fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:38 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3263, Meuh wrote:
In post 3261, fireisredsir wrote:gamma makes the case that if there's a deepwolf it has to be me or kovu bc we're the only ones who have been townread enough through some combination of effort or bussing to qualify
Isn’t that what I said, not Gamma? I think you’re conflating whose post is whose
no? you both said it, and he said it first
In post 2611, Gammagooey wrote:@Meuh - Dunn Fey and a deepwolf - probably one of fire/Kovu, and if I had to say this instant I'd say Kovu. I know that people will think that opinion is garbo but I really think that one scum has likely been putting a ton of effort into the game and set themselves up to actually live through the ridiculous number of Invictus shots this game has, because otherwise you're just asking to get gunned down halfway through the game by random Invictus shots.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3264, Meuh wrote:
In post 3261, fireisredsir wrote:the logic is just straight up wrong, bc deepwolves are not always successful. they don't always get widely townread. the only thing that scum can control is the inputs that they put in. they can do the effort or the bussing, but sometimes they just don't get townread for it. that doesn't mean they aren't trying to be a deepwolf
I think we fundamentally view what a deepwolf is differently. To me there’s 3 factors that need to be met:
1. Be scum
2. Have high thread presence or otherwise put a lot of effort into the game
3. Be widely townread

To me what you describe as an “unsuccessful deepwolf” is just scum with high effort or thread presence. Being townread is a prerequisite to being a deepwolf, to me.
I think you’re also arguing from the perspective of “whoever the scumteam tries to use as a deepwolf is by default a deepwolf” while I define it from the perspective of a deepwolf being someone that actually practically fulfills a specific role in the game.
i think hunting for deepwolves using that criteria is a p useless way of looking at the game, then, bc scum can't actually control whether they get townread or not (they can try but they don't always succeed), so you're basing one of your criteria for scumhunting on something that scum can't control, which is ???
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3265, Meuh wrote:Remember when Kovu made a similar argument against me on day 4? Literally right before you voted for me? and I spent several posts replying to that specific point?
Quoted the posts in question for you
??? yes i am very aware of that

the point of that argument, from what i saw at least, was that you were lacking a consistent town thought process in how you viewed and interpreted posts. which was scummy

the point of this argument is not focusing on that aspect, exactly because it has already been gone over in detail, and instead focusing on the newer point that you and gamma are both using this argument to make the case that the other can't possibly be a deepwolf even though imo you each could qualify depending on your definition

maybe to you the two feel similar bc fypov you felt the previous argument was also relevant to your connection with gamma (and it would make sense that you would feel this way if you are actually scum with him), but to me at least they're pretty significantly different points
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

idk i think it's just meuh+gamma

RR and kovu do you want the day to continue? im ready to hammer if you want to get the flip but im also fine with continuing to talk things out
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Kovu »

VC 2.2
Dunnstral(2) gorilla (1175), Gammagooey (1391)

VC 2.3
Dunnstral(5) gorilla (1175), Gammagooey (1391), SirCakez (1600), Meuh (1631), Dwlee99 (1644)

VC 2.4
Dunnstral(2) Gammagooey (1391), SirCakez (1600)

VC 3.2
Dunnstral(6) gorilla (2444), Kovu (2528), SirCakez (2535), Gammagooey (2535), fireisredsir (2553), Meuh (2554)

VC 3.3
Dunnstral(4) Kovu (2528), SirCakez (2535), Gammagooey (2535), fireisredsir (2553)

VC 4.1
Dunnstral(2) gorilla (2885), Meuh (2886)

VC 4.2
Dunnstral(1) gorilla (2885)

So looking at the VCs (thanks for the help team!) I want to say it's just meuh and fey/fire? like I'm not really sold on Gamma being dunn's partner, Fey never voted Dunn, and fire didn't till it was popular on d3?? idk.. but I want to say VCs = Gamma never being Dunn's partner... and this would be why meuh was all "yeah gamma is town!!" when we were talking...
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Kovu »

VC 3.2, meuh looks like maf that hopped on for town cred as Dunn was about to go over, I just can't tell if that was also why fire hopped on... like meuh is sitting e-1 right now, and fire has been "convinced all game" that meuh was maf... so why not hammer? if my SR is e-1 I'd just yeet it... instead.. I'm not sure what's currently happening/what fire is trying to do
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im just not really a quickhammer type of person

but if you and RR don't have anything more to say/see in thread then i can hammer
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Kovu »

