Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12901 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 12816, Toranaga wrote:setup was loltownsided so we had no reason to rush

mathblade was saying like "if we can't find a single wolf in the towncore we deserve to lose!" which, yeah

in hindsight it's easier to see those things but the scum agenda was rolling off his tongue more than it's reasonable and you guys managed to miss all of that
You're saying the same stuff I was saying back when people were going along with the idea of many bombs. No reason to speed it up, etc...

As far as Math goes: if you thought I was townreading math any time past the Pre-cog "challenge" with Titus and the very obviously faked "fighting" between Titus and Math (who always fight so had to "fight" in this game), then I'm glad I fooled you at least. I was trying to fool Math though. Math knew for most of the game that I knew. I think we probably both dropped subtext into our posts.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12902 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

yeah I don't remember that

I don't think you cased her at all then. Also, I don't think you knew her meta at all. I mainly trusted ufo cause he was closer to nancy and played some games with her and I had a strong tr on him. Nancy was doing things to pocket him and I started questioning that day 3.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12903 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

gg anyway you played great ank

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12904 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1558, Ankamius wrote:here's my case:

1. Your tone is significantly subdued this game
2. What you decide to comment on is very safe
3. Your general stances both make sense and are anti-town; the latter I can forgive by itself, but not when combined with the former and #1
4. #1556 is not giving me town feels.
In post 1560, Ankamius wrote:Necromancer:

1. Your tone was blatantly town even without the meltdown D1
2. You were pushing anything and everything you could get your hands on without regard to how it looks
3. Your stances and general thoughts made no sense, but it was pretty clearly not designed to be misleading or pushing a scum agenda
4. Your attack on me was consistently and strongly town, literally the strongest townread I've ever gotten

Minuet's Trio:

I don't know 100% what town-me would have thought (especially since I never read most of the game before I replaced in), but your tone was blatantly town.

I see none of this in your play here.
In post 1561, Ankamius wrote:I'll just point this out:

The push on me in Necromancer was sudden and had force behind it.

This piddling response to the scumread has no oomph behind it. You're not trying to sort a player that you believe should be able to read you but isn't. The way you're trying to pick apart my reasoning and justify why I should be townreading you instead of using it to sort me is a huge indicator that you're not town.
In post 1562, Ankamius wrote:You spent the first several posts in your ISO passively arguing setup stuff, then came out with a lukewarm ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh reads list later.

You aren't trying to sort people.
Your questioning is busiwork.
You're pushing anti-town uses of the setup.

Why should I be townreading this? This is literally a game where none of the indicators I've used to correctly townread you in Necromancer are present and your play doesn't match what I saw in Minuet.

The way you're responding to my scumread is just the final nail in the coffin. If you were town, that would have indicated it in some way.
In post 1565, Ankamius wrote:I think I'm reliving my scumread on Gorkington in police academy 1 here

the similarities are uncanny
In post 1570, Ankamius wrote:I don't write cases unless I have to or feel like town is going to shit the bed hard if I don't force a lynch on one of my scumreads.
In post 1605, Ankamius wrote:I'm going to go with the Gorkington tell here; he obvtowns immediately as town every time and doesn't as scum.

Nancy is looking to be the same, and both players are the type well within the subset of styles I can easily read.
In post 1665, Ankamius wrote:I'm saying Nancy calling me out for not voting her is ridiculous u
In post 1685, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1672, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1667, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1631, Cerberus v666 wrote:@Ankamius: Just to clarify here, you're suspicious of Titus, but *very* suspicious of ASDPI? Is that what I should conclude from everything you've been saying and where your vote is currently located?
Reading is helpful, guys
Misreading more like. I’m almost starting to wonder if this is some bizarro reverse pocket? You’re so badly reading me that you seem to be practically begging me to catch it? But why would you do that? Are you setting me for up for a possible mislynch down the road?

A). You scumread me based on provable faulty reasons. I was far from obvtown in Minuet, considering the fact that I had not one but two all-town wagons on me.

B). You have yet to request any links and/or dispute my blatant MU evidence contradicting your bs read on me.

C). You seem to be locked into an inexplicable tunnel vision and have no need to correctly sort me or even question your read on me.

D). You deliberately misconstrue my post about your voting Numbers and somehow find a way to make it about me instead.

E). Immediately after Sakura’s post about Numbers being at L-6, you suddenly switch wagons?

When does town!Ank ever ignore blatant evidence against pushing a bad lynch on someone but you’re not only doing that here, you’re even doubling down on it? Since when does town!Ank not care about a potential mislynch?

I know you’ll respond that you don’t think I’m one but your sketchy behaviour for all of the reasons I’ve listed above, says otherwise.

