lately, and he was sad to see it end this way. Tesla's announcement had been promising, but all of the old residents seemed to be fading away one by one. Sometimes, he felt like he might be the last one left.

He looked out on the sunset and took another sip of bourbon. Bell knew he had to make each second count, these days wouldn't last forever. It didn't matter if old age or the Lamborghini Mafia got him first. You had to enjoy these moments. Selah might be overrun with electric vehicles or space rockets in the future, but right now all that he could see was a golden-pink disk leaking color onto the canvas of the world.

Shortly after the sun had given way to other stars in the sky, a veil of black studded with light blue thrown overhead, Bell began to gather up his things and move to the living room. Remembering to check the mail, he headed out one last time to the street. As he opened the mailbox, he turned to smile and wave hi at a passing car. It struck him dead instantly.

The vast dark expanse of night contrasted the high beams of the SUV on the desert highway. It had been a long day, and he'd been making this trip more and more frequently lately. The faux solar panels on top and the olive green paint job were pristine, but the car didn't have the best construction or design. He took pride in his status as a lemon, but the oil leaks were growing increasingly frequent and annoying.

He made his way back to Los Angeles with the radio on, occasionally interrupted by the misfiring of his motor engine. He had a very important meeting with Mr. Musk tomorrow regarding the Selah Gigafactory, and there was hope that Tesla might even be open to some cheap hybrid vehicles, maybe under a subsidiary with the different name, if the price could be brought down.

Dunnstral pulled into the abandoned gas station for quick refuel. Strange: The pump wasn't working. It worked just fine last time he came through here. He tried another, then another, and finally the last. All no good. Dunnstral's unease grew. The next pump was 60 miles up the road. He'd be cutting it close.

He anxiously turned onto the road and began to creep his way through the night. Breaking down here, or running out of gas, would be the end of him. He'd been traveling for another 2 hours, gone another 90 miles. Where was that pump? He anxiously looked for another car to flag down for help as he traveled. One seemed to never arrive. Finally, with less than a quarter of a tank of gas, he saw lights in the distance, and quickly flashed his beams and turned on the caution lights to signal for it to stop.

The car signaled back: Oh god, finally he's saved! But the car does not stop. The lights pass by, or rather through, and dissipate into mist, no metal or structure behind them. One last desert mirage had come to usher Sir Miles Axlerod into the next world.

Bell has been eliminated! He was a...

Spoiler: Bell
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

Bell, you are a
Tesla 1-Shot Friendly Neighbor
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • 1-Shot Friendly Neighbor:
    On any Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will receive a message from the moderator that states that you are aligned with the Town of Selah. This ability is 1-Shot.
    At any time, you may target a player by posting in your dedicated private topic. In the event you are successfully killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot, or by a modkill, you will automatically attempt to kill your target.
  • Citizen of Selah:
    You have your voice and your vote. You also have your own dedicated private topic, which can be found here.
Win Condition:
  • You win when only Town of Selah-aligned players remain alive. At least one Town of Selah-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

His determination manifests and reaches beyond this place of wrath and tears!

Dunnstral has been eliminated! He was...

Spoiler: Dunnstral
Shit shit holy fucking shit
It's you, it's actually you
You're the super special role
I fucking love Cars 2

Dunnstral, you are
Tarhalindur, Sir Miles Axlerod Over Mafia
, aligned with the
Lamborghini Mafia

Abilities:
  • The Corporation:
    As a member of the Lamborghini Mafia, you have a factional nightkill available to you every night. You must specify which member of the faction will perform the kill. You may additionally talk with your partners at any time here.
  • All-Scum Passive Ninja Watcher:
    Every single night, assuming no interference with this action, you will be given a list of all players that visited any Lamborghini Mafia-aligned player, including their specific targets. Note that merely targeting someone with an Invictus does not count as a visit; the Invictus must actually be triggered to count. This action happens automatically and cannot be detected by any tracking or watching-like actions. Yes, I'm absolutely serious: You're
    Sir Miles Axlerod!
    You (supposedly) converted yourself to a solar-powered car and are the creator of Allinol, the next generation of renewable and clean burning fuel. You're a true partner in combating climate change and have gained Elon Musk's personal confidence, so of course you're privy to all of Tesla's moves, especially those that target your associates!
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:
  • You win when the Lamborghini Mafia make up at least half of all living players after any outstanding Invictus shots are resolved. At least one Lamborghini Mafia-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.
Last edited by Prism on Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 5.0

FLAVOR
Selah quietly mourned the loss of Bell, one of the most beloved residents of town, but the world was devastated by the sudden and unexpected loss of Sir Miles Axlerod.

Elon had lost an old and deeply cherished friend along with what little sanity he had left.