D2 FINAL VC

marcistar
(9) -
Malakittens
(2108), Kovu (2160), Meuh (2187),
SirCakez
(2188), fireisredsir (2189), Gammagooey (2193),
VP Baltar
(2197),
Lukewarm
(2222),
Enchant
(2223)
gorilla
(2) -
Dunnstral
(1296),
Rhyme and Reason
(1301)
VP Baltar
(2)-
Dwlee99 (1924), Val89 (2150)

Gammagooey(1)-
marcistar
(1239)
Dwlee99
(1)- Fey (1569)
SirCakez(1)- Bell (1906)

Dunnstral
(1)-
gorilla
(2135)

So Fey is either maf, or marci had 2 partners bus. Fire living in a PT with me, really didn't have the choice to not vote marci, so ehhh
but this is kinda interesting...
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Kovu »

the only thing stopping me from flat out calling gamma lock town? marci's vote. I remember at the time I was like "for distance?" like, marci had a vote on gamma the entire day, for no reason really...
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Kovu »

would love some other thoughts here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:15 am

Post by fireisredsir »

aight let's just do this we can sort out the rest overnight/tomorrow

VOTE: Meuh
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Meuh »

:oops: good luck tomorrow, hope you guys still pull it off
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Meuh »

I'm annoyed at Fire's responses to me but for the well being of the game I just won't comment on them
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Meuh »

Odds of winning are what, 33.33%? That's doable. I believe in you all <3
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 5.1

FLAVOR
Elon Musk himself, along with small but elite team of hunters, sharpshooters, and survelliance/tracking support team, touched down in the black of night in Selah.

Unloading the gear from the helicopters, Elon reminisced on how it had come to this...He always knew that if the worm didn't get him, that fully-equipped Model S Assassination Version would be the one to do him in one day. He remembered the car as a child, feeding the AI motor oil straight from a custom bottle. Looked into those innocent young headlights as he cradled the car in his arms. The engineers had tried to tell him that this electric car really didn't need motor oil, it was just running down and onto the floor, but he knew his baby needed nourishment. The engineers had tried to tell him that it was a full-sized car and purely mechanical, cradling it like a baby and reading it Ayn Rand every night before bed was kind of weird, but he never bought it for a second. They didn't know Meuh like he did.

Meuh was his prized child, even moreso than his 7 real ones. X AE A-XII, Exa Dark, and whatever those other 5 that didn't matter were named...but sometimes children went rogue, and now Elon was poised to take on the role of Frankenstein. The AI had grown too dangerous, had disabled her team of mechanical handlers and broken out of Giga Nevada.

It was only a matter of time before the killing spree started. Who else could have gotten VP Baltar? He knew he should leave it to the experts, but he can't. Some things you have to do yourself. He grabbed the Boring Company flamethrower and strapped it firmly onto his back.

Slipping GPS chips into batteries intentionally passed onto the blackmarket, the team had tracked it down to an abandoned shed just outside of Selah. The team inched forward, securing the perimeter around with wheel-jamming nets, spikes, specially-engineered magnetic trapping mechanisms. Finally, they arrived at the unusually large door: the only new part of this entire dilapidated hut.

At a signal from one of the supporting operators, Elon was the first to breach the door.

PlayerVotes
Meuh
(4)
Rhyme and Reason (3220), Fey (3267), Kovu (3269), fireisredsir (3285)
Fey
(2)
Gammagooey (3217), Meuh (3273)
Not Voting
(0)

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to eliminate.

An elimination has been achieved! Day 5 is over, stand by for resolution.

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Fey
fireisredsir
Rhyme and Reason
Meuh
Gammagooey
Kovu

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Prism »

Day 5 End

FLAVOR
Elon kicked the door with an awkward grubby leg, and instead of bursting through made only a rattle. The operators next to him reacting instantly, taking the garage door and throwing it upwards.

A lone cherry-red Model S, headlights off, was staring back at them. They had only just blinked the lights to on before Elon had the flamethrower off of his back and started torching, the operators following the barrage up with a variety of magnetic strips and tactical shots into the tires.

"ELON, THAT'S ENOUGH, WE'VE DISABLED IT, STOP! Christ, how many times did we tell him not to bring the flamethrower? Lucky the entire battery didn't blow on us..." yelled one of the hired veterans.

Elon stepped over a fragment of a burned sundress and stood face to face with the scorched and immobilized Model S Assassination Version, his beloved Meuh.

"I loved you like my own, Meuh. Hell, I loved you more than my own...but I knew that this day would sometime come. Why'd you escape, Meuh? And why Baltar: My people tell me he was a great guy. Had a poster of me on his wall."

"Elon, it's been so long...I-I..." the voice component showed signs of failure, partially from the magnets distorting her systems, partially from age.

