J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 10:55 am

Post by J-Scope »

Raging Wishbone wrote:Your post doesn't look at all like it was intended as an attack of me, and anyways the attack you now try to present it as to cover the scumtell I blamed you of really sucks.
Why does it suck?

Raging Wishbone wrote:I mostly mean the "contributing a reasonable amount to the game while flying just under the radar" vibe I get from you in both games. I think it's a smart approach for scum to take.
Can you elaborate? Would you say I've flown under the radar at a consistent level throughout the game?

In day 1 I still thought I had a partner and I tried to organize joint posts to no avail, so I ended up trying to analyze for the both of us; to keep up like everybody else was, and I think I got bogged down to where I wasn't always living in the moment. Honestly I don't think it affected my game that much, but there could have been a drop-off of activity in the beginning.
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.
nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/5756/daytalk.jpg

Kison and I have used the notes system but we haven't talked much. There is a couple more PM we exchanged to setup the account and stuff but nothing relevant.

Kison can post the capture from his comp.

I'm going to do a reread tomorrow. Post my thought and wait for Kison's opinion, then we'll make a decision.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Raging Wishbone »

@J-scope - I am posting this question for you again cause I did not see you answer it in your responses to RR...
J-Scope wrote:There is nothing I can show because I haven't been playing with my partner (Kaleidoscope). I tried to exchange PM's and he had replied that he was sorry but couldn't keep up with the game.

Post 37 was the only post he made under "J-Scope". The rest was all me, Jahudo.

He had a few posts that he made on his own account but those were to say he wasn't reading, so I've just gone ahead and played solo.
I find it hard to believe you have nothing you can post and you did not communitcate with her at all when this game started. I see the K-scope left, but did you not talk to her after you got your roles? Did you not send her a pm or did she not send you a pm? Don't you think one off the first things everyone did in this game was speak to their partner?

I found a place in the Faq that explains how to do the bbcode and emmbed the images. This is what I have loaded so far. The first part is just helloes and discussing the other game...

The following screencap is my thought process and explanation to RR during the yo/nuw discussion.

I voted yosarien, then unvoted them which started around post 287 and continued through 299... After reading and rereading Nuwens post again it just felt really wrong and saw fallacy in her daytalk...
Raging Wishbone wrote:@ Yoso: There was another game a bunch of the same people here played called "Lovers multi ball".... so you put together a nice AIM log,...well four of our scum posted FAKE daytalk in that game ten times more convincing then what you wrote! They were SleepeyPanda/Armix and the other scum was Neko/Sekinj... Their daytalk was a brilliant attempt, but it was really easy to cut through the BS and end that scum game quick.
After yo/nuw and Trotsky both were down we were feeling pretty good.

The this is after we lost sexed pokealpha, and frogdoge....

I am still uploading, it's a little difficult cause I gotta clip around the beta stuff. But I will put some more up as needed.

@Hoops - Love to see your daytalk as well so we can discuss them all together. Answered your questions regarding the RR and Apples and Bananas question here...
Raging Wishbone wrote:
ortolan wrote:RW: can you point me to where you had the discussion about posting screenshots of quicktopics, then post yours. I want time to look at it because I see it as possible you guys premeditated it and planned for it all along.
Here is the exchange, between RR and Sens Fan...
Apples and Banana wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:
Sens wrote:What QT?
Me and Walt set up a QT to communicate when we're not both online. You should do the same if you're town and haven't yet.
3) Mind posting a screenshot of an earlier segment of the QT? Preferably one where you're discussing who you think is Scum. Also nice to be included would be the title of the QT. (Obviously, crop/blur out the url.)
Raging Wishbone wrote:
Sens wrote:3) Mind posting a screenshot of an earlier segment of the QT? Preferably one where you're discussing who you think is Scum. Also nice to be included would be the title of the QT. (Obviously, crop/blur out the url.)
I'm not sure Adel will be ok with this, nor do I think my fucekd up computer is capable of taking screenshots. Otherwise, fine.
Mod
, is this allowed?
Saunt Adelaus wrote:see rules 17 and 18
Raging Wishbone wrote:
Yeah, gathered as much. We talk about beta as well there, so that can't be done. I could paraphrase our talk on alpha, though.
Apples and Banana wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:
Yeah, gathered as much. We talk about beta as well there, so that can't be done. I could paraphrase our talk on alpha, though.
Ah, hadn't even thought of that.

