Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2975 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

@Alisae SD is town please sheep me blindly, thank you :D

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2976 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

I think the notion of Mastina pushing me being a viable scum action, would also imply doing it actually accomplishes something for them.
Which it basically never does.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2977 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2879, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 1288, Venmar wrote:oh i was just referring to the non-stop altslips being done by everyone
EXCUSE me.
My 'altslips' were because the account wasn't actually active; it was impossible to post on the right account at the time.
If I had trouble posting on mastina in a game I was playing as that account, you can bet your ass I'd post on mastin2 or some well-known hydra account or the like, since I'm gonna play and not wait for the stupid activation.
1. i wasnt really aiming at you with my hydra comment
2. lol

posting all of this garbage while dreamers is still on page 58 or something is just super counterintuitive play. i don't even remember mastin having this kind of reclusive playstyle in the past
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2978 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2975, Maid Cafe wrote:@Alisae SD is town please sheep me blindly, thank you :D

~B
y

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2979 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

It's not even a me thing.
I don't think Mastina opens the game by making the Yume be invested into a push on someone as scum. It's an odd line of play.

~b

aka beeboy and MariaR
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2980 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:31 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

@Icon: You shouldn't change your reads based on the strength of the players in question. All I'm doing is pointing out that you've outlined a course of action that could easily be scum motivated, and I don't like that course of action because of the benefits to scum it offers.

@OTM: I don't recall Bryona outlining such a course of action? I believe they suggested lynching you, and SD, independently. It's the relational nature of Icon's suggestions that I find troubling. IF x, then y, if y, then z, where following that path to its end with no scum flips saves scum three shots they probably feel they need to take at some point.

So, the issue with Icon and Skybird is that for similar reasons for the likely existence of scum in the hood, multiple scum in the hood isn't especially likely. Possible, yes, but implausible. I haven't done the path, but I think my recall of probabilities is accurate enough a decade later that my thought is accurate. OTM, if you could confirm or deny my thought on that, purely from an objective, probabilistic standpoint?

@MC: about that CW? And I don't object, other than not being sure SS is the best person to vig. He might be just because of his supreme lurker status. Hurts me inside to deliberate call for a vig of an investigative, even a weak one.
-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2981 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:34 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2979, Maid Cafe wrote:It's not even a me thing.
I don't think Mastina opens the game by making the Yume be invested into a push on someone as scum. It's an odd line of play.

~b
is this play alignment indicative? if yes, why is it indicative of town rather than scum? "odd" lines of play don't escape the minds of scum

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2982 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:36 am

In post 2981, Venmar wrote:
In post 2979, Maid Cafe wrote:It's not even a me thing.

~b
is this play alignment indicative? if yes, why is it indicative of town rather than scum? "odd" lines of play don't escape the minds of scum
It's odd for mastina, as part of a hydra with yume. That particular perspective is quite meta based. I mostly agree with it, though the telling thing for me is the choice of targets, rather than the fact of the push itself.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2983 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 2981, Venmar wrote:is this play alignment indicative? if yes, why is it indicative of town rather than scum? "odd" lines of play don't escape the minds of scum
Because it forces Yume into following up on the push on me.
It's a line of play you'd make with a more confident/stronger scum player as a hydra partner that can easily make up a case on anyone.

But I don't think that's a line of play you make with Yume. Considering how easily I could have just decided to fight that and force a 1v1.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2984 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:37 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2980, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Icon: You shouldn't change your reads based on the strength of the players in question. All I'm doing is pointing out that you've outlined a course of action that could easily be scum motivated, and I don't like that course of action because of the benefits to scum it offers.

@OTM: I don't recall Bryona outlining such a course of action? I believe they suggested lynching you, and SD, independently. It's the relational nature of Icon's suggestions that I find troubling. IF x, then y, if y, then z, where following that path to its end with no scum flips saves scum three shots they probably feel they need to take at some point.

So, the issue with Icon and Skybird is that for similar reasons for the likely existence of scum in the hood, multiple scum in the hood isn't especially likely. Possible, yes, but implausible. I haven't done the path, but I think my recall of probabilities is accurate enough a decade later that my thought is accurate. OTM, if you could confirm or deny my thought on that, purely from an objective, probabilistic standpoint?

@MC: about that CW? And I don't object, other than not being sure SS is the best person to vig. He might be just because of his supreme lurker status. Hurts me inside to deliberate call for a vig of an investigative, even a weak one.
-Cerb
Please reread the question.

Taly head of Purple Heart not Bryona is chaining lynches IMHO, with their “If OTM is alive wagon it day two”
Multiple scum in the hood is very unlikely. Agreed possible but very unlikely I have to go to work but the odds of multiple scum in the hood is low. Hence why if SD flips scum which I very much doubt I would then have more data that suggests a low probability world based on heat mapping.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2985 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

I mean like read recent Gamma posts, it kinda feels like he is ignoring the wagon on him and his recent posts aren't really doing much either.
I am pretty sure Gamma is a hit here.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2986 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

Like can anyone really identify what Gamma is accomplishing this game.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2987 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2983, Maid Cafe wrote:Because it forces Yume into following up on the push on me.
It's a line of play you'd make with a more confident/stronger scum player as a hydra partner that can easily make up a case on anyone.

