Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition (Day 8)

YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:31 am

Post by YT2980 »

to all, just because i’m on v/la for a long while doesn’t mean i’m not gonna try to make a serious impact in this game. no excuses, i will have chances to provide a good bit of content, and when i have the time i will get things done in here. expect some long, concentrated posts when i get the chance. i’ve just got this posted because sightseeing and hanging with my family will take precedence over this game, as i’m in a state i have never been to before.
In post 5293, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:
In post 5291, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:Btw.
Hot take: There's at least 1 scum in (Ankamius, Dunn, YT2980, Kokichi), even if there's or there's not scum somewhere else.

Something just ocurred to me.
Fixed
Now Kaede, I can understand Kokichi even though he’s not my top scumspect, but I’m curious as to what about Dunnstral and Ankamius being scum makes sense to you? I can’t quite wrap my head around the pool of candidates you have it narrowed down to here—knowing myself to be town—and having townreads on both dunn and ank.

Now, if we get down to less than one day in this day phase, dave’s still the top suspect, and there’s nobody that has hammered dave, then I will absolutely be willing to hammer him under those circumstancs because hammering someone you have a townfeel on beats a no-lynch situation anytime, except for when it’s strategically an advantage for town. Or, alternatively, if dave does something between now and then that I peg to be severely scummy (hitting my scumdar). But, only in those scenarios.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:58 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5296, Ankamius wrote:Any scumteam with their salt would plan a bus on me too.

Doesn't mean it happens.
10/10 on responding to the insignificant parts of my post (in this and later post) while
completely ignoring the important part

The case on me from punreader is based on saying it's horribly bad and risky scum play.
The protection on RMOJ from punreader is based on saying it's horribly bad and risky scum play.

You can't have it both ways
. You can't say the flipped scumteam+me makes a horrible play but that same flipped scumteam+RMOJ wouldn't.
Especially given the RMOJ play, if scum,
is working
If scum, RMOJ will win this game by continuing to make promises to town. Nobody but me is ever really going to call BS on it.

Not to mention, I'm not going to "trust" a scumread in any case. AFAIK you could both be scum playing the long game, and IMO you're not doing anything to make you town.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I dont know anymore
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5303 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:39 am

Post by REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE »

hey, i'm sick of this bullshit. can we hurry up and lynch the fuck of this whining bastard please.

"i suck at mafia" "i have a shitty win rate boo hoo"

no shit he'd be pissed because he's left to carry because his shittier teammates died first!

lets just get a lynch going before we all descend into apathy. TIA.
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5304 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:40 am

and who gives a shit if he flips town anyway (PS: he probably isnt, but lets have contingencies)

like, would anyone miss this wanker?

we need to move forward folks
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5305 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:43 am

or we can also afk until deadline then quicklynch a person

that works too
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5306 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Do you have any objections to a lynch on one of the people in Kaede’s pool? I think what she’s getting at is that scum have avoided claiming because a massclaim would break the game and their claims aren’t safe. I remember pjm was pretty pissed at people basing things off mechanics, and again their role was the only scum role we’ve seen that explicitly said their flavor was safe.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5307 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Can we just lynch wilky. Hes being lynched today or tomorrow anyway
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5308 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:34 am

Post by YT2980 »

In post 5306, Alchemist21 wrote:Do you have any objections to a lynch on one of the people in Kaede’s pool? I think what she’s getting at is that scum have avoided claiming because a massclaim would break the game and their claims aren’t safe. I remember pjm was pretty pissed at people basing things off mechanics, and again their role was the only scum role we’ve seen that explicitly said their flavor was safe.
This isn’t a bad theory in practice, but it would depend on 2 things. Do we have any evidence of safe claims from the other scum so far; further, did we get evidence from the prior scum flips? And, also does gif give scum claims that would make sense in the game context based on their actions? I’m venturing an ill-conceived assumption that one would not intentionally endanger scum by giving a bunch of plausible claims to town and not giving scum one as well. That would be a poor game design, and would depend upon how well gif designs this game.

