Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Ginngie »

Forty-ninth Votecount
:
(Second Votecount D3)

Theta Alpine - 4 (grapes,
mastina
, Radiant Moonlight, camn, Smocaine)

Radiant Moonlight - 2 (Mathblade, Toranaga)

grapes - 1 (Kise)
Smocaine - 1 (Theta Alpine)
Toranaga - 1 (Not_Mafia)

Not Voting - 4 (UnaBombaH, Ghostlin, Aronis, Stalfos)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

At deadline,
Theta Alpine
would be lynched.

Day Three's deadline is Friday, December 8th, @ 12:15 AM PST, which is in: (expired on 2017-12-08 04:16:16).

dab on'em
Last edited by Ginngie on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by camn »

In post 2520, Toranaga wrote:these edits are ridiculous jfc

why would anyone want to play this lol
Exactly.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9762041#p9762041]post 2551[/url], Radiant Moonlight wrote:
In post 2543, Toranaga wrote:
In post 2410, Radiant Moonlight wrote:jk

VOTE: Kise

Inno Aronis, guilty Kise.

Theta's probably also scum but I want to be kept alive tonight.
you either hardclaim or hard unclaim. your 'cop cover' absolutely needs to be resolved this gameday.
So:

1) I wasn't actually claiming cop. I was planning to guilty him to get reactions and hopefully lynch him but I had mixed feelings about it so I gave it up.
2) Why do you say waiting for Kise to counterclaim me? Why do you expect Kise to counterclaim me? Perhaps if he's scum you would expect him to CC but if he's town like you should think then why?
good, hard unclaim it is. if you were hardclaiming, we'd necessarily have to lynch inside you or kise, so he'd need to claim whatever role he is. 'counterclaiming' isn't the proper wording as there isn't necessarily a living cop ITG after the gunsmith and neapolitan already flipped. I played too many vanillas.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by Kise »

In post 2547, Toranaga wrote:aronis;RM;grapes;no_mafia

too obvious to be true
im fine with the first 3

grapes jailkeep is the mafia's protection against the vig, otherwise they'd possibly get rolled by being lynched, vigged, lynched and vigged again for a d2 town sweep

maybe they have a bulletproof too - they DEFINITELY could use a blocker versus the known town power roles
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Post by Smocaine »

Kise you really need to explain why you explicitly called for the no vigging of grapes into calling him scum based on spec.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Post by Kise »

IIRC he called grapes confirmed scum. He could have had a [day] cop or something similar to Neapolitan that informed him DS didn't have the power he claimed.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Post by Kise »

or tracker/watcher who knew DS didn't target whoever DS claimed he tageted (i forget who)

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Post by Kise »

In post 2429, Kise wrote:And despite having 3 scumreads and a long ass night phase, grapes doesn't target anyone.

Yet…
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Post by camn »

Hm. You are making me rethink my townread.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by camn »

But...surely scum fakeclaims better than that, right?

I forgot?

That's too scummy to be scum
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Zzzzzzzz this bickering
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

You mean grapes is likely lying?

*Gasp* Who could have told you that?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9762753#p9762753]post 2563[/url], Toranaga wrote:
In post 2267, grapes wrote:Morning everyone. I have good news and bad news.

Bad news first is that there isn't much time left in the day and we may end up with a no lynch which... lolfuckthisgamesohard.

The good news is that
diamondsentinal is confirmed scum.

Please vote him in your next post.
when grapes made this post, aronis had 5 votes on him while diamond had 6. the only reason scum!grapes has for pushing this mislynch is if aronis is scum. if aronis is town, grapes' play makes no sense as scum. if we are sure grapes is scum, we should flip aronis first on the off chance grapes is indeed town jailkeeper.
Yes it does. Diamond Sentinel is a confirmed PR. Grapes could have easily torpedoed himself in order to take it out. Those types of strategic plays generally work out pretty well because people assign their own biases to why a player would do something versus reality.

It's why Theta is most likely Town. People have assigned the bias of lurker not get lynched therefore scummy MsScumster.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:51 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Just to clear my own thoughts: I'm currently seeing town!Toranaga, and I actually like his analysis on wagons at post # (see above).

In the scenario of scum!Toranaga, I'd say he has nothing to do with grapes/aronis - I don't see the reasoning behind that post if there were to be a hidden connection with either.

So are we willing to lynch a claimed PR, or should we go with the alternative route? :]
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:31 am

Post by Radiant Moonlight »

