Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1891, brassherald wrote:
In post 1883, Joey_ wrote:
In post 1881, Nero Cain wrote:Also, Gamma is orange scum. hehehehue
Who do you want to vote for Runner up WC ?

@Brass : Do you think that you not getting WC today might be a good idea ? Youd still get Runner up but we will get an addition Delegates for tomorow or the others days when you eventually get night killed in some ways
I don't understand the question.

Delegates do not stack.
You got 4 Delegates today. If you get WC today you might get 6 or 8 and so on for the nexts days but you will eventually die since you are an IC. That means that those town Delegates will be removed from the game and then moment you die, everyone will have the same amount of Delegates and that might not be advantageous to the town.

If you give up WC (for the +2 delegates) Then you get 4 Today and another town get +2.
If you die tomorow (one day you will) then that means that we still get that person with 4 votes alive.

Im not sure if im being super clear but i just woke up.

Scenario 1
D2.
WC : Brass x4
Runner up : ***** x2
Rest of the table : x2
D3.
WC : Brass x7
Runner up : x3
Rest of the table : x3

When you die -> Everyone is at x3

Scenario 2
D2
WC : A townread that you decides x4
Runner up : Brass x4
Rest of the table : x2

D3
WC : Another townread if you are are alive x5
Runner up : Brass x5
D2's Runner up : A townread x5
Rest of the table : x3

Its basically diluting the Delegates to town so we lose a lesser amount of delegates from a night kill
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Joey_ »

They dont Stack ? Oh, i just got it
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:41 am

Post by brassherald »

Guys, quick input before I like go write something about money for a client or whatever I'm actually supposed to be doing.

It's multiball for sure.

I'd say there might be domination mafia, science mafia, and cultural mafia.

I think we have 3 scum groups. Someone who is better at math can figure out how many members of each there would be. Maybe one more domination member and two more sciences?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1894, Klazam wrote:Joey- Elb was a WEAK bodyguard, which means he dies on protecting scum. now read that post again through that lens. makes sense to me.
it's like using a hider as an investigative instead of to protect yourself.

since Elbirn could only make the check once, using it to find scum does make sense. i wish he'd been more explicit with his crumb.

the reason i think it could be a Gamma target is because where Elbirn mentions listening to him after death, it's in the same paragraph. the Joey townread is a separate thought.

Almost, i'm still townreading. i don't think the multiball spec thing is strong as he was specifically answering a question about scum numbers, and he's played a lot of multiball.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1894, Klazam wrote:Joey- Elb was a WEAK bodyguard, which means he dies on protecting scum. now read that post again through that lens. makes sense to me.
Wow how do i keep missing this much infos
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think its prob 4/4/ 13 like a50 slipped.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 am

Post by marshy »

so wait elbirn is weak doc and dies investigating gamma meaning he likely crumbed that and gamme is scum? am i understanding?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Joey_ »

@MOD : Does delegates stacks ? Or is the WC additions 2 delegates is only for the current day ?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Klazam »

Brass, heavily doubt its 3 scumgroups. To me, it looks like a crosskill + weak bodyguard death on scum, so thats 2 groups. I'd agree 3 each because two reasons, it feels right to me, and because varsoon specifically said 3 scum.

Im gonna check his multiball spec again, im curious about something now.

PEDIT: Or it could be 4 each and varsoon could be signaling to scum/misdirecting... hmmm. I'm considering things

Marshy, Bodyguard, but essentially yes, that's what i believe.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1898, BuJaber wrote:My read wasn't dumb let's go dunk flipped scum koki is probably scum. The other way doesn't work but this way does.

VOTE: kokichi

HEAL: host: brass
this is still dumb. no offense.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Joey_ »

Chara, whats your reads currently?

Do you have leads about orange/red remaining mefias ?
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Klazam »

In post 672, Varsoon wrote:Aaaaah, I'm just gonna post this and hope I'm right. I've been debating it because I think that if I am wrong and we make these setup assumptions, it could really kick us in the ass.

I was thinking a lot about what's keeping scum from just completely gaming the delegates, especially considering the snowballing that happens if scum manage to get multiple delegates.
As an earlier post of mine implies, I figured it was initially just a balance point of either scum knowing resolutions already (no info to be gained from being a world leader) or that a lot of scum voting a world leader in would be very obvious.
I then realized that it's much more likely the setup is multiball and that scum teams are only two or three players. Why's that?

1. What really tipped me off was the non-specificity of my role PM and the opening posts in regards to a 'scum team'. There's mention of eliminating 'all threats to town', but that's it.
2. I thought for sure the 'all threats to town' was an absolute nod to the game being multiball because of the wording, but after digging Venmar's mod-meta, I've discovered:
--a) Venmar uses the same wording even in his singleball setups with exclusion of an open setup he ran way back in 2012.
--b) Out of over 5 different setups of Venmar's design, only one of them was singleball entirely.
3. Given the flavor of the theme (multiple civilizations forming alliances, the fact people often play multiple 'teams', the multiple wincons in the game that different civs shoot for, etc.), there are several avenues to make this a multiball game
4. Singleball would actually make the World Congress mechanic unbalanced in favor of scum.
5. If anti-town factions have daychat, then there's NO WAY that the game is singleball, because the amount of co-ordination a full-size singular scumteam could do in this kind of setup with daychat would make the world leader mechanic almost pointless for town. However, if there are multiple smaller teams, daychat makes a lot more sense. I did not check Venmar's previous games to see if daychat was normal in his setups, but I do recall there being encryptors in the setup.

