the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by the worst »

why tf are you lurking then jumping in and making weird comments pre flip?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Ofcourse I'm town. You know I'm town when I lurk.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by Iconeum »

And that's exactly why they should shoot you together with Vax tomorrow
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by the worst »

buuuuullshit.
lurking = no content to read alignment from.

I don't have the experience with iconescum to know whether or not you'd lurk it out as scum--generally you seem better as town, so I would actually expect you to lurk equally or more
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Post by the worst »

avoiding generating content is not going to get you a pass as town dude
--
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Iconeum, Echo Bay Grits goon, has died.

together, they amassed significant wealth, and while their company has had a few downturns throughout its near century in business, their legacy of excellence has given the company a well-deserved reputation for creating only the best. however, the company has been slow to adapt to technology, and while this is in some cases a good thing (the fact that they still rely on the same basic machinery with only minor renovations for manufacturing grits gives them a much-desired reputation as having a real legacy), the fact is, any company in the 21st century needs a robust and well-maintained online presence, and the Echo Bay Grits company simply does not deliver in that regard.

the sisters' legacy is one of innovation in times of hardship, and this sort of innovation is key to their survival. one thing is certain: either the Echo Bay Grits company solves their web presence problem, or their company faces extinction -- not literal extinction, of course, because it's not like anything would cause that to happen, right?

living players and unused shotsthe following players are still alive: the worst, Taly, Ausuka, Davsto, Austerity, Vaxkiller, TheBrie, Lovebird, StefanB, light_ganski, Theta Alpine, Toranaga, wingedcatgirl, Gammagooey, BBmolla

the following players have not used their shot for day 1: none

mod notes:

"--and so the grits company and the weapons contractor are both trying to kill everyone else. I'm not really sure why a grits company needs to kill everyone, but apparently it's pretty important to their business. and, uh, I guess the weapons contractor killing people makes sense because they probably have a bunch of secret shit."

"wait, there's one thing I don't understand. earlier you said they manufacture ammunition, right?"

"yeah."

"and they also have weapons contracts?"

"right. where are you going with this?"

"see, that doesn't make any sense. why would you be in both of those industries at the same time? like I get that on a thematic level they're connected because they're both about things used to kill people but that would be like if a pizza company started making bowls since pizza and bowls are both associated with eating food. I can buy a company doing some weird horizontal growth things if they're going into a field where their expertise already applies, but I really don't think that's the case here. there's no clear correlation between a company being able to competently produce ammunition and being able to design weapons to military contracts."

"I guess you're right, but what do we make of that? I mean, this is the reality we're facing, right? this is what we have to deal with if we want to survive."

"I'm saying I think there's more to this company than meets the eye. this is bigger than anyone involved in this conflict. I was reading up on them, and apparently from a legal standpoint they're headquartered in Colorado of all places even though all their operations take place here. and I looked up the address for their headquarters on AskJeeves maps and it's a completely different company."

"what's the other company?"

"I don't know. I didn't really pay that much attention to it."

"well, look it up again. this shit might be important if you're right about all of this."

"okay, give me a minute. ...okay, it's a company called Future Core Neural Designs. they do... prosthetics?"

"like prosthetic limbs? like for amputees?"

"yeah, but like high tech stuff. like where it's a robotic limb that you can control. look, they have a website, and there's some kind of video with a guy with a robotic arm."

"so why are they claiming to be headquartered here if this is a completely different company?"

"that's what I'm saying, dude -- they're not saying it, and I'm not convinced it's a different company. like if you look on their website everything suggests that they're just headquartered here. the Colorado place was on some leaked tax documents. I guess they can't fake it there."

"okay, so let's suppose you're right about all of this and that these two things are actually the same. what's the reason for that? like what do they have to hide? they're literally a company that makes weapons so the military can kill people, I doubt they have that many skeletons in their closet when that's the thing they've got going on."

"I dunno, man. I just can't shake the feeling that there's more going on here. like this is how this was always gonna go down. we're being played, and we don't know who's pulling the strings."

