Rocky Horror Picture Show - players suck, game over

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (14+ players). Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2825  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:38 am

@Cerberus v666 , I in no way intended to blame you at all in my post. I understand you did the best you could; with the information or lack thereof; which you were given. Tbf, I think the main problem with your role; was that it was too broad in scope. You really have nothing to apologize for; as you were kind’ve put into a no-win situation as I see it. Wtf were you supposed to do really? You were put into a situation that can both help town, by blocking recruitments and simultaneously hurt town by also blocking immunizations. What the hell were you supposed to do? That’s why I’m saying that your role was too broad in scope and Drealmerz, accusing you of “playing against your wincon”, is bullshit, pretty much. What should have happened instead was for you to be able to only block recruitments not immunizations and have some restrictions with that role; so you have to chose your recruitment blocks carefully and then; Drealmerz should have informed us immediately the next game phase whether or not; a particular immunization was succesful or not.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2826  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:43 am

In post 2822, Porkens wrote:Thanks for shooting me chick ;)

I don't have much to say. I guess I agree with Varsoon.

/in for the next Drealz joint


The only game ever, where players are greatful to be shot. :giggle:

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Lifthrasil
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: January 04, 2018
Location: Baliho
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2827  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:20 am

In post 2813, Mathdino wrote:I think the lesson here is not to join cult games

I disagree. Cult games can be fun, but they NEED to be open setups. If you don't know the rules AND are playing in a game with changing affiliations there is just too much that can go wrong. So the players need to know the rules. Then they play the unfamiliar setting in a meaningful way. Combining the difficulties of a cult setting with the difficulties of a closed setup just multiplies those difficulties. Taking away the feedback (no information about successes or failures) was the last nail in the coffin of this, in concept, rather nice game.

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2828  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:02 am

The sad part is that Drealmerz trashes us, calls us “stupid” and refuses to listen to any advice. *shrug*

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2829  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:00 am

In post 123, drealmerz7 wrote:nancydrew asked me questions and got some decent answers but now is acting like I didn't answer the questions and is still playing like she's in the dark???

she should be sharing the information she got with everyone, but instead is ignoring that she knows it

and she isn't paying attention to know that the immunize vote didn't go through or that her vote was still on venmar when things resumed.

infuriating


Because - like (most everyone in this game) - maybe I really AM in the dark? How is this MY responsibility? This was my first game on this site ffs! :roll:
In post 124, JaydragonKing wrote:Maybe the warning from earlier about someone quoting your PM is in her head and she won't post about it ?


Thanks for defending me. < 3

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2830  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 am

Did I?

If I did I’m sure I was probbly just misremembering my target. This far took way too long. I remember being co fused once and double checking who my target was.
Garlic is the spice of life.
GTKAS

51 days, 1 hour, 41 minutes

Ahsoka Tano
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2831  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:31 am

In post 2816, Varsoon wrote:Awhile back, one of my first interactions on-site with drealmerz included him talking up both his skills at playing the game as well as his ideas for setups.
I recall a deal of frustration at his hubris, but I ended up pocketing that. After all, if drealmerz could prove to be a really great player and moderator, that'd be a boon to the site.
While there are those of you who are saying they've sworn off ever signing up for something Drealmerz runs again, I'm of the mind that I'll sign up for anything he mods.
It's not because I've liked any of his games. Here and in Maplewood Village, there were so many critical parts of the game design and moderation that I fundamentally disagree with.
It's because I want drealmerz to grow into a great moderator.
It's for that reason that I hope Drealmerz is able to take the criticisms levied here and work forward into making an even better game in the future.
My gripe is not with the setup. It was a cool game idea and a great theme. Implementation could have been better but he will learn.

My gripe is with Dreal calling us, his players, idiots. With getting mad at us for not enjoying it instead of trying to learn from it.

I am swearing off his games because he is not a great moderator to his players.

That is the difference Varsoon.
"Ahsoka Tano is terrible in the way I thought only Aristophanes could make me feel and I want to purge them from this earth." - VBN National Plan

Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2015

Post Post #2832  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:05 am

Varsoon said it best I think.

I might be in a different boat being a cult leader but I liked the setup for the most part. I can see from a non-leader point of view this game being kinda difficult. Before recruitment you COULD (if you wanted to) try and discourage your recruitment, but in the back of your mind I wouldn't want to do too much in case you do get recruited. It's almost like playing to 2 wincons. Once recruited, if you have no abilities... then what? Probably lurk out, pretended to be a little town to try and convince the other team to recruit you I guess.

