Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Amrun »

You died because two tigers killed you at once.

You'll understand when I post the PMs. Tigers had a special joint ability.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I wonder why Muffin fakeclaimed miller....
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Well, my reads were shot. I was just so fucked from the crash, I never really got back on my game. At least I was right about Fate.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Amrun »

Spoiler: Tiger Role PMs
Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, DrippingGoofball. You are a tiger, determined to make your species just as loved as otters, or, failing that, to kill and eat all who oppose you.

In particular, you are a
South China Tiger, Mafia Goon

You fled to Rompville because you were the last South China Tiger left in the wild. You are the last of your wild-born brethren. You are the most visually distinctive of all tigers, with a lighter yellow coat and narrow, sharp-edged stripes. You don't understand why people kill and hate tigers, but love otters so.

Individual Ability:
You have no ability besides the ability to vote in-thread each day.

Factional Ability:
You and your partners (Guy_Named_Riggs and Matias) share an ability to target another player for a night kill each night. Your team must choose at least one member to perform the kill. I will assume the player that submits the kill is performing the kill unless otherwise specified.

Tigers sometimes share kills with one another. As long as at least two tigers are alive, you may share your kill in order to eat it completely. In other words, if two tigers target the same player successfully and the player dies, that player's alignment and role will not flip. Only the tigers learn the identity of the dead player.

If two tigers target a player for a kill but one is impeded (for example, stopped by a roleblock or redirected), the target still dies but flips publicly. If three tigers target a player for a kill but only one is impeded, the target dies with its role remaining secret. Any protection on the kill target will stop your kill no matter how many tigers attempted the kill.

Factional Communication:
During pre-game and at night, you may scheme with your partners (Guy_Named_Riggs and Matias) in The Jungle: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/Tggkei7sZxDg

Fakeclaims:
Fully formatted fakeclaim PMs will be provided upon request at any time, day or night. You must supply me with the faction, species, and
entire role including role name
of a fakeclaim (example: Town, Otter, Miller); I will provide the flavor name, flavor, picture, etc. in the proper format. There is also a VT role PM publicly available on the front page of the game thread.

You win when the tigers equal or outnumber the remaining citizens of Rompville or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm via a return PM containing the name of your role.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Matias. You are a tiger, determined to make your species just as loved as otters, or, failing that, to kill and eat all who oppose you.

In particular, you are an
Indochinese Tiger, Mafia Goon

You, like so many other tigers, are endangered. Before you came to Rompville, you lived in Thailand, but less than 1,500 of your brethren remain. You don't understand why people kill and hate tigers, but love otters so.

Individual Ability:

Factional Ability:
You and your partners (DrippingGoofball and Guy_Named_Riggs) share an ability to target another player for a night kill each night. Your team must choose at least one member to perform the kill. I will assume the player that submits the kill is performing the kill unless otherwise specified. If you disagree on a kill choice, I will accept the last choice submitted.

Tigers sometimes share kills with one another. As long as at least two tigers are alive, you may share your kill in order to eat it completely. In other words, if two or more tigers target the same player successfully and the player dies, that player's alignment and role will not flip. Only the tigers learn the identity of the dead player.

If two tigers target a player for a kill but one is impeded (for example, stopped by a roleblock or redirected), the target still dies but flips publicly. If three tigers target a player for a kill but only one is impeded, the target dies with its role remaining secret. Any protection on the kill target will stop your kill no matter how many tigers attempted the kill.

Factional Communication:
During pre-game and at night, you may scheme with your partners (DrippingGoofball and Guy_Named_Riggs) in The Jungle: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/Tggkei7sZxDg

Fakeclaims:
Fully formatted fakeclaim PMs will be provided upon request at any time, day or night. You must supply me with the faction, species, and
of a fakeclaim (example: Town, Otter, Miller); I will provide the flavor name, flavor, picture, etc. in the proper format. There is also a VT role PM publicly available on the front page of the game thread.

You win when the tigers equal or outnumber the remaining citizens of Rompville or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Guy_Named_Riggs. You are a tiger, determined to make your species just as loved as otters, or, failing that, to kill and eat all who oppose you.

In particular, you are a
Sumatran Tiger, Mafia Goon

You, like so many other tigers, are critically endangered. Before you came to Rompville, you lived on the Indonesian island of Sumatra, but less than 500 of your brethren remain. You are the very last subspecies of island tiger, and your coat is darker than your mainland counterparts. People keep building into your habitat and then punishing you for being there; you don't understand why people kill and hate tigers, but love otters so.

Individual Ability:

Factional Ability:
You and your partners (DrippingGoofball and Matias) share an ability to target another player for a night kill each night. Your team must choose at least one member to perform the kill. I will assume the player that submits the kill is performing the kill unless otherwise specified.

Tigers sometimes share kills with one another. As long as at least two tigers are alive, you may share your kill in order to eat it completely. In other words, if two tigers target the same player successfully and the player dies, that player's alignment and role will not flip. Only the tigers learn the identity of the dead player.

Factional Communication:
During pre-game and at night, you may scheme with your partners (DrippingGoofball and Matias) in The Jungle: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/Tggkei7sZxDg

Fakeclaims:

The game thread is here.

I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Post by Vi »

Spoiler: AIM convo
[19:53] Mina: Vi, help! Faraday is too awesome. What do I do?
[19:53] Vi: Try to out-awesome him
[19:54] Mina: I did.
[19:54] Mina: It's too difficult.
[19:54] Mina: He's FANTASTIC
[19:54] Vi: <s>does not break into Barbie Girl on that cue</s>
[19:55] Vi: You're supposed to try anyway
[19:55] Vi: becoming progressively more outrageous if at first you don't succeed
[19:55] Mina: Vi. Faraday is a great singer, too.
[19:55] Mina: I'm not sure how I can cope with his pitch perfect tone.
[19:55] Vi: All right. Account hijack, late night of pub crawling, or both?
[19:56] Mina: Excuse me?
[19:56] Mina: I just think...
[19:56] Mina: I dunno
[19:56] Mina: So awesome.
[19:56] Mina: ...
[19:56] Vi: brb copying this convo for incriminating purposes