"to be honest, I think I'm more worried about the possibility that this is all just some crazy random shit that just happened. at least if there's a conspiracy or something there's someone in charge. I mean, the way things are going, we're probably both gonna die soon. people are going crazy out there. it's--"

those were the last words the two friends spoke before the SmartBullet tore holes through their heads.

---

"and you're sure that the Council isn't part of this?"

"obviously I'm not sure; no one's sure about any of this right now. but why would the Council be involved in a slaughter of the whole town? what do they have to gain from that?"

"what don't they have to gain? the Executor has been consolidating power for twelve years, and--"

"the Executor is just a myth. she doesn't exist."

"there are probably five myths for every person who's ever lived in this town. you don't think some of them are true?"

"I mean, what if I'm wrong? what if she does exist? then is she just allowing all this to happen? like, you expect me to believe one person is running the whole show here and she's just standing idly by as the corpses pile up?"

"maybe. stranger things have happened. they're happening as we speak."

"you're not wrong about that."

night 1 has begun. if you have night actions to submit, do so in the next 48 hours.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by xyzzy »

my laptop charger seems to have stopped working, which night delay my ability to update the game for a bit; I'll try to get things going as quickly as possible, but if it takes me a day or two, that's why.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by xyzzy »

the sun rises after a day of death. a plume of dark smoke rises from the still smoldering ashes of a building. the scent of blood permeates through the whole town. those left alive know that none of this is over; there's something instinctual that has taken over, and that instinct will not go away. not yet. there is still more work to be done, still more bloodshed, and still the primal instinct driving the citizens to end each other's lives. there are a few among them who have grown aware of the madness of what's going on, of the fact that there's no need for this to continue, but something continues to push them, something they don't understand.

the Three Operatives watch from a distance and consider the chaos they have wrought; they had previously been unsure of what the scope of this event would be, and the result goes beyond anything they had imagined beforehand. the fire of the handful of burnt out buildings would in time die down, but the fire in the hearts of the citizens of Echo Bay, Maryland seemed to be just as strong now as ever. it had to end eventually, but they feel unsure of the conditions necessary for this to end. this was necessary, though; this is a purge of a system that treated them as disposable tools to accomplish a task. this will ensure that Echo Bay Munitions Co. will never again have the power to do the things it does. it's a necessary sacrifice to stop an entity that has grown too powerful. it's an awful choice that had to be made.

the Council calls an emergency meeting. the Executor considers the choices she has made and prepares her next move.

twenty-nine down, twelve to go.

the end is drawing near.

MagnaofIllusion, Echo Bay citizen, has died.

TheBrie, Echo Bay 1-shot bulletproof citizen, has died.

Taly, Echo Bay Grits goon, has died.

together, they amassed significant wealth, and while their company has had a few downturns throughout its near century in business, their legacy of excellence has given the company a well-deserved reputation for creating only the best. however, the company has been slow to adapt to technology, and while this is in some cases a good thing (the fact that they still rely on the same basic machinery with only minor renovations for manufacturing grits gives them a much-desired reputation as having a real legacy), the fact is, any company in the 21st century needs a robust and well-maintained online presence, and the Echo Bay Grits company simply does not deliver in that regard.

the recently formed online marketing division for the Echo Bay Grits company has most recently faced the uphill battle of trying to increase their company's presence on social media and improve their search engine optimization, or SEO. this effort has proved difficult, though, and it remains difficult to locate the company online; while selling affordable, tasty food in supermarkets and supplying that food in bulk to restaurants across a region are certainly still a viable way to turn a profit, larger, more nationally accessible brands of grits threaten to eventually subsume the Echo Bay Grits company's profits, and the internet is the best and perhaps only way to prevent this from happening.

the sisters' legacy is one of innovation in times of hardship, and this sort of innovation is key to their survival. one thing is certain: either the Echo Bay Grits company solves their web presence problem, or their company faces extinction -- not literal extinction, of course, because it's not like anything would cause that to happen, right?

