(0)
BigYoshiFan
(0)
Almost50
(0)
JaeReed

Not Voting:
Giovanni il Pellegrino, PeregrineV, Ankamius, BigYoshiFan, Almost50, JaeReed

With 6 votes available, it takes 4 votes to hammer.

Ankamius is V/LA until 1/20.

Day 9 Will End on Saturday, January 28th, at 8 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2017-01-28 20:00:00)

Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10726 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 am

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

In post 10721, PeregrineV wrote:
Actually, your death along with the crumb that has never been is what we are looking for way more than who you followed and where they went.

What made you think Nahdia might be scum performing the kill and not the Jailkeeper she claimed?
Read again. I never said that I suspected Nahdia as scum. I said that Almost50 and JaeReed suspected that Nahdia is scum, so I targeted Nahdia in order to avoid another day of pointless speculation, in addition to them being the only target that could provide a definite result.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10727 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10726, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
In post 10721, PeregrineV wrote:
Actually, your death along with the crumb that has never been is what we are looking for way more than who you followed and where they went.

What made you think Nahdia might be scum performing the kill and not the Jailkeeper she claimed?
Read again. I never said that I suspected Nahdia as scum. I said that Almost50 and JaeReed suspected that Nahdia is scum, so I targeted Nahdia in order to avoid another day of pointless speculation, in addition to them being the only target that could provide a definite result.
Except you claimed weak, which means you could target mafia and give a result of your death, which would in turn allow us to catch an actual mafia player.

Except that had you died, we would have had no result ONCE again, because you left no information on your supposed target.

It's almost as if you don't get your role, like it's not real.....

So, when you explain your actions and results as if you are not a weak follower, it makes it harder to believe you're a weak follower.

Follow me?

Vote: Giovanni
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10728 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

PeregrineV, what are your thoughts on the rest of the game?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10729 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10728, Ankamius wrote:PeregrineV, what are your thoughts on the rest of the game?
The Mathblade lynch was bad. There was no reason to lynch him BEFORE Giovanni.

I'm sure 8 days of vote counts will give more info, but it takes time to pull and look at those.

Otherwise, there are 4 other players, you, JaeReed, Almost50, and Yoshi.

I think JaeReed is the only one with some sort of condtional clear, but I want to review the source again before I just accept it.

You and Almost50 both has fakeclaims which would make it easy to explain why your not the NK. If he strips people of thier powers, I doubt scum want that.

Your claim of hated seems to me to be a shortcut for scum to secure an easy win if they keep you as a scumread until this point in the game. Is anyone scumreading you?

Yoshi-scum won the a recent large we were in together. I don't feel like he is the same here, but I honestly haven't gone back to really compare- there have always been more pressing issues.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10730 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 10729, PeregrineV wrote:Your claim of hated seems to me to be a shortcut for scum to secure an easy win if they keep you as a scumread until this point in the game. Is anyone scumreading you?
This is actually a very interesting point. I don't think anybody is scumreading me right now. Do you have any guesses why?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10731 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Also, I would strongly recommend looking through the vote counts on the day SirCakez was lynched. There's some interesting information there.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10732 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I don't believe Ank is going to be lynched, but if he does it might be in LyLo/MyLo where his hated modifier doesn't work anyway.

Now, how about you guys lynching me already and having JR as (a) confirmed, and (b) unkillable until it IS LyLo/MyLo. It's a much better status to get to than having me widely Town read but short of being confirmed, while the confirmed player is wide open for a NK.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10733 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Almost, are you a jester of sorts?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10734 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:37 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I find it hard to believe that if you're town you'd be pushing for your lynch like this, because no one is suggesting it.
But for that same reason, I find it hard to believe that you're scum.
BUT it ALL makes sense if you're a jester.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10735 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10733, JaeReed wrote:Almost, are you a jester of sorts?
Not at all. If I was I assure you I would have been lynched long ago. I've been offered a chance on a golden plate earlier and all I had to do is go along with Math's plan.

So, the answer is NO. I'm ALL TOWN. I just have this negative utility that turned out to be not-so-negative under the circumstances, and I would like to make use of it. Now if I was confirmed somehow I would have been cruising here and my lynch would have never been brought up ever (at least not by me). But I'm not confirmed (as in MOD-confirmed or mechanically confirmed .. etc) and as the numbers dwindle there's going to be a time when people start second guessing their TR on me, and that isn't good in LyLo.

You -on the other hand- ARE confirmed, and the only way scum are going to get rid of you is by NK, so having MY modifier on you prevents them from killing you before LyLo.

If we both make it to LyLo, it really doesn't matter to Scum. They could just shoot either of us because the game will end instantly and they no longer need to keep their abilities.

Currently we're either 5 vs 1 (most likely in my mind) or 4 vs 2 (MyLo). In the case of MyLo a mislynch loses us the game anyway and m lynch is most anti-town, I see that.

But if we are 5 vs 1 then it does have he benefit of protecting you for tonight and -depending on whether we have a NK or not- maybe take you into a 3-man LyLo where YOU will decide the game outcome.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10736 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10734, BigYoshiFan wrote:I find it hard to believe that if you're town you'd be pushing for your lynch like this, because no one is suggesting it.
But for that same reason, I find it hard to believe that you're scum.
BUT it ALL makes sense if you're a jester.
Read above. We're in a situation where we must be taking chances anyway. If I'm not lynched it would be PV, Ank, Gio or you. I can't see any of those 4 being scum either. Maybe I'm carrying on my initial reads from before the Maxous lynch and that's what is blinding me?

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10737 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10735, Almost50 wrote:But if we are 5 vs 1 then it does have he benefit of protecting you for tonight and -depending on whether we have a NK or not- maybe take you into a 3-man LyLo where YOU will decide the game outcome.
The thing is they can still nightkill me into a 3man lylo because they won't need their abilities anymore.