As I’ve stated before in this thread, I’m all for a mass-claim personally, but there seems to be some rather unstated resistance.

There’s currently 4 votes in favor of it: kaede, me, rmoj, and dunnstral iirc. 2 more needed for me to officially state my role.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5309 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 5308, YT2980 wrote:
In post 5306, Alchemist21 wrote:Do you have any objections to a lynch on one of the people in Kaede’s pool? I think what she’s getting at is that scum have avoided claiming because a massclaim would break the game and their claims aren’t safe. I remember pjm was pretty pissed at people basing things off mechanics, and again their role was the only scum role we’ve seen that explicitly said their flavor was safe.
This isn’t a bad theory in practice, but it would depend on 2 things.
Do we have any evidence of safe claims from the other scum so far; further, did we get evidence from the prior scum flips?
And, also does gif give scum claims that would make sense in the game context based on their actions? I’m venturing an ill-conceived assumption that one would not intentionally endanger scum by giving a bunch of plausible claims to town and not giving scum one as well. That would be a poor game design, and would depend upon how well gif designs this game.

As I’ve stated before in this thread, I’m all for a mass-claim personally, but there seems to be some rather unstated resistance.

There’s currently 4 votes in favor of it: kaede, me, rmoj, and dunnstral iirc. 2 more needed for me to officially state my role.
PJM's role explicitly mentioned flavor being safe. I don't remember either of the other flipped scum claiming flavor before they were actually lynched.
Spoiler: Role PM
Piper
Welcome to Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition!

You are
Piper (
Institute Rolecop
)

A reporter in Diamond City who seeks truth... well, but you're the bodysnatched one.

Abilities:
  • Bodyswapped:
    Your flavor is safe to claim as is.
  • I'm a reporter, dammit:
    During the night, you may learn your target's role.

Win Condition
  • Take control of half of the alive players, or when it can not be prevented.
I also made a point in an earlier post about how I think PJM's role could have been meant to be the "plausible" role for the scum team.
In post 5227, Alchemist21 wrote:I really don’t think it’s Dave. I still don’t think he claims Miller unless he’s an actual Miller. To that end, Wilky’s counterclaim makes him even more likely to be Town than Dave. The Nero/pjm slot was an actual role cop and the only flipped scum whom’s role explicitly mentioned having safe flavor. I’d be willing to bet that scum rolecop was meant to look like it fit as a Town PR in a game with 2 Millers.

VOTE: Dunn
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5310 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 am

Post by YT2980 »

interesting, thanks for bringing that up alchemist! i’m not quite sure what that indicates. but i do know flavor is uniquely attached to a role, so that makes me think that maybe his safe claim was actually his own role, minus any scum association.

was this in the role pm of the other 2 flipped scum? because then i would abaolutely be a massive advocate of a mass-roleclaim.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5311 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

It wasn't.
In post 1037, GuyInFreezer wrote:
"Wooooooo we gottem boys!"

Ventriloquist, Second-Gen Synth (
Institute Factional Ability Swapper
), was terminated via mob lynching Day 1.

Second-Gen Synth

You are
Second-Gen Synth (
Institute Factional Ability Swapper
)

A common Institute mook.

Abilities:
  • Bodyswap:
    At any point of the game, you may switch your role with your factional members by PMing the mod.

Win Condition
In post 4743, GuyInFreezer wrote:
MariaR, Kellogg (
Institute 1-shot Bulletproof 1-shot Strongman Reconneusieur
), was lynched Day 4.

Kellogg

You are
Kellogg (
Institute 1-shot Bulletproof 1-shot Strongman Reconneusieur
)

Stone-faced killer hired by the Institute.

Abilities:
  • Cybernetic-enhanced:
    You will withstand 1 normal killing attempt on you.
  • Seasoned Killer:
    Once per game, your nightkill will bypass any sort of protection.
  • Reconnaissance:
    Whoever your target visits/visits the target will be followed by you.