living players and unused shotsthe following players are still alive: the worst, Ausuka, Davsto, Austerity, Vaxkiller, Lovebird, StefanB, light_ganski, Theta Alpine, Toranaga, wingedcatgirl, Gammagooey

the following players have not used their shot for day 2: the worst, Ausuka, Davsto, Austerity, Vaxkiller, Lovebird, StefanB, light_ganski, Theta Alpine, Toranaga, wingedcatgirl, Gammagooey

mod notes:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 851, Taly wrote:Recommended Shots + More Confident Reads
Screenplay - Read my last several posts.
Iconeum - I've never heard "overexplanation" used as a scumtell come from town. I also wanted to see Varsoon's scumread on them but that was never fucking possible.
Not_Mafia - Horrible random shot, displays no care for the gamestate and I feel like if ANY lurker is scum, he would be my first guess.
INTERESTING
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by the worst »

uh are we looking at 3 scumteams?
if so town has probably lost
--
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Lol, taly was scum.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Lol.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 97, Lovebird wrote:
In post 93, Almost50 wrote:
In post 85, Lovebird wrote:I think taly also seems like scum
Yeah! Scum who's trying to break the game and minimize the casualties. :facepalm:
Can come from scum
In post 101, Lovebird wrote:Idk. I think scum who don't want to get shot know that they have to be obvious town really quick. Or, that's what they expect they need to do, at least.
In post 106, Lovebird wrote:
In post 102, Gorkington wrote:how do i make myself look obviously town
Tell people to stop random shooting and do strategy posts

Like taly
In post 107, Lovebird wrote:
In post 105, Ankamius wrote:In this type of game,

early attention = B A D
But, you already proved this wrong by hard defending taly.

Idk. This mentality loses to scum just thinking one level deeper, I feel.
:)
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 1384, the worst wrote:uh are we looking at 3 scumteams?
if so town has probably lost
Why would you think three scumteams?

Something I missed?
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Lovebird »

I feel like shooting a wallposter. Also maybe someone in pricks.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1382, xyzzy wrote:MagnaofIllusion, Echo Bay citizen, has died.

^ this
--
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Lovebird »

I don't get it. Where's the third team?
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 0, xyzzy wrote:the worst
Ausuka
Davsto
Austerity
Vaxkiller
Lovebird
StefanB
light_ganski
Theta Alpine
Archwing
wingedcatgirl
Gammagooey
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Lovebird »

the worst

Ausuka

Davsto
Austerity
Vaxkiller
Lovebird

StefanB

light_ganski
Theta Alpine
Archwing
wingedcatgirl
Gammagooey

Didn't go too much into this one tbh.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Lovebird »

I think someone should shoot toranaga first.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Lovebird »

I think I hold my shot for a while because I kind of stopped following after I used shot yesterday.
wingedcatgirl
wingedcatgirl
Goon
wingedcatgirl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by wingedcatgirl »

In post 1391, Lovebird wrote:I don't get it. Where's the third team?
The suggestion is that the third nightkill came from a third scumteam.

Not the only possible explanation, but I don't really feel like playing "outguess the mod" today, so I'm leaving it as "I sure
hope
there isn't a third scumteam" for now.
Sylvi, it/they/she
I'd put something cool here but I can't think of anything
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1390, the worst wrote:
In post 1382, xyzzy wrote:MagnaofIllusion, Echo Bay citizen, has died.

^ this
In post 1391, Lovebird wrote:I don't get it. Where's the third team?
three night kills points to three scumteams
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm TRing Lovebird again
--
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sat May 19, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

The mod lsited all the roles and it makes the most sense.

Thanks to scum for shooting taly. I didnt want to say it but I suspected him yesterday, and whoever else was scum reading him good on you (unless ur scum)

Toranga is the ONLY ACCEPTABLE SHOT at the moment. If he shoots me kill him. Association through ico... liked i talked about before N1
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”