Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Cuttlefish »

On the dawn of the third day (and this time it really is dawn), you notice that there are not one, not two, but three! Three dead bodies on the ground! 'Ah-'ah-'ah.
The first person you see is SharkFinn. His veins are all bulged out, and his suction cups have gross blue rings around them. Which is weird because octopuses don't ever have blue rings on their suction cups. Like, never.

SharkFinn
- Jolly Octopus
[
from buttersafe.com
], One-Shot Messenger - Succumbed to poison night two.

The next terrapin you see on the ground is jindori. He looks like a reptile, but all of you know deep down in your hearts that he is an amphibian. And you enjoy calling him an amphibian BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT HE IS, DAMN IT.
Anyway, being able to breathe in both air and water doesn't seem to have saved him from the same fate as Cojin.

jindori
- Saddest Turtle
[
from buttersafe.com
], Motivating Happy Amphibian - Strangled night two.

The third (and last, if your math is correct) cadaver is GreyICE. Judging by the marks on his feet and hands, you'd say that he was struck by a bolt of lightning. It makes complete sense given the fact that you're in an enclosed building with a roof over your head, if you think about it enough. It must have been quantum lightning.

GreyICE
- Rose
[
from MS Paint Adventures
], Cosmically-Gifted Investigator - Electrocuted night two.

~~~~~~~~~~

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (17)
- Fuzzy Beavers, Magua, tclawren, MagnaofIllusion, Amrun, Magister Ludi, Zyrconium, Empking, Charlie, Raivann, Lady Lambdadelta, Pine, Occult, Surye, Stephoscope, C-Worl, Metro

With 16 players alive, 9 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
07:02
on
April 2nd
. Cutthulhufish is due to arrive at
00:00
on
April 7th
*Cuddle*
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Pine »

Okay, I feel a full claim is appropriate from me now.

I am Dr. Horrible, from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I WAS the Town's Obsessive-Compulsive Perfectionist Poisoner. The flavor states that in the wake of my death ray failing, I discovered a powerful ring to let me take my vengeance. Upon Nobody Special's death, I was informed that because the ring had been destroyed, I had lost that power. My only remaining power is an immunity to the other poisoner(s). Other than that, I'm a Vanilla Townie now.

I was compelled to poison someone every odd-numbered night. It resolves at the dawn of the following odd-numbered day. Until the poison resolves, they are roleblocked. If the power gets redirected, it fails to resolve and I lose the ring. I haven't read Toto, but that's where I think the "Master-Choosing" part of Nobody Special's ability comes in. If I'd lost the ring or died, I'm guessing that he'd choose a new master.

I chose SharkFinn because I did not have any truly strong scumreads that I was confident of, and my minor scumreads were people who were otherwise being productive. So I chose someone who was barely posting and not actually being helpful, hoping to minimize the collateral damage and perhaps take out lurking scum (which I still believe I've done.)

Passive ability: I am immune to the effects of other poisoner(s). Hence why I wasn't surprised to see another poisoner claim, I'd been expecting at least one scum poisoner.

A note about Dr. Horrible, for those of you who haven't seen it. Yes, Dr. Horrible is a villain. But hey, we're all serving Cutthulhufish, right? The thing about Dr. Horrible is that he is a completely INEPT villain, and has the emotions and feelings of a good guy, hence the Town alignment.

I was going to push on jindori some more, as I was firmly convinced of his guilt, but it looks like someone saved me the trouble.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Pine »

Also, Osama Bin Laden was killed by U.S. Special Forces today.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Also, wasn't Grey targeting MoI yesterday?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Magua »

Cuttlefish wrote:
1. Cojin - Jade [from MS Paint Adventures], Cosmically-Gifted Investigator - Strangled night one.
16. jindori - Saddest Turtle [from buttersafe.com], Motivating Happy Amphibian - Strangled night two.

This is the mafia kill. Also there's got to be some effect that's coloring all of the night-kills mafia. Cojin was town, jindori was town.

Cuttlefish wrote:
3. SharkFinn - Jolly Octopus [from buttersafe.com], One-Shot Messenger - Succumbed to poison night two.

Claimed by Pine.

Cuttlefish wrote:
19. vezokpiraka - Seal Clubber [from Kingdom of Loathing], Modified Treasure Hunter Inventor - Pulverized night one.
