The Fourth Fortnight (Winner Announced!)

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Alisae »

BTW I think tsq is obvscumming now
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1068, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: Alisae
Hey
did you learn ANYTHING from the clusterfuck you replaced out of known as Civ mafia where the WHOLE town decided to wagon town because scumfucks weren't posting?
No
I really don't fucking think so if you are A. Voting me and B. think this:
In post 1071, Spiffeh wrote:Ugh randomidget is gonna flea and then I have to actually THINK about who is the remaining scum

Can we please flash wagon him that would be nice
Because guess what
random
is probably not scum.
Why?
Because he along with me and sleepy are those lynches that are like
"Yeah, I guess we'll just lynch those."

Hey
news flash

those NEVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
flip fucking scum.
In post 1072, implosion wrote:VOTE: alisae
Aren't you the guy that ALWAYS says "I will be impressed if Alisae is scum here?"
This isn't how I play as scum. (Well, this isn't my norm as scum).
Anyone here who has played with scum me, can tell you this.
As scum, I actually show CONFIDENCE, and I have a presence.
Anyone here who has or reads scumgames of mine, can guess what, tell you this.

Now
the reason why I don't have any strong reads right now is
I don't have any strong feelings about who is scum
I just don't get them from who was currently posting
UNTIL
Shea started posting and pushing this halfassed meta read.
And Spiffeh I lost convincition in pushing once I started interacting with him.

First
In post 881, Thestatusquo wrote:Ok, fully caught up. Here is some thoughts on every player. I don't usually do this but theres a couple exercises I want to do here and we only have one day so I want my thoughts to be laid out as completely as possible.

SleepyKrew
- I could see SKscum. I just see no genuine interest in finding scum. In my previous town interactions with SK he has been at least theoretically invested in figuring out who the scum are, and I just don't see that here. He's lurking but not really lurking. Which might be the zone I would expect scum to be in.
Gorkington
- Keely is really trying to puzzle out the came. He is in the zone where I would expect scum post counts to be in, but is not posting in the way I expect scum to post. Solid town read. I know you gave homework for me, but catching up after not posting for 48 hours and being stranded in WVa is a higher priority to that.
Quilford
- I honestly don't know.
Ramcius
- Could be scum. So cheeky though. Post count in the right zone. Posts nonsense.
KidAmn
- No real reads here. Pretty much exactly the kind of post count I would expect scum to have.
Chevre
- Chevre seems super sincere here. Post count right where I would expect scum to be. Lean town.
Errantparabola
- EPs play here is very consistent with EP town play that I have seen from metating them before. Posts in the right zone for scum.
randomidget
- Need to do Gorks HW to compartmentalize my reads on RM. Posts not in the right zone for scum.
ActionDan
- Not much to go off of here, but posts not in the right zone for scum.
Untrod Tripod
- Posts in the right zone for scum and seems to be actively avoiding playing the game. Quils analysis on him suggests that this should NOT be the case with scumUT and frankly my experience playing with scum UT mirrors quils, which is part of why I thought that point was as strong as it was when he made it. I just don't think this is UTs scum game.
Ellibereth
- Posts in just the right zone for scum. I think that Ellibereth has done a lot of useless theory crafting this game and not really a whole lot of trying to figure out who the scum is. If you read his iso you find a lot of stuff that you'd never be able to read for alignment, but is related to the game in a theory sense. I know that implosion town read me for this, but I don't share the same thought. I think that scum would be perfectly content to talk theory especially if the theory they were espousing was not the one they would take. If Elli flips scum we can pretty much guarantee his partner is not a lurker.
Bins
- Posts not in the zone for scum, appears to genuinely not be playing the game. Also seems to genuinely not care if they get lynched either. Lean town.
Spiffeh
- Posts in the zone for scum. This read seems to have changed the most during my reread. In a period where there was stagnation, there's just no motivation for spiffeh to play the way they have if they're scum. They are really engaged with trying to find the scum it looks like, and this is hard to fake. I find scum questions about others points are often tinged with either trying to egg them to a conclusion or create subtle discredits for the points, whereas spiffeh seems to genuinely trying to find the answers to the game. Hard town read.
implosion
- Inside the range for scum. I think Implosions arguments tend to be focused on hyper specific parts of the game, and I don't think that he seems all that interested on whats going on outside of those parts. Lean scum.
Realeo
- Posts outside the range I would expect for scum. Not many other thoughts.
Alisae
- Posts inside the range I would expect from scum. Also just normal for allisae of any alignment? People can correct me if that is wrong. I just think that allisae is posting lots but saying little. I don't think they care who is lynched. I think that they tend to be steering discussion in non-productive directions. I think the last push on spiffeh was completely non-town, because I just don't see how a town player could expect that post to lead to good outcomes from town. Its kind of like allisae said to themselves "I would be tunneling someone at this point as scum I need to play to that meta but it can't be a wagon or someone will shoot me when they flip town." and just parked their vote in a safe place. I'm hugely not a fan.

