BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 9:39 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I have yet to see a suggestion that makes the setup balanced where I'm scum and town has all this power.

I'll likely vote Keychain in the next couple days, I think we're getting cold feet because the thread went dead after Keychain posted a wall (Keychain is looking to argue semantics, because if Keychain can win an argument it will make us think we were not just wrong about the argument but about the bigger arguments.)
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Sleep is not coming back to me, so Camn, talk with me :)

I toom a look at the Scum Lynch final VCs and noticed Molla wasn't on either after mastina. I was going to say it looked bad but they only had 1 post among those two days, which was intent on Brian Skies/Mathdino. I doubt they made it on otherwise and that was a day that ended in a Ginngie quickhammer.

Last posts from the Key and BB that day were:
In post 1737, Keychain wrote:
In post 1734, Aristophanes wrote:I guess this is where I check in?

I'm all for a fast day!

VOTE: Briian Skies :P
Oh no did I forget you?

That's L-1 with Ginngie not on the wagon, I think.

Brian is 100% the lynch today but by going to night without hearing from players it's like we're throwing potential information away, for no reason apart from impatience.
In post 1698, BBmolla wrote:Intent to hammer, claim
(Bonus, mine is quoted :P)

Molla's L-1 seems natural, Key's insistance on waiting despite what may as well have been a guilty from Elli sounds rather LAMIST to me. Like, there was no way that wasn't an extremely fast day, so why draw it out but for town points or to try getting someone else implicated for the next day instead of Implo? I see no reason for that post from town.

I do agree that the Molla softs are questionable, but they did say they were doing so to bait an NK didn't they?

Ninja'd
Hey Molla!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Post by camn »

can you cite that behavior?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2777, camn wrote:can you cite that behavior?
Cite which now?

Sorry, I'm dumb :P
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:01 pm

Post by camn »

oops.. that was for BB on the last page.
Can he cite softing as VT?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Ah! XD

All good then! :)
- Jingle
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:20 pm

Post by camn »

I AM REALLY TORN.

If the last scum is not BB or Key, ima be really really unhappy.
If Pine says "ha ha I KNEW NOBODY WOULD THINK I WOULD PICK ARISTO" I might lose my mind.

That said- BB has a point.. on setup spec he is probably town. But when has setup spec won games?
Wheras Keychain has a pretty tight claim, has been digging deep..... which is just what a good scum should do.

I hate mafia.

BUT.. I had a really good idea for a game during all of this :)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I honestly don't see it being Molla tho. Their play just doesn't line up with what I would expect from scum!
- Jingle
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:35 pm

Post by camn »

Lets see if he is FOS on this "I soft to draw the NK" nonsense.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Yee, that should tell us a lot!
- Jingle
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by camn »

ok I have been digging..

It took me, like, 12 games to even find one where BB was ever kightkilled. He seems to get lynched a lot. Also MODS UPDATE POST 1 FFS.
In Newbie 1722 he was NKd N1. He didn't soft at all. He DID announce "newbies get a claim before you hammer or you are insta-scum!" in general, though. Its his IC-speech I think.

Yeah. I didn't find examples. But I didn't do a comprehensive search. TOo many speakeasy posts.. not enough games :)

BB- can you cite?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 12:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Parama's replace out was scummy, but his posts were super-town, none of his posts scream "I'm mastina's scumbyddy" unlike BBmolla's.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 12:58 am

In post 268, Parama wrote:i'd policy lynch math for voting mastina before i policy lynched mastina for self-voting

p-edit: wow. someone who doesn't know dgb, that's actually kinda adorable
He's literally anti-bus'ing.

I had a similar reaction to mastina's gambit, I thought it was dumb drama and I just didn't feel like sorting it out.

Had I been scum I would have bus'ed her mercilessly - because I would have felt she gave me no other option.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:00 am

He's even talking about policy-lynching his buddy... it's like bus'ing, but removing the towncred aspect LOL why would anyone do that?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 am

BBmolla was all, OK! I'm going to steamroll my scumpal and keep my hands clean by not talking about anything else that might compromise me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:05 am

If you want to bus your buddy... you don't call it a policy lynch! You make up some reasons that are going to make you look smart.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:13 am

Post by Aristophanes »

If you and Camn agree on Molla I'll oblige, I just dont feel it! They have an heir of innocence KeyRama doesn't and I don't know that they can pull that off as scum! I mean, their tone is just wrong for scum!

And ya, claims are shitty to deal with atm, but I'd believe the VT and Scum Busdriver a lot more than another goon and a town busdriver! Plus, sorting a game ny claims sucks and I really think KeyRama sounds scummy in their interactions with scum!

Even that quote you posted from 268! It was an attempt to move focus off of mastina and onto another scum who had less heat, probably because Pine didn't want to lose mastina and wanted to ensure the Godfather role stayed intact!

Like, I reaally don't see it not being Key.
- Jingle
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:39 am

You are assuming that molla, if scum, is a goon. A scum busdriver and town redirector is a strange combo, I reckon.

