Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also
I'm kinda considering Titus as a host pick
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 15, Titus wrote:
Is there a list of resolutions? Like in the base game...
A list of resolutions will be provided once a Congress Host has been selected.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Titus »

In post 71, Chara wrote:Dan: yes, actually.

brass: your timing did look like you were following it. what's scummy about the content?

pedit at Titus: that's really it. all he did was a filler wall. it's not an especially exciting bite. brass's vote was notable because it came after both you and Dan said you didn't like the post.

Joey: there's nothing objective about mafia. though, what exactly are you saying here?
also, why Varsoon?
It's RVS. I don't expect anything exciting but we get exciting things by watching hmmm isn't that interesting grow and see who defends. These are good patterns and something you should be familiar with by now.

You told me to kill, attacked Dan's reasoning and voted Brass.

@Joey, We are clearly not communicating. Your emissaries need retraining. There's not much suspicion on Shaizro just a minor annoyance. Does it not irk you that someone is defending so hard in RVS?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 75, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also
I'm kinda considering Titus as a host pick
Your embassy request is accepted. I am not sure if I want to be host per the mod's recent directive as I am not sure how my resolutions will play out. I'd be glad to do it but early hosts might be more beneficial in someone who is skilled at mechanics and early game.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Joey_ »

brass: your timing did look like you were following it. what's scummy about the content?

pedit at Titus: that's really it. all he did was a filler wall. it's not an especially exciting bite. brass's vote was notable because it came after both you and Dan said you didn't like the post.

Joey: there's nothing objective about mafia. though, what exactly are you saying here?
also, why Varsoon?
Dear Chara,

Our Congressmen and Congreswomen disagrees profundly, there's a lot of information that is objective in the game that is Politics. My point being that there's better and worse reasons to denounces a Nation. Using poor reasons that your Nation personally disagree with on a cultural level means that you objectively disagree with the argument itself and it has nothing to do with the present UN Council.

An exemple : Hitler could denounces an opposing Nation for not participating in the WW2. I, as a Nation, Disagree that not participating to WW2 is a good reason to be denounced and thus, i objectively disagree with the argument itself.

If I am not being clear, your nation can always ask one of my delegate to vulgarise anything for you.

Kindly,
Prime Minister of ********
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If we're thinking "mechanics" I'd probably pick Varsoon, do you agree Titus?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Chara »

we don't get exciting things by sitting and going "hmm", Titus. we get exciting things by going out there and doing something about it.
these
are patterns
you
should be familiar with.

and you know what irks me? is that you keep saying i'm defending Gamma because it's the first conclusion that came into your head, and you refuse to consider the possibility of other reasons.
but i'm not playing this game. i don't want another Undertale. vote me if you like, but i'd rather work with you if it's possible.

anyway. tired of that.

Joey: you're being clear.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 80, Gamma Emerald wrote:If we're thinking "mechanics" I'd probably pick Varsoon, do you agree Titus?

Yes, he makes great games but I need to talk with him a bit and see how he responds to Germany and Koichi. I lean town on Varsoon.

@Chara, I get most of my great games by prodding and going hmm incessantly. Who do you think should be host?

*embassy guards reduce to low alert on Chara*
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

HEAL: Almost50

No better place on the planet to host the congress. Trust me.

VOTE: Koki

One of those days I'm gonna guess your alignment right.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 77, Titus wrote:

also, why Varsoon?
It's RVS. I don't expect anything exciting but we get exciting things by watching hmmm isn't that interesting grow and see who defends. These are good patterns and something you should be familiar with by now.

@Joey, We are clearly not communicating. Your emissaries need retraining. There's not much suspicion on Shaizro just a minor annoyance. Does it not irk you that someone is defending so hard in RVS?
Dear Titus,

My apologies, we never meant to implies that your Nation had anything close to suspicions regarding Shaziro. We meant to say that Chara used the same arguments to defend two differents nations, and thus is a proven behavior that is not only constrained to the Gamma Nation and thus, has more likely nothing to do with defending the Gamma Nation itself. Are we being clearer ?

Again, communication is our priority and we will try to do our best in the future. If subsequents issues should arrives we kindly demand to be contacted in quick fashion to rectify the situation.

Kindly,
Prime Minister of ******
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Titus »

In post 84, Joey_ wrote:
In post 77, Titus wrote:

also, why Varsoon?

Dear Titus,

My apologies, we never meant to implies that your Nation had anything close to suspicions regarding Shaziro. We meant to say that Chara used the same arguments to defend two differents nations, and thus is a proven behavior that is not only constrained to the Gamma Nation and thus, has more likely nothing to do with defending the Gamma Nation itself. Are we being clearer ?

Again, communication is our priority and we will try to do our best in the future. If subsequents issues should arrives we kindly demand to be contacted in quick fashion to rectify the situation.

Kindly,
Prime Minister of ******
Dear Star King,

I am afraid that the similarities you see I am not finding due to Chara being much more invested in Gamma.

I agree that if such an issue arises emissaries should be quickly and carefully dispatched.

*sends delegation*

@Almost50, Perhaps you did not read the rules?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Chara »

blah. Titus is possibly town for this but i don't want to make a rash judgement. she can be a townread, though.

pedit: that's fair, i suppose. we are different players. applogies for bring up things in my last post.
i'm not sure who i want to host. i considered Varsoon but i don't love his Kokichi vote. though it's possible Varsoon just doesn't know Kokichi, as he's easy to scumread.

Shaziro hasn't actually done anything worth townreading, but i kind of want to anyway.
i wouldn't mind hosting. i'm not the best at mechanics but i can do well if i try.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 84, Joey_ wrote:
In post 77, Titus wrote:

also, why Varsoon?

