Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Cuttlefish »

Day Five dawns, and things are getting heated. Cutthulhufish draws a bit nearer, and, as is the case with every morning, more bodies litter the ground.

Raivann's death is the most noticable, if only because there are now three of him. His top half was moved to the center of the room and cut in half again, and his bottom half still lay next to the altar. He managed to survive being chopped in half the first time, but the second time proved fatal.

Raivann
-
Earthworm Jim
[
from Earthworm Jim
], Split-Bodied Short-Lived Reviver - Dim halved night four.
Deja Vecu
-
Earthworm Jim
[
from Earthworm Jim
], Split-Bodied Short-Lived Reviver - Died night four.

Lady Lambdadelta's body lies next to Raivann's torso. The rings around her neck tell of death by strangulation, but the hole in the roof and the fist-mark under her chin both tell of death by uppercutation. HOW DID SHE REALLY DIE? I DON'T KNOW, I'M A CUTTLEFISH NOT A CORONER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Lady Lambadelta
-
Pei-Pei's Mom
[
from Freaky Friday
], Reverse Bus-Driver - Strangled and uppercutted into oblivion night four.

~~~~~~~~~~

Vote Count 5.0

Not Voting (12)
- Magua, tclawren, MagnaofIllusion, Magister Ludi, Zyrconium, Empking, Charlie, Occult, Surye, Stephoscope, C-Worl, pappums rat

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
09:38
on
April 3rd
. Cutthulhufish is due to arrive at
00:00
on
April 7th

tclawren has requested replacement. Please hold. Your call is important to us.
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Wed May 18, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Cuddle*
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:13 am

Post by C-Worl »

Ok, so we had 2 death flavors that were not repeated and then we have "strangled" which has occurred every night, along with "dimhalved" and "uppercutted into oblivion" which have both occurred the last two nights. So we have 11 alive and 3 killers on the loose.

"Strangled" is most likely the mafia since it's been a constant.

Any guesses on "dimhalved" and "uppercutted to oblivion"? Any thoughts that one could be a vig, both could be vigs or both could be other?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Magua »

Strangled

1. Cojin - Jade [from MS Paint Adventures], Cosmically-Gifted Investigator - Strangled night one.
16. jindori - Saddest Turtle [from buttersafe.com], Motivating Happy Amphibian - Strangled night two.
2. Fuzzy Beavers - Kirby [from the Kirby series], Master-Choosing Perfectionist Combined Poison Roleblock Enabler - Strangled night three.
17. Lady Lambdadelta - Pei-Pei's Mom [from Freaky Friday], Reverse Bus-Driver - Strangled and uppercutted into oblivion night four.

These are the mafia kill. These are the people that the mafia was scared of.

Dim Halved

8. Amrun - Urist McNoble [from Dwarf Fortress], Insanity-Influenced Crippling Vanillizing Lesser Voteblocker Roleblocker Suicide Bomber - Dim halved and uppercutted into oblivion night three.
14. Raivann - Earthworm Jim [from Earthworm Jim], Split-Bodied Short-Lived Reviver - Dim halved night four.

It should be obvious that Raivann was not the dim halved killer, despite what certain very vocal players (MagnaofIllusion) were holding to be true.

These kills start Night 3. Serial Killer would start killing immediately; Vigilante might plausibly wait, but no vigilante would be killing Amrun. On the other hand, I can easily see a vigilante killing Raivann. So I don't know what to make of these.

Uppercutted into oblivion

8. Amrun - Urist McNoble [from Dwarf Fortress], Insanity-Influenced Crippling Vanillizing Lesser Voteblocker Roleblocker Suicide Bomber - Dim halved and uppercutted into oblivion night three.
17. Lady Lambdadelta - Pei-Pei's Mom [from Freaky Friday], Reverse Bus-Driver - Strangled and uppercutted into oblivion night four.

These also start Night 3. Odd that both of these are on double kills and always second. Being on both Amrun and LLD, however, there's no chance that this is a vigilante.

But it can't be mafia (why double up on the LLD kill?) or tied to the dim halved killer (why double up on Amrun?). The only thing I can think of is that it could be some form of mafia second-kill that LLD ended up directing onto herself inadvertently.

Character Appropriate Death

19. vezokpiraka - Seal Clubber [from Kingdom of Loathing], Modified Treasure Hunter Inventor - Pulverized night one.
15. Wild GreyICE - Rose [from MS Paint Adventures], Cosmically-Gifted Investigator - Electrocuted night two.

These stop N2, before the dim halved / uppercutted kills start. These can't be from Nobody Special, as he was lynched D2. My pet theory on these is that it has something to do with claiming part of your role -- both vezok and GreyICE did this. However, other people have certainly done this (C-Worl comes to mind) and yet aren't dead, so the theory doesn't hold.