And I'm not entirely convinced it's not mylo. I'd really prefer if my townread wasn't trying to lynch himself. If you were a jester I'd think about it but since you're not I'd prefer to work with keeping as many of my TRs around as possible.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10738 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, let me try to put myself in Maxous' shoes and see what I can come up with:

Jae Reed: Why would I want to recruit a VT (who wasn't even revealed before Maxous flipped)? JR also got confirmed AFTER the Maxous lynch, so that's one definite clear.

Almost50: I know I'm not a recruit, so that's not an option FOR ME.

Yoshi: A universal 1-shot Doctor (I believe that was also unknown before the Maxous lynch) so that's absurd.

PV: This is subjective.
I
wouldn't have picked him. He was not too active, and his role was unknown. UNLESS Maxous thought PV was a killing role, so that's a 50-50.

Ank: Now there's a perfect recruit. SirCakez did NOT lose his "abilities" so if Ank is recruited he retained his abilities as well. A confirmed killing role is most definitely a good recruit.

Gio: Weak Follower would die if they target scum, but what if they become scum themselves?? They either won't die visiting anyone or they will know whom NOT to target to begin with. Still, he cleared Math among other things, so while he might theoretically look like a plausible recruit his play doesn't point to it. That AND the fact that he could still be shot by Ank.

Based on this (and I would very much welcome any remarks) we could just lynch between PV and Gio and have Ank shoot the other. Tomorrow we lynch Ank if the game isn't already over.

Drawback: No one "knows" I'm Town. Only I do. I don't expect everyone to agree to this proposed course of action, and certainly not the remaining Scum.

I am also working under the assumption there's only one scumster left alive, but even if there are two they'd be withing that trio. We onl lose if we lynch the one Townie in them and then they have a NK going through.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10739 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Almost50: What state do you think I am at right now?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10740 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Alternatively and potentially more relevant, what do you think the relevance of only a single kill last night is?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10741 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10739, Ankamius wrote:Almost50: What state do you think I am at right now?
Well, you didn't hammer anyone of lae, so I'm assuming you're still a vig.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10742 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10740, Ankamius wrote:Alternatively and potentially more relevant, what do you think the relevance of only a single kill last night is?
Again, assuming you didn't shoot, but only because you were not sure whom to shoot.

Like, how am I supposed to know if it's any different when I don't even know what states your role goes through and in what order?

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10743 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 10742, Almost50 wrote:
In post 10740, Ankamius wrote:Alternatively and potentially more relevant, what do you think the relevance of only a single kill last night is?
Again, assuming you didn't shoot, but only because you were not sure whom to shoot.

Like, how am I supposed to know if it's any different when I don't even know what states your role goes through and in what order?
Are you assuming I'm town here? It wouldn't make any sense to not shoot as scum.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10744 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I am. I mean, I proposed lynching in PV/Gio and having you shoot the other, and only lynching you if the game is still ongoing. I'm TRing you alright, but TRing Yoshi more, and there's no question about my alignment or JR's (not to ME, that is).

Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10745 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 am

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

In post 10738, Almost50 wrote:OK, let me try to put myself in Maxous' shoes and see what I can come up with:
My problem with your logic here is that, in your scenario, Maxous picks based on PR strength alone. SirCakez's Inventor was far from a powerful PR compared to others, yet he got chosen. It seems simplistic to pick your cult based on
claimed
PRs alone.

However, even if we go by PRs alone, survivability of a claimed role is another factor to take into account. A vanilla townie would normally be a bad target to cult, but because of that, they have a lower chance to be lynched and nightkilled; A powerful PR not getting nighkilled eventually raises alarms and can be easily lynched, a vanilla townie not so much.

And no, I am not stating that JaeReed might be scum. It was an example.

Except you claimed weak, which means you could target mafia and give a result of your death, which would in turn allow us to catch an actual mafia player.

Except that had you died, we would have had no result ONCE again, because you left no information on your supposed target.

So, when you explain your actions and results as if you are not a weak follower, it makes it harder to believe you're a weak follower.

Follow me?

So far, you have said over and over again how bad I have misplayed the role.

What exactly is scummy in my play other than that?

Also, was I scum from the beginning of the game or did I got culted when Maxous got lynched?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10746 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Can you link me to a game you played that had a Jester in it?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10747 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:29 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10745, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
In post 10738, Almost50 wrote:OK, let me try to put myself in Maxous' shoes and see what I can come up with:
My problem with your logic here is that, in your scenario, Maxous picks based on PR strength alone. SirCakez's Inventor was far from a powerful PR compared to others, yet he got chosen. It seems simplistic to pick your cult based on
claimed
PRs alone.

However, even if we go by PRs alone, survivability of a claimed role is another factor to take into account. A vanilla townie would normally be a bad target to cult, but because of that, they have a lower chance to be lynched and nightkilled; A powerful PR not getting nighkilled eventually raises alarms and can be easily lynched, a vanilla townie not so much.

And no, I am not stating that JaeReed might be scum. It was an example.

Follow me?

So far, you have said over and over again how bad I have misplayed the role.

What exactly is scummy in my play other than that?

Also, was I scum from the beginning of the game or did I got culted when Maxous got lynched?
You misplayed the role 3 times in a row. Both aspects of your claimed role. So 6 times. Even after being called out on it by me the first time.

I don't believe in the Max cult thing, so scum since the beginning.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10748 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10746, PeregrineV wrote:
Can you link me to a game you played that had a Jester in it?
Why?
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10749 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Was your vig phase not 1-shot? Dunno why I assumed it was.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”