A couple of tertiary points, I wanted to see if limited out the super lurkers would be helpful to me, and by and large its not. If we expect lurkers to not be the scum because of the risk of being shot, that doesn't do a whole lot for us.

If I had to guess I would expect our scum to be in the group of (allisae, implosion, elli, ram, SK).

If a lurker flees we can fully eliminate all other lurkers from our reads. I think the main thing scum are likely to do is post middling count but that could go out the window if one of the scum is allisae who posts high regardless.

I'm going to VOTE: ellibereth for now and see where this takes me.
Actually read this post
its shit
0 analysis in this.
A bunch of information
And if you think I'm "Keeping my options open."
Look at this fucking post.
Because this is exactly what keeping your options fucking looks like.
There is NOTHING of value in this post you can get from it, and it is easily fakable as scum.

Now the way Shea is pushing Eli looks like how I push my scumreads.
I don't like to talk about why they are scum. They just are scum.
I mean hey its less work that you have to fabricate or look like you're doing.

Then look how he pulls out of his Eli push
In post 1034, Thestatusquo wrote:
Dan is town.
I read his scum games and his town games and honestly this game sort of follows dans pattern when town and he doesn't have any reads. He tends to just coast into the later game and try to catch people. When he is not feeling it, he doesn't post, unless there is memeing going on, which there is not this game. In his scum games that I read he at least faked it to a small degree. He has not done that here.
Elli is town.
This is just not his scum game. He actually, on reread, does seem invested in finding the scum in this game. I went back and read quite a few of his scum games and hes just not like that as scum, especially on d1. Caveat here is that this game is a bit unique and this meta is old, but I am pretty comfortable with this read.
Shea is town.
Obv Obv.

More to come! I'm going to be MIA this weekend and I want to place a vote with confidence and stuff for people to read to get off this kind of ridiculous sk wagon.
Hint: It looks REALLY fucking scummy and faked.
Like this does not look like town re-evaluating.
It just doesn't.
In post 1036, Thestatusquo wrote:Alisae could be scum. The way they're playing this game is drastically different from their town game. I know they've already admitted as much if you read back in their meta, and there are a couple of examples of them saying things like "no it makes sense that you've been scum reading me. Here's the thing, though: It's not just a lack of reads or pushes that's different, its the whole way in which they're approaching the other players in this game. The alisae town games I read showcase the same questioning attitude I see in this game, but more than slightly different. In those games they seem to be trying to pick apart others reasons and either reject them (read them from scum or as null) or incorporate them into their own. Here Alisae is asking a lot of questions but they don't seem to be doing anything with the answers, so to speak. Just read the iso (I know, I know, it's a lot.) Almost all of the posts are interacting with another person, and a huge percentage of them are asking questions (this is consistent with the alisae town games I read) but then the answers just...don't go anywhere in terms of reads or thoughts. It's like they're trying to force people to answer questions about the game to be involved in the game but doesn't really care. Then we get a spiffeh push from them which is just out of left field, seems to be way less than some other things going on, and just seems kind of pointless. They make a couple of half hearted attempts to keep pushing that wagon but eventually just go back to this nonsense questioning style. I don't like it. I don't think it's alisae's town game.
Yeah, I said that this isn't how I play as town.
HOWEVER
Is this how I play as scum?
Because it isn't.
I KNOW you are reading and analyzing other people's scumgames.
So why aren't you saying you did so here (assuming you did)?
This looks EXTREMELY disingenuous and does not come across as you genuinely interested in solving the game.

We don't have much time left
but we can still vote fucking shea
and in the event he doesn't flee
you can accuse the shit out of him.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

tl;dr vote fucking shea its scum.
GTKAS
| here.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Man you know that post would have maybe been nice when we didn't have two days left in the game?

I'll think about it when I get home but like. Honestly can we please just stop throwing out accusations in random directions that have basically zero chance of gathering momentum in 48 hours? And like. Lynch someone. This is so goddamn annoying I just want to see the flee and have more than a day to think about it if we're wrong.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yeah it woulda been nice if I didn't feel like I caught scum 2 fucking days before game end.
GTKAS
| here.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 1075, Alisae wrote:BTW I think tsq is obvscumming now
tbh I could see it
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Alisae »

Bins gimmie your vote we got time to make this happen
GTKAS
| here.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Bins »

I haven't had a solid read on shea all game

pedit -
hmmmmmmmMMM

am I being fooled

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Post by Bins »

The one thing that really bugged me was "shit wagon on sleepy" which he said cause like
lol

gtkas
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

Bins if you think I'm fooling you look at Shea's posts and answer this
Does he look like he is trying?
It really does not come off as that to me.
GTKAS
| here.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

actually i think the him pulling off me after reading my old games was super reasonable.

also he's ONLY scum if it's with sleepy.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

kidamn: I feel like they could be potentially faking the "I kinda care but not really" vibe. I see nothing else notable at all about them which is something in itself.
FLASH OF GREEN
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1085, Ellibereth wrote:actually i think the him pulling off me after reading my old games was super reasonable.

