Rocky Horror Picture Show - players suck, game over

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (14+ players). Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2800  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:23 pm

To elaborate on the bit about vig shots being terrible design: Yes. I'm aware. You should have realized from that post that I didn't expect much in the way of good design from this game.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

northsidegal
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2801  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 pm

In post 2774, mutantdevle wrote:sidegal why weren't you killing once I recruited you?

I felt like it was far better to save my shots for later than to use them.

I'm not proud of my play this game, but within the rules of the game I believe I played to wincon once recruited.
washed up. limited access, certainly not on vacation.

wiki | games | modded | rulesets

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2802  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:25 pm

In post 2768, drealmerz7 wrote:game over

you all lose

Lol. Dumb asses
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2803  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks for them game Drealmerz7.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2804  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm

In post 2801, northsidegal wrote:
In post 2774, mutantdevle wrote:sidegal why weren't you killing once I recruited you?

I felt like it was far better to save my shots for later than to use them.

I'm not proud of my play this game, but within the rules of the game I believe I played to wincon once recruited.

Yeah I was just hoping you'd pick up on my kill suggestion crumbs in the thread :(

I mean, this is precisely why PTs would have been a good idea because then we could have been more coordinated.
I may disappear from the site for a few days at a time due to things being a little busy irl.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2805  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 pm

Also, fun fact for you NSG:

In post 2, drealmerz7 wrote:- be aware that once you submit an action, there is no taking it back

I'm pretty sure drealmerz only wrote this because I tried to recruit you pre-game (after I had read my role PM I wanted to recruit as fast as possible and didn't realise the game hadn't started yet) but that didn't count and I decided against recruiting you only after inquiring about PTs finding that I don't get one with my cultists.
I may disappear from the site for a few days at a time due to things being a little busy irl.

brassherald
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 21, 2017
Location: New York
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2806  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi, just read all the roles, and I'm still not sure which roles were the cult leaders.

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2807  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:32 pm

In post 2806, brassherald wrote:Hi, just read all the roles, and I'm still not sure which roles were the cult leaders.


The role pm's aren't complete.

Rocky Horror and Frank'N'Furter were the cult leaders, based on the submitted actions vs who was assigned each role. However, Rocky Horror does not have his recruit ability, or his kill, listed in the image shared.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2808  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 pm

In post 2802, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 2768, drealmerz7 wrote:game over

you all lose

Lol. Dumb asses

You lost too
double dumbass on you
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
It is I, Himiko Yumeno, from the Dirt Gun Run Puss! Nah it's just Delthea! Hi there! (Avatar credit goes to Illumina25 on reddit!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2809  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:06 pm

In post 2777, Ahsoka Tano wrote:
In post 2768, drealmerz7 wrote:you people are fucking stupid

you don't vote in-game to end a game

you PM THE MOD and express your desire - can't you read the fucking rules that I don't respond to shit posed to me in the game thread? why do you think voting to end the game is a function of the game?

I don't know why a listmod was contacted BEFORE YOU CONTACTED ME

but then, most of you are fucking stupid soooo

*shrug*

game over

you all lose
April 3rd
drealmerz7 wrote:So, do you really think it is serving your wincon by not using your action? you don't think it is anti-wincon?
Ahsoka Tano wrote:You're right. Replace me.

I am very sorry.
I was still here. Not replaced. No replacement seeked.

Now, I did not contact the listmod but would contacting you have made anything happen?

Thank you for modding. I will now take my "fucking stupid" ass out of this thread.


It was not all cool for him to say that to us. As for playing pming the mod; he never bothered to respond to mine; re: the ice storm in my area; so why would I even bother with that?

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2810  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:25 pm

In post 2809, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2777, Ahsoka Tano wrote:
In post 2768, drealmerz7 wrote:you people are fucking stupid

you don't vote in-game to end a game

you PM THE MOD and express your desire - can't you read the fucking rules that I don't respond to shit posed to me in the game thread? why do you think voting to end the game is a function of the game?

