Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #13425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

ok dude
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #13426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:10 pm

if you convince luke you're town i'll unvote you
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:35 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

I don't think my wim could keep up with how slow this game is
can we get a speed elim

VOTE: Malcolm
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:38 pm

Post by Mislim Bait »

I feel like everyone have sort of claimed their roles.
Who here haven't claimed yet?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:32 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I can't vote Rad in good faith. If he is scum, well played.

UNVOTE:

Mislim, some general thoughts on the game?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:22 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 13366, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 13300, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 13295, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Have you managed to gain any reads from what you have read?
I sus Best Bird, still undecided on Pooky/Rad but it's the kind of thing where I'll probably land one way or the other. JohnnyFarrar is individually sus and seems to have partner equity with a few people. I'm just gonna townread Professor and Butterflies.

I still need to get up to speed with all the claims to form proper reads but this is from what I saw so far on D6.
Why is best bird scum?
First, thanks for noticing me!

It's the way they seem unattached to any other players, like a free agent. I still need to read more really, that was just my reactions to that much of D6.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I'm in a hospital room and it's 5am. Who we voting?
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13432 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:00 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 13430, furtiveglance wrote:
This made me laugh. The game is kind of like that though
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13433 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:18 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 13432, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
I haven't played in such a big game before. There's a real problem in that I'm only really noticing the louder players, so it makes me assume that there's scum in the louder players when that's not necessarily the case.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13434 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 13433, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 13432, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
I haven't played in such a big game before. There's a real problem in that I'm only really noticing the louder players, so it makes me assume that there's scum in the louder players when that's not necessarily the case.
What do we think the strat is - 1 loud mafia, 1 coaster, 1 in the middle?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #13435 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:00 am

in my experience

the mafia do not pigeonhole themselves into a role and stick with it .

people play the way they want to play.

if the mafia rand is a group of coasters, they will all coast

if the mafia rand is a group of loud people, they will all be loud.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13436 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:07 am

Post by Best Bird »

In post 13427, Mislim Bait wrote:I don't think my wim could keep up with how slow this game is
can we get a speed elim

VOTE: Malcolm
if you want a speed elim, Rad is the larger (and better) wagon
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13437 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:07 am

Post by Best Bird »

In post 13430, furtiveglance wrote:It's the way they seem unattached to any other players, like a free agent. I still need to read more really, that was just my reactions to that much of D6.
what does this even mean?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13438 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:09 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 13437, Best Bird wrote:
In post 13430, furtiveglance wrote:It's the way they seem unattached to any other players, like a free agent. I still need to read more really, that was just my reactions to that much of D6.
what does this even mean?
I should respond to this, but also have nothing to say. It means what it means, you can see that I already said it.
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13439 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Best Bird »

I don't understand what you mean by "unattached to any other players."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #13440 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:23 am

In post 13408, Rad wrote:Pooky - I had a hard town read on pooky for a long time. Even now, pooky's probably just town, yeah? But pooky's also had some of the worst takes on me being scum in the game. Trumped only by Malcolm. Further, pooky likes to just disappear for long periods and come back just to proclaim that he hasn't read the past 30 pages and doesn't care. Then pooky goes on intense tirades against people like Frog (flipped town) and myself (town, but you'll find that out soon perhaps?). This could just be pooky's personality and play style and maybe pooky just has shit reads. I dunno! Pooky's got all the accolades, right there under his name! I feel pretty intimidated by pooky in general. I have no idea if pooky is town or scum here.
like is this really solving?

is any of this actually indicative of someone "thinking" about my alignment?

"I had a hard town read on pooky for a long time."

says he hard townreads me for a long time[reasons unstated]

"Even now, pooky's probably just town, yeah?"

I dunno man, are alignment changes part of this game? p sure in the setup link there isn't any evidence of it.

"But pooky's also had some of the worst takes on me being scum in the game."

So now I'm "bad" or "scum" for having a wrong read on him supposedly. Why is misreading Rad an indicator of being scum?[didn't lukewarm scumread rad too? what did he flip again? oh yea town]

"Trumped only by Malcolm."

Pretty sure the most vocal Rad-Scum reader was Luke, not Malcolm and that dude dead already. but you can't shade flipped dead people sucks to suck.

"Further, pooky likes to just disappear for long periods and come back just to proclaim that he hasn't read the past 30 pages and doesn't care."

This is a complaint; this isn't actually an alignment read. He doesn't actually think which alignment is more likely to disappear and then come back.

Disinterested scum? Disinterested town? What are my motivations here? Why do I stop giving a shit and fuck off and then re-appear?

If anything this is some kind of weird way to say I shouldn't be influential because I haven't cared for the last 40 pages or whatever. It's true, I didn't care cuz I was busy IRL and this game is boring af but this town keeps finding creative ways of killing townies during the day and I'm not a big fan of losing so I'm back.

