Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by JaeReed »

*offers hugs*
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
plantsy
plantsy
Mafia Scum
plantsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:18 pm

Post by plantsy »

Sorry Leonshade I flat out have no time today, I thought I would but between four girlfriends and everything else things have just piled up so the second half is going to have to wait unless I somehow magically find time in like ~3 hours before bed and delay going to sleep. Know that I haven't forgotten you, though.
Твоите лисја, горо сестро, пак ќе ти се вратат. Мојта младост горо ле, сестро, нема да се врати.
plantsy
plantsy
Mafia Scum
plantsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by plantsy »

Also mastina's catchup bled town to the extent that I excitedly spammed "mastina is town" like 30 times in the hydra PT but there *were* a few subtle issues with it that I need pick apart when I have more time on my hands.
Твоите лисја, горо сестро, пак ќе ти се вратат. Мојта младост горо ле, сестро, нема да се врати.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:22 am

Post by Imperium »

I'm kinda amused that one person spouted a theory that none fears death and the gladiate claim is stalling things and people ran with it as gospel. This is how people like Trump get elected people! It's not something that is true in fact or in theory.

The gladiate being out there should have/has had no bearing on how people act. I've seen a gladiate claim out there with intent to gladiate and town go ahead and lynch someone the before the gladiator enacted the gladiate and someone the gladiator had never intended to gladiate.

This game has a stagnation problem because nobody has been driving or leading the game. And that is definitely not our fault; there are enough potential leaders in this game. And this really isn't any different than most games that have been played around here lately.

I'm still skipping Leon's posts and posts about Leon so I can get fully caught up and read him more with care. I'll need to come back to 1764.

Can you prod oversoul, please?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1770, Shiro wrote:
In post 1767, Titus wrote:We need Imperium to pick a lynch or just lynch and move on. Game has needed fear of death for awhile.
In post 1768, JaeReed wrote:
In post 1767, Titus wrote:We need Imperium to pick a lynch or just lynch and move on. Game has needed fear of death for awhile.
Can't stress this enough
This game wont progress unless imperium does their thing which kinda bugs me.Everyone just feels as if nothing really matters and it is kinda true since wagon are useless if the wagonee knows that no Lynch will happen.

Like OK tbh, if you aren't planning to be active don't come early day 1 and hold the game hostage >.>
Like here I think this is the most egregious parrot because it's literally the dumbest.

Nobody is holding the game hostage. People don't plan to not be active, rl happens.

Wagons are extremely useful even, even more, in this situation. There will be a lynch happen; it's just that we'll be choosing who we fight against. What makes you think we wouldn't be taking the wagons that are developing into account? What makes you think that we wouldn't be looking at who people are scum reading so that we can engage that? What makes you think that people who are being scum read wouldn't feel on the hotseat due to them only having one person to fight against if they're chosen?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Heartless »

Since Saturdays do not count toward the prod timer, Oversoul will be eligible for a prod in 13.5 hours.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:32 am

Post by Imperium »

Oh

boo

:(
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Imperium »

Also just want to put this out there that plantsy is rising in my town reads because as I've been reading along there are little things here and there they've said that are thoughts I've had. But that is a dangerous dangerous reason to town read them and it also makes me have little heart palpitations because it's a dangerous reason to town read someone and then I get paranoid they're actually scum and it drops them in the ranks, so my read on them is looking like a little heart monitor thingy going up and down but they're probably just town and I'm probably just being silly. But then if I ruin the chance for in-thread masonry because the "you're thinking like me" tell freaks me out I'll kick myself.

This also is probably a produce of not having a clear scum read I feel great about right now though.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Imperium »

*product
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1928, Imperium wrote:I'm kinda amused that one person spouted a theory that none fears death and the gladiate claim is stalling things and people ran with it as gospel. This is how people like Trump get elected people! It's not something that is true in fact or in theory.