Spoiler: Wait that's not the right AIM convo
[18:37] Amrun: Anyway, you may have spoilers of your choosing about my game.
[18:37] Amrun: Don't reveal them in the dead thread, which is...
[18:37] Amrun: <link>
[18:37] Amrun: I'll give you one: tigers can kill sharks ... sharks can't kill tigers. :-)
[18:37] Vi: ...
[18:37] Vi: this game
[18:37] Amrun: hehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehe
[18:38] Vi: But...that means...
[18:38] Vi: ...wait, I don't know what that means.
[18:38] Vi: ...because I'm pretty sure that neither Goofball or RedCoyote are retards
[18:38] Vi: and they couldawouldashoulda taken MY ENTIRE TEAM OUT like a long time ago
[18:39] Amrun: tigers have been trying for scum for awhile
[18:39] Amrun: actually
[18:39] Vi: So they *are* retards is what you're saying.~
[18:39] Amrun: hehe
[18:39] Vi: Well, I'd rather regret something I did than something I didn't do. Although it looks like I'll be regretting this one.
[18:40] Vi: ...how can Tigers kill Sharks anyway? I mean we go deep into the sea for our Nights and stuff.
[18:40] Amrun: well, yes, but tigers can swim
[18:40] Amrun: and dive even
[18:40] Vi: Not that deep
[18:40] Amrun: and hunt in the water
[18:40] Amrun: No, but that's a little flavor stretch
[18:41] Amrun: I wanted a game that was openly multiscum to have some twists.
[18:41] Amrun: And test a couple of new mechanics
[18:41] Vi: You certainly provided and tested.
[18:41] Vi: How many Tigers are there alive?
[18:41] Amrun: 2
[18:41] Vi: So I pegged both of them.
[18:41] Amrun: No.
[18:41] Amrun: 1/2
[18:41] Vi: ...oh my
[18:42] Vi: Then it seems I completely and utterly played into the Tigers' paws.
[18:42] Amrun: they had no idea you couldn't kill them
[18:42] Amrun: they've been scared of nks
[18:42] Vi: and I pretty much told them Nocmen and BBmolla aren't aligned with me
[18:42] Vi: and camn isn't either
[18:42] Vi: and RedCoyote isn't either
[18:42] Vi: HMM WHO DOES THAT LEAVE
[18:42] Amrun: you never know though
[18:42] Amrun: they have to be, erm
[18:42] Amrun: paying attention
[18:42] Vi: They've been retarded so far...
[18:43] Amrun: and they could still decide to go for dual win
[18:43] Amrun: and their ideas about the setup = also wron
[18:43] Amrun: *also wrong
[18:43] Vi: Then their wrong ideas might be the only thing salvaging this play.
[18:43] Vi: ...what catastrophic failure.
[18:44] Vi: Yet, well, since I can't spoil anything...
[18:44] Vi: Here's what I *wasn't* saying in the thread.
[18:44] Vi: One, if we were down by one member in 7P LyLo, we may as well be screwed.
[18:45] Vi: and the most likely lynch that Day? David Xanatos
[18:45] Vi: I mean I was able to override the DX pressure before
[18:45] Vi: but I don't think I could do it again
[18:45] Vi: so, this attempt to parley was at the most convenient time for my team
[18:46] Vi: because by ignoring me or lynching DX, they would have put themselves in the lead.
[18:46] Vi: Two, my gambit *could* have been unnecessary
[18:46] Vi: though if I was only right about one scum, it was DrippingGoofball, so this theory goes windowward
[18:47] Amrun: yes
[18:47] Vi: because optimally DX could have claimed Tiger Cop with a Guilty on RedCoyote
[18:47] Vi: since he would have had it
[18:47] Vi: and then WE would have been in the lead
[18:47] Vi: and there would have been no need for a joint win
[18:47] Vi: but
[18:47] Vi: I
[18:47] Vi: kind of don't have any faith in DX
[18:47] Vi: so I decided to pre-empt that possibility
[18:48] Amrun: he was so much more enthusiastic in my first game
[18:48] Amrun: Iecerint tracked DX to RC
[18:48] Vi: I suspected as much
[18:48] Amrun: his play baffled me
[18:48] Amrun: He could have gambited
[18:48] Amrun: idk
[18:48] Vi: He's David Xanatos; he's SUPPOSED to gambit; it's in his freaking name
[18:48] Vi: instead he's cowering
[18:48] Vi: granted, not cowering has done ME a lot of good
[18:49] Vi: redFF has actually done a nice job but if he lives to LyLo then IDK
[18:49] Vi: solely because of that stupid Miller claim
[18:49] Vi: ...frick.
[18:49] Vi: just
[18:50] Vi: I need to ditch this av and find another Jester.
[18:50] Vi: ...on the plus side, I'm still kind of nice
[18:50] Vi: so I haven't hit <name redacted> levels yet
[18:50] Vi: but
[18:50] Vi: yeah
[18:50] Vi: there's a good reason all those nice little boxes under my name are going away
[18:51] Amrun: haha
[18:51] Amrun: you're not a jester
[18:51] Amrun: with the information you had
[18:51] Amrun: it was a good move
[18:51] Amrun: both of your partners are kind of end game screwed
[18:51] Amrun: i totally ge tit
[18:51] Vi: Well, yes and no
[18:51] Vi: because there's one thing I, again, failed to discount
[18:51] Vi: and it's that virtually all of my awesome moves fail
[18:52] Vi: ...except that really cool one in Pie E7 Mk 2. But other than that
[18:53] Vi: ...yeah I'm totally done thinking about Mafia for the day. I'll get some Role PM in a few days for Louvreafia and by that time I'll have forgotten this game existed

I take umbrage at how somehow I am the only person onsite who is more obvious when scum than Goofball.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Post by Amrun »

After that happening in the thread, by the way, Trumpet of Doom posted this in the Dead QT:

I'm starting to see the utility in having a disclaimer that says something like, "This game is not obligated to make sense until it is over."

ehaheheahahea

Credit for the uneven Bulletproof multiscum idea goes to Ether. We were talking about it, and she said she had always wanted to design a game that way but probably never would. I asked if I could use the idea, and the idea for the set-up was born!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Well, that explains the "no crosskills" comment.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 281, Amrun wrote:Credit for the uneven Bulletproof multiscum idea goes to Ether. We were talking about it, and she said she had always wanted to design a game that way but probably never would. I asked if I could use the idea, and the idea for the set-up was born!
Might I suggest not doing it again? for the reason listed below--

Talking of which, you basically required Town to lynch three scum at minimum, with more more likely. This game ended after six game Days
with three scum lynched
, two of which basically
asked
for it. When I said Town had no chance, I -meant- Town had no chance.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Amrun »

Spoiler: Shark Role PMs
Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, chesskidsgirl. You are a shark, determined to make your species just as loved as otters, or, failing that, to kill and eat all who oppose you.