I don't know why a listmod was contacted BEFORE YOU CONTACTED ME

but then, most of you are fucking stupid soooo

*shrug*

game over

you all lose
April 3rd
drealmerz7 wrote:So, do you really think it is serving your wincon by not using your action? you don't think it is anti-wincon?
Ahsoka Tano wrote:You're right. Replace me.

I am very sorry.
I was still here. Not replaced. No replacement seeked.

Now, I did not contact the listmod but would contacting you have made anything happen?

Thank you for modding. I will now take my "fucking stupid" ass out of this thread.


It was not all cool for him to say that to us. As for playing pming the mod; he never bothered to respond to mine; re: the ice storm in my area; so why would I even bother with that?



Nancy, I'm really really sorry that this travesty of a game was one of your first experiences with the theme games we have on site. :(
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2811  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 pm

In post 2780, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 2768, drealmerz7 wrote:you people are fucking stupid

you don't vote in-game to end a game

you PM THE MOD and express your desire - can't you read the fucking rules that I don't respond to shit posed to me in the game thread? why do you think voting to end the game is a function of the game?

I don't know why a listmod was contacted BEFORE YOU CONTACTED ME


but then, most of you are fucking stupid soooo

*shrug*

game over

you all lose


For the record, drealm...if you're actually bothering with reading your game(which, btw, your rule about not responding to in game things is basically simply an excuse to not have to actually moderate your game), then it's pretty ridiculous for you to *not* respond in any way to a clearly expressed desire by a number of players to change the way the game works or end it.


True. I just finished a game, where the mod was really hands on. After d1, that game had started to tank; due to people being unhappy with the SOD/EOD phases, the lack of a maj, and inactivity, So being proactive, he requested everyone pm him; if they wanted to change that. Things eventually got back on track, because even the VTs could smell the flavour in that game, and it wound up being one of the funnest games I’ve ever played. Of course, we always had a pretty good idea what was going on, and every player felt they had agency. A mod needs to listen to his/her players and help them to really understand their wincon and some idea, of the direction needed to acheive it. I think the idea (Rocky Horror Cult) was great in concept but ineffectively executed.

There was another game, which I wasn’t a part of where people really pretty much beat up on the mod. I felt really bad for him, because he did his best and handled the overwhelming chorus of dissatisfaction with class and a willingness to learn from his mistakes. I know D worked really hard on the concept of this game, but he needs to listen to the players; so he can hopefully learn from his mistake and fix any future design flaws in his games. The fact that he simply insults us and refuses to take any responsibility for the game’s execution; is really sad, for both him and all of the players.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2812  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:33 pm

In post 2811, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2780, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 2768, drealmerz7 wrote:you people are fucking stupid

you don't vote in-game to end a game

you PM THE MOD and express your desire - can't you read the fucking rules that I don't respond to shit posed to me in the game thread? why do you think voting to end the game is a function of the game?

I don't know why a listmod was contacted BEFORE YOU CONTACTED ME


but then, most of you are fucking stupid soooo

*shrug*

game over

you all lose


For the record, drealm...if you're actually bothering with reading your game(which, btw, your rule about not responding to in game things is basically simply an excuse to not have to actually moderate your game), then it's pretty ridiculous for you to *not* respond in any way to a clearly expressed desire by a number of players to change the way the game works or end it.


True. I just finished a game, where the mod was really hands on. After d1, that game had started to tank; due to people being unhappy with the SOD/EOD phases, the lack of a maj, and inactivity, So being proactive, he requested everyone pm him; if they wanted to change that. Things eventually got back on track, because even the VTs could smell the flavour in that game, and it wound up being one of the funnest games I’ve ever played. Of course, we always had a pretty good idea what was going on, and every player felt they had agency. A mod needs to listen to his/her players and help them to really understand their wincon and some idea, of the direction needed to acheive it. I think the idea (Rocky Horror Cult) was great in concept but ineffectively executed.

