Cosmos Mafia (Dusk 2)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (14+ players). Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Past Present Future
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5125  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:32 am

In post 3758, MMR wrote:
In post 3749, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3748, Ydrasse wrote:I’m rolefishing now but that sounds like not a good response to loyal neowhwyeber

Yeah neither is MMR not voting for PPF

It’s why I wanna elim one and vig the other.

What happens if one of us flips Town?
I think that you should save your vig shot on mastina if you eliminate us today.
Because, once we flip, it should be obvious that mastina's role has a high chance of being scum's equivalent of our role.
-Rubella

They were hardpushing Mastina slot not us.
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39

Past Present Future
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5126  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:34 am

In post 5124, Scarfmanship wrote:Oh yeah it was a total BS claim but why did they do it?

I already gave my theories but I’m re-ISOing them in case I missed something.

Past Present Future
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5127  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:37 am

In post 3344, MMR wrote:
In post 3343, MathBlade wrote:Oh you mean that announcement…that’s a stretch :/

It was mostly the idea of Mumps.
He wanted to see if PPF was Town or Lunar. (He strongly believed that PPF couldn't be Solar.)
-Rubella

This is wild.

Past Present Future
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5128  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:02 am

In post 3122, MMR wrote:
In post 3121, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 3119, MMR wrote:
In post 3118, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:? Can you explain your post to us more?

Assuming that you're talking to us, we're a Loyal Rolestopper.
-Rubella

Why would you protect us over claimed prs?

Mumps and Measles wanted to see your reaction.
We're actually Loyal Neapolitan.
I guess that your reaction means that you're Town.
-Rubella

This is all I got but I think that MMR is probably never aligned with Fire/FA. Way too much back and forth for that. Plus I hard tr FA and this looks like town!Fire to me as well.

Past Present Future
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5129  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:10 am

UNVOTE:

I think I could have possibly been wrong on Scarf. Their attempt to solve me looks genuine.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon

Post Post #5130  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:24 am

In post 5128, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 3122, MMR wrote:
In post 3121, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 3119, MMR wrote:
In post 3118, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:? Can you explain your post to us more?

Assuming that you're talking to us, we're a Loyal Rolestopper.
-Rubella

Why would you protect us over claimed prs?

Mumps and Measles wanted to see your reaction.
We're actually Loyal Neapolitan.
I guess that your reaction means that you're Town.
-Rubella

This is all I got but I think that MMR is probably never aligned with Fire/FA. Way too much back and forth for that. Plus I hard tr FA and this looks like town!Fire to me as well.

I agree with this read

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon

Post Post #5131  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:27 am

Or specifically that Firebringer and FA are not Lunar
I have zero problems with them being Solar

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon

Post Post #5132  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:30 am

The problem is PPF
I /agree/ with Scarf that MMR's behaviour makes the most sense under the assumption that they got a vanilla result on you.
I have a strong TR on you by play, but Scarf's analysis makes perfect sense to me. You keep saying it's obvious that MMR just completely made their result up, but that doesn't make sense to me. I think they had something, or they wouldn't have come forward in the first place.

MathBlade
Technical Support

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5133  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:57 am

VLA for gobbling turkeys
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Cat Scratch Fever
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5134  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:35 am

In post 5129, Past Present Future wrote:UNVOTE:

I think I could have possibly been wrong on Scarf. Their attempt to solve me looks genuine.

Sorry I'm behind but what made you change your mind on Scarf?

furtiveglance
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5135  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:52 am

In post 5122, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 5017, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:Cool, but that could still be an issue for another day. Where me and klick are is: we get a scum flip, we get some night results and it's basically Poe from there. We have a few reads that like, we are fine to reconsider with evidence, but PPF, csf and math are like lock town.

My issue is that you do seem a bit like when I was cult leader. Can you see it a bit from my pov? You have a ton of posts but even though like yeah, we have t cased anyone, our reads are obviously enough that scarf was able to figure out most of them.

.I just want a bit more from you. I also feel like you should have a better read of me?

B

@furtive, you asked for me, I spoke, you ignored me! Can we chat about this.

P-edit don't they later shade 'all the votes after...' someone?

Yeah I got the sense that the gamestate seemed to be town talking to each other, and scum just lurking.

Past Present Future
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5136  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:19 am

In post 5132, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:The problem is PPF
I /agree/ with Scarf that MMR's behaviour makes the most sense under the assumption that they got a vanilla result on you.
I have a strong TR on you by play, but Scarf's analysis makes perfect sense to me. You keep saying it's obvious that MMR just completely made their result up, but that doesn't make sense to me. I think they had something, or they wouldn't have come forward in the first place.

I’m not going to keep repeating a gazillion times more why this is wrong. In FFIV Elsa janitored T3 and found out their role. I don’t know why so many people seem to think I’m stupid when I know from FFIV that makes the most sense.

Past Present Future
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5137  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:23 am

In post 5134, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5129, Past Present Future wrote:UNVOTE:

Sorry I'm behind but what made you change your mind on Scarf?