tl; dr: Strangled is mafia. Dim halved *could* *maybe* *possibly* be vig. Uppercutted has hit only strong town players, isn't vig. Role Appropriate Deaths, I just don't even know anymore.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Magua »

Other stuff: $10 says tclawren is replacing out because he received no contracts.

*Really* want to hear something from pappums rat.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Empking »

Strangled is probably Serial Killer.

Vote: Charlie
- Active lurking.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Magua »

There is no way an SK killed jindori.

Just. No way.
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:27 am

Post by C-Worl »

Empking wrote:Strangled is probably Serial Killer.

- Active lurking.

He does that in all his games but,

He needs to die before he can become a liability to town (LyLo situations would be scary with Charlie) I was hoping a vig or something would get him by now but they've completely ignored him. This Janitor of sorts makes it hard to figure out who the scum are.

Why do you think Strangled is SK?
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Empking »

Why do you think Strangled is SK?

Its constant from an anti-town force.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:19 am

Post by pappums rat »

TBH I am kind of glad that Raivann was NK'ed, I would probably have been pushing his lynch today if he hadn't because I thought he was obvscum.

I agree with Magua on the kills, especially the strangled kills. They make sense for the mafia.

Vote:Stephoscope
for active lurking since she replaced in, as well as for implosion, who I found to be scummy as well.

Here are my reads:

Town: Empking, Magua, and tclawren (3rd party, I know, but not scum)
Leaning town: MoI, Occult, Magister Ludi, C-Worl
Scummy: Stephoscope, Charlie, Surye
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:42 am

Post by C-Worl »

pappums rat wrote:TBH I am kind of glad that Raivann was NK'ed, I would probably have been pushing his lynch today if he hadn't because I thought he was obvscum.

I agree with Magua on the kills, especially the strangled kills. They make sense for the mafia.

Vote:Stephoscope
for active lurking since she replaced in, as well as for implosion, who I found to be scummy as well.

Here are my reads:

Town: Empking, Magua, and tclawren (3rd party, I know, but not scum)
Leaning town: MoI, Occult, Magister Ludi, C-Worl
Scummy: Stephoscope, Charlie, Surye

So you're not voting Charlie who fits the active lurking MO more than anyone else bc?
Show

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I knew the lynch at six was coming. I tried my best to call it, but the mod had the thread locked *immediately* after Surye's vote.

Last night I learned how many towns and how many scums are left in the game. Does anyone want to hazard a guess?
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:46 am

Post by pappums rat »

AFAIK Charlie has a reputation for this sort of play, whereas Stephoscope does not. And I am more confident in my scumread on her than I am on Charlie.

P. Edit: No, I would prefer if you would just tell us.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:46 am

Post by C-Worl »

Stephoscope wrote:I knew the lynch at six was coming. I tried my best to call it, but the mod had the thread locked *immediately* after Surye's vote.

Last night I learned how many towns and how many scums are left in the game. Does anyone want to hazard a guess?

3 + 8?
Show

Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
Goon
Cuttlefish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Cuttlefish »

Vote Count 5.1

Charlie (2)
- Empking, C-Worl
Stephoscope (1)
- pappums rat
pappums rat (1)
- Zyrconium

Not Voting (8)
- Magua, tclawren, MagnaofIllusion, Magister Ludi, Charlie, Occult, Surye, Stephoscope

With 11 players alive, 6 votes are required to lynch.

It is currently
09:43
on
April 3rd
. Cutthulhufish is due to arrive at
00:00
on
April 7th

tclawren has requested replacement. Please hold. Your call is important to us.
Last edited by Cuttlefish on Wed May 18, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Cuddle*
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Magua »

Stephoscope wrote:I knew the lynch at six was coming. I tried my best to call it, but the mod had the thread locked *immediately* after Surye's vote.

You knew the lynch was at six. You were on the wagon, and saw Raivann brought up to five. You didn't mention anything, allowed Surye to perform what you knew was a quick hammer...because...?

Stephoscope wrote:Last night I learned how many towns and how many scums are left in the game. Does anyone want to hazard a guess?

7 town, 4 scum.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Magua wrote:

You knew the lynch was at six. You were on the wagon, and saw Raivann brought up to five. You didn't mention anything, allowed Surye to perform what you knew was a quick hammer...because...?

Because I wanted Raivann to be lynched, of course.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by C-Worl »

Stephoscope wrote:

What's the god damn ratio? How many town? How many scum?
Show

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

C-Worl wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:

What's the god damn ratio? How many town? How many scum?