There was another game, which I wasn’t a part of where people really pretty much beat up on the mod. I felt really bad for him, because he did his best and handled the overwhelming chorus of dissatisfaction with class and a willingness to learn from his mistakes. I know D worked really hard on the concept of this game, but he needs to listen to the players; so he can hopefully learn from his mistake and fix any future design flaws in his games. The fact that he simply insults us and refuses to take any responsibility for the game’s execution; is really sad, for both him and all of the players.


<3
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2813  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 pm

I think the lesson here is not to join cult games

Expecting "playing to wincon" with a game designed around changing wincons is silly

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2814  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:47 pm

In post 2810, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 2809, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2777, Ahsoka Tano wrote:
In post 2768, drealmerz7 wrote:you people are fucking stupid

you don't vote in-game to end a game

you PM THE MOD and express your desire - can't you read the fucking rules that I don't respond to shit posed to me in the game thread? why do you think voting to end the game is a function of the game?

I don't know why a listmod was contacted BEFORE YOU CONTACTED ME

but then, most of you are fucking stupid soooo

*shrug*

game over

you all lose
April 3rd
drealmerz7 wrote:So, do you really think it is serving your wincon by not using your action? you don't think it is anti-wincon?
Ahsoka Tano wrote:You're right. Replace me.

I am very sorry.
I was still here. Not replaced. No replacement seeked.

Now, I did not contact the listmod but would contacting you have made anything happen?

Thank you for modding. I will now take my "fucking stupid" ass out of this thread.


It was not all cool for him to say that to us. As for playing pming the mod; he never bothered to respond to mine; re: the ice storm in my area; so why would I even bother with that?



Nancy, I'm really really sorry that this travesty of a game was one of your first experiences with the theme games we have on site. :(


Thanks for that. I was really excited for this game too but the worst part is his unnecessarily rude and dismissive reaction to all of the players who invested their time and energy in a game that was going nowhere. We deserve far better than to be mistreated this way, and the mod totally owes all of us an apology. I know, unless he does; I won’t be signing up for any more of his games. The #1 most important thing a mod needs to do; is to have respect for the people who sign up for and invest their time in their games. Ironically, in comparison to the players’ reaction to the failed game I referenced in my previous post; the players in this game behaved very respectfully, I think; so it makes D’s reaction, even more unwarrented and over the top.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2815  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:51 pm

In post 2761, Untrod Tripod wrote:Hey guys, it's the LT listmod here.

I have received troubling news about this game regarding both moderator and player activity. If the majority of players want to abandon this game, then we can stick a fork in it. Please talk amongst yourselves about what you want to do and we will go from there.

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or concerns that you don't want made public.


VOTE: Tripod - GOAT

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2816  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Awhile back, one of my first interactions on-site with drealmerz included him talking up both his skills at playing the game as well as his ideas for setups.
I recall a deal of frustration at his hubris, but I ended up pocketing that. After all, if drealmerz could prove to be a really great player and moderator, that'd be a boon to the site.
While there are those of you who are saying they've sworn off ever signing up for something Drealmerz runs again, I'm of the mind that I'll sign up for anything he mods.
It's not because I've liked any of his games. Here and in Maplewood Village, there were so many critical parts of the game design and moderation that I fundamentally disagree with.
It's because I want drealmerz to grow into a great moderator.
It's for that reason that I hope Drealmerz is able to take the criticisms levied here and work forward into making an even better game in the future.

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2817  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:16 pm

In post 2816, Varsoon wrote:Awhile back, one of my first interactions on-site with drealmerz included him talking up both his skills at playing the game as well as his ideas for setups.
I recall a deal of frustration at his hubris, but I ended up pocketing that. After all, if drealmerz could prove to be a really great player and moderator, that'd be a boon to the site.
While there are those of you who are saying they've sworn off ever signing up for something Drealmerz runs again, I'm of the mind that I'll sign up for anything he mods.
It's not because I've liked any of his games. Here and in Maplewood Village, there were so many critical parts of the game design and moderation that I fundamentally disagree with.
It's because I want drealmerz to grow into a great moderator.
It's for that reason that I hope Drealmerz is able to take the criticisms levied here and work forward into making an even better game in the future.


Ladies and gentlemen, Varsoon.