15. Wild GreyICE - Rose [from MS Paint Adventures], Cosmically-Gifted Investigator - Electrocuted night two.

The idea that "pulverized is Seal Clubber-flavor kill" flavor is great, except that vezokpiraka wasn't any form of killing role, so you can't even say that he got redirected back onto himself.

No "pulverized" kill N2. No "electrocuted" kill N1. Given it's the Seal Clubber who is "pulverized" and the character from software who is "electrocuted", I think these are the same kill -- that the kill flavor is changed to reflect the role of the person being killed. Highly likely that this is a second serial killer.

@tclawren:
Did anyone target you last night?

@Amrun:
Is your PM with Surye still open?
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Cuttlefish wrote:
He looks like a reptile, but all of you know deep down in your hearts that he is an amphibian. And you enjoy calling him an amphibian BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT HE IS, DAMN IT.

MOD WINNING!!!!!
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Surye »

Looks like I was protected...

This lack of alignment information is killing me, it's becoming very difficult to make analysis. How much can we trust the origins of the names?

If we have a town poisoner and a scum poisoner, is the Saddest Turtle really the most likely scum over Dr. Horrible?

And yes, Amrun and I can still communicate via QT.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by C-Worl »

We have no idea if we have a town poisoner. All we know is we had SK poisoner, Jin claimed to be poisoner of sorts, and Pine has claimed to be poisoner. Jin may have been lieing or he may have been telling the truth, hard to tell since you're alive. Pine's claim seems uncalled for. I see no reason why he should have claimed at this point but considering I already claimed I guess I'm not one to judge. I want to know if LLD got that supposed gift that Jin said he gave her.
Show

Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Raivann »

Pine wrote:Okay, I feel a full claim is appropriate from me now.

I am Dr. Horrible, from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I WAS the Town's Obsessive-Compulsive Perfectionist Poisoner. The flavor states that in the wake of my death ray failing, I discovered a powerful ring to let me take my vengeance. Upon Nobody Special's death, I was informed that because the ring had been destroyed, I had lost that power. My only remaining power is an immunity to the other poisoner(s). Other than that, I'm a Vanilla Townie now.

why would a townie lose his powers after a SK died?
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by Pine »

jindori has NOT been shown to be Town, Surye. He wasn't, and I'd like to give whoever killed him a damn medal.

And honestly, I'd have come up with something a little more creative (and not as suspicious) if I were fakeclaiming.

@Raivann: Re-read NS's flip. He was a Combined-Poison-Roleblock
Enabler
. I was, apparently, the one he was enabling.

Bastard mod is bastard.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Raivann »

How was he enabling your role? Your a Poisoner right?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Pine »

Are you really that dense? "Combined Poison Roleblock Enabler" means he was enabling my combined poison roleblock ability. He died, I lost it. I had no idea who he was, what his powers were, or that I was even BEING enabled.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Raivann »

So your a Roleblock Poisoner who gets enabled by a roleblocking poioner enabler? Could NS enable other Roleblock Poisoners?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Pine »

Enabler

Not complicated. But, since it's a bastard mod, there's the added fact that he was a serial killer, and the mechanic for me losing the enabling, and having it go to someone else instead.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Empking »

Pine's claim looks town but my two scumreads are both dead now which is annoying.

Vote: Stephoscope
- Because I have no recollection of him.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:19 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Pine
– Some questions for you regarding your claim –

Was your initial role PM that of the Serial Killer linked Poisioner?
If not what was your initial role?

Pine wrote:And honestly, I'd have come up with something a little more creative (and not as suspicious) if I were fakeclaiming.

WIFOM away …..

--

Magua wrote:Also there's got to be some effect that's coloring all of the night-kills mafia.

Agreed. When I have time I’ll be going back to review who was adamant that both flips from N1 were scum and that there was no possible monkey business.

--

Surye wrote:
