Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 898, CheekyTeeky wrote:Wow I'm flattered. Yes I'm towning it up not to get lynched because I'm town and I needed to give myself the image of low hanging fruit to get this game going.

The problem I have with you is that you started a case on me already when I was going to replace, I don't see how looking to check if my reads were pulled out of my ass or not does anthing to genuinely progress your read on me. It felt like you already had your mind made up about my alignment but are trying to project an air of objectivity which I don't think exists in your approach. That said, I don't think this behavior necessarily comes from scum given my behaviour so O_O...
...?

just say what your thought process was in regards to townreading reck for saying he was going to vote tbone at deadline. And if it makes sense then it's fine and if it doesn't it's a very likely you pulled it out of your ass to look busy and try to look town as opposed to really reading reck for that reason

it really shouldn't be that hard
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I never said it was hard. I prefer dictating how our engagement is going, it's much easier gauging you this way than me going "oh I did it for x reason"

But since your entire read seems to hinge on this - the context was TBone pushing me/being waffly early on so when Reck stuck his neck out saying he was lynching TBone day end I found that incredibly townie as he was either reaction testing TBone, or seeing his approach to me as scummy, which I also saw at that point.

What made it townie enough for me to overlook him was the perspective of why would scum him do that? I saw no benefit for scum to lock themselves into a lynch at day end. I've since posted about my thoughts on Recks progression regarding Tbone and he's responded so feel free to factor those interactions into your read as well.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I don't strictly agree that my entire read hinges on it but I can see how it maybe seems that way b/c I really wanted that answered so whatever

A lot of your reads seem self-obsessed as hyung said and I think that's generally more likely to come from scum who are paying more attention to who's voting them and why and how to fit into people's reads as town than to evaluate people and find scum, though to be fair a lot of the game so far has revolved around 'are we lynched cheeky or not' so far, plus despite being 37 pages in we have about 20% of the game being completely unreadable due to not showing the fuck up (counting brass being replaced) so I can potentially stretch that to being reasonably flustered town in a hard to read game

But I also think your reaction to Penguin (being a dick for shits and giggles), hyung (saying he's town and you need to process vax & tbone then throwing out a quick scumread on him with like 2 lines of what I think are bad, self-centered reasons), and reck (town for saying he'd vote someone who thought you were scummy, then scum, then writing him off for the day b/c he made a good post, then suggesting he's scum flailing after he votes you literally less than an hour later) are all much more likely to be coming from scum trying to find an out (a way to look town or someone to lynch/push on to keep themselves alive) than town re-evaluating their reads in what looks like a
really
haphazard way.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Well yeah my reads are self obsessed because I made myself a wagon lol. I'm sorry for sorting my wagon I guess?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 902, Gammagooey wrote:town re-evaluating their reads in what looks like a really haphazard way.
I'll forgive you for not understanding my playstyle. This is it in a nutshell.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'd argue that hyung made you a wagon much more than you did but it's not actually worth arguing about. and if you are town i'd say it's prob more my bad than yours for reading you wrong so don't be sorry about it (as opposed to arcangel who will very likely deserve the hot death coming to her for not bothering to play the damn game).

If you want to do something else that might let me read you better though I wouldn't mind an explanation of what you've thought about Pine this game and your current read on him.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I feel like Pine is fine. It's a gut read he's done nothing to warrant suspicion from me yet so I'm happy leaving him as town atm.

I'm looking forward to Hyung returning and answering to my case on him.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

gamma read me pls
green shirt thursdays
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Cheeky, waht do you think of archangel?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

xRECKONERx wrote:gamma read me pls
eh

slight town because nothing you've said so far sounds reck-style-manipulaty and most of it feels genuine but also it's day 1 so why bother manipulating people yet and the things you're genuine about (hating peoples playstyles, softclaiming, tbone thoughts) are things you'd be genuine about as either alignment

slightly more town if cheeky flips scum but still wouldn't be any sort of solid read
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 906, CheekyTeeky wrote:I feel like Pine is fine. It's a gut read he's done nothing to warrant suspicion from me yet so I'm happy leaving him as town atm.

I'm looking forward to Hyung returning and answering to my case on him.
Still not really playing, fwiw. Just skimming and waiting for D2 to start. My D1 game is weak af.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Wow, so I hate this type of bullshit. A) It took me like 2 minutes to delete all of it so I could write the word SNIP so we wouldn't have to read it again.

