Just Play the Hits uPick - Video Killed the Radio Star

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (14+ players). Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1225  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:34 pm

In post 1221, Mathdino wrote:
In post 9, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm town yeah
I legit targeted you because I figured you were the best one to help me get a handle on the game

lol gamma not picking me

I realized Venmar might be able to help me with decoding the mess of NAs
Plus he also suspected mollie and UT
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
It is I, Himiko Yumeno, from the Dirt Gun Run Puss! Nah it's just Delthea! Hi there! (Avatar credit goes to Illumina25 on reddit!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

hebichan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2015
Location: Seattle
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1226  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:36 pm

#gammamdiddnothingwrong

he was just my go-to punching bag all game.

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1227  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm

gamma literally the primary reason i didn't push you at all D2 is because i expected you to neighbourise me

reckoner told me that there was no dead thread specifically because there was a way i could come back

i was so hyped

and then you picked the guy that hardpushed my mislynch instead -_-

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1228  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm

but yeah fair

D3/D4 still never should've gone the way they did

hebichan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2015
Location: Seattle
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1229  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:43 pm

day three was so lucky that espionage picked that day to get her post restriction.

and varsoon needed to die -so- hard afterwords.

I was worried that vax would also push mollie day 4, but SK took care of that for us for some reason.

Varsoon was really the only one left in town who understood why mollie had slipped though.

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1230  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 pm

i was reading and i guess i wasn't reading into mechanics very hard at all

(and fucking hell guys, this game would've been solvable by massclaim, all of scum's negative abilities are negative SCUM utility. my claim was confirmed town)

but i legit didn't understand at all why mollie scumslipped

to me she scumslipped just by pivoting on her read on me

Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2011

Post Post #1231  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:01 pm

In post 1218, Mathdino wrote:it's just always the older players that scumread me and it's like
i can't please everyone even if i want to figure out how to


why were you scumread, curious

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1232  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:13 pm

- i complained about wallposts shitting up the game at the beginning and people got upset at me when i told them i wasn't going to read into them
also i ironically said "wallposts are all garbage" and old playerlists are apparently a 100% joke-free zone

- varsoon wanted someone he could trust (for his role), and i told him he could trust me. this was seen as scummy, so instead he "trusted" scum-pirate-mollie.

- i voteparked a lurker to pressure them into posting (and see who would jump on the wagon). they got replaced, the slot crucified me for it, and town didn't like the resultant reads i had

- espeonage repeatedly said i was playing like shit and assumed i would play better as town

- i stopped defending myself against wallpost cases made against me

- i literally claimed 1-shot janitor as my negative ability (which i'd softed by saying i would never EVER use it), and half the town treated that as me claiming scum in-thread

- my end-of-day reads list was full of psychological profiles on people (like strong townread on assemblerotws) and people assumed i was just making shit up

- 2 people who were scumreading me died N1

- i told everyone that my wagon was 100% town and they took this to mean "okay that means mathdino must be scum"

- i told everyone that the setup HAD to be 1 SK vs 3 scum and wasn't remotely 2:2 multiball and they were like "how the fuck could you possibly know that" and took my logic to be bullshit

DeathNote
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 13, 2009
Location: Texas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1233  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Bummer. I had Hebi I guess...
Looking for love in Alderaan places.

beeboy
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 08, 2014
Location: On an adventure.

Post Post #1234  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:35 pm

In post 1201, Mathdino wrote:like i feel like my entire game was just being simultaneously shit on by the entire goddamn town



forummafia.jpg
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia

RIP Grape-Kun 1996 - 2017.

hebichan
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2015
Location: Seattle
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1235  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:39 pm

In post 1233, DeathNote wrote:Bummer. I had Hebi I guess...


Thats why you died o,...,o

Kublai Khan
Khan Man
 
User avatar
Joined: August 05, 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL

Post Post #1236  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:58 pm

In post 1232, Mathdino wrote:- i complained about wallposts shitting up the game at the beginning and people got upset at me when i told them i wasn't going to read into them
also i ironically said "wallposts are all garbage" and old playerlists are apparently a 100% joke-free zone

- varsoon wanted someone he could trust (for his role), and i told him he could trust me. this was seen as scummy, so instead he "trusted" scum-pirate-mollie.