This lack of alignment information is killing me, it's becoming very difficult to make analysis. How much can we trust the origins of the names?

It’s bastard Mod. We can put zero faith in the source material to give us alignment cues.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Magua »

Pine wrote:jindori has NOT been shown to be Town, Surye. He wasn't, and I'd like to give whoever killed him a damn medal.

jindori *was* town. He wasn't playing well. He wasn't playing particularly effectively. But he was still town.

NobodySpecial's SK flip (as opposed to mafia) makes me feel slightly better about MagisterLudi after yesterday. More cautious townie rather than defending buddy.

Still have a bad feeling about:
Metro
C-Worl
MagnaofIllusion
Occult

VOTE: Metro
Fuzzy Beavers
Fuzzy Beavers
Goon
Fuzzy Beavers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Fuzzy Beavers »

I'm confused. The N1 poison resolved on D3 Pine?
Fuzzy Beavers
Fuzzy Beavers
Goon
Fuzzy Beavers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Fuzzy Beavers »

Oh sorry just read. Pine you were the poisoner right since D1? And you lost it when NS died. Is this right?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:05 am

Post by Empking »

Magua wrote:
Pine wrote:jindori has NOT been shown to be Town, Surye. He wasn't, and I'd like to give whoever killed him a damn medal.

jindori *was* town. He wasn't playing well. He wasn't playing particularly effectively. But he was still town.

Says you.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Magua »

Empking wrote:
Magua wrote:

Says you.

Yes. You can tell from that part where when you quoted me it says "Magua wrote". That means I said it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Empking wrote:
Magua wrote:

Says you.

So I can count you in one of the following pools Empking?

1. Willfully stupid players who somehow believe all Mafia players have been killed at Night and no Mafia kills have happened and there are no powers at play messing with NK flips.
2. Scum looking to say as many NK and dead players as possible are scum hoping to obscure MYLO/LYLO
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Empking »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Empking wrote:
Magua wrote:

Says you.

So I can count you in one of the following pools Empking?

1. Willfully stupid players who somehow believe all Mafia players have been killed at Night and no Mafia kills have happened and there are no powers at play messing with NK flips.
2. Scum looking to say as many NK and dead players as possible are scum hoping to obscure MYLO/LYLO

No. You can put me as town who thinks that the liar who somehow managed to not get lynched was mafia. If jindori just didn't flip as any alignment would you be going on about how he can't be mafia?

(Grey was pretty clearly the mafia kill over Jindori at any rate.)
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Occult »

I really don't know how Jindori is confirmed town to you, what I see is three dead assholes, two of which acted quite scummy and no confirmation about whether or not they are town or not. I don't think that flat-out assuming that they were town help.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

We are also far from LYLO so let's not add that kinda argument to this cluster-fuck quite yet....

What does interest me is that both of the roles who claimed they could commune QT were killed on the same night and this seems planned out. And we have pine copping to one of those kills and saying that it was b/c he was trying to get rid of a non-poster. This is all good and fine, though, sharkfinn was posting at quite regular intervals, there are most worst non-posters in this game (me yesterday being a prime example) so I don't particularly believe that reasoning. Throw in that unnecessary claim with a clumsy attempt to juggle its flavour to be town (even though in this game the flavour itself should be ignored...) and a blatant WIFOM statement for good measure. MoI does make a decent point that these NKs can't all be scum and I believe its a little coincidental that they both happened to be NKed.

Vote:Pine

I'm also quite interested to hear what tclaw, our resident SK has to say about last night.
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Vote Count 3.1

Stephoscope (1)
- Empking
Metro (1)
- Magua
Pine (1)
- Occult

Not Voting (14)
- Fuzzy Beavers, tclawren, MagnaofIllusion, Amrun, Magister Ludi, Zyrconium, Charlie, Raivann, Lady Lambdadelta, Pine, Surye, Stephoscope, C-Worl, Metro

With 16 players alive, 9 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
07:32
on
April 2nd
. Cutthulhufish is due to arrive at
00:00
on
April 7th
*Cuddle*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”