The gladiate being out there should have/has had no bearing on how people act. I've seen a gladiate claim out there with intent to gladiate and town go ahead and lynch someone the before the gladiator enacted the gladiate and someone the gladiator had never intended to gladiate.

This game has a stagnation problem because nobody has been driving or leading the game. And that is definitely not our fault; there are enough potential leaders in this game. And this really isn't any different than most games that have been played around here lately.

I'm still skipping Leon's posts and posts about Leon so I can get fully caught up and read him more with care. I'll need to come back to 1764.

Can you prod oversoul, please?
if it was just gladiate, i wouldn't cared at all, but an investigative ability attached to it is what i rather try to get
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:50 am

Post by Imperium »

Then that should be driving people to be more active and help us ensure a scum lynch today, not make the game stagnant and people not do anything.

I just think it's a lame excuse and people are going with it.
plantsy
plantsy
Mafia Scum
plantsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:53 am

Post by plantsy »

It's okay to be paranoid. It won't ruin the masonry. I think you'll be confident in your read on us within the next week, once you get your footing and let things percolate, but take as much time as you need.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1924, plantsy wrote:The cat is worse today and I'm feeling worse too and I need to disengage for a bit (who knows whether I actually will disengage but I need to.)
I hope you both get better!
plantsy
plantsy
Mafia Scum
plantsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:59 am

Post by plantsy »

Thanks, Tammy. I hope so too.

Also thanks for the hug earlier, Jae.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1898, Imperium wrote:
In post 1523, plantsy wrote:I initially townread both itlepip and Ramcius for the townslips but itlepip overplayed it, and when he was corrected and told that the number of scum were in the OP, he seemed to ignore it and continued to act like we still couldn't know how many scum were alive to the point that it stretched plausibility.
Something I want to come back to or comment on.
This is one of those things that I had been holding on to for quite some pages as I was trying to figure out what I thought of itlpip. Had him as town for the slip, and then liked whoever brought it up and talked about it being a weird avenue for scum to pursue knowing that we weren't in the position he had described. But then it was brought up a couple more times and I started thinking they were overplaying it and that got me concerned about itlpip. I'm not exactly sure what I think about itlpip, but literally nobody else had expressed this exact concern, and I had been looking for how people treated or talked about the slip. The reason why I had posted it and why it mattered to me was because I had seen Ramcius' and town read him for the slip and I wanted to see how the slips were treated and if they were treated differently. I don't remember finding anything.

But, this is also the first time I remember someone expressing my concern.

There are little things like this spread throughout their posting which makes me feel good. both that they're town but also because it means we'll understand each other and be able to work together and that is one of the main things I look for. (The paranoia comes from seeing that tell be the downfall of several people in games.)
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:13 am

Post by Imperium »

I am caught up!

Well for the most part. I still haven't read through Leon, jaereed's posts about leon, or plantsy's big post to/about leon. I want to give a little more care to his posts since he seems to be a decent scum read for quite a few people and a focus for jae and plantsy in particular.

I have some errands to run, so I'll do that later today and will give thoughts then too.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 1929, Imperium wrote:What makes you think we wouldn't be taking the wagons that are developing into account? What makes you think that we wouldn't be looking at who people are scum reading so that we can engage that? What makes you think that people who are being scum read wouldn't feel on the hotseat due to them only having one person to fight against if they're chosen?
Never said you wouldn't

You probably would

Because I am comparing it, to how I feel I would react if I was scum in a situation of a wagon forming on me that I knew is not an actual lynch wagon and all I had to worry about was not getting chosing from any other wagon for the inevitable gladiate.

You will take the two above in consideration but the job of the scum because of what is going on is much better. They will be one of the potentially many that will be wagoned and scumread and all they have to worry baout is appearing better to you instead of the game as a whole.