In particular, you are a
Whale Shark, Weak Mafia Goon

You are a gentle shark. You're actually a filter feeder, so unlike your buddies, you don't need to kill to survive. You're still loyal to your species and will do your part to help out, but you cannot kill.

Individual Ability:

Factional Ability:
You and your partners (Fate, redFF, and David Xanatos) share an ability to target another player for a night kill each night. Your team must choose one member to perform the kill, but it cannot be you under any circumstances. I will assume the player that submits the kill is performing the kill unless otherwise specified.

However, your team has one limitation: you know that tigers have also infiltrated Rompville, but you can't kill them because they can stay out of the water if they choose. Though graceful in the water, a shark can be crushed by its own weight on land. Your team has worked together to build a special apparatus that will allow you to go on land, but it makes a lot of noise and won't be worth using until you equal or outnumber the remaining citizens of Rompville and can't be questioned.

Factional Communication:
During pre-game and at night, you may scheme with your partners (Fate, redFF, and David Xanatos) in The Thinktank: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/eYVUSMnt4Xgeg

Fakeclaims:

You win when the sharks equal or outnumber the remaining citizens of Rompville or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, redFF. You are a shark, determined to make your species just as loved as otters, or, failing that, to kill and eat all who oppose you.

In particular, you are a
Bull Shark, Mafia Goon

You are a shark that is common worldwide, found in both salt and fresh water. You adapt easily to new environments, due to your ability to adjust salinity intake. This and your territorial aggressiveness makes you a very dangerous shark. One of your brothers or sisters may have inspired the movie
Jaws
. That territorialism is what inspires such great support for the cause within your heart. You and your shark brethren will triumph, you just know it.

Individual Ability:

Factional Ability:
You and your partners (chesskidsgirl, Fate, and David Xanatos) share an ability to target another player for a night kill each night. Your team must choose one member to perform the kill, if it is specified in his/her role PM that (s)he may do so. I will assume the player that submits the kill is performing the kill unless otherwise specified.

However, your team has one limitation: you know that tigers have also infiltrated Rompville, but you can't kill them because they can stay out of the water if they choose. Though graceful in the water, a shark can be crushed by its own weight on land. Your team has worked together to build a special apparatus that will allow you to go on land, but it makes a lot of noise and won't be worth using until you equal or outnumber the remaining citizens of Rompville and can't be questioned.

Factional Communication:
During pre-game and at night, you may scheme with your partners (chesskidsgirl, Fate, and David Xanatos) in The Thinktank: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/eYVUSMnt4Xgeg

Fakeclaims:

You win when the sharks equal or outnumber the remaining citizens of Rompville or nothing can prevent the same.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, David Xanatos. You are a shark, determined to make your species just as loved as otters, or, failing that, to kill and eat all who oppose you.

In particular, you are a
Tiger Shark, Mafia Role Cop

Despite your misleading name, you are all shark, and a highly adapted one at that. You have extraordinary sensory capabilities. One of them is the ability to detect your prey's bio-electric fields, afforded to you by pits on the side of your upper body called ampullae of Lorenzini. You also have a unique sensory organ called a lateral line which helps you detect minor vibrations in the water. You utilize these sensory advantages to help you suss out the intentions and capabilities of your foes.

Individual Ability:
Each night, you may investigate someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator or bolding the following command in your factional QT:
Sense Player X
. You will receive results in the form of a role name, including alignment.

Factional Ability:
You and your partners (chesskidsgirl, Fate, and redFF) share an ability to target another player for a night kill each night. Any individual abilities you may have do not interfere with your ability to perform the factional kill. Your team must choose one member to perform the kill, if it is specified in his/her role PM that (s)he may do so. I will assume the player that submits the kill is performing the kill unless otherwise specified.

Factional Communication:
During pre-game and at night, you may scheme with your partners (chesskidsgirl, Fate, and redFF) in The Thinktank: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/eYVUSMnt4Xgeg

Fakeclaims:

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Fate. You are a shark, determined to make your species just as loved as otters, or, failing that, to kill and eat all who oppose you.

In particular, you are a
Sandbar Shark, Mafia Framer

You are a cold-blooded sandbar shark and you take a long time to digest your food. Like all sharks, you can regurgitate your stomach and your undigested food at will. You use this ability to help your species by regurgitating undigested fish onto your foes, making them smell
just
like a shark.

Individual Ability:
Each night, you may frame someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator or bolding the following command in your factional QT:
Vomit on Player X

Any relevant abilities that visit your target that night will return a result of "Guilty," "Shark," "Bull Shark, Mafia Goon," or similar.

Factional Ability:
You and your partners (chesskidsgirl, redFF, and David Xanatos) share an ability to target another player for a night kill each night. Any individual abilities you may have do not interfere with your ability to perform the factional kill. Your team must choose one member to perform the kill, if it is specified in his/her role PM that (s)he may do so. I will assume the player that submits the kill is performing the kill unless otherwise specified.

Factional Communication:
During pre-game and at night, you may scheme with your partners (chesskidsgirl, redFF, and David Xanatos) in The Thinktank: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/eYVUSMnt4Xgeg

Fakeclaims:

The game thread is here.

Last edited by Amrun on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

In post 283, Vi wrote:
In post 281, Amrun wrote:Credit for the uneven Bulletproof multiscum idea goes to Ether. We were talking about it, and she said she had always wanted to design a game that way but probably never would. I asked if I could use the idea, and the idea for the set-up was born!

