Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:50 am

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Votecount as of post 99:

Apples and Banana:
:sex w/ shafteds wife club, Ortohoops, Trotsky, Death the Hogfather, Incamnito, Raging Wishbone,
PoketheAlpaca:
: Yosariwen, Frog Dodging,
Ortohoops:
:Zmd, Apples and Banana
Trotsky:
:PoketheAlpaca,
Death the Hogfather:
:Zaphod Beeblebrox,
Zmd:
:J-Scope,

not voting:
:nyballosulgniirkps,

while 14 players are alive, 8 votes will lynch
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

PokerFace wrote:
@Adel&Claus a vote count may be good. Also your policy says you got to post asking it to get others prodded. You may want to allow people to pm you that stuff.
I'm trying to keep them to one per page. Would you prefer more?

I will only prod people if specifically requested to do so in the thread, as per the rule-set.
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Apples and Banana »

J-Scope wrote:
Incamnito wrote:That aside, A&B, what exactly did youhope to accomplish with that post?
Were you trying to prove that you have read the game?
Because I see a lot of "PBP", and not so much "A".
QFT.
Really? On all the important and/or big posts, I commented on whether I liked the post or not, how I felt about it, and/or if I felt it was scummy.
J-Scope wrote:
Apples and Banana wrote:31 - Strawmans my argument about heads vs hydras, and votes me for it, even though he claims to have a "gut scum read" on a RW post. FoS: Pesco Light
Is that really a strawman? He’s saying that you should be able to comment on whatever your other half said, which still allows the other half to enter in later and comment in their own words.

It sounded like you were originally trying to avoid having to make any acknowledgement for something your other half said. Scum would love to be able to get away with that; putting all the scumtells on one half but trying to keep the other respectable and the one you vote for or not.
If someone replaces into a game, they usually cannot explain their predecessor's behaviour, and they're not expected to. After all, they may have the same role, but no one can be expected to explain why someone else said or did something.

Why is it any different in this game? Why should one person be expected to explain why another said/did something, just because they share the same role? Especially if people want the heads to be indifferentiable, in which case the options for the head that isn't being questioned are to not post, or to completely ignore the question.
J-Scope wrote:
Apples and Banana wrote:68 - Explains that he thinks wasting posts isn't scummy, and that Scum actually probably won't do it...WHAT? I think he knows exactly if the Scum are or aren't wasting posts.
Do you have a different theory?
Well, I think its silly to say that we should look for Scum in the people NOT wasting posts, since that goes directly against what would serve them best. People who waste posts in this game are pseudo-equivalent to lurkers in a normal game - sure, they're not all Scum, but lurking is scummy.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Apples, seriously, that was totally worthless. Claim or die please.
Really? And yet there's absolutely no reasons you can give to support that theory? So no, I'm not going to claim.
Ortohoops wrote:I've already explained my stance on the value of posts. We're not even 5 pages into the game and we almost have a lynch - the town should hypothetically be aiming for 2-3 lynches per action phase, and we should be able to do it comfortably.
Are you implying that I'm good as lynched? As I'm sure you know, not all wagons lead to a lynch, especially if it was a lurker lynch more than anything else. Or maybe you submitted a kill, and are just waiting for it to go through?
Ortohoops wrote:Lets make a safe presumption and say we only lynch twice before page 13 - scum have had their kill, and the Sk/vig has one too. We're down to 10 players, and the next phase still has 10 pages, where we should easily be able to lynch 2-3 players again with more information in the game. I really think we don't need to be so hasty, and certainly don't think the basis of cases should be determined by their signal:noise ratio, unless it's substancial.
That's true. But without the wasted posts, maybe we could lynch 3-4 times. What you're saying is like me saying, in a normal game, "We have 6 weeks to lynch someone, so the people that only post once a week still give us enough information to lynch someone by the end of the day. I think Scum are the ones posting a lot."
Ortohoops wrote:Now, addressing your post more specifically; every time you generate suspicion on someone, you're basing it on the thought that scum are more likely to do x than town.
Congratulations, you just DEFINED a scumtell.
Ortohoops wrote:The way you come to the conclusion I'm scum, is on the basis of this logic. It's simple - I think scum are more likely to avoid fluff posting early on, and take the opposite stance.
But posting fluff early on DIRECTLY helps them win.
Ortohoops wrote:It's an easy way to force suspicion on players - they're preying on the paranoia of the town. I don't think scum would be stupid enough to come in and make fluff posts to start the game. Why would they want the early attention when they don't even know how hasty the town is going to be with post wasting? It's a stupid risk to jump in the limelight like that, and it's even stupider to not be aware that fluff posts would put them under pressure.
Do you also think that Scum wouldn't lurk in a normal game, for those same reasons?
Ortohoops wrote:This is why I think scum would take the stance of jumping on
anything
that could be interpretted as a slight waste.
Which I'm not doing, if that's what you're implying.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Raging Wishbone »