As far as my play is concerned, Vecna kept pushing the idea of Cult PT's, so I rolled with it. In the beginning I actually thought he was part of the cult and he knew there were no PT's and was fishing for the other cult members. I replaced in having 1 member under me and I tried my best, but ultimately I would have lost. I really thought Screen was the other cult leader and I tried to kill him (my one and only vig) which only made me farther behind in recruits. I recruited chick hoping they were lying about the amount of vigs they had... but no such luck!

Reading the spectator chat made me realize the game was designed in a way where we are supposed to ask questions to the mod in order to have a better understanding of how everything worked. I didn't realize that. It's an interesting concept, a game that can be slowly figured out by asking the mod setup/role speculation/questions, but I wasn't aware that this was encouraged, (usually this is discouraged) Also it didn't help that I've only seen the movie once, 20+ years ago, and I think it was just on in the background. I don't remember much of it.

TLDR: thanks for the game
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
 
User avatar
Joined: June 13, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2833  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 am

Should have recruited me earlier in the game.
Garlic is the spice of life.
GTKAS

51 days, 1 hour, 41 minutes

Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2015

Post Post #2834  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:39 am

I would have, but inferno was playing.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2835  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:41 am

I probably should have. I can't remember why I didn't. Obviously, I wasn't going to after my theory because I was certain you'd either have been recruited already or had a recruit request placed on you at the start of the day.
I may disappear from the site for a few days at a time due to things being a little busy irl.

Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2015

Post Post #2836  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am

In post 2370, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2275, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2272, Vecna wrote:I hereby designate mathblade as cult leader.

Clearly the slot was important enough to be replaced. Mod action analysis ftw


I hereby designate you as wrong. The rules specifically say that slots have to ask to be replaced.

More than likely the slot that’s being a lurksac longer than mine is the cult leader otherwise cult would have probably won.

Notice like no one died?


The fact that he says the cult instead of a cult or one of the cults is a slip.


@math
I was like SOOOOO sure you were in a cult because of this and I was SOOOO wrong!
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2837  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:13 pm

MathBlade replaced CheekyTeeky who I recruited though?

Unless that was before I recruited them? It's hard to keep track in this game.
I may disappear from the site for a few days at a time due to things being a little busy irl.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2838  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:22 pm

In post 2818, Mathdino wrote:
In post 2817, Cerberus v666 wrote:he has an obsession with keeping people uninformed about things, and expects them to enjoy not having any idea of what's going on.

Tfw it's mafia not chairman maofia

Don't even fucking get me started
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
It is I, Himiko Yumeno, from the Dirt Gun Run Puss! Nah it's just Delthea! Hi there! (Avatar credit goes to Illumina25 on reddit!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2839  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Was...math not aware that they were in a cult?

I can see that happening.

...
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2840  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Nah I was cult since my first post.

Just had nothing to do and no way to help mutant. So I just tried to make mutant look town.

If I was outed cult it really never mattered.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2841  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 pm

In post 2836, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2370, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 2275, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2272, Vecna wrote:I hereby designate mathblade as cult leader.

Clearly the slot was important enough to be replaced. Mod action analysis ftw


I hereby designate you as wrong. The rules specifically say that slots have to ask to be replaced.

More than likely the slot that’s being a lurksac longer than mine is the cult leader otherwise cult would have probably won.

Notice like no one died?

No I was culted and claimed cult for lolz because no way to kill me.
The fact that he says the cult instead of a cult or one of the cults is a slip.


@math
I was like SOOOOO sure you were in a cult because of this and I was SOOOO wrong!
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2015

Post Post #2842  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Sry, read the actions wrong.

So I was SOOOOOO right after all!
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2843  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:21 pm

The funny thing is, I didn't realise Math replaced CheekyTeeky. So my posts accusing him of being cult with Chickadee were genuine :lol:
I may disappear from the site for a few days at a time due to things being a little busy irl.

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2844  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:25 pm

In post 2843, mutantdevle wrote:The funny thing is, I didn't realise Math replaced CheekyTeeky. So my posts accusing him of being cult with Chickadee were genuine :lol:


I just figured you were distancing and played along!
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Ms Columbo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 28, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2845  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 pm

Can someone point me to spectator chat?

mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 22, 2017
Location: Hell
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2846  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:19 pm

I may disappear from the site for a few days at a time due to things being a little busy irl.

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2847  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Oh, yes, absolutely, the way that Drealmerz thinks of and interacts with his players needs to change--that's part of what I mean when I say that I hope he grows from the criticism given here.

Ms Columbo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: November 28, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2848  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:42 pm

In post 2846, mutantdevle wrote:https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=74918


Thanks!

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: In Your Dreams
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2849  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:47 pm

It’s a fun read. Drealmerz has about 80% of the posts in there and 70% of those; are him slamming individual players for their gameplay. Riveting stuff. ;)

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Theme Park