Dear Titus,

Kindly,
Prime Minister of ******
Dear Titus,

We forgot to answer one of the question in your previous correspondance. It doesn't irks our Nation because this situation happened in other UN Council when we weren't Terrorist either. We don't believe it is Terrorist Indicative.

Kindly,
Prime Minister of ******
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Chara »

In post 83, Almost50 wrote:HEAL: Almost50

show me you're town and i'll consider it, Almost. though that isn't really your style.
talk to me about Kokichi? so far i haven't seen anything particularly AI from him.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Titus »

In post 86, Chara wrote:blah. Titus is possibly town for this but i don't want to make a rash judgement. she can be a townread, though.

pedit: that's fair, i suppose. we are different players. applogies for bring up things in my last post.
i'm not sure who i want to host. i considered Varsoon but i don't love his Kokichi vote. though it's possible Varsoon just doesn't know Kokichi, as he's easy to scumread.

Shaziro hasn't actually done anything worth townreading, but i kind of want to anyway.
i wouldn't mind hosting. i'm not the best at mechanics but i can do well if i try.
I actually agree with the Koichi vote if we remove actions of other players. You seem to imply there is a personal quirk as to why not Koichi. Why is he so easy to scumread? Can he be easy to SR and scum?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Titus »

In post 88, Chara wrote:

show me you're town and i'll consider it, Almost. though that isn't really your style.
talk to me about Kokichi? so far i haven't seen anything particularly AI from him.
Please for the love of goodness stop defending players you are not TRing. Let things go. Use the logic to lead you to others before getting your defenses up.

@Joey, Why do you think scum are called terrorists?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 28, brassherald wrote:
@Mod For the votes for who is to host the World Congress, are those a "one and done" vote like Delegates?
Yes. Once you cast your delegate(s) when voting for a host OR a resolution, you cannot take back the delegates that you have cast for the rest of that voting cycle.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 90, Titus wrote:
In post 88, Chara wrote:

Please for the love of goodness stop defending players you are not TRing. Let things go. Use the logic to lead you to others before getting your defenses up.

@Joey, Why do you think scum are called terrorists?
Dear Titus,

We do not believe that scum are called Terrorist by God (Venmar) but all Nations that do not share our agenda are figuratively Terrorists to our prosperity. I hope you understand.

Kindly,
Prime Minister of ********
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Chara »

he could definitely be scum, sure. i don't have any particular reason to think he's town yet. he's just very odd in his playstyle and gets wagoned frequently, but i'm pretty sure i can read him given enough time. sort of.
i can understand others voting it.

pedit: Titus, for the love of all that is holy, stop reading my prod posts as defenses. i'm trying to read Almost.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:35 am

Post by Chara »

and also Kokichi. if Almost has something good i want to hear it.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:35 am

Post by Venmar »

Votecount 1.1

[2]
Varsoon:
Kokichi Oma, Joey_

[0] Nero Cain:

[0] assemblerotws:

[1]
brassherald:
Chara

[2]
Bujaber:
Klazam, Gamma Emerald

:right:
[4]
Kokichi Oma:
Bujaber, Varsoon, Shaziro, Almost50

[0] creature:

[0] Chara:

[1]
Elbirn:
marshy

[3]
Gamma Emerald:
ActionDan, Titus, brassherald

[0] Klazam:

[0] Titus:

[0] Shaziro:

[0] ActionDan:

[0] Joey_:

[2]
Dunkerdoodles:
Elbirn, Nero Cain

[0] pidgey:

[0] jodaxq:

[0] marshy:

[0] ranmaru:

Not Voting
  • Assemblerotws, Creature, Dunkerdoodles, pidgey, Jodaxq, ranmaru

Deadline
  • In (expired on 2018-03-16 22:30:00)
  • Friday, March 16th @10:30pm PST
Mod Notes:
  • With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.

World Congress

Voting for a Congress Host (1.1)

[0] Varsoon:

[0] Nero Cain:

[0] assemblerotws:

[0] brassherald:

[0] Bujaber:

[2]
Kokichi Oma:
Kokichi Oma, Dunkerdoodles

[0] creature:

[0] Chara:

[2]
Elbirn:
Elbirn, Bujaber

[0] Gamma Emerald:

[1]
Klazam:
Klazam

[0] Titus:

[0] Shaziro:

[0] ActionDan:

[0] Joey_:

[0] Dunkerdoodles:

[0] pidgey:

[0] jodaxq:

[1]
almost50:
almost50

[0] marshy:

[0] ranmaru:

Delegates Not Yet Cast:
  • Varsoon (1), Nero Cain (1), Assemblerotws (1), brassherald (1), Creature (1), Chara (1), Gamma Emerald (1), Titus (1), Shaziro (1), ActionDan (1), Joey_, (1), pidgey (1), Jodaxq (1), marshy (1), ranmaru (1)
[/list][/color]
Last edited by Venmar on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:42 am

Post by Titus »

Wait I thought someone else was wanting me to be host.

Why would you want me as a host Gamma?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 96, Titus wrote:Wait I thought someone else was wanting me to be host.

Why would you want me as a host Gamma?
Because I know you're strong as town leader from Real Folk Blues rematch
I would like to determine your alignment before casting a vote but I think it's a good idea to start
<Embrace The Void>

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:09 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 73, Gamma Emerald wrote: I'm trying not to artificially inflate the thread when it's early-game.
I believe the start of a game is critically important to the rest of it so I'm trying to start it with less posts rather than more.
I haven't really posted anything that game-relevant yet.
If you haven't posted anything game relevant then you are inflating your post length (and the thread length) instead of the number of posts at a "critically important" time. There's little difference.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 85, Titus wrote:@Almost50, Perhaps you did not read the rules?
Does it say I can't vote myself to host the congress??

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”