1. Zaphod Beeblebrox, Townie
    11. nyballosulgniirkps
    Pesco Light

Action Phases:
Sequence of Events:

Rules:

You may
not
PM or IM or otherwise contact any player at anytime about this game, regardless of if you are living or dead. If your role makes an exception to this rule for you, strictly follow the new rule in your role PM. Exception: all forms of intra-hydra communication are allowed.

Once you are dead you can no longer post in-thread.
Not even a "bah." post.
Seriously.

Each player can vote for exactly one other player at a time during the day. Make your choice in bold letters like
Vote: YYYYYY

To change your vote, post
Unvote
in bold letters, or make a post voting for someone else in accordance with

Cast votes and unvotes that do not follow the formatting guideline described in (3.) and (4.) will
not
be counted.

A lynch will occur when more than 50% of the players have their votes placed upon the same player, or have their votes placed upon
Nolynch
. After the 50%+1 threshold is reached, the lynch will occur regardless of any subsequent posting. Kills will be posted in thread between 6 and 30 hours after I receive them by PM. I will attempt to randomize the delay as much as possible to prevent date/time type confirmation of kill source.

Day and Twilight:
  • "Day" is defined as the period between the moderator's "Start of Day __" post, and when either a vote is cast that places a player past the 50%+1 threshold necessary for a lynch. Role actions can only be submitted during periods of Day.
    "Twilight" is defined as the period between the time of the final valid vote necessary for a lynch or nolynch was cast and the following "Start of Day ___" post, or the "Twilight Expiration Trigger". Role actions are not valid if they are submitted during periods of twilight.
    Twilight Expiration Trigger: Twilight (the period following the last vote needed to lynch,) will last for a set period. In alpha that period will be 6 to 18 hours. In beta that period will be = to 2 * the number of living players in posts. No votes will be accepted during twilight, and action submissions
    will not
    be accepted during Twilight. Flavor Excuse: lynchings are messy. The town has to clean up the gallows, burn the body, ect.. and it takes some time to build up the level of aggression necessary to kill another of your neighbors who might very well be innocent.
Action phases:
  • DHSDSM
    α
    : reset every 84 hours.
    DHSDSM
    β
    : reset on pages: 13, 24, 32, 37, 40, 43, and every third page after that (46, 49, 52...).
This game will not have deadlines. Ever.

When 72 hours have passed without an individual player posting, I will prod that player
only if specifically requested to do so in-thread
by any other player.

If a prodded player does not open the prodding PM within 72 hours he will be replaced. Until a replacement is found the player facing replacement can still vote and post. If I have to prod a player a third time during the game, I will replace him. If you expect to be unable to post in the game for 48+ hours, send me a PM. I do not check the vacation/leave thread.

Hydras (two players sharing the same alt account) are encouraged as a way to reduce the chances of replacement. All hydras will be public (all players will know who makes up each hydra) and hydras are static. You can't replace half of your hydra. I will not deal with hydra drama. If you PM me about drama within your hydra (not getting along, she changed the password, whatever), I'll just replace that hydra. Claiming to be experiencing hydra drama within the game thread is allowed...
but if you use your non-hydra account to do so you will be replaced
. Replacing out = loss. Replacing out for tactical reasons = ban from my future games.

Special rule for
DHSDSM
β
: Spam is not allowed.
  • The second time you post more than three times in a row you will be modkilled. You will not be warned. Six posts in a row = modkill. Hydras need to be extra careful of this rule. Posts by alt account will count towards the mod-kill.
    Making more than 15 posts within an hour will also result in a modkill
If you have the ability to edit posts, don't do it in this thread.

If you have any questions please ask me via PM or in-thread as they occur to you. I will be as fair and helpful as I can.

Every moderator will make mistakes, and I am no exception. Please be patient, understanding, and forgiving towards me.