Yeah but the way he did it just does not seem towny to me and why is he only scum with sleepy?
GTKAS
| here.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Realeo »

VOTE: SK

L-1?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

quil: I dislike his interaction with me. The "I'd be crying if I were scum" and "your play is shitty" responses to my why are you obvtown question didn't feel real. The cutesty tone in general feels forced.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 1087, Alisae wrote:
In post 1085, Ellibereth wrote:actually i think the him pulling off me after reading my old games was super reasonable.

Yeah but the way he did it just does not seem towny to me and why is he only scum with sleepy?
idk seems fine to me.

if he wasn't why would he need to do anything
pushing me and then backing off and pushing you would be absurd otherwise yeah?
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 1056, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1052, Ellibereth wrote:
In post 1049, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1047, Ellibereth wrote:clearly not scum for stuff after your previous catchup post yeah?
I've played with sleepy probably 20-30 times IRL. I've played with him online like 5 times. I just dont think its sleepy scum. I just don't. I don't have concrete reasons for that but to me its painfully obvious.
no my question is is the entire of stuff that feels painfully obvious too you the stuff he posted in the last 3ish days.
No, although it didn't hurt his case. The whole "I'm lost just like the rest of you" rang super super sincere to me. Its kind of like frustrated sleepy who doesn't see any difference between his play in general and the play of plenty of other people who are not on the chopping block.

I just think his play is very very consistent with not having reads and not knowing how to change that. I also think his "this is self meta" stuff is 100% accurate from my experience with him. Sleepy is never the dude driving the wagons on turn one, as scum or town. It basically makes me wonder why he signed up for this game where he would definitely be at a disadvantage, but the player list was stacked so that's kind of explained. If you compare it to Alisae, who seems to be going for the "oh crap I have to look like I'm doing something." shtick instead of shut down, I think you see a stark contrast between the two. Alisae's looks like someone who does not care who is scum. SKs play reads like someone who does not know how to find them.
actually this is the only that really worries me since you had sleepy as part of your scumgroup in your earlier catch up post. Which is why I asked about what affected you calling sleepy obvtown. Saying it was the stuff after makes sense to me but saying no there was other stuff before doesn't.
FLASH OF GREEN
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Chevre »

Unvote

Vote: Thestatusquo

This is mostly founded by his awful awful meta read on me, which uses ancient games against me. Town shea would know far better. I'm lazy now but I'll break it down more later tonight or tomorrow.

With his "post count range" nonsense and this delve into each individual in the game, I'm certain he's scum planning to flee and leave town as confused as possible when it comes to the accusation.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

random: I actually liked his interaction with me as touched on earlier but spiffeh's thing about the ramci votes also makes a lot sense also as touched on earlier. His placement of votes relative to reads (and the lack thereof) make me uncomfortable but there's some conflict as I still like his tone in the places I liked them.
FLASH OF GREEN
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1090, Ellibereth wrote:
In post 1087, Alisae wrote:

idk seems fine to me.

if he wasn't why would he need to do anything
pushing me and then backing off and pushing you would be absurd otherwise yeah?
Well it doesn't come off towny to me mostly because it kinda just seems forced and I just hate the timing?
I am having a hard time explaining it
but I do not like it at all

And that seems so convoluted and complex that I think looking into it is kinda worthless.
GTKAS
| here.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I was going to write about how it wasn't convoluted but I can see it being *slightly* convoluted now.

The base logic is this:
why would sheascum who's partners with nonsleepy scum go for the derail.
Because they think they lose if they sit tight sleepy just gets lynched normally.
But why would they think that? I don't remember that many people heavily suspecting shea. (I might be wrong about that?)

chevre's thing about shea planning on fleeing is interesting even though I don't really see it
like they have to think this somehow has to be lowering the likelihood his partner is getting accused to lower than the likelihood shea is getting accused in the scenario where the sleepy lynch passes normally and his partner flees.

I might be misjudging the latter though because I haven't really looked at peoples reads that carefully.

I'll reword the statement to if shea is scum its very likely with sleepy.
which is maybe more likely than i've been thinking it is given what i'm him about a few posts about the sleepy read change.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I dual iso'd them and I can kinda see it with sleepy never mentioning him and shea not saying anything about him until his catchup post other than a quick comment at the start.
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

oh sleepy replied to his thing but thats still whatever
I might have missed more but it's way too late and i've been dual isoing too many possible pairings and getting far too little out of it.
FLASH OF GREEN
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 1049, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1047, Ellibereth wrote:clearly not scum for stuff after your previous catchup post yeah?
I've played with sleepy probably 20-30 times IRL. I've played with him online like 5 times. I just dont think its sleepy scum. I just don't. I don't have concrete reasons for that but to me its painfully obvious.
Hold on a sec tho Shea, why were you so ambivalent about him in #881 then?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by Quilford »

All of my strongest townreads are voting another of my strongest townreads ):<

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”