Talking of which, you basically required Town to lynch three scum at minimum, with more more likely. This game ended after six game Days
with three scum lynched
two of which basically
asked
for it
. When I said Town had no chance, I -meant- Town had no chance.

Looks like Penn and Teller were at it again...
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 283, Vi wrote:

with three scum lynched
, two of which basically
asked
for it. When I said Town had no chance, I -meant- Town had no chance.

It was certainly an experiment in balance, but I think town had a lot of compensating power - and I do mean a lot. Scum got very, very lucky in its NKs.

You are also neglecting the fact that tigers could kill sharks, and that there were several town-originating kills that could kill tigers.

Perhaps a few more VTs would have helped. I considered starting at 26. I was worried about the game filling, but slots went like hot cakes, so I shouldn't have been.

I wanted to do something VERY DIFFERENT, and I succeeded. I do want to talk about the failings and the good parts of this set-up, once I post the role PMs.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Hey

Why'd I die
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by Amrun »

Spoiler: Town Role PMs
Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, kdowns. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are a
Significant Otter, Mason Lover and 1-Shot Shared Matchmaker
along with SleepyKrew.

You and SleepyKrew are mates for life. If SleepyKrew were to die for any reason, you'd be devastated and die immediately of a broken heart. Every night, you float in the water together, holding hands and whispering in each other's ears. You're so happy together, and you wish everyone else was just as happy. You want to set up another couple in order to share your happiness, but before you can do that, you have to check whether the pair in question is compatible. Divorce isn't an option for otters.

You know that SleepyKrew shares your win condition. Each night and during pre-game, you may converse with SleepyKrew in the following QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/3eNeKGvMEQ7K

During any one night, you and SleepyKrew may investigate whether two players share a win condition by PMing the following action command to the moderator or
bolding
the command in your QT:
Test the Compatibility of Player A and Player B
. Both you and SleepyKrew must submit the same action in order for it to resolve. You will receive results via QT in the form of
Compatible
or
Incompatible
. If Players A and B are compatible, they share a win condition. If they are incompatible, their win conditions are different. You may only test the compatibility of two players total; the 1-Shot Matchmaker ability is shared between you and SleepyKrew.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Note: SleepyKrew, later Magister Ludi, received the same Role PM but with the proper names filled in.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, zMuffinMan. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are
Dr. Otter - Tiger Doctor

You use natural remedies, like herbs and poultices, to keep the otters of Rompville in good health. Your toughest job is to convince your water-loving friends not to go into the water while under your treatment so that they don't wash your medicine off! In this time of need, you decide to focus your attention on one citizen of Rompville per night to see that they don't get permanently injured, but you only protect against land-borne harm.

Each night, you may protect someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Protect Player X

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, implosion. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are a
Police Ottficer - Shark Cop

You have the best nose in Rompville! The citizens of Rompville have trusted you with the important duty of keeping them safe by sniffing out the traitors in their midst. You have highly honed hunting skills that allow you to easily differentiate between the smell of fish and the mammalian smell of otters. If there any nefarious fish in your midst, you'll find them. After all, you put the fuzz in being the fuzz.

Each night, you may investigate someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Sniff Player X

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Iecerint. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are a
Confidotter - Fisherman

Your best friend is Maggie the Magpie, and she is a hoarder. She flies around all day and finds things to stuff in her nest, which is overflowing with junk. In order to assist her with her problem, you convince her that she should bring her findings to you instead - and, as luck would have it, with the trouble in Rompville, you need any help you can get. You ask her to look for particular items you think might help you rid Rompville of the danger in its midst. However, she can't always find what you're looking for and some items are scarcer than others.

The items you may ask Maggie to look for, the probability she finds them, and the one time abilities they grant are as follows:

20% Syringe (1-Shot Doctor)
30% Corncob Pipe (1-Shot Cop)
40% Gun (1-Shot Vigilante)
40% Bulletproof Vest (Prevents one shot/attack indefinitely until used up, can only be used on you)
50% Tracking Guidebook (1-Shot Tracker)
50% Video Camera (1-Shot Watcher)

During confirmation stage AND each night, you may seek a particular item by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Ask Maggie to Look for Item X
. If she returns with the item you sought, you may use the ability it grants in the same night if you wish; if she returns the item you sought during confirmation stage, you may not use it until Night 1. In that case, you may still seek Night 1 and use any item Maggie may find in addition to the item she brought you in pre-game. You may save items for use in later nights. Once Maggie brings you a type of item, any further attempts to find that item will be unsuccessful.

The game thread is here.

IMPORTANT ADDITION TO CONFIRMATION: YOU MAY ALSO SUBMIT AN ACTION DURING CONFIRMATION STAGE. IF CONFIRMATION STAGE IS OVER BEFORE YOU CONFIRM, YOU LOSE THIS ACTION. IF YOU WISH TO FORFEIT THIS ACTION, INDICATE THIS IN YOUR CONFIRMATION PM.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Om of the Nom. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are a
Psychottergist - 1-Shot Psychiatrist

YouÔÇÖre a very old otter that was once the pet of a psychiatrist. You learned a thing or two from him, but when he passed away, you returned to your more feral roots and found Rompville. You think you remember some of that psychiatristÔÇÖs tricks, but you donÔÇÖt have much energy anymore. You can muster up the pep for one session, but after that, youÔÇÖll need a lot of rest.

During any one night, you may investigate one player by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Interrogate Player X
. Your interrogation will reveal whether or not your target has ever killed someone. You will receive results in the form of
Has Killed
or
Has Not Killed

The game thread is here.

Note: As was discussed in the Dead QT, this role was MEANT to be called a Psychologist, but neither I nor either of my reviewers caught it before role PMs went out. I was not at all familiar that an actual Psychiatrist role existed that was different anyways. Apologies for this mix-up, but I did not want to retroactively fix it.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, MrBuddyLee. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are
Otterly Distracting - Roleblocker

You are a playful otter known to waylay citizens of Rompville, keeping them from going about their business. You always feel bad afterwards, but you just want to play with them! But don't worry - they don't hold it against you. They know you're just a rambunctious young otter; they have a soft spot for you and always indulge your whims.