Tis a much smaller worry thus renders the people calmer and thus less likely to make mistakes.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1941, Shiro wrote:hey will be one of the potentially many that will be wagoned and scumread and all they have to worry baout is appearing better to you instead of the game as a whole.
This is what I'm interested in. Because my thought was that it could have the potential effect of lighting a fire under scum's ass so as not to be picked. Do you see anybody doing this?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Imperium »

But anybody operating under the assumption that we wouldn't be reading the game, how people interacted with their suspects, and what people's suspicions were as we choose our gladiate is sorely misguided.

People are offering a cause for an effect that has no basis in reality.
plantsy
plantsy
Mafia Scum
plantsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:27 am

Post by plantsy »

I'm glad to see you caught up Tammy. (Well, mostly caught up.) I'm not sure where my read of Leonshade is right now (this is nancy) but it's somewhere below null and somewhere above the bottom, I think. I wanted to finish his ISO today but I didn't manage to find the time so it will have to wait. There was a little burst of activity from him that Plotinus and I both liked because it finally felt like he had some energy and life to him, but I need to go over those posts more carefully because now he seems to just be back to the flat Leonshade that I saw before. I haven't talked with Plotinus about that just yet, so that will also be helpful when I can do that. But it's not the hard scumread that it was before for me.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1941, Shiro wrote:Because I am comparing it, to how I feel I would react if I was scum in a situation of a wagon forming on me that I knew is not an actual lynch wagon and all I had to worry about was not getting chosing from any other wagon for the inevitable gladiate.
And this can serve as a response to the general concern surrounding this, but two significant points that make anyone who feel that there can't be pressure because gladiate. 1) Town should never be driven by one player; even though we're the people submitting the action that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be pressuring us to gladiate your scum suspects - making someone a lynch wagon makes them a top priority for focus for us and if someone is very strongly suspected then we need to know that and we need to take care of them today via lynch or gladiate. Secondly, while I would very much like to gladiate today, there's no reason why we
need
to gladiate today as it's suboptimal play to use our gladiate to flail into the wind which means that if town isn't forming wagons they expect will end in death then we're forced into gladiating and that's a hot pile of garbage.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:27 am

Post by Imperium »

In other words, I don't disagree that our announcement that we are gladiating today could have fucked things up pace wise but it's not our responsibility to keep the town on pace; people who are treating it as an excuse to let us decide the lynch for today are playing wrong.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1915, plantsy wrote:
In post 1879, plantsy wrote:but I'm scared to jinx it
Ffs
The first person I am going to ISO is MaxwellPuckett based on the 6 person wagon on him that apparently fell apart; Tammy wants me to read through Leonshade so I'll do that too but I probably won't start actually reading through the game until tomorrow (stayed late at work & going in early tomorrow and so my window of time to work with is small). If you're around and want to interact in the meantime I'm more than happy to multitask but otherwise I'll be grinding away on ISOs.
plantsy
plantsy
Mafia Scum
plantsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:47 am

Post by plantsy »

In post 1947, Imperium wrote:
In post 1915, plantsy wrote:
In post 1879, plantsy wrote:but I'm scared to jinx it
Ffs
The first person I am going to ISO is MaxwellPuckett based on the 6 person wagon on him that apparently fell apart; Tammy wants me to read through Leonshade so I'll do that too but I probably won't start actually reading through the game until tomorrow (stayed late at work & going in early tomorrow and so my window of time to work with is small). If you're around and want to interact in the meantime I'm more than happy to multitask but otherwise I'll be grinding away on ISOs.
I went to bed almost two hours ago but sleep isn't happening. I can't stay up too late because I have to go to the vet in the morning but I'm here and it's good to see you, friend.

I think Max is a good place to start. I think there were some posts of theirs that we liked tonally but there was a lot of emptiness too.

Do iso maps help you on day 1, or do they help you more later on? We don't have a Max one yet but we have a few for some others.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Imperium »

The longer the game goes on the more likely iso maps are likely to give me information I feel good about but they're helpful early on as long as players are fairly active.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”