Someone should hammer the scum now, before he makes us waste any more posts on this.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 am

Post by whoami8 »

A&B refuses to claim. We can lynch him now.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:20 am

Post by SensFan »

sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:A&B refuses to claim. We can lynch him now.
Fine, I'll claim.

Compulsive Vig.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:13 am

I think more likely SK, but as long as you kill whoever we tell you to I think we'll be better off keeping you alive for now.

Unvote, vote Zaphod
. Something still feels off to me about DGB's play here, and it's more than being generally bummed.

Note: any player who's next post isn't counterclaiming Sens has effectively said he won't be.

-RR
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

Raging Wishbone wrote:
Unvote, vote Zaphod
. Something still feels off to me about DGB's play here, and it's more than being generally bummed. -RR
It's because of idiotic unsupported votes like yours that I'm "generally bummed" and on my merry way to retiring.

I would be willing to by A&B claim but the reluctance to claim is highly indicative of an anti-town role.

unvote, vote: A&B
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:28 am

Post by SensFan »

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:I would be willing to by A&B claim but the reluctance to claim is highly indicative of an anti-town role.

How is it reluctance when, since I posted my analysis, no player not voting me asked for a claim?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:33 am

This post ^^^

Also, not posting under your hydra name is uber confusing.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:34 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
This post ^^^

Also, not posting under your hydra name is uber confusing.
And when I saw that, I claimed.

And sorry, I'll make an effort to use this account.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:53 am

Post by whoami8 »

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:
Unvote, vote Zaphod
. Something still feels off to me about DGB's play here, and it's more than being generally bummed. -RR
It's because of idiotic unsupported votes like yours that I'm "generally bummed" and on my merry way to retiring.

I would be willing to by A&B claim but the reluctance to claim is highly indicative of an anti-town role.

Posts like these demonstrate the power of the Goofball.

I'm not really comfortable with a probable SK sitting around.

In this set up the town doesn't need to play "control the SK" because our lynches function independent of the action phase cycle, thus they have nothing to offer.

There is no need to leave probable scum around as pets in this set up.
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:21 am

Whether I am Vig or SK, I still provide an extra kill to the Town every cycle.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:41 am

Apples and Banana wrote:Whether I am Vig or SK, I still provide an extra kill to the Town every cycle.
I take this as confirmation that you are a SK.

Hammer please before he kills a townie.
Apples and Banana
Apples and Banana
Townie
Apples and Banana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Apples and Banana wrote:Whether I am Vig or SK, I still provide an extra kill to the Town every cycle.

I've submitted a kill for this cycle anyways. Don't waste any more posts on my wagon, let me help hunt for the actual Scumgroup.
* 2 Apples
* 1 Banana
* LOTS of fun
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:52 am

Post by roflcopter »

hey zaphod why are you ignoring post 41 even after a second request for you to acknowledge it?

i say we pick someone for a+b to kill and then lynch him. my choice for that kill is zaphod.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:55 am

roflcopter wrote:hey zaphod why are you ignoring post 41 even after a second request for you to acknowledge it?

i say we pick someone for a+b to kill and then lynch him. my choice for that kill is zaphod.
Aw, there we go again, I'm scum in every game. You're half the reason why I'm not going to play anymore after I finish my current commitments.

A&B said he already submitted his kill.

I'm happy to be lynched in any game I have the misfortune of having signed up for with you in it.

