Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by Gimli »

@furtive: I didn't really see it as a miller claim + I do townread miller claims (even though my days of mafia are way behind me now for me to tell you what I generally townread). I think the phrasing is very specific and not particularly likely to be coming from scum, and I think elements' solve of the slot is sharp in a towny way.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1600, Gimli wrote:@furtive: I didn't really see it as a miller claim + I do townread miller claims (even though my days of mafia are way behind me now for me to tell you what I generally townread). I think the phrasing is very specific and not particularly likely to be coming from scum, and I think elements' solve of the slot is sharp in a towny way.
The phrasing was the opposite of specific - my role can interfere with investigatives or something.

McMenno is basically saying don't check me

I think Elements is town if McMenno is scum so we can agree on that
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1599, MathBlade wrote:I am not sure if it is aware but crumbing certain roles is common on here.

I suspect that whatever Titus’s alignment unalive bombing is a part of it. It’s a matter of if she is actually an unalive bomber who is town or has some nasty evil explosion. It wouldn’t be above Titus if scum pick their roles since one of her favorites is when she was an unalive bomber and scum and town kept counter claiming her for no reason

*cries* While it's factually true that game was one of my favorites, it wasn't the role but how town kept imploding and eliminating the counterclaimers and how bad we befuddled town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1601, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1600, Gimli wrote:@furtive: I didn't really see it as a miller claim + I do townread miller claims (even though my days of mafia are way behind me now for me to tell you what I generally townread). I think the phrasing is very specific and not particularly likely to be coming from scum, and I think elements' solve of the slot is sharp in a towny way.
The phrasing was the opposite of specific - my role can interfere with investigatives or something.

I find it odd that McMenno didn't say how his role interfered with investigations. Does it vanillize them? Roleblock them? Is he ascetic to them? Does it redirect them?

If he is negative utility, then we could use his ability to positive effect, if he had claimed it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1601, furtiveglance wrote:

the phrasing is very specific, like, 'dont hit me with investigatives in general' is a very specific thing to say. it's not a miller claim as there are more investigatives than just cop
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

What do y'all think of kitten around?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1605, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:What do y'all think of kitten around?
I ISO'd them and could be scum, playing very safe in general, but I couldn't find any specific post or a general atittude that feels scummy
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I love how my question about why Titus / imaginality TR was mostly ignored /sarcasm

Re Kitten around “meh” could vote there
Re McMenno not enough to go off of.

I feel that people are being strategic vs hunting
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:42 pm

In post 1606, Gimli wrote:
I ISO'd them and could be scum, playing very safe in general, but I couldn't find any specific post or a general atittude that feels scummy
That's a pretty accurate description yeah. In general, I think scum tend to fit this profile more often than not: not doing anything wildly strange to stand out, but not pushing the game forward either.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1607, MathBlade wrote:I love how my question about why Titus / imaginality TR was mostly ignored /sarcasm

Well, let's start using that to hunt. While you disagree with me on McMenno, there's enough here to start defining cliques in the game. From there, it's easier to determine scum.

I disagree on your conclusions (as I always do) but that doesn't mean we can't work together while disagreeing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1608, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
That's a pretty accurate description yeah. In general, I think scum tend to fit this profile more often than not: not doing anything wildly strange to stand out, but not pushing the game forward either.
how do you feel about highprincess?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Titus »

My thought, especially when Frogsterking flipping town, is that's where scum are. They're happy with T v Ts all over the place, which is why I'm ok reassessing Ranger rather than just tunneling her.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:02 pm

In post 1610, Gimli wrote:
I don't know. I was gut scumreading it early, but then dropped it because I kind of townread how it questioned the mason crumbs in the game thread. I didn't think scum were likely to do that. The way it reacted just now with unvoting imaginality feels off - like why not unvote earlier?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1609, Titus wrote:
In post 1607, MathBlade wrote:I love how my question about why Titus / imaginality TR was mostly ignored /sarcasm

Well, let's start using that to hunt. While you disagree with me on McMenno, there's enough here to start defining cliques in the game. From there, it's easier to determine scum.

I disagree on your conclusions (as I always do) but that doesn't mean we can't work together while disagreeing.
Have I not been responding to you? Not giving my reads?

What exactly am I not doing?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Haven't played with kitten around so I'm not sure whether they're usually like this, but based on their ISO I'd put them in the low end of null. What do you think of Lycanfire and Paterson? I have them all sort of null
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:09 pm

In post 1614, furtiveglance wrote:
Haven't played with kitten around so I'm not sure whether they're usually like this, but based on their ISO I'd put them in the low end of null. What do you think of Lycanfire and Paterson? I have them all sort of null
kitten around more active in this game as town: viewtopic.php?t=90036&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

They exhibited a certain zeal for scumhunting that I do not see here.