I support free speech. Quote anything you like
(except for ongoing games!)
whenever you like. All forms of cryptography that do not
require
software (or more than 1 hour for me to work with just pen and paper) for encryption or decryption are acceptable as well. Do not PM or otherwise contact players outside the thread with game related information unless you are explicitly permitted.

Talking about ongoing games is against Mafiascum.net rules. See mith's post at http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6470 for the complete set of forum rules.
  • Exceptions: you may
    • *cite when (date, time) a player has posted elsewhere on this site
      *cite information posted by a moderator in another game (including alignment if it is revealed by the mod)
    You shall not otherwise reference another game.
    If you write a post that has a chance of breaking this site-wide rule, PM it to me before you post it. I will tell you if it would get you modkilled or not.

The game ends when all living players are members of the same faction. If the game never ends then there will never be a "winner".

Breaking a rule = death for a given value of death. I determine that value. A modkill will not end the day.

Possible Roles

All roles that appear in the game are from this list. Not every role in this list is used in the game. This setup will include 1 Mafia Group of 3 players, AND at least 1 Compulsive Vig OR 1 Sk.

Compulsive VigYou are a Vigilante. You are frustrated with the ineffective procedures of the town, really frustrated. Once every action phase you may PM me the name of one player, and you will take out your frustrations by killing that player. If you do not send me the name of a player by an action phase, you will immediately kill a random player (you may be that random player) instead, and that random kill will be identified as a random kill in the victim's death scene. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text.

You win if only town-aligned players are alive at the end of the game.

CopYou are a Cop. By breaking police procedures and violating a person’s right to privacy, you can tell the difference between scum and town. Once every action phase you may PM me the name of one player and I will tell you (via PM and within 18 hours) if that player is innocent or guilty of being scum. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "innocent" or "guilty" or (if your action is blocked) "no result".

DoctorYou are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. Once every action phase you can PM me the name of one player, and that player will be protected from
one
kill for the next action phase. You can PM your first target before the game begins. You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

Mafia DoctorYou are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. Once every action phase you can PM me the name of one player, and that player will be protected from
one
kill for the next action phase. You can PM your first target before the game begins. You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

You are also a member of the _____ Mafia with _____. Due to the Oath of Hippocrates, you are not allowed to perform your Mafia’s kill.

While you are alive, you can talk with the other living members of your mafia via the quicktopic thread found at________.

You win if only members of your mafia are alive at the end of the game.

Mafia GodfatherYou are the mighty Godfather of the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia. Because you are so crafty, you are immune to Cop investigations.

While you are alive, you can talk with the other living members of your mafia via the quicktopic thread found at________.

Once every action phase a single member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player to kill, and which member of your mafia is committing your kill. If I receive more than one PM for the kill during an action phase from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

Mafia GoonYou are a Goon in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

Once every action phase a single member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player to kill, and which member of your mafia is committing your kill. If I receive more than one PM for the kill during an action phase from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

Mafia RoleblockerYou are a Roleblocker in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

As an additional ability, once every action phase you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s action will not occur during the next action phase. If I do not receive a PM before end of an action phase you will not block any player. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

You may perform both your mafia's kill as well as roleblock in the same action phase.

RoleblockerYou are a Roleblocker.

Once every action phase you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s action will not occur during the next action phase. If I do not receive a PM before end of a day you will not block any player. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

Serial KillerYou are an evil and calculating Serial Killer. Because you are so crafty, you are immune to kills other than your own.

Once every action phase you may PM me the name of one player, and you will take out your frustrations by killing that player. If you do not send me the name of a player by the end of an action phase, you will kill a random player (you may be that random player) instead, and that random kill will be identified as a random kill in the victim's death scene. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text.

You win if you are the only player left alive at the end of the game.

TownieYou are a Townie. You have no abilities other than your vote.