Don't bother paraphrasing, that ruins the purpose.
I have a few screencaps done and loaded on a server, however I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to embed them so far. Anyone know how I can do this?

@Adel - Can I just link to the photoboucket account with the screencaps? It does not contain anything other then a few screencaps of me and RR's talk of the Alpha game.
J-Scope wrote:There is nothing I can show because I haven't been playing with my partner (Kaleidoscope). I tried to exchange PM's and he had replied that he was sorry but couldn't keep up with the game.

He had a few posts that he made on his own account but those were to say he wasn't reading, so I've just gone ahead and played solo.
I find it hard to believe you have nothing you can post and you did not communitcate with her at all when this game started. I see the K-scope left, but did you not talk to her after you got your roles? Did you not send her a pm or did she not send you a pm? Don't you think one off the first things everyone did in this game was speak to their partner?
@NyBalls - I need to do a reread as well and take a look at your daytalk, but I need to run to watch 24, lol. I will check back in later tonight or tomorrow.

Remember everyone one vote in teh wrong direction ends this game, if scum use their kill and swoop in lynch. so I would enjoy hearing more opinions so we could come to a consensus.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by J-Scope »

Raging Wishbone wrote:I find it hard to believe you have nothing you can post and you did not communitcate with her at all when this game started. I see the K-scope left, but did you not talk to her after you got your roles? Did you not send her a pm or did she not send you a pm? Don't you think one off the first things everyone did in this game was speak to their partner?
The most he ever said to me was something like "I'll read the thread when I have more time". He really has been gone from the start.

I did send him reads I was thinking but I talked about both games.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by ortolan »

Do not no lynch.

Check with Adel but I think scum can abuse it by putting in a kill one minute before the end of this action phase, which then goes through just as it turns over, and then they put in another kill 2 minutes later for the next action phase, which will resolve before they get lynched.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by ortolan »

How does that "note" thing nyb posted work?

Does anyone know if it's legit?

I will post screenshot in a bit, one tick.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

RW wrote:@NyBalls - I need to do a reread as well and take a look at your daytalk, but I need to run to watch 24, lol.
That is an acceptable excuse for procrastinating.

@RW - I'll take a closer look at your shots tomorrow, but one thing that stands out is this:
Yoso/nuwens - They lie constantly, if they are town they have no reason to lie. I dont agree with them being lynched, but it seems like there is no stopping it now?
How does that deduction make any sense at all?

Also, you implied you have more to post. Is this the case?

My screenshot: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7172/screenshotoex.png

We have a couple of PMs as well but it was about the account/avatar. I'll double check but I am pretty sure nothing was game related. I added her on AIM but haven't caught her online yet, so nothing there either.
J-Scope wrote:I did send him reads I was thinking but I talked about both games.
Open up paint/photoshop and blot/blur out the stuff relating to the other game. I would highly recommend at least attempting and sending it to Adel to that he can double check to see that it's safe, if you're in doubt.

If you do that, please be sure to include a timestamp somewhere in your screen shot.
ortolan wrote:How does that "note" thing nyb posted work?
You can stash notes in there that produce rough depictions of posts. You can look at how it works on your account.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Post by ortolan »

I realise this doesn't prove much and potentially makes us look scummy because it has us speculating about a second mafia, which could well imply we are in the first mafia

The whited out stuff included references to beta.
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

nyballosulgniirkps, Townie, was killed

Votecount as of 632

not voting:
:J-Scope, Ortohoops, Raging Wishbone,

while 3 are alive, 2 votes will lynch

edit: it takes 2 votes to lynch, not 3.
Last edited by Saunt Adelaus on Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 1:15 am

Post by ortolan »

I think the most important question at this point is:

J-Scope: who do you think is scum?