Each night, you may block someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Play With Player X

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Yosarian2. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are the
Gourmotter - Poisoner

You are a gourmotter known for your worldliness and always bringing the best food for the rest of the otters to try out. Everyone looks forward to trying your delicacies. However, you are really concerned about all the deaths of your friends and cook up a scheme that you think will help take the evildoers down. You may inflict a player with one of the following types of poisons by purposefully offering him or her contaminated seafood:

-
Scombroid poisoining:
If you offer your target a mackerel, (s)he will die that same night.

-
Ciguatera poisoning:
If you offer your target a sea bass, (s)he will die the next night.

-
Paralytic shellfish poisoning:
If you offer your target an oyster, (s)he will be paralyzed (roleblocked) on the second night and will die on the third night. (Example: poisoned n1, blocked n2, kill resolves on n3)

Since you are so trusted, whatever seafood you offer your targets will be automatically eaten (in other words, your targets are not notified of their poisoning). You know that no one in Rompville has the capability of detecting or preventing a poisoned target from dying.

You may offer each type of seafood only once. You can offer them on any night; you are not limited to one per night. You may offer them to any player except yourself; you are not limited to one per player. You may poison someone any night by PMing the following action command(s) to the moderator:
Offer Player X a Mackerel
Offer Player X a Sea Bass
, and/or
Offer Player X an Oyster

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Elmo TeH AzN. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are a
Crime Scene Investigotter - 1-Shots Coroner and DNA Analyst

You've always fancied forensic analysis and think your ottertastic skills that make you so good at catching fish would also serve you well in the crime scene investigation field. Sadly, though, being a forensic analyst is not really a viable career option for an otter - but with all the killing going on, now is your chance to show the otter community what you are made of! You may investigate any dead player, even if only trace amounts of him or her remain. Through diligent private study, you have acquired the ability to perform two tests. From the first test, you will learn the role and alignment of the target, even if only trace amounts remain. For the second test, you may name three suspects whom you think may have killed the target. You will test your suspects' DNA against the evidence at the crime scene; if any or all of them visited the target the night (s)he was killed, you will be notified. There is a time limit on performing the tests: the target must be dead no longer than one night, or the evidence will decay too much to be useful. Since you are doing all of this out of pocket, as it's just a hobby, you only have the resources to perform each of these tests once. Only you know just how many fish you had to trade to make this happen.

Here you are preparing your lab:

You may perform the tests separately or simultaneously, and on the same target or different targets. For example, you may perform both tests in the same night on different targets, both tests on the same night on the same target, OR both tests on different nights on different targets. You may do one or both tests any night by PMing one or both of the action commands to the moderator:
Perform Test 1 on Player X
and/or
Perform Test 2 on Player X

The game thread is here.

Everyone else was a VT, or Otterly Adorable, like so:

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Umbrage. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

You are
Otterly Adorable

You're just a cute little otter, and your one duty as a citizen of Rompville is to vote.

The game thread is here.

I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Amrun »

The Jungle, Tiger Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/Tggkei7sZxDg

The Thinktank, Shark Mafia QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/eYVUSMnt4Xgeg

Significant Otters, Holding Hands Mason QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/3eNeKGvMEQ7K

OvTvS Spectator and Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/YWKy95xrg5P

Set-Up Overview:

(3/25) Tiger Mafia Goons

(4/25) 1 Shark Mafia Goon, 1 Framer, 1 Role Cop, 1 Weak Goon

Town (18/25)

x9 VT
x2 Mason Lover 1-Shot Matchmaker
Tiger Doctor
Shark Cop
Fisherman
1-Shot Psychiatrist
RB
Poisoner
1-Shot Coroner and DNA Analyst

Role Assignments:

1. Guy_Named_Riggs - Sumatran Tiger, Mafia Goon
2. implosion - Police Ottficer, Shark Cop
3. Nobody Special - VT
4. SleepyKrew - Significant Otter, Mason Lover and 1-Shot Shared Matchmaker
5. Pine - VT
6. Yosarian2 - Gourmotter, Poisoner
7. redFF - Bull Shark, Mafia Goon
8. chesskidsgirl - Whale Shark, Weak Mafia Goon
9. RedCoyote* - VT
10. DrippingGoofball - South China Tiger, Mafia Goon
11. Umbrage - VT
12. Fate - Sandbar Shark, Mafia Framer
13. kdowns - Significant Otter, Mason Lover and 1-Shot Shared Matchmaker
14. zMuffinMan - Dr. Otter, Tiger Doctor
15. Iecerint - Confidotter, Fisherman
16. projectmatt - VT
17. MrBuddyLee - Otterly Distracting, Roleblocker
18. Om of the Nom - Psychottergist, 1-Shot Psychiatrist
19. Matias - Indochinese Tiger, Mafia Goon
20. Nocmen - VT
21. Sundy - VT
22. Rylai Crestfall - VT
23. Elmo TeH AzN - Crime Scene Investigotter, 1-Shots Coroner and DNA Analyst
24. BBmolla - VT
25. David Xanatos - Tiger Shark, Mafia Role Cop
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by Amrun »

Actions:

Confirmation Stage Actions
(Only 1 Possible)

Iecerint searches for Bulletproof Vest, receives Boot (Result: Unsuccessful)

Night 1 Actions

Town:

Iecerint searches for Bulletproof Vest, receives Bulletproof Vest (Result: Successful)

zMuffinMan protects Vi (Result: Successful)

implosion investigates Iecerint (Result: Innocent)

Yosarian2 offers kdowns a Sea Bass (Result: Successfully poisons kdowns with ciguatera)

Magister Ludi and kdowns test compatibility for Yosarian2 and MrBuddyLee (Result: Compatible)

MrBuddyLee blocks Nocmen (Result: Successful)

Sharks:

Fate frames DGB (Result: Successful)

David Xanatos senses Yosarian2 (Result: Gourmotter - Poisoner - Town)

redFF kills hohum (Result: Successful)

Tigers:

DGB kills no one

Quilford kills zMuffinMan (Result: Successful, but kill flips)

Night 2 Actions

Town:

Iecerint searches for Video Camera, Receives Video Camera (Result: Successful, Granted 1-Shot Watch)

Iecerint watches Fate (Result: No one visits Fate.)

implosion investigates Pine (Result: Innocent)

Yosarian2 offers implosion a mackerel (Result: Successfully poisons implosion with scombroid poisoning)

MrBuddyLee blocks kdowns (Result: Successful)

Tigers:

DGB kills Umbrage (Result: Successful, Janitored)

Quilford kills Umbrage (Result: Successful, Janitored)

Sharks:

RedFF kills Yosarian2 (Result: Successful)

Fate frames Quilford (Result: Successful)

David Xanatos senses Magister Ludi (Result: Significant Otter - Mason Lover and 1-Shot Shared Matchmaker - Town)

Night 3 Actions

Town:

Iecerint searches for Tracking Guidebook, receives Balloons (Result: Unsuccessful)

MrBuddyLee blocks Nocmen (Result: Successful)

Elmo TeH AzN uses Test 1 on Umbrage (Result: Otterly Adorable)

Tigers:

DGB kills Elmo Teh AzN (Result: Successful, but kill flips)

Quilford kills no one

Sharks:

redFF kills MrBuddyLee (Result: Successful)

David Xanatos senses Iecerint (Result: Confidotter - Fisherman - Town)

Night 4 Actions

Town:

Iecerint searches for Tracking Guidebook, receives Tracking Guidebook (Result: Successful)

Iecerint tracks David Xanatos (Result: David Xanatos visits RedCoyote)

Tigers:

DGB kills projectmatt (Result: Successful, but kill flips)

Quilford kills no one

Sharks:

redFF kills Pine (Result: Successful)

David Xanatos senses RedCoyote (Result: Otterly Adorable - Town)

Night 5 Actions

Town:

Iecerint searches for Gun, receives Boot. (Result: Unsuccessful)

Tigers:

DGB kills David Xanatos (Result: Successful, but kill flips)

Quilford kills no one

Sharks:

David Xanatos senses DrippingGoofball (Result: South China Tiger, Mafia Goon)

redFF kills BBmolla

Night 6 Actions

Town:

Iecereint searches for Gun, receives Gun. (Result: Successful)

Iecerint shoots camn. (Result: Successful)

Tigers:

DGB kills Iecerint (Result: Unsuccessful due to BP vest, not janitored)

Quilford kills Iecerint (Result: Successful, unjanitored)

Sharks:

redFF kills Quilford (Result: Unsuccessful due to being tiger)
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Thanks for the invite to the Dead QT :p
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by Amrun »

Flavor for night action results:

Spoiler: Iecerint's Fisherman Results
Confirmation Stage, search for BP Vest:

Search Results

"Maggie," you say to your friend, "I have a bad feeling. If you find anything out there that might protect me, let me know, will you?"

Maggie chirped happily and flew off, turning her head from side to side in ardent search for something fitting her dear friend's description.

You wait for her anxiously, but she returns only with a boot. She chirps and rubs her head against you after dropping the boot by your side. She knows it isn't what you wanted, but she tried.

"Thank you, Maggie. This is perfect," you lie, trying not to hurt her feelings.

Oh, well. You nestle into the boot to take a nap. It's better than nothing, after all.

Maggie did not find a Bulletproof Vest. Better luck next time!

Night 1, search for BP Vest:

Search Results

Even though your boot is a comfy little bed, you share your worries with Maggie. You still don't feel safe.

She searches hard all day long and brings you something back. She's not sure exactly what it is, but she hopes it will help.

It's perfect! Maggie has managed to find a tiny bulletproof vest, just your size.

Maggie found a Bulletproof Vest.

Night 2, Search for Video Camera:

Search Results

Now that you feel safe, you want to try and poke around to see what turns up. You don't really want to give up your sleep, though, so you devise a plan to set up a video camera and then take a nap.

You explain your plan to Maggie, who is excited by it and sets off to search for a camera.

It took her aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll day, but she finally comes back with a video camera in her claws. She has to fly very low because it's so heavy, and when she finally gets it to you, she wishes you luck and flies back to her nest immediately because she's so tired.

Maggie found a Video Camera.

You are now in possession of a 1-Shot Watch ability. Please submit your target by the normal action deadline.

Amrun wrote:
Iecerint wrote:
Video Camera (Watch): Fate

You set up the camera near Fate's nesting place, but it didn't catch anything! What a bummer.

Night 3, Search for Tracking Guidebook:

Search Results

Disappointed that you hadn't seen anything exciting by sitting around last night, you decide that if trouble won't come to you, you'll go looking for trouble! You know Maggie likes to fly along the hiking trails, searching for things tourists dropped. You ask her to keep an eye out for anything that might help you search for sharks or tigers hunting otters.

Maggie chirped happily and flew off, turning her head from side to side in ardent search for something fitting her dear friend's description.

You wait and hope some silly tourists drop some useful things for you, but when Maggie returns, she seems sheepish.

She drops a packet of balloons at your feet, apologizes, and flies off to her nest, barely looking you in the eye.

At first, you're angry. How are you supposed to find sharks or tigers with BALLOONS? Maggie should know better!

Maybe you can figure something out... You open the packet and start to brainstorm.

You've been playing with the balloons half the night before you realize that Maggie just couldn't find anything and wanted to cheer you up. She's such a good friend.

Maggie did not find a Tracking Guidebook. Better luck next time!

Night 4, Search for Tracking Guidebook:

Amrun wrote:
Iecerint wrote:
Ask Maggie To Search For:
Tracking Guidebook

Search Results

Disappointed by your video camera's lack of results, you decide that giving up your sleep is worth it. It's time for a more active approach. If the trouble won't come to you, then you'll go looking for the trouble. You ask Maggie to look for something to help you find something that will help you figure out who is eating all of your friends. It was hard, and at first she wasn't successful, but finally, she brings you back a tracking guidebook. It's perfect!

Maggie found a Tracking Guidebook.