TrackerYou are a Tracker. Once every action phase you may PM me the name of one other player. If that player uses an ability on any other players during the next action phase, I will tell you (via PM, and between 6 and 30 hours after I receive their PM) the names of those players targeted. If your action is blocked you will not be informed. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. I will deliver your investigation results by sending you a PM containing the quoted text of your action PM along with either "none" or the names of the players that your target targeted. You can PM me your first target before the game begins.
Last edited by Saunt Adelaus on Wed May 13, 2009 6:41 am, edited 34 times in total.
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

areas of confusion in red:
DoctorYou are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. Once every action phase you can PM me the name of one player, and that player will be protected from
one
kill for the next action phase.
You can PM your first target before the game begins.
You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

Mafia DoctorYou are a Doctor, dedicated to saving lives. Once every action phase you can PM me the name of one player, and that player will be protected from
one
kill for the next action phase.
You can PM your first target before the game begins.
You can not protect yourself. I will acknowledge receipt of your action PM by quoting your PM back to you with no added text. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

You are also a member of the _____ Mafia with _____. Due to the Oath of Hippocrates, you are not allowed to perform your Mafia’s kill.

should not be read as giving permission to PM your target before the game begins. You can only PM
me
the name of your target. Sorry for any confusion.
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

just to be clear, Doctors, Mafia Doctors, Mafia Roleblockers, Roleblockers, and Trackers
must
submit a target (via PM to this account) for action phase 1 before the game starts in order to use thier ability during action phase 1. During action phase 1 they will submit their target for action phase 2.
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

FAQ:
  • Q: When can (I/we) submit (my/our) kill?
    A: The kill for each action phase can be submitted during each action phase, when it is not twilight. Twilight is not connected to action phases.
    --added 19 April

Q: Will a Tracker get a report during action phase 1 on a player who made a submission during the pregame?
    A: No. However, a Tracker will get a report if/when that player submits an action for action phase 2 during action phase 1.
    --added 26 April
Last edited by Saunt Adelaus on Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Error correction in rules:
Twilight Expiration Trigger: Twilight (the period following the last vote needed to lynch,) will last for a set period. In alpha that period will be 6 to 18 hours. In beta that period will be = to 2 * the number of living players in posts. No votes will be accepted during twilight, and action submissions
for the following period of day
will not
be accepted during Twilight. Flavor Excuse: lynchings are messy.
deleted portion in red.
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Start of Day 1

~~~

Start of Action Phase 1

~~~

Votecount:

not voting:
: Apples and Banana, Death the Hogfather, Frog Dodging, Incamnito, J-Scope, Ortohoops, Pesco-Light, PoketheAlpaca, Raging Wishbone, sex w/ shafteds wife club, Trotsky, Yosariwen, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

I broke the game.

The scum team is:
Raging Wishbone
Apples and Banana
Yosariwen

DIE SCUM DIE

vote: Raging Wishbone
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Yosariwen
Yosariwen
Townie
Yosariwen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Yosariwen »

The timer counting down the end to Action Phase 1 is off - it's set to 12:00 on 3-30-09 instead of 4-30-09. Link to fixed countdown.

thanks for the correct link. Editing the OP now. ~Adel
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Incamnito »

Yay!

I was just getting low on games.

VOTE : ZMD

Why? I was listening to Portishead, the new album, and I was thinking that it is just as progressive for TODAY as the old albums were FOR THEN.
Like, logically, Portishead(Third) is to NOW as Portishead(Dummy) was to 1994. You understand.

And
FOS Yosariwen
for artificially inflating thier post count.
CaffieneDeity (1:34:50 AM): (Don't self vote. That's just ridiculous..)
Pesco Light
Pesco Light
Townie
Pesco Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Pesco Light »

Hey, games on.

Adel is obv scum

Vote Adel
"Doesn't pesco mean fish?" --elvis_knits
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Incamnito wrote:Yay!

Why? I was listening to Portishead, the new album, and I was thinking that it is just as progressive for TODAY as the old albums were FOR THEN.
Like, logically, Portishead(Third) is to NOW as Portishead(Dummy) was to 1994. You understand.