J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 2:33 am

Post by J-Scope »

I'll attempt to post a picture but there will be some censoring.

It's possible that RW had planned out this breaking strategy in advance. I don't know how much or little some people talked strategy with their partners, but they might have asked if this was a rule and saw the benefit. When they talk about Yos they clearly make it known they are not on his side.

Ortohoops, is there anything else you could add? Those posts don't look indicative of town or scum. It's odd that you would place RW into a second scumgroup but I guess at the time you didn't think scum would bus.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Ortohoops-scum would have had to do the high risk-high reward of bussing Yos early and hard; RW-scum would have had the foresight to plan an accurate fake conversation. I guess I have to throw them out the window and go with my reads; RW looked suspicious in my re-read so I'm sticking with him.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 2:52 am

Post by ortolan »

J-Scope (635) wrote:I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Ortohoops-scum would have had to do the high risk-high reward of bussing Yos early and hard; RW-scum would have had the foresight to plan an accurate fake conversation. I guess I have to throw them out the window and go with my reads; RW looked suspicious in my re-read so I'm sticking with him.
Yay that means I can vote you with impunity

J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 3:45 am

Post by J-Scope »

You've already decided have you?

Can someone explain why nyballs was killed? I knew we all said we wouldn't lynch Orto or nyballs, but all this time I thought Orto was more town. I can't tell if it's supposed to be a strategy or something.

J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 3:51 am

Post by J-Scope »

The top shows when and how I told him about the QT i created.

The censored stuff is beta talk. I stopped using the QT because K-Scope didn't keep his promise of getting back into the game after he responded to that PM on the bottom.

I'm sticking with my read.

Vote: Raging Wishbone
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 am

Post by J-Scope »

unvote

on second thought I'll see what RW thinks about orto's private communications.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:08 am

Ok, a few thoughts...
ortolan wrote:Image

I realise this doesn't prove much and potentially makes us look scummy because it has us speculating about a second mafia, which could well imply we are in the first mafia

The whited out stuff included references to beta.
@Hoops I have two BIG problems with your daytalk.

1. On the top of you page it says Admin tools. Please notice the difference between the top of my quick topics page. I can not change anything like the way the page is numbered.

2. The BIGGEST problem - you have posts number going down!

In quick topic numbers always go up unless they have been manipulated.

Look at my quick topic and look at JScopes. Look at examples everywhere quicktopic is posted.

I also am still having a problem with the semantics of our conversation of ethics and you winning as scum. You wrote...
Ortohoops wrote:We cannot win as scum in this game, but that is not because of an ethical issue :)
It was a yes or no question, with your statement. You could reply when the game is over, "I can't win is scum, but my team can. or the reason is I can not win is becuase it is not ethically wrong.... I don't know why you did not just write, I am not scum?

@J-scope - Please don't do this. Let everyone left take a look so we can come to a consensus. I'm not sure when RR will be on next, but lets hear his thoughts first.
J-Scope wrote:The top shows when and how I told him about the QT i created.

The censored stuff is beta talk. I stopped using the QT because K-Scope didn't keep his promise of getting back into the game after he responded to that PM on the bottom.

I'm sticking with my read.

Vote: Raging Wishbone
J-Scope wrote:
unvote

on second thought I'll see what RW thinks about orto's private communications.
Also, I don't like the fact you twisted the truth about not having any daytalk here. You wrote you had nothing to show, but you do have something to show which may be extremely helpfull considering the way Ortohoops numbered his posts in daytalk.

Also, you asked the other day J-Scope....
J-Scope wrote:What about Hoops? Has she been in recently?
It does not seem like Hoops has been playing recently. It seems like it has all been Orto. He has been playing in a game at the same time as this. He was God Father and that game just ended, here is the link...