You are now in possession of a 1-Shot Track ability. Please submit your target by the normal action deadline, unless you wish to save it for a future night.

Amrun wrote:
Action Result

After studying the guidebook carefully, you find some suspicious looking marks in the mud and decided to follow them. They lead you to David Xanatos, who is swimming beside RedCoyote. You can't tell what he's up to ... but hey, you finally found something! You're a good tracker! You feel accomplished.

Night 5, Search for Gun:

Search Results

After Vi's death, you realize no one can be trusted. If you're going to save Rompville, now is the time for drastic action. With a heavy heart, you ask Maggie to find the one thing you never wanted her to find... a gun.

You wait for her return impatiently, but when she comes back, she's carrying another boot. She drops it at your feet and chitters angrily before flying away.

You guess she doesn't want you to take that risk. You'll have to convince her another night.

Maggie found a boot. Better luck next time!

Night 6, Search for Gun:

Amrun wrote:
Search Results

You spend a lot of time discussing with Maggie how dire the situation has become. You wish you didn't have to hurt anyone, but if you didn't root out the ones eating your fellows, Rompville as everyone knew it might cease to exist!

Finally swayed, she brought you back something that might be the key to saving your friends.

Maggie found a Gun.

You are now in possession of a 1-Shot Vigilante ability. Please submit your target by the normal action deadline, unless you wish to save it for a future night.

Spoiler: David Xanatos' Role Cop Results
Night 1:

Amrun wrote:
You come across Yosarian2 while he's hunting. He rejects every fish he catches, seemingly in search for something just right. He's distracted, so you can inspect him from a safe distance.

Yosarian2 is
Gourmotter, Poisoner.

Night 2:

Amrun wrote:
You follow Magister Ludi to his den at night and realize he is married! He makes a cute half of an otter couple.

Magister Ludi is a
Significant Otter, Mason Lover and 1-Shot Shared Matchmaker

Night 3:

Amrun wrote:
David Xanatos wrote:Sense Iecerint. As before.

You sneak up behind Iecerint, who's hunting for a midnight snack. You notice a little bird hopping around him, bringing him small, shiny things.

Iecerint is
Confidotter, Fisherman

Night 4:

Amrun wrote:
David Xanatos wrote:Sense RedCoyote

You sidle up to RedCoyote, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything special. He's playing with a rock and doesn't notice you.

RedCoyote is
Otterly Adorable

Night 5:

Amrun wrote:
You are looking for DrippingGoofball ... only to realize, too late, that she was looking for you, too.

DrippingGoofball is
South China Tiger, Mafia Goon

Spoiler: implosions' Cop Results
Night 1:

Amrun wrote:
You sidle up to Iecerint and give him a sniff. Nope, no fish there!

Iecerint is Innocent of being a fish.

Note:
There was a clause left out of your role pm; you will receive your results in the form of "Innocent" or "Guilty."

Night 2:

Amrun wrote:
implosion wrote:
Sniff: Pine

You sidle up to Pine and give him a sniff. Nope, no fish there!

Pine is Innocent of being a fish.

Spoiler: Elmo's Test Results
Amrun wrote:
Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Thought I submitted after.
Either way I was wanting to use Test 1 to learn Umbrage's role.

Result of Test 1:
Otterly Adorable

Spoiler: Lovers' Results
Amrun wrote:
You and your partner snoop around Yosarian2 and MrBuddyLee's sleep sites looking for signs that they're meant to be together, and finally, you find this carved into a tree:

You're so excited! You knew the love of your life would be a great matchmaker. Soon, you bet you'll have a new couple to go to dinner parties with.

Yosarian2 and MrBuddyLee are Compatible.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 291, Nocmen wrote:Thanks for the invite to the Dead QT :p

Did I not send one to you? D: I'm sorry!! I was all out of sorts when I posted that flip.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

Here are all the asked-for fakeclaims that were not lost in the crash. I'm not redoing the ones that were, if there were any, though I THINK I have them all. Just for reference, if you want. Some of them got cheeky, asking for about 10 at once!

Spoiler: Shark fakeclaims
Amrun wrote:I did these pretty fast, so let me know if you spot any mistakes.

Requested fakeclaims from redFF:

Town, otter, miller
Town, otter, vig
Town, otter, doctor
Town, otter, Cop
Town, otter, mason
Town, otter, watcher
town, otter, tracker

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, redFF. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are
Fotter - Miller

You are a known glutton; all otters love fish, but you positively ROLL in it. As a consequence, you smell like fish all the time.

Any relevant abilities that visit you will return a result of "Guilty," "Shark," "Bull Shark, Mafia Goon," or similar.

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, redFF. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are a
Botter Old Coot - Vigilante

You're an older otter and you've grown out of your playful stage. Yet, you watch the young otters play with a hidden envy. You express your bitterness by outwardly putting up with no nonsense. Unlike the other otters, you're not sentimental. You do what needs to be done. If some otter needs taking out, then you'll do it for the greater good, no questions asked.

Each night, you may attack someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Attack Player X

The game thread is here.

In particular, you are a
Motticine Man - Doctor

Before you came to Rompville, you found an old warehouse full of medical supplies. You've stockpiled these supplies in order to be a productive citizen of Rompville. You feel like you have to prove yourself because you weren't born in Rompville, so you treat all the otters yourself. Though it annoys the citizens of Rompville a lot, you like to hover around otters you have a feeling
might
get sick.

Each night, you may protect someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Protect Player X

The game thread is here.

In particular, you are a
Sherlott Holmes - Cop

You're a special otter because you can read. Your favorite books are about the detective Sherlock Holmes, and you emulate him in every day life. With all the trouble in Rompville, you figure this is a great time to test your skill.

Each night, you may investigate someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Investigate Player X
. Your investigation will reveal whether your target is up to no good or not. You will receive results in the form of
Guilty
or
Innocent

The game thread is here.

In particular, you are
Otterly Attentive - Tracker

Your sense are highly attuned, and you always know what's going on around you. You strategically bed down next to a suspect each night; if (s)he gets up to no good during the night, you'll know, and you'll follow your suspect wherever (s)he goes.

