Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Mathdino »

...i was referencing 2 different posts...
one post wasn't brain dead (154)
and one post basically WAS brain dead (192)
In post 340, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 338, Mathdino wrote:The best I can say here not having seen his scum meta is that I'm guessing this is town just because he wouldn't make 192
This is the second sentence of your analysis and it makes no goddamn sense at all.
In post 343, Mathdino wrote:I'm a towntell reliant player.

Scum-Assembler in the situation where he wakes up and decides "hey I think the post I make is going to be one about how cool and pro-town I'm being reducing the effect of my negative ability!"
He doesn't go into the thread, say "Hey I found something" and just fucking leave without placing a vote. He's not a total idiot, and I'm making the assumption that he at least uses his one liner once-per-2-days posts to try to survive as scum.
Scum-Assembler feels like he'd go in and actually elaborate and make it clear that he's totally doing what's best for the town (rather than not explaining at all), and then posts a vote.

So yeah, towntell, he's just genuinely fuckin useless.
i think we got mixed up in which posts were responding to which

god maybe my issue this game was playing outside my range in terms of trying to effortpost to fit the activity guidelines
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Oh. heh.

Well, having re-read all that, I can see that now.
Kinda unfortunate.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i got so frustrated when i legit couldn't figure out why people were scumreading me at a certain point

like i had no self defence in the face of no accusations other than being called a shit player

so i guess i just went with "yo i'm not a shit player and i'm not a lurker and that makes me better than 1/3 of the original playerlist all things considered"
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Maybe you should try town binning first like usual, and then scumhunt those players you have remaining. Also, just play more games. Maybe you'll start to get more of a feel for what town posts *do* make and scum posts *don't* make. I mean, generally scumhunting is pro-town, no? Sometimes a player will post to the point where you are like "I think this player is town but he committed so many errors that I cannot justify a defense / stop his mislynch." Yes, that means that Ranmaru shouldn't have a whole mountain of evidence for a person to read me as scum, it would be more my fault rather then the lack of your ability to convince people that Ranmaru is town in the example you gave me. Although in that example you *could* also give more than one measly reason for why I'm town. :P
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Yeah. I read your frustration wrong.

I'm pretty rusty and my return game had had very readable players so I guess I felt a bit cocky. I had read your frustration as scum-flailing because I reasoned that if you were town with your claimed role in a role-madness game you'd have a more resigned disposition. Like "eh, town's dumb and my role isn't much use so whatever".

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@ranmaru: sometimes when i townbin too early i townbin scum haha

after i finish the PR tells article i'm 100% writing one on gamesolving and gamestate analysis

i typically flounder in a playerlist full of mostly unreadables (i have less confidence in my reads than i should tbh) like this one or mhsmith's game

usually just takes 1 or 2 flips to start unraveling the gamestate. if i can """flip""" 1 or 2 players as town on D1, then D1 just became as high information as D2 would've been.

also while i do like policy lynching, i hate policy lynching people just for being scummy or because i can't justify defending them

"scummy" is a construct
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1279, Kublai Khan wrote:Yeah. I read your frustration wrong.

I'm pretty rusty and my return game had had very readable players so I guess I felt a bit cocky. I had read your frustration as scum-flailing because I reasoned that if you were town with your claimed role in a role-madness game you'd have a more resigned disposition. Like "eh, town's dumb and my role isn't much use so whatever".
i also admit that i got egotistical and this did not contribute well

i got this idea in my head that because of the incredible lurksack/tunnelly playerlist, town had no chance of winning after i was dead/no longer producing content

i never got to a point where i was genuinely preparing for my own death
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

oh yeah and psyche once did a study on Flailing as a scumtell
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1282, Mathdino wrote:oh yeah and psyche once did a study on Flailing as a scumtell
Hmm. Kinda interesting, but I'm not sure about the conclusions.

"Flailing" and other "tells" are just educated crapshoots until you get to know the players. I can reason that "player X is new, so they'll probably make X,Y,Z mistakes as scum", but it's way more difficult when facing an experienced player with whom I have no history.

If I had played 5 games with you before this one, I'd have a better idea of your level of stubborness and ego and likely wouldn't have clashed so hard with you.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 1280, Mathdino wrote:i typically flounder in a playerlist full of mostly unreadables (i have less confidence in my reads than i should tbh) like this one or mhsmith's game
Then maybe it'd be better you town bin later, yeah. I just think it's better for you to observe then, or at least shake things up and just try to find town from there. I'm sure you'll figure out a way. On confidence, I have realized me being confident doesn't = me being accurate. It just makes me more likely to death tunnel, even if I'm wrong. I mean, look at team mafia. I posted this video to Action Dan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS3lR9XOQxM When I was only 1/3. :P Every time I post that video it's always to town, then when I'm like 'meh I don't know how I feel about this lynch' two scum are lynched. I'm sure you'll get the hang of early game as long as you try different things instead of doing the same thing. (Sure, it'll likely get you heat, but you'll learn from it, and who better then a teacher to try new things so he can learn new things eh?) Anyway, I won't clutter the thread any more. Seriously, let's hydra sometime, we'll talk more about this via PM.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:30 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1222, hebichan wrote:If anything I'm surprised cooldog never hit any scum.

That would have changed the game considerably. The fact cooldog was basically a second scum kill every night was a huge help. Bonus points that sk normally went for my secondary targets.
yeah, I didn't hit well this game. I should have probably killed ut earlier, that's a mistake. Also, I got bad vibes from mollie, but never actualized on them. Letting elton not get lynched was bad.
after a wank.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Hey CD, what was the reason for targeting me on Night 1?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

Ego
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

ty for the game reck <3

ut and hebi you guys were great scummates <3 <3 <3 ut we didn't lose this 1!

varsoona I really never received your vote!

I never got to be treestumped :( a treestumped scum gladiator wld have been the stuff that dreams are made of.

dino I thought you did great but then I always think you do great. I consider you 1 of the strongest players. <3 sorry/not sorry we let you go down.
whew!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Titus »

GG.

Kinda obvious Mollie was scum but there just were not enough towns.

This is why groupthink is bad when scum get lynch after lynch.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:49 am

Post by hebichan »

In post 1289, Titus wrote:GG.

Kinda obvious Mollie was scum but there just were not enough towns.

This is why groupthink is bad when scum get lynch after lynch.
Yeah, we only needed one vote on you, we were all sitting in the scum PT waiting for someone to vote so we could vulture it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”