"Then pooky goes on intense tirades against people like Frog (flipped town) and myself (town, but you'll find that out soon perhaps?). "

This is some weird guilt trip ATE, "pooky was wrong about frog!!! feel bad!!"

Like um ok I was wrong about one scum read on day one. this is mafia, 5/25 players not named Pooky are scum. Missing on a scumread when the baseline hit rate is 20% isn't a big deal. That's just how the game works. I dunno why you and drapion keep going back to this line about me being wrong about frog.

I don't have a 100% hit rate. so fucking what? getting things wrong is normal.

"This could just be pooky's personality and play style and maybe pooky just has shit reads."

more whining about how I play. none of this is actually solving for my alignment. if anything its borderline tmiing that I'm town since it's calling my reads "shit" which implies they're actual reads rather than me being scum and making things up.

also like there's no evidence my reads are actually shitty? I said frog was scum, he was town, I said mathblade was scum, he was scum, I said mala was town, she was town. I'm not even that convinced Rad is scum on a reads basis. I said we should yeet Rad for Luke because Luke scumread Rad. I asked Rad to prove himself as town to Luke. Rad decided to make a big post about how he's definitely town cuz he read luke's "scum games" and he has no reason to do that if he's scum.[which on a baseline is kind of bullshit because scum have every incentive to read past scum games of town players to look for ways to push them and to make themselves look good]. but the key is when actually pop-quiz'd about which scum game of luke's he read, he suddenly claims he can't remember which game he read cuz it's a month ago.

like maybe he's got the world's shittiest memory or maybe he's just making shit up. I think he's making shit up because I usually don't meet people who have such shitty memories.

and here's the thing, Rad could be making shit up and be town. Town make shit up all the time, but instead of coming clean he's doubling down on his "i'm a noob how can you expect me to remember routine".

"I dunno! Pooky's got all the accolades, right there under his name! I feel pretty intimidated by pooky in general."

I'm not sure what the point of this line is. Is this a Pooky has won a bunch of awards for playing so he should be good enough to tell that I'm town?

like um no? I've literally never played with you before.

"I have no idea if pooky is town or scum here."

weird awkward af landing.

like what even was the entire paragraph? just rambling thoughts, complaints, ate etc.

what part of it was even remotely trying to solve for alignment or express an internal thought process?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #13441 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Rad »

In post 13440, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like maybe he's got the world's shittiest memory or maybe he's just making shit up. I think he's making shit up because I usually don't meet people who have such shitty memories.
Like this is just a personal insult. Back off. I couldn't remember the game. Keep your vote on me, that's fine, but don't insult my memory. I can be scum or town here and just not remember which game it was or anything else about the game beyond scum!Luke being an effort king.
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13442 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Best Bird »

In post 13408, Rad wrote:Yeet/Taly - Can't speak to Yeet. As for Taly, I really don't have much to say tbh. I got wrapped up in Nancy's hard defence of Taly that I sort of just ignored them. Just being real here lol. I know Taly read me town so that's cool. I know Taly made some huge posts here and there with lots of colors. I took away very little from those posts. I was one of the people who gave Ceph rankings on the list of 4 and I think I remember listing Taly pretty low, if not lowest. Yeah it was... town to scum... dp, johnny, math, taly maybe in that order? Or johnny first. I forget. I could go check but fuck you! So I just adjusted my read on taly based on nancy's hard defense from there.
Yeah - this is a scum post right here. You're saying you "adjusted your read...based on nancy's hard defense" but weren't you the one screaming it was TvT and we should no elim in the gladiate?

Spoiler:
In post 6586, Rad wrote:Technically, couldn't we just not vote and let the time run out?

I wish we could vote on skipping a day or something?
In post 6598, Rad wrote:
In post 6596, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6593, Rad wrote:
In post 6591, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6586, Rad wrote:Technically, couldn't we just not vote and let the time run out?

I wish we could vote on skipping a day or something?
Dude are you crazy?
Why is that crazy?
Just kill Taly
No fuck you why is it crazy?

UNVOTE:
In post 6599, Rad wrote:Chances are we elim a town today. Why is it crazy to skip? Explain to me with logic.
In post 6605, Rad wrote:Ceph's move was fun as shit and got me excited but now that I'm thinking about it, why are either likely scum?
In post 6610, Rad wrote:
In post 6603, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 6599, Rad wrote:Chances are we elim a town today. Why is it crazy to skip? Explain to me with logic.
Why don't you vote no lim every day 1 then? Odds are you'll lim a town
I mean we're down to 2 votes possible. Who's happy with this selection? I read ceph town for pushing it because this day is too fucking long but I was just getting a town read on taly finally. If the option is between 2 towns why the fuck do I want to vote?
In post 6625, Rad wrote:I'm open to being convinced but tonight I will sleep on it.

I understand a town consensus day1 vote but we are in a 1v1.

I believe ceph did this for townie reasons but I don't think it ended up with a great vote even if taly was my top in his list.