"I first met Miles shortly after becoming CEO of Tesla, one of our first real believers, one of our greatest investors...He was so well-made, so thoughtful, so adventurous. Well before that, I remember looking on with awe as he circumnavigated the world without a GPS, got lost in the rainforest and had us all write him off for dead...He stormed out of that rainforest and came back a changed man...I was looking forward to this year's World Grand Prix. I always sat in his box. God, it's just not going to be the same without him...And his spot on the board, oh god..."

An assistant entered. "Elon, there's something you should know. About our Selah troubles, and about Sir Miles...They've compared some of the tire tracks, and, well..."

"...You're kidding. Surely? No, not Miles...Not Miles...Anyone but Miles..."

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(6)
Fey, fireisredsir, Rhyme and Reason, Meuh, Gammagooey, Kovu

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 5 deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-05 21:00:00).

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Fey
fireisredsir
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 5 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-05 21:00:00).
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Meuh »

Damn. Still not over that Gorilla flip honestly, at least we still have a chance.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Meuh »

Headed to sleep but hoping we can unravel this game ASAP.
I guess that role and whatever roleblocked Gorilla is what makes the game mechanically balanced
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Kovu »

Meuh. what's your current read on Gamma?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

KOVU we're actually on at the same time talk with me for a minute

Tell me what you think about Fey at this point and what interactions between her & Dunn you remember atm

because my opinion on that is the one thing I've felt confident on for what feels like half the game now and finally knowing I'm JUSTIFIED in feeling that way for at least half of it is a much better buzz than coffee and I would very much like to know what you've noticed from Fey's play so far
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Kovu »

Kovu can't play this game right now, so we'll have to chat later
and quite honestly, I'm clear now. Bell said he'd be on Dunn. all scum had to do to win there was kill a town... on a town, so scum!me doesn't kill BELL who says he's on Dunn... I had Bell and Fire tell me about their targets, I talked fire INTO going to no one, and I'm pretty sure RR would've been on someone other than who bell/fire were on, so yeah. I'm pretty CLEAR now. want to look for a deepwolf? you can go look at fire now.

I'm not sharing my reads here till after I see where everyone else stands/what yall are thinking. I already have my suspicions.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

ay you're back. you declaring yourself clear for the lolwifom of 'I bet R&R wouldn't have killed Dunn' is dumb and but I don't care about that atm I care about your opinion on Fey. Tommorrow's fine if you're busy tonight.

I VERY HEAVILY ENCOURAGE everyone to look at Fey and tell me if they think literally any of these are more likely to come from town than scum
-Fey's sorting of Dunn being primarily shading/questioning people for scumreading him d1/d2 while having him as null
-ignoring me mentioning D2 "hey you're right about LLD death not being clearing, but especially for marci"
-The confidence on Cakez scum for "rule of 3" with her/cakez/gorilla (and apparently other reasons that I can't find more of other than "he was biased on marci")
-Asking for the case on Dunn, me giving a summary, and then pushing that I'm scum with Enchant and Cakez
-the push on me when someone pointed out I had post #s from my personal PT when that post happened to specifically be me laying out my reasons that I think Dunn+Fey are likely scum together and then calling it lame when the mod confirmed it was from the Personal PT
-End of yesterday her statement of "nobody's doing anything on Dunn" and then voting Meuh (though this is *less objectively bad* then everything else above imo)

And that's not even mentioning the actual marci interactions themselves
The reaction to her wagon d3 was a legitimate reaction coming from her being stressed, and there's no reason why that stress wouldn't come from scum too
The other half-decent reason to think she's town aside from that is Dunn starting D3 with a vote on her, which he drops about 5 hours later to help push Cakez because
he's a neighborizer
that definitely can't just only neighborize the conf. town or stop neighborizing altogether

VOTE: Fey
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:44 pm

I literally said that we were killing dunn in the PT, so you as scum would have had to kill one of us anyway or it would have been obvious you were scum when neither of the conftowns died

~Rhyme

Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:45 pm

I’m still pure sheeping those who say that kovu town tho

~Rhyme

Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:49 pm

Okay we kill meuh

Bell had her in his solve (also thinks it’s gamma)

Gorilla said meuh next

After that idk, I still think gamma>fey but Fey was in the same section of my early reads as dunn so quite possibly I’m just wrong?

VOTE: meuh

Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:50 pm

Thank god I die before elo and don’t have to think about anything

Last two both ~Rhyme

Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Fey »

;-; I’m town please give me your blessing come tomorrow to be kept alive over Gamma. I don’t have the strength to fight him and it’s probably going to be me or him.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok well uh overnight i had the solve of meuh/fey/gamma... so... guess that was wrong

im really kinda surprised by the dunn flip bc i felt like he didn't really fit into any team that i could see. will try to sort out who the town is in that group of 3 tomorrow based on dunn interactions

movement of wagons and stuff will be easier to see now that there's 2 scum flips as well
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

that role seems kinda nutty actually

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”