More importantly, what is the purpose of this post? I'm not asking to meme either.

It would be one thing if northsidegal actually followed up on this...made some inferences on this...or commented on it in any meaningful way. Nope, that didn't happen.

Busy work = scum work is the point I'm getting across. This to me, more than anything, looks like someone trying to emulate what town!them would do. This is the kinda stuff I expect out of mastina when she draws scum.
In post 853, ArcAngel9 wrote:Sorry for my lousy gameplay town.

So who are we lynching today?
In post 878, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 871, Gammagooey wrote:his is the second time arc's completely ignored trying to play the game and just asked people who to lynch instead and she's a bad enough player that I honestly think she'd do this as either alignment so let's just make her fucking dead soon

Aaa... How does this is going to help the town?

Aren't you rather hunt for scum then picking on other stuff? :roll:
Vote: ArcAngel9

I hope this answers your question.
In post 873, Pine wrote:This feels like scumReck

Which means it's probably TownReck

This feels like scumFire

Which means it's probably TownFire

Boys, get along.
This I hate. It seems more like an easy space to occupy than a genuine read.

@Cheeky, are you one of those players who is purposely scummy to help their scum games?
In post 888, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 886, Gammagooey wrote:@Cheeky-how about answer my question first instead of dodging around it for no good reason and then I can probably do that

How bout no.
In a vacuum, this post is enough to see your scum flip. There is no reason someone with a town Role PM should want to spend ANY amount of time being as unhelpful as they possibly can be. What if this is town!Gamma asking you a question? Why are you setting out to mess with his read if he's on the same side as town!Cheeky? Don't tell me it is because you think he's scum...because if that's the case than answering his question honestly doesn't have any consequences...except help scum!Gamma secure your lynch.

Cheeky has instances of showing thought processes that are explicitly anti-town. Maybe I'm overthinking it and Cheeky is actually scum. I've just dealt with too many players recently who try to be as scummy and as unhelpful as possible (see my team mafia game) that it is obviously something that some players do. Am I overcorrecting in the other direction by not challenging this bullshit more?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Pine »

Bite me, T-Boner.

(<3)

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 911, T-Bone wrote: Cheeky has instances of showing thought processes that are explicitly anti-town. Maybe I'm overthinking it and Cheeky is actually scum. I've just dealt with too many players recently who try to be as scummy and as unhelpful as possible (see my team mafia game) that it is obviously something that some players do. Am I overcorrecting in the other direction by not challenging this bullshit more?
Cheeky's looked a lot more sane in her past games from a quick iso check in a few of them - there's maybe an argument to be made that the particular situation of this game could cause it as town or scum but it's def. not an overall playstyle thing imo.

Also from her one game I skimmed where she was scum the emoji/O_O -_-' O_O scumtell seems like it could be a thing with her but I think her overall play here is a better thing to go on.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 912, Pine wrote:easy space to occupy

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 913, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 911, T-Bone wrote: Cheeky has instances of showing thought processes that are explicitly anti-town. Maybe I'm overthinking it and Cheeky is actually scum. I've just dealt with too many players recently who try to be as scummy and as unhelpful as possible (see my team mafia game) that it is obviously something that some players do. Am I overcorrecting in the other direction by not challenging this bullshit more?
Cheeky's looked a lot more sane in her past games from a quick iso check in a few of them - there's maybe an argument to be made that the particular situation of this game could cause it as town or scum but it's def. not an overall playstyle thing imo.

Also from her one game I skimmed where she was scum the emoji/O_O -_-' O_O scumtell seems like it could be a thing with her but I think her overall play here is a better thing to go on.
Yeah but meta is the greatest pro-scum tool that has ever been invented, so I'm not really interested in playstyle from game to game. My question, and my deliberation is related to this game...and how far I should overcorrect if a player is doing things that I find scummy (but things I've recently found to not hold up so well).

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by T-Bone »

EBWOP: And this deliberation is also about me being transparent in my thought processes rather than looking for an immediate answer. There may not be a satisfying answer, and the calculation of lynching scum!Cheeky or preserving town!Cheeky needs to be made. If that makes sense?