See in sharp contrast UFO initially wrongly scumread me but unlike you he actually tried to sort me, that’s why I’m so confident you’re not town here.
A: I told you before, you were obvtown based on the metrics that I look for with you. I've noticed that people read you wrong in Minuet's because of NAI reasons, then started townreading you here for those same reasons after realizing it's not a scumtell. That's not how to read you.

B: I don't use meta outside of my personal experience, especially from a site with a completely different culture and meta. It's very very unlikely that it has any strong correlation to anything here.

C:
You've given me no reason to townread you. You've had no oomph behind your push on me UNTIL IT'S BEEN MADE CLEAR THAT I'M LOSING THE BATTLE.

D: Ok yeah, I misread the post. I hadn't even been awake five minutes.

E: No, immediately after Cerberus asking me about my reads.
In post 1720, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1697, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:A). You don’t know how to read me if this game is any indication.

B). It doesn’t matter that MU is different, the point I’m making is that your main reasons for scumreading me fall flat if you even bother to ISO me in the games I mentioned. It is 100% connected to what’s happening here.

C). If you are truly town here (and I’m seriously doubting that attm), you should actually be happy about that. The fact that. You aren’t plus not even questioning your read on me, makes me doubt your being town in this game.

D). So if you realize that, why not comment on what I actually did intend with that comment?

E). Sure, Sakura’s post had absolutely nothing to do with it. Okay. :igmeou:
You know

MU games aren't going to matter.

The type of read I have on you is based on how your play THIS game matches against what I know about how you think.

Your tone isn't scummy in general, your tone specific to this game is scummy.
Your stances aren't scummy, your stances related to the game itself is scummy.
etc.

This shit isn't something I halfass. I pride myself on being able to read stream of consciousness-type analytical playstyles for a damn good reason.
Look at why I was townreading Papa Zito in Necromancer, that is a very good example of this in action.
You were blatantly trying to scumhunt in Necromancer, you were blatantly town in Minuet, albeit for reasons that most people wouldn't think of at all I think. But what happens when I look at how you've played this game?

Your approach this game isn't town.
Your questioning isn't town.
Your response to my scumread isn't town.

I'm sure I can bullshit up a case that shows this if I stare at your posts long enough, but it's intuitive in nature and I generally don't case unless I'm pretty damn sure I have the game either completely solved or close to solved because then I can fit where every player fits into the gamestate. But, I can just TELL that you're not approaching this as town.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12905 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12901, Drixx wrote:
In post 12816, Toranaga wrote:setup was loltownsided so we had no reason to rush

mathblade was saying like "if we can't find a single wolf in the towncore we deserve to lose!" which, yeah

in hindsight it's easier to see those things but the scum agenda was rolling off his tongue more than it's reasonable and you guys managed to miss all of that
You're saying the same stuff I was saying back when people were going along with the idea of many bombs. No reason to speed it up, etc...

As far as Math goes: if you thought I was townreading math any time past the Pre-cog "challenge" with Titus and the very obviously faked "fighting" between Titus and Math (who always fight so had to "fight" in this game), then I'm glad I fooled you at least. I was trying to fool Math though. Math knew for most of the game that I knew. I think we probably both dropped subtext into our posts.
I was pretty sure you were scumreading me most of the game and the verbal chess was pretty enjoyable. Then when you townread me when I scumclaimed then I didn’t know what to think.

I feel bad to Drixx and Kokichi especially about making you play while not talking. My original plan had everyone playing and that part didnt happen
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12906 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

yeah well I saw all those things from town!nancy before thats why I said I don't think you knew her meta. I can give you links to the way she played.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12907 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Ankamius »

it's not a black and white thing, FA, it's specific to the game itself

I think meta is generally trash because people look at it in a black and white lens, rather than using it as a profiler to assess how likely a specific response is going to occur in a specific situation in the future

the play she displayed itself was not a scumtell, the play she displayed relative to what was going on and the situation at hand was a scumtell
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12908 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

yeah ank I know what you mean. You had a correct read on her. You deserve all credit for that. and sorry for saying I was the first. I completely forgot these posts when I made that comment. your case was not convincing for me at the time.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12909 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I just think nancy town can do the things she did in day 1. at day 2 when she tried and pushed mylo lynch it went a little over borders and I started to see her as scum.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12910 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

read strength doesn't matter if you can't do anything with them
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12911 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:17 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I do wonder if some day ill actually be a good player...
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12912 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 12909, Frozen Angel wrote:I just think nancy town can do the things she did in day 1. at day 2 when she tried and pushed mylo lynch it went a little over borders and I started to see her as scum.
in hindsight, her day one play combined with her day two play was scum indicative in general, primarily the way she was acting towards me the entire time

her read shifts and general attitude shift had no natural thought process behind it, and I didn't note it properly even though I did notice it at the time

Titus being leader d2 really caused a lot of issues it turns out
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12913 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

well that outed titus so it was beneficial for town.

but we could coordinate things way better.