In post 2553, Toranaga wrote:good, hard unclaim it is. if you were hardclaiming, we'd necessarily have to lynch inside you or kise, so he'd need to claim whatever role he is. 'counterclaiming' isn't the proper wording as there isn't necessarily a living cop ITG after the gunsmith and neapolitan already flipped. I played too many vanillas.
Felt like you were trying to set up the possibility of that being a counterclaim in advance if I doubled down.
Not_Mafia is pretty stale but I didn't think scum him would go as berserk on Hebichan as he did. He's a pretty bad scum player. I could tentatively see him as scum in spite of it but there's much wosre slots.
Aronis has been obvtown at several points in the game and the fact that there's people trying to push on him suggests that scum need him as a mislynch because I can't see that as town motivated.
I would almost want to burden of proficiency you and say that you wouldn't actually scumread him but my experience is that people from MU probably would scumread him; not that that makes you town.
m fine with the first 3

grapes jailkeep is the mafia's protection against the vig, otherwise they'd possibly get rolled by being lynched, vigged, lynched and vigged again for a d2 town sweep

maybe they have a bulletproof too - they DEFINITELY could use a blocker versus the known town power roles
Find it odd taht Not_Mafia is the one of those four that you're least comfortable in because that's the one I am least sure of.
In post 2560, Kise wrote:
In post 2429, Kise wrote:And despite having 3 scumreads and a long ass night phase, grapes doesn't target anyone.
So I am going to respond to this as if it's in good faith (which I doubt) because I think this should be shut down right now.
This is essentially meaningless: if he was scum who didn't have that power he simply could have claimed a random investigation and been okayed the vast majority of the time.
Especially if you think that he's scum with me I would never tell him to claim a no result and I don't think that he would claim that as scum.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9762753#p9762753]post 2563[/url], Toranaga wrote:
In post 2267, grapes wrote:Morning everyone. I have good news and bad news.

Bad news first is that there isn't much time left in the day and we may end up with a no lynch which... lolfuckthisgamesohard.

The good news is that
diamondsentinal is confirmed scum.

Please vote him in your next post.
when grapes made this post, aronis had 5 votes on him while diamond had 6. the only reason scum!grapes has for pushing this mislynch is if aronis is scum. if aronis is town, grapes' play makes no sense as scum. if we are sure grapes is scum, we should flip aronis first on the off chance grapes is indeed town jailkeeper.
Or they could just both be town. Why do you think that scum would have been so scared of the prospect of Aronis's lynch that they would be willing to sacrifice another to defend him?
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 am

In post 2567, UnaBombaH wrote:Just to clear my own thoughts: I'm currently seeing town!Toranaga, and I actually like his analysis on wagons at post # (see above).

In the scenario of scum!Toranaga, I'd say he has nothing to do with grapes/aronis - I don't see the reasoning behind that post if there were to be a hidden connection with either.

So are we willing to lynch a claimed PR, or should we go with the alternative route? :]
I would expect you to have a read here and not be looking for a shepherd onto any of the wagons. I'm not letting Grapes or Aronis get lynched, so there's that.
Radiant Moonlight
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Radiant Moonlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 am

Besides Smococaine, everyone who has posted anything substanstive on this page is either someone in strong contention for scum or Mathblade who is just bad.

That leaves a shitload of townies not playing the game. I would still like to win this game so please play the game you signed up for.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Smocaine »

You scumreading tor for his Aronis read?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

You guys all remember this game is bastard, right? Look me in the eyes and tell me that bastard mod mastina wouldn't put the same role in the same role in this game twice as Town just so we'd get fucking stuck right here.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Smocaine »

You tell me Grapes wouldn't have thought of that, like every other player has.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Well, yes. And while I know WIFOM is the standard drink of mafia games, I don't think we should use grapes claim information as the entire basis for an lynch and I'm seeing a lot of that.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Stalfos
Stalfos
Goon
Stalfos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Stalfos »

In post 2494, Radiant Moonlight wrote:
In post 2491, Stalfos wrote:Think I'm interested in Theta, Toranaga, Una, RM for today.

Tor, I'd really like your thoughts, as a fresh pair of eyes.
Why are you scumreading us?
Assuming I'm talking to RC here?
Mostly on reflection from Day 1, and mostly you because I don't think there's been a whole lot from Titus. You went full tilt against Mulch
immediately
, making excessive demands like "never scumread me again or I'll policy you" and "why are you singling me out" when he asked you fairly reasonable questions. You've come across strangely aggressive much more than you seem like you've been trying to solve.

The thing with Mulch also doesn't seem like a fight you'd have gotten involved in if you were town, particularly now he's confirmed town, because the main effect was to clog up the already confusing thread and reduce the ability of the rest of town to keep invested. I know why our slot pushed him, but it looks like your foundation there is pretty flimsy on inspection. You appear to have been scumreading him for needlessly antagonising you but it really doesn't look like he was. Most of that was coming from you.

UnaBombaH wrote:Just to clear my own thoughts: I'm currently seeing town!Toranaga, and I actually like his analysis on wagons at post # (see above).

Una, still doesn't make any sense to me. You were using the fact that Diamond was not yet lynched as evidence for him being scum, which is kind of bad because it seems you could use it to scumread literally any of the wagons that exist that haven't made it to lynch. What was the specific resistance you were seeing?

What is your ideal alternative route, and what do you think of Aronis now?

-Key
Hydra of Prism and Keychain.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by Smocaine »

without meta, is rm scum?
Stalfos
Stalfos
Goon
Stalfos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Stalfos »

"without meta"
That wasn't a meta read. If it wasn't clear, I'm thinking yes.

I'm not voting anyone right now, am I?

VOTE: Radiant Moonlight
Hydra of Prism and Keychain.
Smocaine
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Smocaine
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by Smocaine »

ok I read it like that, so.. and your thoughts on tor since he took over the mm4 slot?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”