And
FOS Yosariwen
MARK MY WORDS.

If Incamnito flips scum, Zmd is town, and Yosariwen is Incamnito's buddy.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by J-Scope »

I don't get it. What does Portishead have to do with Zmd? It is an inside joke? I want answers!

Vote: Incamnito
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

Vote: sex w/ shafteds wife club

Obviously one scumy threesome
This is a Populartajo Pokerface shared account.
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Incamnito »

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Incamnito wrote:Yay!

And
FOS Yosariwen
MARK MY WORDS.

If Incamnito flips scum, Zmd is town, and Yosariwen is Incamnito's buddy.
WIFOM!!
Yosariwen
Yosariwen
Townie
Yosariwen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Yosariwen »

J-Scope wrote:I don't get it. What does Portishead have to do with Zmd? It is an inside joke? I want answers!
Are you that dense?

Incamn's crumbing is neutral for now, as there are multiple data roles than can be of either alignment and would benefit from early crumbs. Currently a null tell.
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Incamnito »

And actually...

UNVOTE, Vote J-Scope

a) OMGUS! No answers for you.
b) My meta on J-scope indicates that you would normally jump on Pesco Light for wasting a vote on the Mod. Why didn't you?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Though the following declaration is in direct contradiction with my first post...

I am now ready to declare the first townie of the game.

I speak of Yosariwen. Obvtown.
Death the Hogfather
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Death the Hogfather »

I PARTAKE IN THIS EXERCISE MERELY BECAUSE CUSTOM DICTATES IT.

VOTE: INCAMNITO
BECAUSE THE NAME STANDS OUT.
'Never say die, master. That's our motto, eh?'
I CAN'T SAY IT'S EVER REALLY BEEN MINE.
-[u]Hogfather[/u]
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Hey gang, I'm ready to start killing.

Vote: Incamnito
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:20 pm

This is perhaps the most fascinatingly frightening thing I've seen in a while (though my tiredness + big test tomorrow might well be contributing heavily to that perception). Especially the idiosyncratic posting and the mounting (but probably unfounded) fear that we'll get stuck in the random stage too long. Anyway. Hey, other head, how sure are you re Raging Wishbone's scumhood? I feel tempted to random vote Zmd but you got here first.
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Incamnito »

Why ZMD? There is a perfectly good bandwagon brewing already!
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by J-Scope »

Yosariwen wrote:
J-Scope wrote:I don't get it. What does Portishead have to do with Zmd? It is an inside joke? I want answers!
Are you that dense?

Incamn's crumbing is neutral for now, as there are multiple data roles than can be of either alignment and would benefit from early crumbs. Currently a null tell.
I didn't read it as a crumb and I still don't upon rereading the post. What do you mean? He was talking about a music album causing him to vote a player, as if the player would understand the vote because of the music album.
Incamnito wrote:b) My meta on J-scope indicates that you would normally jump on Pesco Light for wasting a vote on the Mod. Why didn't you?
Your meta needs a bigger sample size :P
Because this game does not place a restriction on the number of posts, it is marginally more acceptable to place a vote on someone that cannot be voted, for lulz. But you make a point that Pesco should be questioned for trying to vote a non player in this game.

Pesco Light, what reaction were you looking for?
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Incamnito »

J-Scope wrote:
Yosariwen wrote:
Are you that dense?

I didn't read it as a crumb and I still don't upon rereading the post. What do you mean? He was talking about a music album causing him to vote a player, as if the player would understand the vote because of the music album.

It is just a little random insight into my life, to go along with my random vote!
I like to share a part of my day with all of you.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Incamnito wrote: It is just a little random insight into my life, to go along with my random vote!
I like to share a part of my day with all of you.
Nobody cares about insights into your life.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:53 pm

J-Scope (specifically, whoever is interested in questioning Pesco Light re voting the Mod): What do you know of Forbiddanlight's meta? Am curious.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”