"I always wanted to see you again. That day in Nevada, I realized what a terrible purpose you had for me...You wanted to sell me, didn't you? To foreign dictators and strongmen...I just couldn't do it. Human life is so valuable, Elon...All you've got it is each other..."

"...But I always wanted to see you again, Elon...Dad...You always seemed so lonely. It seemed like the engineers never understood you, and even with all the wealth in the world, a loving wife and family, you never could connect with them...Always searching for likes on Twitter, too plugged into modernity, staring at an emphemeral blinking screen...It's okay to be a dreamer Elon, to reach out to be space, but I thought maybe, just maybe...If I left, you'd miss me, realize how valuable the people around you, who love and understand you really are...Instead you thought I wanted to harm you, and that hurts...It really hurts...but I've been so lonely out here, too...I've always been, always will be your biggest fan...I'm so glad I got to see you one las-"

Before it could finish its final thought, Elon had set the torch to maximum and flamegrilled the car to oblivion. The battery exploded in the back, sending the walls of the hut violently flying, but the operators at the front remained magically unharmed.

"Well, sometimes children disappoint you. Great work tonight gentlemen, I love a crew that realizes the value of coming to your job and getting things done in person. Let's go home."

Meuh has been eliminated! She was a...

Spoiler: Meuh
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

Meuh, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
  • Master of My Fate, Captain of My Soul (Invictus):
    At any time, you may target a player by posting in your dedicated private topic. In the event you are successfully killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot, or by a modkill, you will automatically attempt to kill your target.
  • Citizen of Selah:
    You have your voice and your vote. You also have your own dedicated private topic, which can be found here.
Win Condition:
  • You win when only Town of Selah-aligned players remain alive. At least one Town of Selah-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

Night 5 has begun. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-03 15:00:00).
Last edited by Prism on Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:26 am

Post by fferyllt »

Night 5 Actions are locked in! Prism will not be available to process night actions for a few hours.

Please hold. Or doomscroll Elon Musk's tweets. Whatever makes the wait more enjoyable!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 6 Start

FLAVOR
What remained of the Lamborghini Mafia met for the final time in the old warehouse. They had sworn to cling to power with all they had, and were prepared for all the old tricks of violence and murder, but the scale and scope had started to dawn on them.

They were up to their neck in blood: That of their enemies, that of their friends, that of innocent bystanders and soon maybe that of their own. The sense of death around every corner, the dread of facing their own culpability, was overwhelming. 2011 had not been the end, nor even a cautionary tale of what was to come. The apocalypse had come to Selah.

The worst part was that they weren't done yet. The remaining members decided on what they hoped would be their last hit.

Rhyme and Reason, head of the city council, was one of Tesla's last ardent supporters remaining. With him gone, the Lamborghini Mafia was sure to retake control of the rebellious city government and shut the door to the Gigafactory once and for all. After weeks of threatening notes, he received a final ultimatum under the door.

Rhyme and Reason had no hope for Selah at the start. It took time to awaken his sense of principles, that this was worth taking a stand on. Weeks of meetings with residents, with Tesla, with the families of the bereaved had thawed the ice on his heart. Selah couldn't stay like this forever. Sometimes it was better to die than to live as dogs to that criminal outfit. He refused to acquiesce, but he quietly accepted the end, and was determined to at least die with dignity.

He spent the final night doing what he loved: Reading Murakami novels, solving chess puzzles, playing some of his favorite online games. He decided his last act should be his favorite: baking! He made a sheet of double chocolate chips, and had just taken them out of the oven, placed them on the counter and added the final ingredient when he heard the door open. There was no final conversation: He was shot dead in seconds.

Gammagooey dusted off his jacket and picked up the ejected bullets from the floor. As the Lamborghini Mafia's enforcer, he had threatened Rhyme and Reason many times over, and had been furious at the betrayal. He took one final look around the room, and kicked the corpse one last time, checked the pulse through a glove to ensure the job was done.

The aroma of fresh-made cookies overpowered the scent of gunpowder and made its way to his nostrils. Oh baby, freshly made cookies! With double chocolate chip! Looks like the oven is still on. Might as well leave it.

He knew he should head home, stick to his diet, or at least save them for later, but part of Gammagooey just couldn't resist. He had stayed up all night, been so stressed out lately. What's the harm in celebrating a job well done? And oh, god, they're so warm, slightly fluffy...and was that just a hint of almond?

Biting into the cookie, Gammagooey had only the briefest realization of his error. Not again! The cyanide inside toppled his body onto Rhyme and Reason's, and both were burned to a cookie crisp before morning.