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 53&start=0

Bottom line, I was really leaning towards a JScope lynch however I am no longer sure. The most daming thing on Hoops was the way his daytalk is numbered. I am going to read his recent game as a GodFather. Anyone else got a meta on him? We need to make a choice by tomorrow evening.

@RR - Please let me know what you think?
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:15 am

@Hoops - another question - on the right side of the page where you can edit or delete. There is no edit or delete function next to post number#2. On my quicktopics page, edit and delete is only available for the last post written. I can't edit RR's posts or any of my previous posts.

Reading Otro as scum right now, will be back later. I am sure RR will check in sometime soon today too.....
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Jahudo »

Raging Wishbone wrote:Also, I don't like the fact you twisted the truth about not having any daytalk here. You wrote you had nothing to show, but you do have something to show which may be extremely helpfull considering the way Ortohoops numbered his posts in daytalk.
I should have been clearer what I meant. I meant to say I had nothing to show of a conversation between me and K-Scope, because I haven't been playing with my partner.

I didn't think what I had was comparable to conversations where two people were discussing topics together.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 7:12 am

It's Ortohoops guys. Please take a look at all of these daytalk threads from Lovers Multiball...

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=2575

Please go to
post#2593
and click on each of these links to quicktopics...

----

Mafia
Werewolves
ThAdmiral & Xtoxm/DarlaBlueEyes
DrippingGoofball/Spacecase/OpposedForce/starrie & Darox/Raffles/wolframnhart
Crazy & Knight of Cydonia/farside22
Waltwishbone & Raging Rabbit
charter & Cephrir
Adel/Ennui2778 & Toaster Strudel/pwnz
Harvey Pew & ace1217cerebus3
Alabaska J & kloud1516/dybeck

------

EVERY SINGLE one, the posts are all in reverse order. Look at our and Jscopes posts from this game, the posts are numbered in reverse order!!!

The ONLY daytalk that starts at 1 and goes in a choronological (by dates, post number) order is Ortohoops. I am not going to vote I would like to hear what you Jscope and RR think. I also would like to hear if Ortohoops has a logical explanation for this, but those are my feelings....

Please take a look at these posts again, side by side...

...and

Also reading through Ortolans game as Godfather here,

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 53&start=0

It just reads to me as the same way he has approached this game. He flew under the radar, like he was "spoon feeding us cough sryup and yet told us it was candy." Like a "Dentists saying a shot of novocaine won't hurt", lol...

@RR - You were in that game with him, what is your "scum"Orto read?

This is how I feel would love to hear opinions...
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 7:52 am

Also...

@RR also remember this is how we caught Sekinji/Neko - they changed the order of their posts when they paraphrased their daytalk...

Compared to this...

Another THING, why was Hoops not obv kill by scum (Jscope, NYBalls, and us) all had Hoops pegged as town. Why would scum NOT eliminate Hops OBVTOWn at that point?

Why keep us and Jscope in the game over NYBalls? Maybe becuase NYballs wrote he was undecided, perhaps because of the exchange RR and Jscope had yesterday. Both of them indicated or at least implied they would vote for each other... All scum had to do was sit back and wait for one of team to vote for the other.
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 8:31 am

Post by J-Scope »

Raging Wishbone wrote:EVERY SINGLE one, the posts are all in reverse order. Look at our and Jscopes posts from this game, the posts are numbered in reverse order!!!

The ONLY daytalk that starts at 1 and goes in a choronological (by dates, post number) order is Ortohoops. I am not going to vote I would like to hear what you Jscope and RR think. I also would like to hear if Ortohoops has a logical explanation for this, but those are my feelings....
We should see if Ortohoops can explain it.

I think a big issue with their QT is that posts 1-5 don't distinguish what they are or what they have been looking for. Anyone could speculate if there is a second mafia if they didn't read the rules.

Their Post 5 by Hoops has a large white box that goes far past her one sentence. There was certainly something there, as there was at least a post 6. Was all of this beta talk?
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 8:58 am

J-Scope wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:EVERY SINGLE one, the posts are all in reverse order. Look at our and Jscopes posts from this game, the posts are numbered in reverse order!!!