But I don't think that's a line of play you make with Yume. Considering how easily I could have just decided to fight that and force a 1v1.

~B
i can't comment too much on this because i don't think i've played with or played much with yume before. however, i think it's safe to say that mastin has been the primary poster of the hydra, despite mastin saying in the beginning that the plan was for yume to be the primary poster and for mastin to take a more laid back role. yume hasn't even had to commit to a 1v1.

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2988 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2985, Maid Cafe wrote:I mean like read recent Gamma posts, it kinda feels like he is ignoring the wagon on him and his recent posts aren't really doing much either.
I am pretty sure Gamma is a hit here.

~B
Honestly he kinda can. As long as Purple Heart screams and demands for SD Gamma doesn’t have to care regardless of alignment.
And I tend to ignore wagons on myself more as town than scum.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2989 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 am

In post 2984, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 2980, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Icon: You shouldn't change your reads based on the strength of the players in question. All I'm doing is pointing out that you've outlined a course of action that could easily be scum motivated, and I don't like that course of action because of the benefits to scum it offers.

-Cerb
Please reread the question.

Taly head of Purple Heart not Bryona is chaining lynches IMHO, with their “If OTM is alive wagon it day two”
Multiple scum in the hood is very unlikely. Agreed possible but very unlikely I have to go to work but the odds of multiple scum in the hood is low. Hence why if SD flips scum which I very much doubt I would then have more data that suggests a low probability world based on heat mapping.
Ah. Still lacks the relational nature of my objection to Icon, but yes, that is worse than simply saying "I believe x and y are scum". I will check the relevant portions of their ISO to see exactly what they said and give you a better response later.

I expect to be less active than normal during the working hours today, big things are happening tomorrow and we have lots to do.

-Cerb

pedit: @MC: Gamma's originally called out the wagon on him once it got the first ~3 votes, asking for further explanation. Are you disregarding that?
Show

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2990 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2986, Maid Cafe wrote:Like can anyone really identify what Gamma is accomplishing this game.

~B
i've mainly only played with town gamma before and my answer to this is almost always either "i don't know" or "nothing" (no offense)

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2991 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:46 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2987, Venmar wrote:
In post 2983, Maid Cafe wrote:Because it forces Yume into following up on the push on me.

~B
i can't comment too much on this because i don't think i've played with or played much with yume before. however, i think it's safe to say that mastin has been the primary poster of the hydra, despite mastin saying in the beginning that the plan was for yume to be the primary poster and for mastin to take a more laid back role. yume hasn't even had to commit to a 1v1.
Yume is a lurker by nature.
In the memorable game I played with Yume Yume did a very noticable crumb which to be frank probably won scum!me the game. If anything I suspect Yume is forming the reads and Mastina is just pushing them.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2992 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 2988, OnTheMark wrote:Honestly he kinda can. As long as Purple Heart screams and demands for SD Gamma doesn’t have to care regardless of alignment.
That doesn't really address the other concern in the post of "he is not accomplishing much".
Which is the main concern.

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2993 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 2987, Venmar wrote:i can't comment too much on this because i don't think i've played with or played much with yume before. however, i think it's safe to say that mastin has been the primary poster of the hydra, despite mastin saying in the beginning that the plan was for yume to be the primary poster and for mastin to take a more laid back role. yume hasn't even had to commit to a 1v1.
Ya this is pretty reasonable.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2994 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:48 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2992, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 2988, OnTheMark wrote:Honestly he kinda can. As long as Purple Heart screams and demands for SD Gamma doesn’t have to care regardless of alignment.
That doesn't really address the other concern in the post of "he is not accomplishing much".
Which is the main concern.
Neither is half the game with the rate posting is going on. Why pick Gamma?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2995 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:49 am

In post 2987, Venmar wrote:

~B
Neither Mastin nor Yume has committed to much of anything. Yume has gone quiet, and Mastin is 70 pages behind, which is plenty of time for her to craft whatever positions she wants to hold by the time she catches up(again, as either alignment).

-Cerb

pedit: Agreed with the thought that Yume is forming reads and mastin pushing them. At the least, Yume has reads formed and has told mastin those reads, and mastin is actively working to see her hydra partners position without revealing dissonance by outright disagreeing with any position Yume holds that she doesn't agree with.
Show

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2996 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 2994, OnTheMark wrote:Neither is half the game with the rate posting is going on. Why pick Gamma?
Gamma has a large post count.
Who has a large post count and isn't accomplishing anything?

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2997 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:51 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2996, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 2994, OnTheMark wrote:Neither is half the game with the rate posting is going on. Why pick Gamma?
Gamma has a large post count.
Who has a large post count and isn't accomplishing anything?

~B
The entire game. (This is not a joke.)
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2998 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:51 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 2995, Reasonably Rational wrote:Neither Mastin nor Yume has committed to much of anything. Yume has gone quiet, and Mastin is 70 pages behind, which is plenty of time for her to craft whatever positions she wants to hold by the time she catches up(again, as either alignment).
it baffles me that you can write something like this and not be suspicious of the slot.

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2999 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 2997, OnTheMark wrote:The entire game. (This is not a joke.)

So.
You
Cerb
Me
Titus
Purple Heart
Chara
SD
Venmar

All aren't engaging and pushing ideas?
Cause I feel like I could say all of them are.

aka beeboy and MariaR

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”