Throwing classy and wholesome shade the way only he can. <3

For reals though, conceptually all of Drealmerz games are pretty fucking cool, but (as he says in his PT) he has an obsession with keeping people uninformed about things, and expects them to enjoy not having any idea of what's going on.

*shrug* That's a pretty fundamental flaw to have in your game design philosophy.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2818  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 pm

In post 2817, Cerberus v666 wrote:he has an obsession with keeping people uninformed about things, and expects them to enjoy not having any idea of what's going on.

Tfw it's mafia not chairman maofia

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2819  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 pm

In post 2817, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 2816, Varsoon wrote:Awhile back, one of my first interactions on-site with drealmerz included him talking up both his skills at playing the game as well as his ideas for setups.
I recall a deal of frustration at his hubris, but I ended up pocketing that. After all, if drealmerz could prove to be a really great player and moderator, that'd be a boon to the site.
While there are those of you who are saying they've sworn off ever signing up for something Drealmerz runs again, I'm of the mind that I'll sign up for anything he mods.
It's not because I've liked any of his games. Here and in Maplewood Village, there were so many critical parts of the game design and moderation that I fundamentally disagree with.
It's because I want drealmerz to grow into a great moderator.
It's for that reason that I hope Drealmerz is able to take the criticisms levied here and work forward into making an even better game in the future.


Ladies and gentlemen, Varsoon.

Throwing classy and wholesome shade the way only he can. <3

For reals though, conceptually all of Drealmerz games are pretty fucking cool, but (as he says in his PT) he has an obsession with keeping people uninformed about things, and expects them to enjoy not having any idea of what's going on.

*shrug* That's a pretty fundamental flaw to have in your game design philosophy.


I agree with everything you’ve said here; that was my main gripe with it. It was frustrating as hell, not to find out if our immunizations were successful or not and having to waste our time; trying to immunize people who can’t be; either because they were jailkept or recruited. I also agree with you about the PAUSE part of the game. Either lock the thread or gives us some RH flavour-related adventures or something to do; other than just make fluff posts. This game is kind of equivalent to playing regular Mafia and either never finding out if a lynch was sucessful or what the flip is. Each player needs to have BOTH information and agency, in order to feel that they’re not wasting their time and be invested in the game. Also, one of the reasons I signed up was for the flavour and I wound up feeling cheated by how little it impacted the game - if at all.

On the plus side, voting to immunize as opposed to voting to lynch; was a cool concept. That made the game, seem a lot less cutthroat than regular Mafia.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2820  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:00 am

That's exactly why I hope that Drealmerz grows from this experience; there's a lot of really great ideas here.
First of all, I hope that he continues to make games.
Then I hope that he takes some of the common critiques here and from Maplewood to heart.
And then I hope he moves forward and makes a game that's exciting and unique.

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2821  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:10 am

@nancy: I'm really sorry about the jailkeeping. Drealmerz even, in the PT, mentioned me jailkeeping you immediately prior to you being immunized and thought it was me playing against win con...when no, it was just that nowhere in his ruleset did he say that the immunization functions as a normal action for purposes of jailkeep like effects...

I mean, from early on it should have been clear that I thought I could keep people who were probable immunization targets from being vulnerable to a last second cult recruit, and *nobody* else even considered that wasn't a reasonable way to play things(or at least, they didn't mention it).

Obviously, that's my bad for not asking that particular question(especially because I'm the sort of person who always asks a fuckton of questions), but it does show how unintuitive that concept was that nobody actually brought up the idea that my line of play might end up hurting us rather than helping us.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

Porkens
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 21, 2008

Post Post #2822  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:24 am

Thanks for shooting me chick ;)

I don't have much to say. I guess I agree with Varsoon.

/in for the next Drealz joint

Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2823  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:27 am

Any time Porkens ;)
Garlic is the spice of life.
GTKAS

(expired on 2019-03-15 23:46:21)

northsidegal
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 24, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2824  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:31 am

chickadee, why did you claim the timewarp kill?
washed up. limited access, certainly not on vacation.

wiki | games | modded | rulesets

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Theme Park