- i voteparked a lurker to pressure them into posting (and see who would jump on the wagon). they got replaced, the slot crucified me for it, and town didn't like the resultant reads i had

- espeonage repeatedly said i was playing like shit and assumed i would play better as town

- i stopped defending myself against wallpost cases made against me

- i literally claimed 1-shot janitor as my negative ability (which i'd softed by saying i would never EVER use it), and half the town treated that as me claiming scum in-thread

- my end-of-day reads list was full of psychological profiles on people (like strong townread on assemblerotws) and people assumed i was just making shit up

- 2 people who were scumreading me died N1

- i told everyone that my wagon was 100% town and they took this to mean "okay that means mathdino must be scum"

- i told everyone that the setup HAD to be 1 SK vs 3 scum and wasn't remotely 2:2 multiball and they were like "how the fuck could you possibly know that" and took my logic to be bullshit

Huh. Yeah. All that crappy shit you did. Don't do that next time. Maybe then I wouldn't be distracted with voting you.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2015
Location: las vegas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1237  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:01 pm

In post 1212, Kublai Khan wrote:If you're going to yell at town for not following you, then it kinda is on you to be more followable. Blame goes two ways.

this is kinda ironic

Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2015

Post Post #1238  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 pm

GG everyone. Sorry about being so back and forth with you mathdino
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 29, 2015

Post Post #1239  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:05 pm

I REALLY didnt think I would be killed! I mean who kills me? Why? I had a loud annouce on who targeted me... but i used my cop on Titus instead.... ARGH!
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1240  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:08 pm

In post 1236, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1232, Mathdino wrote:- i complained about wallposts shitting up the game at the beginning and people got upset at me when i told them i wasn't going to read into them
also i ironically said "wallposts are all garbage" and old playerlists are apparently a 100% joke-free zone

- varsoon wanted someone he could trust (for his role), and i told him he could trust me. this was seen as scummy, so instead he "trusted" scum-pirate-mollie.

- i voteparked a lurker to pressure them into posting (and see who would jump on the wagon). they got replaced, the slot crucified me for it, and town didn't like the resultant reads i had

- espeonage repeatedly said i was playing like shit and assumed i would play better as town

- i stopped defending myself against wallpost cases made against me

- i literally claimed 1-shot janitor as my negative ability (which i'd softed by saying i would never EVER use it), and half the town treated that as me claiming scum in-thread

- my end-of-day reads list was full of psychological profiles on people (like strong townread on assemblerotws) and people assumed i was just making shit up

- 2 people who were scumreading me died N1

- i told everyone that my wagon was 100% town and they took this to mean "okay that means mathdino must be scum"

- i told everyone that the setup HAD to be 1 SK vs 3 scum and wasn't remotely 2:2 multiball and they were like "how the fuck could you possibly know that" and took my logic to be bullshit

Huh. Yeah. All that crappy shit you did. Don't do that next time. Maybe then I wouldn't be distracted with voting you.

cut it out

all the "crappy shit i did" was literally being right about almost every one of these points

my logic well understood by 2018 newbies on this site

your refusal to read into my posts because you didn't like me pressuring your slot is, again, not on me

you not once had constructive criticism of that communication, you just called my early play shit (it wasn't; half the game lurked out and i still caught one scum with the godel wagon) and then called my correct points nonsense

and then you called me the single most anti-town person in the game in both role and posting

you're not going to get better if you blame everyone else for being scummy to you and other players who don't know how to read people

explain exactly what about this post for example was shit

In post 343, Mathdino wrote:I'm a towntell reliant player.

Scum-Assembler in the situation where he wakes up and decides "hey I think the post I make is going to be one about how cool and pro-town I'm being reducing the effect of my negative ability!"
He doesn't go into the thread, say "Hey I found something" and just fucking leave without placing a vote. He's not a total idiot, and I'm making the assumption that he at least uses his one liner once-per-2-days posts to try to survive as scum.
Scum-Assembler feels like he'd go in and actually elaborate and make it clear that he's totally doing what's best for the town (rather than not explaining at all), and then posts a vote.