We should see if Ortohoops can explain it.

I think a big issue with their QT is that posts 1-5 don't distinguish what they are or what they have been looking for. Anyone could speculate if there is a second mafia if they didn't read the rules.

Their Post 5 by Hoops has a large white box that goes far past her one sentence. There was certainly something there, as there was at least a post 6. Was all of this beta talk?
Agreed Jscope, I would like to read what he writes in response...

Also that is a good point about speculating their was a second mafia team... Check out post four again, he write in one sentance, according to Adel, there is no second mafia team... however he continues in the second paragraph and speculates on a second mafia team?

I am not so concerned with post#5 and the big white blotch as I am with the way he numbered his posts? Did you check out all those links to a non-fabricated quicktopics exhange?

Also, I might not be able to be here tomorrow when we HAVE, HAVE to have our vote in by midnight... We can NOT let the next action period pass without a vote or Town losses.

@RR and Jscope - will you guys both be around tomorrow?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Jahudo »

Yeah I'll be around.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 9:13 am

Still re-reading, another question....
ortolan wrote:We will do it but it won't prove much because we will need to edit two out of seven posts to remove beta-related content.
Actually you edited three out of the 7, not 2 to remove Beta content? or actually according to the way your posts are numbered you edited 7 out of 7, right?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by ortolan »

Sorry RW but I actually think you made a sum total of zero valid points against us in that last post

1) I have no idea what determines the order of posts, I've seen them going both ways before. Sometimes after you post it reverses the order also. It's probably an option but if you're implying it's like that cause that's edited that's quite retarded. Why would I go to the effort of editing (and such scummy content which doesn't prove anything to begin with) only to order them in a way you cannot in the actual quicktopic? ~ I just determined any quicktopic I look at is displayed that way. See below.

2) I dislike how this forced us into a dilemma of potentially compromising the other game
and/or
getting modkilled in this one for referencing the other game, which was the reason for the edited posts.

3) I edited 3 out of 7 posts by whiting them out.

4) The reason you don't have the admin tools is probably because you're not signed in, as it says?????? Do you think I would go to the effort of editing a quicktopic like that perfectly (which I assure you I'm not capable of) and then add an entire admin bar which isn't even there in reality??? ~ Actually I'm pretty sure it's there just because I created the Ortohoops topic.
J-Scope (637) wrote:Can someone explain why nyballs was killed? I knew we all said we wouldn't lynch Orto or nyballs, but all this time I thought Orto was more town. I can't tell if it's supposed to be a strategy or something.
HELLO THIS IS A BLATANT WIFOM ATTEMPT BY SCUM.

RW, because I'm pretty certain J-Scope is scum rather than you, I do hope you'll at
least
pay attention to the fact he was willing to vote you. He changed his mind when he realised I had every intention of voting him and when he thought he could WIFOM you into the choice of lynching me after we posted a scummy looking quicktopic (and after he chose to kill nyb instead of us then made a big song and dance routine about the fact, which is BLATANTLY scummy).

On your point about my scum meta, sorry but that's just blatantly incorrect.

1) Despite what you claim, I
have not
lurked this game
at all

2) My scum meta isn't actually to lurk anyway, your sample is a large game which was mountainous, incredibly drawn out and not swingy, with a town ineffective at scum-hunting. There was little motivation to post much beyond drawing attention to oneself. Also even then relative to the other players I was quite active, so this "you lurk as scum" is fiction, and I haven't even been lurking this game. See Hunchback of Notre Dame mini, Suzumiya Haruhi mini, the lovers nightless open or the carbon 14 open or Sushi Mafia to see my scumplay.

That is a game (Mushroom Kingdom 1) I wasn't even in, and the posts are ordered like that. Also, I'm pretty sure the reason I have admin tools in Ortohoops is just because I created that quicktopic...

Same...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”