Settle down. I want others to guess. Might prove useful somehow.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Magua, how come you aren't pushing for a pappums rat, (who replaced metro) lynch?

You were so confident and willing to lynch metro who had posted three times this entire game, yet that one message from pappums was enough to make you not want to lynch that slot anymore. I dont think if metro had made that same post, you would of said 'oh I must be wrong...., Let me move my attention elsewhere!'

Convenient voting and play from you yesterday.

Vote: Magua

Steph: 3 scum would be my guess.

Does anyone have a single idea what zyrconium is doing with his votes.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD wrote:Raivann (6) - Magister Ludi, C-Worl, Empking, Stephoscope, Occult, Surye

I’m just leaving this at the top of my post to point out the pool of likely Mafians. Because that Raivann push when Scumoscope was under fire was scummy as all get out. I’d be shocked if less than 2 Mafians were sitting in this pool.

--

VOTE: Stephoscope

Obv vote is obv.

--

@Magua
– I disagree with you and agree with Empking (dear God its the third sign of the Apocalypse) on the kill flavors.

Strangled has to be SK / Vig – it has been consistent every day. I very much think the other varied flavors are the result of multiple Mafians performing the kill

Note that both Dim-halved and Uppercutted both appear N3 after the character appropriate flavors disappear.

--

C-Worl wrote:Vote: Charlie

He needs to die before he can become a liability to town (LyLo situations would be scary with Charlie) I was hoping a vig or something would get him by now but they've completely ignored him. This Janitor of sorts makes it hard to figure out who the scum are.

No way in hell. Sorry, you aren’t going after someone because they might be a liability in LYLO with obv-scum Steph lurking about. We are not policy lynching.

Get your vote in the right place C-Worl.

--

Direct scum claim. No way a Pro-Town player doesn’t mention that there was a reduced lynch threshold.

Stephoscope wrote:Last night I learned how many towns and how many scums are left in the game. Does anyone want to hazard a guess?

So you learned how many Town and how many scums there are. Too bad you didn’t think to include the other known factions like Delusions and Serial Killers in this list.

The answer to your question is … one less Mafian after we lynch your obv-scum self.

Stephoscope wrote:Because I wanted Raivann to be lynched, of course.

No way in HELL Raivann was Mafia after a very likely Mafia kill flavor was used to off him. Of course you wanted him lynched – he isn’t your scum partner.

Further scum claim is further scum claim.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

Everyone get your vote here stat.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you learned how many Town and how many scums there are. Too bad you didn’t think to include the other known factions like Delusions and Serial Killers in this list.

LOL @ you trying too hard. I know the breakdown by alignment.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Stephoscope wrote:

LOL @ you trying too hard. I know the breakdown by alignment.

DERP. Just die scum.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Steph can you explain what you are waiting for by with-holding that information
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Magua »

Magister Ludi wrote:
You were so confident and willing to lynch metro who had posted three times this entire game, yet that one message from pappums was enough to make you not want to lynch that slot anymore. I dont think if metro had made that same post, you would of said 'oh I must be wrong...., Let me move my attention elsewhere!'

Please, enlighten me on where I said I didn't want to lynch pappum rat's slot.

When you've done that (I'll wait), enlighten me on whether you think me being scum makes pappum rat's slot town or scum.

Magister Ludi wrote:Does anyone have a single idea what zyrconium is doing with his votes.

Voting the person he thinks is mafia.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Strangled has to be SK / Vig – it has been consistent every day. I very much think the other varied flavors are the result of multiple Mafians performing the kill

Note that both Dim-halved and Uppercutted both appear N3 after the character appropriate flavors disappear.

So you think that the mafia, with a *factional* kill that is *not* tied to a specific player, have differing kill flavors?

There's got to be some relation between the "character appropriate" kill flavors from vezok and GreyICE disappearing right as "dim halved" and "uppercutted into oblivion" appear. That changing nature seems entirely against a factional kill. I could *easily* see the "character appropriate" kill flavors being SK, except that they stopped *after* Nobody Special got lynched.

As for strangled being SK: No way an SK killed jindori.
As for strangled being vig: No way a vig killed Cojin or Fuzzy Beavers. I mean, look: FB got killed after he outted and lynched a serial killer. No. FB got killed because he was town. jindori was obvtown, too, but an SK would have plenty of better targets than him.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Magua wrote:
So you think that the mafia, with a *factional* kill that is *not* tied to a specific player, have differing kill flavors?

Yup. Absolutely. Mod-Meta indicates this is very likely. Kingdom of Loathing Mafia had a Mafia where each member had their own kill flavor even though they shared a Factional kill.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”