(and maybe to triple post and annoy reck somehow)

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

gamma's town
green shirt thursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

@tbone - If it's just the post 888/general dickishness thing I'd ignore it and just go off the rest of her iso for now

if it's more than that and you think most of her 'scummy' play is just anti-town in general and not that correlated to actually being scum then i dunno figure it out yourself but still prob read her iso or some chunks with context and see if you think that mindset comes more from scum or town

i'm personally fine with your arcangel vote too tho so no rush
xRECKONERx wrote:gamma's town
thats supposed to be a secret dont tell everyone gawd
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 914, T-Bone wrote:
In post 912, Pine wrote:easy space to occupy
Yeah, I thought that was explicitly what I was doing. Treading water until either D2 or I started caring. Whichever comes first.

Reck vs Fire being TvT is one of the only strong impressions that I've had all game, along with Hyung and Cheeky both deserving policy rope.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

TBone don't try to understand what I do it'll save both of us a headache. To answer your question, maybe? I don't set out intentionally to preserve my scum game. I only have 2 scum games on site and the meta from each is completely different so I feel my town playstyle is just a result of how I try to read people in a game. I think it's easier to catch scum on the back foot.

Your argument for me not answering Gooey is almost too surface level?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 911, T-Bone wrote:This I hate. It seems more like an easy space to occupy than a genuine read.
This is a great point. Why Arc over anyone else producing content?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 911, T-Bone wrote:
Wow, so I hate this type of bullshit. A) It took me like 2 minutes to delete all of it so I could write the word SNIP so we wouldn't have to read it again.

More importantly, what is the purpose of this post? I'm not asking to meme either.

It would be one thing if northsidegal actually followed up on this...made some inferences on this...or commented on it in any meaningful way. Nope, that didn't happen.

Busy work = scum work is the point I'm getting across. This to me, more than anything, looks like someone trying to emulate what town!them would do. This is the kinda stuff I expect out of mastina when she draws scum.
i'm breaking the 48 hour thing to respond to this (hey, i'm still following along with the thread!) because i think it's kind of silly

that post was literally wagon data from mathblade's automated votecounter tool

if you think i manually counted all of that you're insane, and you also must think that i'm insane or something?

if you really must know, one thing i found interesting from the wagon data was that cheeky was the only real wagon that made it to any real vote count. on just a surface level i think that indicates that she's town - if she were scum i would either expect a counterwagon to have popped up at some point or for there to be more theatric interactions, and just from memory i don't think i've seen any that look like that to me. so, it kind of strengthens my townread there.

really i just did it because i was doing the automated votecount anyways and i thought looking at the wagon data would be interesting. anyways, back to v/la.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

This is the first time I've seen TBone give a stance on anyone this game (unless you want to count his hyung vote which mostly just felt opportunistic to me). While I'm unopposed to an AA9 lynch, there's nothing about his vote there that makes me feel good about him.

His sudden stance that NSG is scummy for posting VC's (really?) and Cheeky for not answering a simple question feel pretty superficial to me as well.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 908, Vaxkiller wrote:Cheeky, waht do you think of archangel?
This is literally her whole ISO:

Spoiler:
In post 261, ArcAngel9 wrote:Hey scummies... Give me a day. Will catch up!!
In post 443, ArcAngel9 wrote:Just got back and i am going to catch up in a bit. So will join the party :)
In post 559, ArcAngel9 wrote:Damn.. i am so behind. so lets me pick up the race from here.

who is getting lynched?
In post 577, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 573, Gammagooey wrote:VOTE: arcangel
Whats your motivation here? :yawn:
In post 853, ArcAngel9 wrote:Sorry for my lousy gameplay town.

So who are we lynching today?
In post 878, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 871, Gammagooey wrote:his is the second time arc's completely ignored trying to play the game and just asked people who to lynch instead and she's a bad enough player that I honestly think she'd do this as either alignment so let's just make her fucking dead soon

Aaa... How does this is going to help the town?

Aren't you rather hunt for scum then picking on other stuff? :roll:

I don't know about the current site meta for lurking but on another site this would be a dead give away for scum. I'm also not familiar with this player at all.

The half-hearted attempts to scum hunt and the explicit self-awareness of their table image is enough to warrant a scum lean but would scum really be this obvious?

What do you think Vax?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”