So yeah, towntell, he's just genuinely fuckin useless.

because it was 100% right and so far i have a good record of reading assemblerotws after my first game with him

Mathdino
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Location: Right Behind You
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1241  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:09 pm

In post 1238, Vaxkiller wrote:GG everyone. Sorry about being so back and forth with you mathdino

you're good

you had the correct read on me, i can't really fault you for that side

my only advice is to not lynch solely mechanically when your reads indicate otherwise

if i were scum in that situation, i would obviously try to not claim in a way that
- removes my ability to actually freely use my janitor
- gets me lynched by people who are paranoid of janitors

Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2009
Location: Location location location

Post Post #1242  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:18 pm

loldino we talked about this before in private

it doesn't matter how right you are
you're not flexible enough in your presentation
no your audience
FLASH OF GREEN

Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2011

Post Post #1243  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:21 pm

gdi elli i'm here writing paragraphs and you say it in like seconds :giggle:

Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2009
Location: Location location location

Post Post #1244  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:25 pm

know*

>.<
FLASH OF GREEN

Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: March 07, 2011

Post Post #1245  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:26 pm

In post 338, Mathdino wrote:I asked other people weigh in on this.
Which they didn't (and you guys wonder why I haven't been able to do anything).


I think I see your problem. I feel like you could have not posted the 'the venmar X varsoon exchange is garbage' because it didn't help anyone see they were town for it, and it helped people to scum read you when you were town. (Not that I would scumread you for that, it was the SK who pushed you based on a *wall* argument lol) Basically, you leaked fuel for others to attack you, and it was entirely town as you have seen. Less is more. You say you do much better at replacing in, and that shows that you need to improve your early game. I also think you could cut out what you say in the quote and other similar things, seems passive aggressive. It reminds me of writing advice, cut out the filler, only leave things that progress the story. Would this statement really be necessary to progress the game? (IE: Lynching your scum reads)

That's why I like to have short posts. The more I say, the more chances I give for others to misunderstand me. Do remember that communication between two people is a cycle of *Think > Speak > Listen > Think > Speak*. Meaning, you think something, so you say what you think you mean, and that comes out as some form of noise that the second person has to decipher, and yet doesn't exactly know what you mean simply from what you say. All this to say that, it's damn easy to misunderstand someone and the more words you give the easier it is to find something stupid from what you were saying and you are like 'why do people misinterpret what I'm saying in this way'. (Cuz I'm saying so much that they have so much leeway to mess it all up)

Of course, it seems in the past people feel I care way more about my image then I should, but it's something I kind of have to do otherwise if I just don't filter myself same thing would happen to me because i'm scatterbrained. Also, I will agree that some of the reasons for people to scum read you were dumb lolclaim. Some were based on your interaction, and I think people generally just don't like it when a person goes 'but what you did was even more bad then what I did' so I think if you just cut those things out and just explain yourself clearly you'll do better. Also if you are gonna push a wall garbage argument, push for short and nice clean posts at the same time. It would be more pro-town. :D

Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2015
Location: las vegas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1246  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 pm

In post 1242, Ellibereth wrote:loldino we talked about this before in private

it doesn't matter how right you are
you're not flexible enough in your presentation
no your audience

presentation means very little if town don't actively decide to search for these conclusions themselves. the thinking was very linear and one dimensional, displaying almost a bit of a mob mentality by townies. definitely the reactive play hurt along with the way he came across as he spilt his guts, but it certainly does matter how right you are if town doesn't even consider it. as town, i think you should constantly be reevaluating.

Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2015
Location: las vegas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1247  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:28 pm

having short posts, so you can't be misrepresented is silly lol. you should always make posts that you know you can explain the thought process behind logically, emotionally, and anything in between. any post that puts you at a disadvantage shouldn't be made, short or not.

on that note, calling interactions garbage is far from scummy lol.

Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
 
User avatar
Joined: November 06, 2009
Location: Location location location

Post Post #1248  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:31 pm

what

it's very likely there exists a set of words/a presentation where town considers it and may even sheep it at some point.
FLASH OF GREEN

Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2015
Location: las vegas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1249  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:34 pm

In post 1248, Ellibereth wrote:what

it's very likely there exists a set of words/a presentation where town considers it and may even sheep it at some point.

that's like saying wars could be avoided with a google slides powerpoint in which every leader attends.

it's possible, but sometimes it's harder to do so when townies are locked in a specific mindset. everyone has had times where you've tried everything to get your scumread pushed for it not to happen. it is the one pushing the scumread who the burden of proof falls on, but it also on town to cooperate and keep strong and evaluate every decision and action within the thread.

could the presentation been better? yeah. could town have tried looking like level 3 into mathdino and his reads? also yeah. in a mafia sweep, it's very likely the fault of everyone involved :p

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Theme Park