Win Condition

Night 4 deadline: (expired on 2018-06-12 12:39:43)
One caveat is that PJM's role was worded "safe to claim
as-is
", so it's possible something was in place to help them claim flavor, but I'm not sure what that would be and why it would necessitate PJM's role explicitly saying the flavor was safe.
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5312 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Sorry I havent been in a good mood lately.
Back to my old main for now

/quit indefinitely
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5313 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Those names are just people that seem off to me in a scummy sense, call it gut if you will, I didnt even realize that all of them hadn't claimed, maybe that's what caused it to feel off.

/quit indefinitely
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5314 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

Ah yeah I remember now, at least 3 of those 4, are negatively influenced by association with flipped scum [Ankamius, Dunnstral, Kokichi], while the last one [YM] is negatively influenced by interaction with flipped town.
As another Point of Interest, Kokichi's been doing literally nothing this game other than calling for the head of X or Y, and has only actually tried to interact with people at rare times, meanwhile most of his posts is "Let's lynch X" "why havent we lynched X" "Come on let's lynch X already" (not the exact content of the posts but you get the picture).
Iirc Ankamius said somewhere near pmatt's lynch that if it flipped town he might start putting effort, but that if it flipped scum he would just vanish and continue to do nothing (how convenient)
Dunn is just pretty much hard defense of MariaR, is less damning, but cant deny it's existence.

YM's predecessor Ramcius was particularly scummy in a way, but do not forget Day 2, Ouroboros made a case for both Project matt and Ramcius and guess what Project Matt flipped.

/quit indefinitely
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

In post 5314, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:As another Point of Interest, Kokichi's been doing literally nothing this game other than calling for the head of X or Y, and has only actually tried to interact with people at rare times, meanwhile most of his posts is "Let's lynch X" "why havent we lynched X" "Come on let's lynch X already" (not the exact content of the posts but you get the picture).
Oh yeah I forgot to add that he also didnt want Project Matt lynched.

/quit indefinitely
Kaede Akamatsu
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Kaede Akamatsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Kaede Akamatsu »

I remember thinking before that "This couldnt possibly be this obvious" but it's been bugging me in the back of my head for a while.

/quit indefinitely
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5307, Kokichi Oma wrote:Can we just lynch wilky. Hes being lynched today or tomorrow anyway
Was this really a post that was made or did I dream that?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 5314, Kaede Akamatsu wrote: As another Point of Interest, Kokichi's been doing literally nothing this game other than calling for the head of X or Y, and has only actually tried to interact with people at rare times, meanwhile most of his posts is "Let's lynch X" "why havent we lynched X" "Come on let's lynch X already" (not the exact content of the posts but you get the picture).
Iirc Ankamius said somewhere near pmatt's lynch that if it flipped town he might start putting effort, but that if it flipped scum he would just vanish and continue to do nothing (how convenient)
I agree with all of these points.
I get the feeling that both of them are "townread" solely because they aren't doing anything overt to further a scum wincon.
And for some inexplicable reason they aren't doing anything overt to further a town wincon either.
So many sheep, it would be easy for scum to hide there.
So many possible "policy" targets.
Complacent town could lose this. It would be a tragedy to let it slip away after stomping so hard up to this point. 4/5 scum lynches, we should be rolling the rest of scum up.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:07 am

Post by davesaz »

EBWOP 3/4.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

Kaede my thought process around the pjm lynch are easy to see if you look.

I'll probably explain it anyways I guess
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

My and Maria cant be SvS. Obvious based on our interactions. I wont be lynched this game so please do something productive like lynching scummy people.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 5318, davesaz wrote:Complacent town could lose this. It would be a tragedy to let it slip away after stomping so hard up to this point.
This made me laugh
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Also I'm doing nothing cause you guys keep saying the same thing over and over again for the past week and a half. It's annoying.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by YT2980 »

davesaz, i have to ask you something. in the event you are mislynched, what do you feel is the best plan for town moving forward?

dunnstral, what makes you lean towards a townread kokichi? would like to keep whatever evidence you might have for my files, given you’re the only person i can remember stating a townfeel for kokichi.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”