Lycanfire I had as town yesterday but need to hear from him more today. Paterson feels okay so far but also need more.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Like what you’re doing here is why I hate “cooperating” with those I don’t townread

If I don’t do something we both “agree” on I am not “cooperating”

I am just stating my opinion I don’t trust you.

This is a bastard game and I believe you would pick unalive bomber. Hell I’d believe you’d pick scum mason for the lolz.

I don’t want you to buddy me. I want you to convince me you’re town or someone else to do it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:28 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 1612, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1610, Gimli wrote:
I don't know. I was gut scumreading it early, but then dropped it because I kind of townread how it questioned the mason crumbs in the game thread. I didn't think scum were likely to do that. The way it reacted just now with unvoting imaginality feels off - like why not unvote earlier?
it forgor :dead:
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1616, MathBlade wrote:Like what you’re doing here is why I hate “cooperating” with those I don’t townread

If I don’t do something we both “agree” on I am not “cooperating”

I am just stating my opinion I don’t trust you.

This is a bastard game and I believe you would pick unalive bomber. Hell I’d believe you’d pick scum mason for the lolz.

I don’t want you to buddy me. I want you to convince me you’re town or someone else to do it.
This is precisely how I try to. It's by working with you and helping you scumhunt rather than discourage it. My questions are deliberately open ended so you can fashion your own answers without my influence. At the end of the day, I am townreading you so I'd like to work with you rather than being combative. This is what I referred to as rivalry before. This butting heads happens every game.

If I argue reads with you, I'm discounted/ignored because I'm scummy. If someone tries to defend me, you just suppose I am partnered with them.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1613, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1609, Titus wrote:

Have I not been responding to you? Not giving my reads?

What exactly am I not doing?
This is reading into what I'm saying rather than listening. I'm not accusing you of not hunting. I'm just saying elaborating and expanding on the idea is good.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:55 pm

Post by Prince of Paterson »

In post 1599, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1597, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1596, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Like they've now full claimed, but I don't think anything in their full claim made them any townier?
Well, beyond fullclaims just inspiring a bit more confidence than a flat "we're masons", there's the fact that Titus's claim of N5 Suicide Bomber recontextualizes their
very first
message into a big crumb:
In post 127, Titus wrote:Things need to go BOOM!
This one doubts a suicide bomber fakeclaim would be thought up as soon as THAT, especially the oddly specific combination of being an N4 bomber and a mason. Of course there's always room for Insane Shenanigans And Masterful Manipulation but. This one feels a lot better about it as a whole, it'd say.
I am not sure if it is aware but crumbing certain roles is common on here.

I suspect that whatever Titus’s alignment unalive bombing is a part of it. It’s a matter of if she is actually an unalive bomber who is town or has some nasty evil explosion. It wouldn’t be above Titus if scum pick their roles since one of her favorites is when she was an unalive bomber and scum and town kept counter claiming her for no reason
Not sure what to expect here. As someone who knows Titus, would you expect that it's likely for her to crumb in her very first post as scum and lock herself in to a specific claim?

There's not a lot of benefit that I can see to claiming suicide bomber as scum even in the event that it's true, because the role can only be confirmed by the player's death.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm dead certain titus isn't scum in this game
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by xyzzy »

votecount 2.04
my roommate and I finished the anime Bochhi the Rock tonight. it's pretty good. it's one of those shows where all the characters are just kinda generically cute with similar facial structures, but hey, sometimes that's just what you're gonna get watching an anime. speaking of, I joined the #anime slack channel in my new job today. we'll see if there are any exciting developments there!

4 players voting for McMenno (Elements, furtiveglance, imaginality, Titus)
3 players voting for imaginality (Prince of Paterson, UltimateGamer, Ranger)
2 players voting for Gamma Emerald (Gamma Emerald, Not_Mafia)
1 player voting for Titus (KittyTacky)
1 player voting for Quiet Owl (Cat Scratch Fever)
1 player voting for HighPrincessErinys (Gimli)
1 player voting for Not_Mafia (Enchant)

7 players not voting (McMenno, Lycanfire, Quiet Owl, GeorgeBailey, kitten around, MathBlade, HighPrincessErinys)

with 20 votes, it takes 11 to eliminate.

mod notes:
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by Prince of Paterson »

I would like to hear what MathBlade has to say.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1623, Prince of Paterson wrote:I would like to hear what MathBlade has to say.
It’s more a gut/vibe thing.

She’s seen me do similar in Shadowrun. I was scum stuck in a bad position and hinted at some jailkeeper crumbs and buddies the crap out of JaeReed and Frozen Angel to turn what was a scum stomp into a win.

Mainly mechanically I see how Titus/imaginality can be scum due to the redirection/Busdrive/whatever/shenanigans.

I can see her doing scum panic early.

I don’t really see why people TR Titus and the amount of TRs on her scares me.

I really can’t expand while working much sorry.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”