41. votecount 4.04 not found
  42. votecount 4.05
  43. end of day 4/votecount 4.06
  44. beginning of day 5/votecount 5.01
  45. votecount 5.02
  46. end of day 5/votecount 5.03
  47. beginning of day 6/votecount 6.01
  48. game over/votecount 6.02
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 30 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

Spoiler: pregame rules
here are some rules to guide you during the pregame,
but please note that the precise rules for the game itself can't be finalized until the game actually starts, and that some of the rules below may change slightly!

1. obey all site rules. you can read the site rules here.
  2. do not discuss the game in any capacity outside of this game thread.
  3. do not harass other players in this game. while a certain level of confrontation and argumentation is to be expected in the game itself, don't bring personal vendettas into the game or intentionally try to harm any player.
  4. as soon as this thread opens, you must PM me 4 questions which will appear on the questionnaire. at least 1 of those questions must be about the game, and at least 1 must be about a non-game topic. you are free to discuss the questions you send in this thread, though note that the possibility exists that this will confer a strategic advantage to other players once the game begins.
  5. note that anything that isn't covered by the questionnaire is up to me. that means, for instance, that if no one submits a question about how long deadlines should be, I get to decide how long they are, and I can even change my mind about that partway through the game; I will do my best to make this a fun experience, but if there's something that you would find particularly unfun, be sure to include that as one of your questions. of course, if there's no clear consensus on a particular issue, or if the answers to two questions are in conflict with each other, it will be up to me, but in general, if it's an issue covered by the questionnaire, I will do my best to have the game follow the results.
  6. you may have at most one non-multiple choice question among the questions you send. please be courteous to your other players and don't intentionally ask questions designed to require lengthy, complex responses. do not include anything like "other (explain your answer)" in multiple choice questions.
  7. if two or more players send nearly identical questions, I will collapse them into a single question. for instance, if one player submits "do you prefer dogs or cats?" and another player submits "do you prefer dogs, cats, or fish?" I will only include the latter question in the questionnaire.
  8. once the questionnaire is produced, you will receive a PM with a unique 4-letter string (example: ABCD) randomly generated using this webpage and a link to the questionnaire. you will need to enter the 4-letter string and your username to complete this questionnaire. please do so as soon as possible. failure to complete your questionnaire in a reasonable amount of time may result in your answers not being used; I will post in this thread if I need to impose a deadline for completing the questionnaire.
  9. you may discuss your responses to the questionnaire in this thread if you choose to do so, though note that the possibility exists that this will confer a strategic advantage to other players once the game begins.
  10. once everyone has completed their questionnaire, I will begin work on putting together a setup based on the responses I've received. once that is complete, I will send you a PM with a role. you will need to respond to this PM with a brief explanation of what your role is to confirm that you have read it.
  11. do not use the color #8C0000.
  12. if you will be away from the site for a significant period of time, please do the following: first, update your "Vacation / Limited Access" info in the User Control Panel; second, PM me to let me know that you'll be V/LA; and third, post in the thread to let the other players know that you'll be V/LA. if the thread is locked, I will let the other players know that you are away when the thread becomes unlocked. if you will be regularly away for specific time periods (for instance, during the weekend), you only need to post that and PM me once, but please clearly state that this will be ongoing when you do so.
  13. I will not edit your posts unless your post breaks the rules in such a way that information needs to be removed from it or quotes a post that does that, or you ask me to edit it to fix a broken tag. I will provide a brief explanation of the edit and, in cases of fixing broken tags, will end the post with a spoiler containing the complete original text of the post.
  14. I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time if necessary. in particular, I'll be adding additional rules once setup creation happens for things such as how voting and deadlines work.

1. site rules:

2. obey all site rules. you can read the site rules here.
  3. do not discuss the game in any capacity outside of this game thread unless your role gives you explicit permission to do so. if you are allowed to do so, I will provide you with a private topic where you can do so.
  4. do not harass other players in this game. while a certain level of confrontation and argumentation is typical in Mafia games, do not bring personal vendettas or outside influences into the game. additionally, do not harm or threaten to harm any person.
    game conduct:

5. you may discuss the questions you submitted to the questionnaire and your responses to the questionnaire in this thread if you choose to do so.
  6. play to win. there is a chance that you will lose the game, but do your best to avoid that, and do not deliberately throw the game.
  7. do not use the color #8C0000.
  8. do not use any sort of cryptography, hidden text, or other similar methods to hide information in the game thread unless your role explicitly states that you may do so. if you are unsure of what is not allowed, PM me for clarification.
  9. do not quote any private correspondence you receive from me in the game thread unless your role explicitly states that you may do so.
    joining the game, leaving the game, and activity:

10. you should have received a PM with a role from me when the game began or when you replaced in. please respond to this PM with a message that includes your alignment and a brief summary of your role. if you have any questions about how your role works or you need a new copy of your role PM, please PM me.
  11. if you will be away from the site for a set period of time, please post in the thread letting the other players know this and PM me, and update the "Vacation / Limited Access" info in the User Control Panel. I will be more lenient regarding inactivity if you are V/LA, but I may need to replace you if you will be gone for an extended period of time. if you are regularly V/LA at certain times (such as during the weekend), you only need to do this once.
  12. if you need to be replaced for any reason, you may message me with information to be passed on to the player who replaces you. this isn't mandatory, but if there's strategic advice you'd like to offer to whomever replaces you, you can do this.
    gameplay:

13. the first day will last 1 week, and each subsequent day will last 2 weeks. each night will last 72 hours, though it might take me a bit longer than that to start the day. if you wish to end the night more quickly, send me a PM letting me know that, and once 3 people have done so, I'll send out a PM to everyone else letting them know that there is interest in doing that.
  14. to vote, use bold text with the word "vote" followed by a colon and the username of the player you wish to vote for, or use the vote tag with the username of the player you wish to vote for inside. you do not need to unvote before voting for another player. please use the complete username of the person you're voting for to avoid any ambiguity.
  15. a lynch will occur once the majority number of votes are for a player, and no lynch will occur if either the majority number of votes are for no lynch or the deadline for the day passes.
  16. each night, each player may use one factional ability and one non-factional ability.
    moderator responsibilities:

17. I will not edit your posts unless your post breaks the rules in such a way that information needs to be removed from it or quotes a post that does that, or you ask me to edit it to fix a broken tag. I will provide a brief explanation of the edit and, in cases of fixing broken tags, will end the post with a spoiler containing the complete original text of the post.
  18. if you have a pronoun listed on your account, I will use that to refer to you. otherwise, I will default to referring to you as "they"/"them". if you do not have a pronoun listed on your account but wish for me to refer to you using some other pronoun, message me to let me know.
  19. I will do my best to keep the game running as smoothly as possible, but there will be times when I'm not around. I should be able to update the game at least once a day, and I will let you know if I believe that might change.
  20. I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time if necessary.
  21. thanks for vibing and keeping it tight. if you need me, I'm on my mobile.
Last edited by xyzzy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

sedrfthgyjkhulij;okjihuyukcdrjftkguihojihmxg
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by Mulch »

This is strange game game
Amrock#3784
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I will not be disclosing any questions I submit

and to re-iterate from the signup thread

I will not be divulging any of my answers to the questions

I almost reduced my influence number to get a lower average, damnit, I knew I should have - 4 is fucking nuts

BUTHEYLETSHAVEFUNOKAYALISAE?
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

ftr I hold it against mel brooks for never making that sequel!!
balance among all things
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by xyzzy »

there's a lot of sources saying that there's a strong possibility that it'll happen soon because the sequels have increased interest in
Star Wars
-related content in general!!! don't lose hope!
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 3, Mulch wrote:This is strange game game
you should definitely check out the first
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 6, xyzzy wrote:there's a lot of sources saying that there's a strong possibility that it'll happen soon because the sequels have increased interest in
Star Wars
-related content in general!!! don't lose hope!
John Candy is dead
balance among all things
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by xyzzy »

yeah, and so is George Carlin, but I haven't lost hope for
Bill and Ted 3
!!!
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

Bill & Ted's Righteous Excursion
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

@xyzzy - which way would you have rounded if the average came to exactly .5 of any number (2.5, 3.5, 4.5) do you round up or down?!
balance among all things
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

The universe would explode
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 11, drealmerz7 wrote:
@xyzzy - which way would you have rounded if the average came to exactly .5 of any number (2.5, 3.5, 4.5) do you round up or down?!
2.5 gets rounded up to 3. that's the most common way, but maybe I should've specified!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 4, drealmerz7 wrote:BUTHEYLETSHAVEFUNOKAYALISAE?
<3
GTKAS
| here.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I WILL SAY:

I'm loving these questions I'm coming up with!! BOOYA
balance among all things
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

Will send my questions either late tonight or tomorrow. Keeping my answers to myself as well
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

guys i rolled town btw do you believe me
GTKAS
| here.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

yes

VOTE: alisae
balance among all things
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Ginngie »

hue hue hue
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

You haven't turned questions in yet?
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

I think my first question will be:

How many roles/modifiers should be in the game?
A. Normal amount
B. Role Madness
C. Odd Loved lovers with "player" Busdriver/Even Hated Bullet Proof Role Cop Miller would be something that qualifies as enough roles/modifiers.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think my first question is "do you want to play mafia?"
or
"do you want Vax to die as soon as day 1 starts"
those are always fun questions :P
GTKAS
| here.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

Any misuse of pronouns is modkill
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Do you want Vax to have a dayvig?
Yes or No
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”