This day is too long because bullshit spam, not because taly is at fault.

I'll read reasons I should vote anyway tomorrow but tonight I'm out.
In post 6656, Rad wrote:
In post 6649, Bell wrote:
In post 6647, Klick wrote:Theres been 50 pages since I last checked and I read none of it. Anything important?
All you need to know is that Ceph Gladiated Taly.

Vote Ceph or Taly.

Thanks.
Wtf or third option of don't vote. Give people the correct options even if you don't agree with one wtf.
In post 6664, Rad wrote:Fine if no vote isn't an option I'll vote taly. If it is an option, I want anyone who chooses to know it's an option.
In post 6973, Rad wrote:I still have a few pages to catch up on but my take so far is:

If we're going to lim someone simply because it's "the statistically the best move for town", and both Ceph and Taly are likely town - eliminating Ceph heals town and eliminating Taly hurts town, so I'll vote for Ceph if I decide that's the right move.

I'll VOTE: No lim while I'm thinking about it today
In post 7149, Rad wrote:
In post 7029, Taly wrote:Why is my townflip more detrimental than Ceph's hypothetical townflip?
Because you have emotional defenders I think are town and ceph has non-emotional defenders I think are town. Green taly flip causes retaliation likely to fall back onto town and green Ceph flip causes nothing to happen because Ceph started us down this path to begin with.

I doubt there's more than 1 scum arguing about this loudly right now, if any, and a green taly flip makes everyone arguing hate each other more. the taly defenders hate the vocal ceph defenders and the town ceph defenders are just going to feel attacked and frustrated for it.

I think even a red taly flip right now is probably terrible for town, because again, I think the most vocal people right now are all likely town and red taly flip would become pure chaos where we just elim town back to back to back. Red ceph flip probably moves us towards a solve. Red taly flip can wait until later when we have actual cases against taly.
In post 7159, Rad wrote:
In post 7155, Taly wrote:Do you realistically think this is TvT or SvT?
TvT most likely
In post 7567, Rad wrote:I no longer think even a ceph flip can heal this town. There's too much bullshit where likely town players believe so hardcore in their reads and care so little about other players that they are willing to trash the shit out of everyone who gets in their way. I don't know how much I even want to interact here anymore. Sincerely. If this is just a common large game issue, I doubt I'll ever join another one.

VOTE: ceph

Yep...you were. Your words then were the words of a scumbag who was trying to score townreads because you had no stake in the flip (either was it was town flipping). Your words now are the words of a scumbag who is trying to create a viable miselim by distancing from your original stance and shifting the reason to "Nancy's read."
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #13443 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Rad »

In post 13440, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:This is some weird guilt trip ATE, "pooky was wrong about frog!!! feel bad!!"

Like um ok I was wrong about one scum read on day one. this is mafia, 5/25 players not named Pooky are scum. Missing on a scumread when the baseline hit rate is 20% isn't a big deal. That's just how the game works. I dunno why you and drapion keep going back to this line about me being wrong about frog.

I don't have a 100% hit rate. so fucking what? getting things wrong is normal.
I'm not pointing out that you're just wrong, I'm pointing out that you go on intense tirades against town. First Frog, now me. This becomes observably true for everyone after I flip green and is already true to me because I know I'm town. I dunno what to think about it though.
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13444 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Mislim Bait »

In post 13429, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I can't vote Rad in good faith. If he is scum, well played.

UNVOTE:

Mislim, some general thoughts on the game?
I just want this game to end tbh
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13445 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:17 am

Post by Best Bird »

then vote rad
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #13446 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:17 am

saying someone has a shitty memory is not a personal insult

i often say that i have a shitty memory
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #13447 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:18 am

and im not even saying you have a shitty memory

i am saying you are making it up
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13448 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Mislim Bait »

In post 13408, Rad wrote:
Johnny
- I <3 Johnny. I think johnny played a terrible game here though if town, EXCEPT when his other game ended and he came in and started actually playing. That was good! Or johnny's just scum and he had a little ramp up and backed off again. I dunno. Johnny could be either. I know CSF hard reads johnny scum. If I had a bullet and could shoot one, I'd absolutely shoot johnny over CSF. But I'd shoot pooky over johnny :D What a weird way to view a slot. What are you johnny? I think he's probably town and at the same time, I realize I'm probably just wrong and he's scum.

Mislim Bait/Klick
- I had that silly IRL theory about Klick + Bella that probably influenced my read too much. This guy could just be scum. I mean honestly, if I was scum this game, I'd be playing it like him. I felt he made some good points about Malcolm that I was also feeling and I just stuck him in my town read from there. His attack on me felt a little weird but still, I wrote it off as just town being town. Maybe he's town but he's playing like scum here.
wth is this read on johnny and me
Mislim Bait
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mislim Bait
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13449 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Mislim Bait »

now that drap stopped saying that johnny is doc what is johnny's actual role this game?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”