I had this revelation awhile back, between posts 100 and 200, because I had a pretty dynamic shift in how I was viewing the game/mechanics by 226 and forward.
Assuming multiball, we should be a lot more critical of the people who are laying low and self-voting, like Klazaam, because in multiball:
1. Scum players are likelier to self-vote and get a partner to boost them.
2. Scum players are likelier to avoid voting people they don't have a hard townread on because they need to avoid the other scum team become leader, too.
2. Scum players are likelier to lay low and not draw a lot of attention to themselves because they don't want to catch a cross-kill because cross-kills are what makes scum lose very fast in multiball.

This is why I townread Elbirn so hard, because he self voted but didn't seem aware of the mechanics all that much, then voiced support for Kokichi, who is not likely to be on the same scumteam as him if he was scum--if Elbirn were scum aware of multiball, he'd be way more hesitant to couch support of someone with some votes on them already. Furthermore, Elbirn's opening posts draw a lot of attention to him, imo, and wouldn't make sense coming from a multiball scum player PoV.
In post 673, Varsoon wrote:The existence of the IC also leans me a bit more towards this being multiball, too, ftr.
In post 682, Varsoon wrote:I think it's more likely that there's just multiple NKs present.
In post 692, Varsoon wrote:
In post 685, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 682, Varsoon wrote:I think it's more likely that there's just multiple NKs present.
It's possible, I could see a SK actually. I'm not too sold on 2 mafia, and I don't think it's really needed to be discussed right now until we see night kills.
I've explained why it's important to consider right now.

I think the setup is either: 14-3-3-1 (bulletproof SK, lots of town power, protectives in scum/town), 15-3-3, or 15-2-2-2 or something similar to that.

Not a huge fan of you undermining the IC.
That's his posts on the topic. WIFOM land i know, but, i dont think he was trying to misdirect on number of mafisos here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1884, Nero Cain wrote:naw, Shaz is too busy active lurking to produce reads.

I kinda agree. I think Gamma is the scum that was sheeping said bad logic.
And this is why you're scum.
VOTE: Nero Cain
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Klazam »

I think im gonna townread Almost for suggesting 4/4 maf, actually, until we have evidence it isnt 3/3
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Klazam »

Gamma, no discussion regarding the speculation on elbirn weak investigating you?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

actually no
VOTE: Almost50
you're not worth my time nero, although

PEdit: I mean I'm not even sure wtf that means, the wording was a bit weird
@Venmar what did you mean by weak in Elbirn's role?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

bullshit, you know what a weak modifier is
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:54 am

Post by marshy »

i read the elbirn crumb and yes that def reads like a crumb. will kill gamma as well
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:54 am

Post by ActionDan »

Venmar is a pretty good balancer power wise. Teams are likely to be 3/3. (4/4 is not town favored and things like 2/2/2/2 are kinda weird, but thematic!)

There is also potential for a serial killer.

I don't particularly see both scum teams thinking Varsoon/Dunker were solid NK choices. Elbrin instead makes a world of sense for a scum kill and I'll be sticking with that interpretation.

Dunker's ISO is fun to read. I guess from it I have to concede that Gamma/Kokichi aren't red-scum.

Varsoon's is next.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TO ME!

vote:gamma

marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:56 am

Post by marshy »

VOTE: gamma emerald

"i hope you all heed my words if i die" + "gamma is scum if creature is" is WAY too specific

a50 might still b scum. theres a lot of scum this game that explains why ive wanted to lynch so many ppl
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Chara »

i'm interested in what Gamma said about Klazam not being orange scum, because i agree that he's likey orange and that my townlean was wrong.
i really doubt Klazam is red. Dunker tried to pull back to Klazam while Creature was being wagoned. and i kind of like Klazam now, but that might be gut.

town is Titus, pidgey, Joey, Kokichi. townish is Almost, marshy. the latter especially with Gamma scum. still making up my mind on Nero, i need to reread. Shazi i also think is town but is a candidate for buddying.
i was wrong on Varsoon so i'm going to reexamine my lazier townreads. Kokichi and Joey i'm pretty happy with, though.

Ranmaru is leftovers. i'd call Gamma scum here especially with what i think is the guilty, but i want to reread. on mobile so i've forgotten slots here.

remembered while checking that marshy was voting Dan, not Gamma. Dan scum feels lazy but is a good possibility.

pedit: posts.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1887, Klazam wrote:
In post 1843, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well isn't that a beautiful turnout
Also I can't wait to be accused of being orange scum

You know what.

Why are you specifying orangescum here? does that matter?
Because it's the only team that makes sense, look at who I pushed and who pushed me day 1: I pushed Creature and Dunker, and Dunker pushed me. Do you think I feel my solo game is that on point that I am willing to bus two of my partners day 1? I have some spicy offsite meta I can provide if you need it but for now just know I had to recalibrate my bussing ideologies due to a massive failure I had in a game where I let my bussing go out of control. Creature might have been able to back me up were he still alive (and also town) because he was present for at least one of those.
<Embrace The Void>

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 1909, Chara wrote:
In post 1898, BuJaber wrote:My read wasn't dumb let's go dunk flipped scum koki is probably scum. The other way doesn't work but this way does.

VOTE: kokichi

HEAL: host: brass
this is still dumb. no offense.
You're entitled to your opinion.

My scumread on dunk was based on this theory. I can't imagine a world where scum would do that 2nd post host vote on a townie. I currently don't believe that I was just lucky on dunk.

Willing to vote for gamma/nero when I fugure out which is the better lynch.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1916, Nero Cain wrote:bullshit, you know what a weak modifier is
Yes I do, I've used it in a game you were in in fact! I'm saying since there's no mention of that modifier in the role name and the wording seems a bit quirky I'm not sure if it's the general weak we all know or if it's something else.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”