I wish if I had more time to control the mechanics a little more.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12914 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 12911, Sakura Hana wrote:I do wonder if some day ill actually be a good player...
throw the entire game under a critical lens and get to the heart of why the game went the way it did and what your part in it was

see what you did correctly and what you did incorrectly

find the differences separating the two of them

as you analyze more games, find patterns of what you're consistently doing well in and what you're consistently doing poorly in

find the situations that cause each

figure out how you can steer the game towards the situations you excel in while recognizing those situations you do poorly in

etc.

mafia isn't really the type of game you can have a lot of pride in if you want to be strong within it, it's a very complex set of moving parts and no one player is going to have a perfect game... well, ever. there's always more you can do to get better reads, more you can do to recognize and push those better reads, and more you can do to ensure that town reaches the same correct scumreads you do
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12915 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 12914, Ankamius wrote:
In post 12911, Sakura Hana wrote:I do wonder if some day ill actually be a good player...
throw the entire game under a critical lens and get to the heart of why the game went the way it did and what your part in it was

see what you did correctly and what you did incorrectly

find the differences separating the two of them

as you analyze more games, find patterns of what you're consistently doing well in and what you're consistently doing poorly in

find the situations that cause each

figure out how you can steer the game towards the situations you excel in while recognizing those situations you do poorly in

etc.

mafia isn't really the type of game you can have a lot of pride in if you want to be strong within it, it's a very complex set of moving parts and no one player is going to have a perfect game... well, ever. there's always more you can do to get better reads, more you can do to recognize and push those better reads, and more you can do to ensure that town reaches the same correct scumreads you do
Well half of it is "Dont get scared", but I got aggro in Phantom Hourglass and that went south super fast.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12916 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 12905, MathBlade wrote:
In post 12901, Drixx wrote:

I was pretty sure you were scumreading me most of the game and the verbal chess was pretty enjoyable. Then when you townread me when I scumclaimed then I didn’t know what to think.

I feel bad to Drixx and Kokichi especially about making you play while not talking. My original plan had everyone playing and that part didnt happen
You were supposed to think you had me pocketed so I didn't end up dead and unable to finish the game, LOL.

I'm super glad that The Worst realized exactly what I was going for. The only way I could communicate to people was with my team selection. Even so, I needed a lot to go right for it to work. I'm not sure if BS told the dead thread, but I only submitted one team and I took my time doing it... I think he even asked me if I was going to or even was still playing before I did.

1.) I needed the Worst to realize what not being given a team spot meant.
2.) I needed Creature to assume I was duped and act accordingly.
3.) I needed Sando to freeze Creature
4.) I needed all of that to result in a no kill
5.) I needed the worst to immediately claim not being given powers so that Sando could
6.) Put it all together.

I should have asked BS for a PT to talk to myself in since I was stuck playing but unable to post. I tend to be amusing when I'm alive by myself with nobody to talk to (See: SMITE scum chat).
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12917 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:29 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 12916, Drixx wrote:since I was stuck playing but unable to post.
Imagine how I felt considering how much of an active poster i am.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12918 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Although I guess I shouldnt actually say anything since I was only petrified for a fraction of a game day and then I suicided.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12919 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah mainly I had to pick which of you of and Nero was getting petrified leader and which was dying

Nero’s power made him a bit too risky plus I thought it would hurt him more as a person to be in that spot

I hated I had to say Brian made a mod error publically at that point (I still think he made a few but those horses have been beat to death so not rehashing) and I hated what I did to you or Kokichi

If I turned off my emotions I should have made Nero petrified leader
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12920 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 12850, Ankamius wrote:Tora I think you're the only person in this entire playerlist that even remembers a single thing I did this game
the north remembers
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #12921 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I just want you all to take a moment and to remind you all about how Titus outed herself as scum day 1 by trying to act like I'm some sort of puppet shit and her meaningless try to make me randomize my target like that would ever work.

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12922 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Ankamius »

I still don't quite get why there was independent support for Titus being leader...?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12923 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 12922, Ankamius wrote:I still don't quite get why there was independent support for Titus being leader...?
It’s more town wasn’t coordinated and we vote dropped and some people forgot.

My slot voted for her because scum submitted for random.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12924 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

Cerberus was the main person supporting that viewpoint from the town side

I think there was one other person too but I don't quite remember offhand

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”