Don't forget to post under your hydra name next time.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:36 am

Post by whoami8 »

Did you read the post above your's?

Town has near unlimited kills per cycle. We don't need to control a possible SK.

Can someone please hammer already? we're wasting posts here.

"Trotsky" what's your case on Zaphod?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:57 am

Post by populartajo »

Apples and Bananas is SK. He wouldnt bring the possibility of being a SK if he were a vig.

Unvote Vote : Apples and Bananas.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Death the Hogfather
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 11:07 am

Post by Death the Hogfather »

Based on the claim, I would definitely have to agree with tajo. If Sens was a vig, then there's no way he would have admitted the possibility of being SK.

The bit following the claim looks exactly like pandering to the town to keep him alive for at least a while. If he were a vig then he would need to be much more worried about the scum killing him, as SKs are NK immune, but vigs aren't.

Someone hammer the SK please.
'Never say die, master. That's our motto, eh?'
I CAN'T SAY IT'S EVER REALLY BEEN MINE.
-[u]Hogfather[/u]
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Incamnito »

Apples and Banana wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I've submitted a kill for this cycle anyways. Don't waste any more posts on my wagon, let me help hunt for the actual Scumgroup.
Wait...

WHO? Who did you target? Tell us now, and tell us why.

No worry about doctoring:
Saunt Adelaus wrote:just to be clear, Doctors, Mafia Doctors, Mafia Roleblockers, Roleblockers, and Trackers
must
submit a target (via PM to this account) for action phase 1 before the game starts in order to use thier ability during action phase 1. During action phase 1 they will submit their target for action phase 2.
Your action phase 1 kill may or may not be blocked by an action ALREADY SUBMITTED....

So tell us!
CaffieneDeity (1:34:50 AM): (Don't self vote. That's just ridiculous..)
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:43 pm

DGB wrote: It's because of idiotic unsupported votes like yours that I'm "generally bummed" and on my merry way to retiring.
Not that I won't be very sad to see you go, but this has nothing to do with the vote at hand. I see nothing wrong with deciding on a suspect mostly based on gut when we're on page 5 and almost all discussion revolved around one player. And it's not like you're a stranger to "unsupported" votes, either.

------------------------
I was gonna think long and hard about whether it's in our benefit to keep what is basically a claimed SK around for upping the town kills and possibly drawing a kill from scum, then realized they'd never waste a kill on the SK unless they're real morons and that there's no reason to take this sort of risk when we have as many lynches as we want to.

Therefore, hammertime.

Unvote, vote A&B
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I'm sorry I haven't been paying much attention. I'll try tomorrow or I'll need replacery
Incamnito
Incamnito
Townie
Incamnito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Incamnito »

populartajo wrote:Apples and Bananas is SK. He wouldnt bring the possibility of being a SK if he were a vig.

Unvote Vote : Apples and Bananas.
You have to vote under your Hydra!

Also.. APPLES AND BANNANAS!! You are at L-1.
Who did you target, alledgedly?
CaffieneDeity (1:34:50 AM): (Don't self vote. That's just ridiculous..)
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 7:54 am

Post by J-Scope »

Raging Wishbone wrote:I think more likely SK, but as long as you kill whoever we tell you to I think we'll be better off keeping you alive for now.
I think that’s a terrible idea. As long as an SK is alive they will try to win as themselves; they can’t win as town. If you think someone is SK you lynch them: no excuses!
populartajo wrote:Apples and Bananas is SK. He wouldnt bring the possibility of being a SK if he were a vig.
I agree with this point.

So either he kills someone acting very pro-town that is pro-town and we have to kill him later because he's hurting our chances; he kills someone acting anti-town that ends up being pro-town and that's not good because scum have better odds; or he actually manages to find scum and we either risk keeping him and his kill around until the three mafia are found and the game officially ends or the game continues and we have to kill him anyway or risk losing to him. Too many risks that we can avoid now.

And this isn't conclusive but A&B has been at L-1 for a while and no one has been killed to force a lynch with 7 votes. But there could be alot of reasons for that.

I'm ready to hammer.

Incamnito, is there a good reason for us to know who he targeted?
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”