It just looks like he’s genuinely trying to solve me. I’ve been slogging through MMR’s posts and it’s blatantly clear that they wouldn’t have trying to kill Mastina if they ever checked me. I think they might have been informed about my role and that’s why they rolefished me.

If after all the effort I’ve put into this and I still get miselimed it won’t be on me.

Past Present Future
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5138  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:45 am

I mean it’s possible he could now be pocketing me but it sounds pretty genuine. \_0_/

furtiveglance
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5139  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:58 am

CSF, finish catching up soon and vote someone. I may follow if it's not me

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon

Post Post #5140  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:14 am

In post 5136, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 5132, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:The problem is PPF

I’m not going to keep repeating a gazillion times more why this is wrong. In FFIV Elsa janitored T3 and found out their role. I don’t know why so many people seem to think I’m stupid when I know from FFIV that makes the most sense.

The truth of the situation isn't as clear as you want it to be

I agree with you that Janitor as a Factional ability that MMR is meant to interact with is very logical. Those two roles go hand in hand.

That still doesn't explain MMR's behaviour yesterday which is what Scarf and others are skeptical about.

Also, we don't have a big reason to assume that you weren't still targeted with a factional ability, even if professortic was also targeted with a factional ability

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon

Post Post #5141  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:15 am

To be clear, I think your interpretation of the events is probably correct. You need to understand that it's not as open-and-shut as you think it is for someone who doesn't know your alignment though.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon

Post Post #5142  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:16 am

You're asserting role spec as fact when it isn't here.

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #5143  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:40 am

In post 5092, Past Present Future wrote:Fire, the voice of reason here. In what world did MMR NOT lie and fake a guilty on us? Do I need to keep posting the role flip?

I’m running out of brain cells because they keep spontaneously combusting at the sheer mind boggling bat shit insane nonsence I keep reading. Make it stop.

You're intentionally misreading it at this point. Make it stop.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #5144  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:44 am

I'm done. If you're going to intentionally misread a role and then get upset at the rest of us for not agreeing to misread it in the same way you are then you have to be scum upset they were caught. That you cannot even fathom while people would read it the correct way is beyond my comprehension. It's incredibly frustrating to deal with. I would understand if you were arguing that "I'm town so they must have been lying" but trying to quote the role as evidence when the rest of us can clearly see what it says and interpret it differently (if not correctly) is just so frustrating.

Maybe you lack perspective and that's why you keep doing this I dunno, but I'm at the point where it just looks intentional.

VOTE: PPF
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #5145  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:47 am

Like we don't know all the answers about MMR'S role or play.

But you asserting that you do above all else is what I take issue with. It reeks of scum being caught for the wrong reasons. What MMR did is not cut and dry. That you are trying to forcibly shut down that conversation makes me think that you're not actually town. Town doesn't stifle conversation,even if it's going in a direction they don't like.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #5146  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:53 am

In post 5091, T-Bone wrote:
In post 5084, Firebringer wrote:im stupid but isn't the fact that MMR faked a guilty on PPF just mean they are spewed town. What am i missing math

We don't know if it was faked or not.

In post 5092, Past Present Future wrote:Fire, the voice of reason here. In what world did MMR NOT lie and fake a guilty on us? Do I need to keep posting the role flip?

I’m running out of brain cells because they keep spontaneously combusting at the sheer mind boggling bat shit insane nonsence I keep reading. Make it stop.

Like right here is why I am so frustrated. It is a fact that we don't know if MMR faked their claim or not. We just don't know. It's okay that we don't know. But to immediately respond after me to try and shut me down is very antagonistic from a slot the claims to town read me.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #5147  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:01 am

Sorry for 5 posting but I gotta get my thoughts out.

There are basically two plausible explanations for what MMR did (with some room for nuance like Scarf suggested). Either A) MMR fucked up or B) MMR got a guilty result and fucked up.

Why are you so antagonistic to the idea that we as some members of the town discuss the second possibility? No one was even pushing that second possibility that hard, but it's information we have and information we should explore. As for my part, I don't know if FB believes that MMR fakeclaimed based on play or genuinely doesn't realize (or consider) that they could have been making a real claim. Hence why I quoted him. After I did, now I know he has that information to use or not use as he pleases and my job would have been done.

You are in the camp where most likely you can only be aligned with one scumteam so you weren't even in that much danger. But the repeated attempts to shut down conversation is what changed it for me.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

MathBlade
Technical Support

Post Post #5148  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:55 am

Technically there is a C) as well deliberately doing that bad a claim too.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon

Post Post #5149  (ISO)  » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:48 pm

I am sympathetic with PPF's perspective mostly because a) I read them as town separately from this and b) I do agree with them that their interpretation of the MMR situation is the most likely to be accurate (though not to the extreme degree that they have expressed it).

The lack of flip with the professotic kill really clearly is meant to synergise with MMR's role-learning passive power. I think that's obvious and is something that everyone involved in this conversation should be on the same page with. (Definitely express if you disagree with this!)

The question we need to ask, then, is whether a SECOND factional ability was used by the Lunars on PPF Night 1. And that, specifically, is what I'd like to hear opinions on.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Theme Park