Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Shaziro »

Those who specifically want power probably shouldn't get it. In this case, that applies to world congress. I actually kind of like that Titus is being open about not thinking it's a great idea for her to have it, and her reasoning for why not is good. That said, do we really think that the World Congress person needs to be particularly mechanically minded in order to do well? If the list is posted, and we all agree on what we think would be best for town to have in, it doesn't really matter does it? So long as we make somebody we can trust to do as the majority desires, we know we don't have to worry about delegates being wasted and can just yea up the things that go in...right? Am I missing something horribly here?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 2, Venmar wrote: Once a player has committed their delegate(s) to a Host or Resolution vote, they cannot change their delegate votes for the rest of the day/delegate voting cycle! Players can split up their delegate votes across multiple posts if they have more than 1 delegate, but each of their delegates can only be cast once, and once cast, they cannot be changed. Vote wisely!
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:28 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 100, Shaziro wrote:Those who specifically want power probably shouldn't get it. In this case, that applies to world congress. I actually kind of like that Titus is being open about not thinking it's a great idea for her to have it, and her reasoning for why not is good. That said, do we really think that the World Congress person needs to be particularly mechanically minded in order to do well? If the list is posted, and we all agree on what we think would be best for town to have in, it doesn't really matter does it? So long as we make somebody we can trust to do as the majority desires, we know we don't have to worry about delegates being wasted and can just yea up the things that go in...right? Am I missing something horribly here?

Perhaps later when we know more about resolutions and the mechanics of the world congress as they apply to the game we can choose someone based on their skill or traits. But yes as of now I believe you are right. I don't think it matters how adept they at game mechanics. We should vote for someone we TR.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 88, Chara wrote:show me you're town and i'll consider it, Almost. though that isn't really your style.
talk to me about Kokichi? so far i haven't seen anything particularly AI from him.
Alright... I'm Town and I can prove it in many different way:

1- I could post my role PM and you will see I'm Town. Downside: I'll probably be permabanned and you won't have me as your hydra partner anymore. :P

2- I could hope for the bad nations to wage war at me and defeat me so I would flip. Downside: I can no longer enjoy playing this game and you may no longer make use of my utterly unmatched powers.

3- I can actually try to play the game. Downside: I won't be able to also prepare my meal, watch TV and get ready for the shower while actually trying to play the game properly.

4- I can look you in the eye and say "I'm Town" without twitching. Downside: You know that doesn't mean shit I'm fully capable of appearing innocent when I'm full of it.

Bottom line: Just trust my word when I say I'm Town and carry on.

As for Koki, I don't see anything AI either, but when have I ever actually correctly pegged him anyway??

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 100, Shaziro wrote:Those who specifically want power probably shouldn't get it. In this case, that applies to world congress.
What power does the WC give to host other than the extra delegate for that one day?

P.S. It wasn't intended, but when I saw it I laughed and decided to keep it. You are all invited to the WC at my place! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:46 am

Post by BuJaber »

Maybe koki's opener is NAI but when dunkerdoodle follows it up by voting koki for host it looks pretty suspicious to me. If it is NAI then on what basis did dunker trust koki?

Basically I'm happy voting to lynch either of those 2 because that interaction doesn't feel right to me from a town POV.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:51 am

Post by marshy »

when do the world council stuff start?

VOTE: dunkerdoodles
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 26, Varsoon wrote:
In post 23, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 21, Varsoon wrote:I think it's really important that we try to keep the scum from ending up as leaders
Game-breaking analysis right here.

VOTE: Varsoon
It's almost as if I insinuated you were scum and that I couldn't trust you as our leader AND that your anime gimmick is really lame--did you take that all to heart and get so peeved you had to come back swatting?

VOTE: Kokichi
No, I voted you because it looks like you're saying very obvious things. Only mafia say stuff like that to filler and look busy.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 58, Chara wrote:exactly what i was going to say, again. also to call those voting Gamma for it weak or scum. it's one, small wall. and a posting style.

i don't anything about Civ or politics Shaziro, but let's... do the embassy thing. friendly relations!

VOTE: brass
Agreed. It wasn't THAT bad.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 am

Post by marshy »

In post 105, BuJaber wrote:Maybe koki's opener is NAI but when dunkerdoodle follows it up by voting koki for host it looks pretty suspicious to me. If it is NAI then on what basis did dunker trust koki?

Basically I'm happy voting to lynch either of those 2 because that interaction doesn't feel right to me from a town POV.
hey gamma any thoughts on this post boi?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 88, Chara wrote:
In post 83, Almost50 wrote:HEAL: Almost50

No better place on the planet to host the congress. Trust me.