Each night, you may track someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Sleep Next to Player X
. You will receive results in the form of "Player X Visited Player Y" or "Player X Slept Soundly."

The game thread is here.

In particular, you are
Ceiling Otter - Watcher

You are the Otter that Watches from the Sky - and you can watch anyone, any night, to see if anything happens to him or her. You have a special place in your holy heart for the citizens of Rompville and you don't want your otters harmed!

Each night, you may watch someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Observe Player X
. You will receive results in the form of "Player Y Visited Player X" or "Nobody Disturbed Player X."

The game thread is here.

In particular, you are an
Idottical Twin - Mason
along with Player Y.

You and Player Y are twins! You have a special connection. You always know what Player Y is thinking and you know his heart is pure.

You know that Player Y shares your win condition. Each night and during pre-game, you may converse with Player Y in the following QT: [qt link here]

The game thread is here.

Amrun wrote:
Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Fate. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are
Aimmoniisi - Shark Tracker

You always admired the Native Americans and originally came from the land of the Blackfeet, for whom otters are sacred. In the Blackfoot language, "Aimmoniisi" means otter, so that's the name you want to be called by. You study all the Native American arts, including the making of canoes and tracking. You spend a lot of time out on the water in your canoe, so you can go farther out than most otters; you're quick to spot anything out of the ordinary - including shark fins.

Each night, you may track someone by PMing the following action command to the moderator:
Paddle Near Player X
. You will receive results in the form of "Player X Visited Player Y" or "Player X Stayed Close to Shore." You will only receive a positive result on a shark that is performing a night action.

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, David Xanatos. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are a
Dottective - Cop

You're a very curious otter and you have to get your nose into things. You want to help solve the mystery of who is eating Rompville, so you put on your dottective hat, whip out your magnifying glass, and get to work!

Investigate Player X
. Your investigation will reveal whether your target is up to no good or not. You will receive results in the form of
Guilty
or
Innocent

The game thread is here.

Spoiler: Tiger fakeclaims
Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Quilford. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are
Man of Otter - Shark Tracker

Men of Honor
is your favorite movie. You were dazzled by Cuba Gooding Jr.'s performance even though you did not understand a word of the movie, which was in some gibberish language. Still, you were spellbound and always aspired to be a diver, just like Cuba Gooding Jr. You practice your diving at night, when no one can make fun of you. Sometimes, you notice other things swimming with you, and you know only sharks can be swimming that deep and be that big.

Dive Near Player X
. You will receive results in the form of "Player X Visited Player Y"or "Player X Stayed In The Shallow End." You will only receive a positive result on a shark that is performing a night action.

The game thread is here.

Amrun wrote:
Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, Quilford. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are
Adventotter - Tiger Tracker

You have an uncommon affinity for the woods for an otter. You know the jungle surrounding Rompville so well that if anyone is there that isn't supposed to be, you can almost always tell. If you detect someone there that usually isn't, your natural curiosity compels you to follow them.

Follow Player X
. You will receive results in the form of "Player X Visited Player Y" or "Player X Just Went Hiking." You will only receive a positive result on a tiger that is performing a night action.

The game thread is here.

Welcome to Otters vs. Tigers vs. Sharks, DrippingGoofball. You are an otter, determined to ferret out those among you who are disturbing the peace of Rompville.

In particular, you are
Scaredy Otter - Shark Bulletproof

Most otters love the water ... but not you! You're the only aquaphobic otter you know, so you hide on land at all times, protecting you from water borne dangers.

The game thread is here.

I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by Amrun »

This set-up was so fun to see play out. I loved how neither of the scumteams ever correctly predicted the set-up, not once, until DGB on the very last night.

As I said before, I think if I ran it again, I would add a couple of more VTs.

The tigers didn't use their power as I expected them to; they discounted the value of the janitor. But I thought they would use it to target power roles and give themselves rock solid roleclaims, which I saw as really useful. Or, I thought they would go for sharks and try to obscure it to leave the town chasing their tails, but they actively chose not to do that.

The tigers got really discouraged because they didn't know they were BP to sharks - but I had anticipated that they would assume the set-up was reasonably balanced.

Though perhaps scum vs. town wasn't as balanced as it would be optimally, I DO think the scumteams were pretty balanced between each other.

Thoughts?

Was the game enjoyable? Balanced? Tips for the future?

Anything I should improve with my modding for the future?

Thanks so much for playing, everyone, and especially those who stuck with it after the crash!

Another round of applause for Feysal, as well, who gave us our archive.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by camn »

SHIT! Sorry for the loss, town.. I take 55% of responsibility. The rest I lay on Nocmen and Umbrage for being so scummy. (can you believe Umbrage was town???!)

For the record.. I was rather suspicious of DGB.. but I meant it every time when I said that her game was incredible. From what I read- it really was a classic great DGB game.. and she deserves the win.
I didn't have enough conviction of her as scum to go for the lynch... and I cant think of ANY argument that would have swayed me. She was that good.
Also- good work RedFF at staying alive! That was a pretty bold fake claim!

@ Amrun- thanks for modding- and for taking me in as a replacement..
I liked the asymmetry of the setup- a LOT. 4 vs 3?! awesome. I love screwing with setups, and it clearly WAS balanced, scumteam wise.. since the smaller team prevailed! LOVED IT... otoh..
I HATED the Janitor thing. The uncertainty of a flip made me nuts. Was Umbrage a VT? A SK? A Tiger? It made me nuts. HATED IT.

Again- sorry for losing that game! But I had to go with SOMETHING.. and that was all I had. :(
and.. let it be known.. I count this as a N1 Nightkill... adding it to my massive list of N1 nightkills :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Camn this was a whole townwide loss imo, don't take so much of the blame.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Town deserved this loss, you guys sucked hard.

Also, totally called CKG/Vi scum. Booyah.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by camn »

SHit.. I Just realized I got vigged ... :(

Why would you vig me after backing my vote on Nocmen? You might as well self-vig...:(

PS: Molla- I am not taking it badly... I replaced in late and didnt even have the whole thread to read!
But the fact is, I could have steered the lynch onto ANYONE.. and I chose wrong. :(

(so many sad faces!)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”