DrippingGoofball PARANOID
Aristophanes PROTECTIVE
BBmolla ????????????????/VANILLA
Keychain BUSDRIVER

mastina was stabbed over and over again with a pen. They were a Godfather | Day 1
Implosion was eaten alive by a single piranha. They were a Goon. | Day 3
Brian Skies was erased from the story. They were a 2-shot roleblocker | Day 2

Centipede Syndrome died in a barn fire. They were a Vanilla Townie | Night 1
Firebringer moved onto a better place. He was a Fruit Vending Arsonist | Night 2
xRECKONERx died along with his 2005 meme. He was a Recruited Mason Nexus. | Night 3
Madoka and Homura were Black-Bagged. They were a Vanilla Townie. | Day 4
MariaR's severed head was placed on a spike. They were a Vanilla Townie | Night 4
Shos thrown into the scrapyard bound and gagged and incinerated. They were a Vanilla Townie | Day 5
Ginngie was died by ????. She was a Vanilla Townie | Night 5
Katsuki was eaten by some giant ass rats. He was a Vengeful Townie | Day 6
Lady Lambdadelta was turned into shamrocks. They were an Odd-Night Redirector | Day 6
Northsidegal was drowned in sewage water. She was a Miller | Night 6

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:37 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 2789, DrippingGoofball wrote:BBmolla was all, OK! I'm going to steamroll my scumpal and keep my hands clean by not talking about anything else that might compromise me.
Iirc the lynched went so quick that I wasn’t even online to post anything

But it was also day 2/3 and we lynched my scumread day 1, I wasn’t going to fight to stop a lynch on two unsure reads.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:38 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 2785, camn wrote:ok I have been digging..

It took me, like, 12 games to even find one where BB was ever kightkilled. He seems to get lynched a lot. Also MODS UPDATE POST 1 FFS.
In Newbie 1722 he was NKd N1. He didn't soft at all. He DID announce "newbies get a claim before you hammer or you are insta-scum!" in general, though. Its his IC-speech I think.

Yeah. I didn't find examples. But I didn't do a comprehensive search. TOo many speakeasy posts.. not enough games :)

BB- can you cite?
I’ll look around, yeah
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 7:41 am

Post by BBmolla »

Also even according to you I get lynched a lot, I’m not a good player. Does that mean I’m more likely town or scum here?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by Keychain »

In post 2775, BBmolla wrote:I'll likely vote Keychain in the next couple days, I think we're getting cold feet because the thread went dead after Keychain posted a wall (Keychain is looking to argue semantics, because if Keychain can win an argument it will make us think we were not just wrong about the argument but about the bigger arguments.)
Which wall?
If you're talking about , there was plenty of activity afterwards.
If you're talking about , the thread was already dead.

Also if you think regarding Aristophanes is arguing semantics, I'm saddened. The stances someone takes and and argues are not semantics. You seem to be expecting me as town to just lay down and die.

Aristophanes wrote: Molla's L-1 seems natural, Key's insistance on waiting despite what may as well have been a guilty from Elli sounds rather LAMIST to me. Like, there was no way that wasn't an extremely fast day, so why draw it out but for town points or to try getting someone else implicated for the next day instead of Implo? I see no reason for that post from town.
Because we still needed one more scum and to find scum it helps a lot to have something to work with. We quick lynch everyday => we have nothing.
In post 2766, Aristophanes wrote:DGB, my biggest priblem with that is like, why would ScuMolla bus mastina so hard? I'm sure mastina never intended on being lynched so I doubt a scum buddy would be that consistently vocal against them! It just doesn't quite make sense to me.

Is there any more to your case?
I don't think that scum would have been relying on keeping mastina around longterm, and indeed a D1 quicklynch would probably have been super useful to them and worth the bus.
Also if your problem is really with a scum buddy being that consistently vocal against mastina, you may want to skim through Mathdino's ISO. Or are you taking that into account already?

DrippingGoofball wrote:If you want to bus your buddy... you don't call it a policy lynch! You make up some reasons that are going to make you look smart.
I'm not sure this is that good as a blanket rule. Again, Mathdino.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2796, Keychain wrote:I don't think that scum would have been relying on keeping mastina around longterm, and indeed a D1 quicklynch would probably have been super useful to them and worth the bus.
Also if your problem is really with a scum buddy being that consistently vocal against mastina, you may want to skim through Mathdino's ISO. Or are you taking that into account already?
I doubt it but I don't think a D1 hardbus was in the plan. It doesn't make sense! Why lick mastina just to have her implode?

And yes, I am taking Mathdino into account. I could see one scum bussing for cred but a double hard bus? I don't see that as likely at all!
- Jingle
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Keychain »

One possible reason:
In post 1419, Centipede Syndrome wrote:also both of them are people who go into scumgames and strategize the fuck out of them.

pop quiz, how would a dino/mastina scumteam think to neuter me?

DINGDINGDING

Limit the damage to a 1 for 1 trade.

I think they partially hoped mastina just got bulldozed QUICKLY and I would just come out hard on them the second I scumread them and then I'd get NK'd.

(Mastina is the obvious sacrifice here in any case given that they know I have a reliable tell on them).

But I didn't get jebaited.

AND HERE WE ARE.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Okay, that does seem legit.

Why wouldn't Implo have been all over that too though? He never once voted scum the entire game! Surely if a quick death was hoped for he would have jumped on that, no?
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”