VOTE: Koki

One of those days I'm gonna guess your alignment right.
show me you're town and i'll consider it, Almost. though that isn't really your style.
talk to me about Kokichi? so far i haven't seen anything particularly AI from him.
He's referring to that he always reads me wrong in every game. But, wouldn't that make him more likely to try and read me closer?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Sigh
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 89, Titus wrote:
In post 86, Chara wrote:blah. Titus is possibly town for this but i don't want to make a rash judgement. she can be a townread, though.

pedit: that's fair, i suppose. we are different players. applogies for bring up things in my last post.
i'm not sure who i want to host. i considered Varsoon but i don't love his Kokichi vote. though it's possible Varsoon just doesn't know Kokichi, as he's easy to scumread.

Shaziro hasn't actually done anything worth townreading, but i kind of want to anyway.
i wouldn't mind hosting. i'm not the best at mechanics but i can do well if i try.
I actually agree with the Koichi vote if we remove actions of other players. You seem to imply there is a personal quirk as to why not Koichi. Why is he so easy to scumread? Can he be easy to SR and scum?
I've only been scum once, and I won the game easily. I've been mislynched as town a lot because some people find my antics 'scummy'
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 94, Chara wrote:and also Kokichi. if Almost has something good i want to hear it.
Just responded. Let me know what you think. I've been right on Almost every game so far, but I'd like another opinion. You seem familiar with him.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 100, Shaziro wrote:Those who specifically want power probably shouldn't get it. In this case, that applies to world congress. I actually kind of like that Titus is being open about not thinking it's a great idea for her to have it, and her reasoning for why not is good. That said, do we really think that the World Congress person needs to be particularly mechanically minded in order to do well? If the list is posted, and we all agree on what we think would be best for town to have in, it doesn't really matter does it? So long as we make somebody we can trust to do as the majority desires, we know we don't have to worry about delegates being wasted and can just yea up the things that go in...right? Am I missing something horribly here?
I don't like this logic at all. Some people are confident in themselves some are not. Its NAI. I don't get how you can sort like that.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 105, BuJaber wrote:Maybe koki's opener is NAI but when dunkerdoodle follows it up by voting koki for host it looks pretty suspicious to me. If it is NAI then on what basis did dunker trust koki?

This is a very lazy read. Are you telling me mafia partners would be that careless? There was no reason as scum we wouldn't have already talked out a plan on who to vote And why. So you saying that is a bit weird and easy to say. How come you hadn't thought it was possible dunk has experience with me and is just comfortable with me as leader? Or how come you didn't think to wait for more interaction between us two?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 105, BuJaber wrote:from a town POV.
Ftr this is a weird thing to say. That can be left unsaid, why did you feel the need to add this? It's not like anyone would automatically think you're thinking for a scum POV
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 106, marshy wrote:when do the world council stuff start?

It's been explained like 3 times. Have you not been reading?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Anyway. I can see why people are voting dunk, them carelessly voting me leader is suspect, but it's possible he didn't read that he couldn't change his vote and did it as RVS thinking he could change. From my perspective, I don't think scum would just unwillingly put their vote for leader like that as I think scum have already come up with a plan on what to do. So from my point of view it's not scummy. But, I can understand why from an outside view it's weird.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I like Titus, Chara and Joey for town currently. I'll post more on why later. Chara when you're back can you respond to my post?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Joey_ »

Dears Nations of the UN Council.

Our Nation decides upon nominating Kokichi Oma for the Host of this prestigious Council, I can only hope others Nations share my support for this Nation.

HEAL: Kokichi Oma

Kindly,
Prime Minister of ******
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:19 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 115, Kokichi Oma wrote:

This is a very lazy read. Are you telling me mafia partners would be that careless? There was no reason as scum we wouldn't have already talked out a plan on who to vote And why. So you saying that is a bit weird and easy to say. How come you hadn't thought it was possible dunk has experience with me and is just comfortable with me as leader? Or how come you didn't think to wait for more interaction between us two?
What makes you think I didn't consider that?

I find it scummy and I went with it. You could use the same argument with every scummy move. Are they really doing that which is obviously scummy? At some point the answer is yes. I wouldn't know unless I test the theory.

Also I did not hammer. One vote is not as final as you make it soubd. Why is it wrong to vote first based on the posts that actually exist and then continue to look at interactions between you?

As for the 2nd post of yours you're reading too much into it. Maybe I didn't need to say it but I did. In my mind it made it clearer exactly what I'm trying to say.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:20 am

Post by marshy »

In post 117, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 106, marshy wrote:when do the world council stuff start?

It's been explained like 3 times. Have you not been reading?
actually i just skimmed back and only saw it once. most of the discussion has been centered on the mechanics of it
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:21 am

Post by marshy »

i believe actiondan and titus are our best shots for congress leader. what do creature and shaziro think of this assertion?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 26, Varsoon wrote:It's almost as if I insinuated you were scum and that I couldn't trust you as our leader AND that your anime gimmick is really lame--did you take that all to heart and get so peeved you had to come back swatting?
Also, the irony of this post is that my avatar is from a game, not anime. Had I posted an image of Alexander the Great. You wouldn't have had an issue. But, it's interesting. You never really stated why you think I'm scum. Tell me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”