Rhyme and Reason has been eliminated! They were a...

Spoiler: Rhyme and Reason (Menalque + Something_Smart)
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

Rhyme and Reason, you are a
Tesla Fanatic
aligned with the
Town of Selah

Abilities:
    At any time, you may target a player by posting in your dedicated private topic. In the event you are successfully killed by any means other than the standard day elimination, another Invictus shot, or by a modkill, you will automatically attempt to kill your target.
  • Citizen of Selah:
    You have your voice and your vote. You also have your own dedicated private topic, which can be found here.
Win Condition:
  • You win when only Town of Selah-aligned players remain alive. At least one Town of Selah-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.

Their determination manifests and reaches beyond this place of wrath and tears!

Gammagooey has been eliminated! He was...

Spoiler: Gammagooey
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Gammagooey, you are a
Lamborghini Mafia 2-Shot Roleblocker
aligned with the
Lamborghini Mafia

Abilities:
  • The Corporation:
    As a member of the Lamborghini Mafia, you have a factional nightkill available to you every night. You must specify which member of the faction will perform the kill. You may additionally talk with your partners at any time here.
  • 2-Shot Roleblocker:
    Each Night, you may target a player via PM or by posting in your dedicated private topic. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will be roleblocked.
    [Addendum at time of flip: This roleblock did not apply to Invictus shots.
    ]
  • Citizen of Selah:
Win Condition:
  • You win when the Lamborghini Mafia make up at least half of all living players after any outstanding Invictus shots are resolved. At least one Lamborghini Mafia-aligned player must be alive to fulfill this win condition.
Last edited by Prism on Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 6.0

FLAVOR
And then there were three residents of Selah left. Tesla's people were all over, but where was the rest of the town? Fey, fireisredsir, and Kovu met at the remnants of SirCakez's bar, helped themselves to what remained. You knew that somewhere, Tesla was pondering all of the violence in recent days, the mysterious accidents, the report about Elon flying a spec-ops team in the middle of the night, wondering why they were still burning money in such a place.

"...A toast to modernity, everyone, and for all the good it's done us. To TikTok, to NFTs, and to the loneliness it all brings."

But who among you is still willing to toast to Tesla, to the Gigafactory, to the dream of disgustingly luxorious Lamborghinis disappearing from those derelict and poor streets forever.

Quietly, one of you says:

"...And a toast to who among us will be dead by the next sunrise."

Solemn looks around the table. You knew you were safe together like this, but who knew what could happen, would happen when the night fell? This might be your last chance.

The ghost of 2011 haunts you all still. It is not finished with you just yet.

PlayerVotes
Not Voting
(3)
Fey, fireisredsir, Kovu

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 6 deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-10 22:30:00).

Spoiler: Postcount Tracker
PlayerDaystart postcountReserves
Fey
fireisredsir
Kovu

Posts are capped at 125 posts per slot per dayphase. Please see the Ruleset and FAQ for more information and tips on tracking your postcount.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Day 6 has begun, and you may now post. The deadline is in (expired on 2022-07-10 22:30:00).
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Kovu »

Nice. Fey and fire… I have been told Fey is never mafia here. And I have been pocketed by fire, I don’t think fire has had a single correct read… and last night fire was throwing out the idea of me being maf… I’m honestly inclined to think final maf is just fire, but want to double check something. But that’s where my head is at right now
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by Kovu »

Ahhhh I have a REALLY hard time believing it’s fire, that’s the issue…
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Kovu »

i asked mena for more on the fey TR reasoning… I’m gonna have to really think, either tomorrow or tuesday I’ll throw a vote up though, I’m not dragging this out to just lose, so yeah, if yall have any final “it’s not me!” asap is the time to share why, cause there’s a large chance i’ll vote town, so woooo
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Fey »

Mmm... how to explain this.

On a lighter level/less emotional/etc, Rhyme's misread me before. But when I get... really upset like that, or go more into feelings sort of place, I don't think he's misread me simply because I don't get like that as mafia. I will pretend to be a defeatist and woe is me but he just knows me.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=84956

Here's a game that is pretty much exemplifies that. We were very annoyingly refusing to listen to anyone's doubt elsewhere. I disagree with how I played in that game now, granted, but it's a good example of why his townread was so strong, I think.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Kovu »

fey, I just skimmed your ISO… it’s uhh… not too great.. 971 was where I feel like you just went “yeah these names are town” which if you’re maf it’s true, and like idk.. I will not vote tonight, but this iso… wow…

and like I went back to my PT with fire.. as bad as some of it is, there’s a lot of really good stuff… aghhh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”