The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

In post 19, Sando wrote:
In post 2, The Dream Weaver wrote:3. The existence of Daychat is known.
@Mod - do scum have daychat?
Yes.
The moderator account for Brian Skies.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 18, brassherald wrote:I agree with FA claiming first.

And, duck, why didn't you read the thread before posting when Cerb had already posted his idea?
With confirmed daychat I no longer agree that FA should be first, info out quickly imo.

I voted duckling.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

@mod: Shush, don't go quoting your own ambiguous posts at me. We have no reason to assume that abilities won't be available AGAIN in a future phase, so clarification was necessary.

I see absolutely no benefit to the rush of having people express their choices ASAP.

Confirmation of daychat(which we should have assumed anyways means that assuming town doesn't lie, by claiming in advance of the person "most likely" to have been selected by scum(though only marginally more likely than others, as I said before) we give scum the ability to coordinate their claims and say whatever "fits" the situation as revealed by town. If they find out that without their set of votes, their selected teammate would not have won, they can deliberately distance by only having the requisite number of them claim to have voted for that individual. This is, of course, assuming FA is actually scum, or at the least a choice scum decided to make for whatever reasons.

Also, people claiming who they voted for without saying why are being bad and should feel bad for giving out the information most useful to scum, without sharing the information that's useful to town.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by hebichan »

I just like kokichi as a person.

It had no real game reasons.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 27, Cerberus v666 wrote:If they find out that without their set of votes, their selected teammate would not have won, they can deliberately distance by only having the requisite number of them claim to have voted for that individual. This is, of course, assuming FA is actually scum, or at the least a choice scum decided to make for whatever reasons.
Kinda.

Either we just crapshoot the reveal and rely on the fact that scum want to see that info before they post to determine scumminess or, we set an order and hope we get scum early to nail them on forcing them to be truthful in their votes.

I don't see why one is necessarily better than the other.

Meh to your "give reasons", I'll give my reasons (he's basically the only person I play with a reasonable amount and I'm confident I can read into his actions as leader), but it's not time sensitive like the actual person is.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

VOTE: Cerberus
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 23, zMuffinMan wrote:i voted myself
then i voted cupcake because i wanted scum to kill him
then i voted myloninja because cupcake is probably scum and i wanted scum to kill myloninja instead
then i voted myself because i read rule 7
then i looked at the player list and realised i didn't give a shit who got voted leader
then i voted myloninja again for shits and giggles

i am completely and utterly astonished that myloninja didnt end up getting voted leader, he was clearly the most qualified candidate

Vote: Cupcake

99% sure he rolled scum this game. i may say this every game but this time i'm not joking

please help me lynch him before he is able to post
VOTE: zmuffinman

This is scum
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Chickadee »

I voted TW, because I thought there was a good chance other people would as well.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by brassherald »

I voted for Gamma Emerald, because Gamma's a pretty cool dude and has a picture of the Lou Ferrigno Hulk as his avatar right now, I believe, so was an obvious choice for a superhero leader.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Sando »

no-one should correlate these votes yet either, don't make scums job easier than it is.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

i thought we were gonna wait for FA, but might as well, i voted muffin coz he had epic reads on my last game with him.

also muffins > cupcakes
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Sando »

One thing before anyone else reveals:

Should we force all the FA voters to reveal themselves first? Then they have zero info on how many they need to provide to make sure we can't see the lie.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

I voted Cerberus for what should be self evident reasons.

Gut reaction to FA being chosen is that we have a WIFOM loop: either FA is scum or scum picked FA because FA was a safe pick to pile votes onto.

Sakura Hana gets first serious FOS from me.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 37, Drixx wrote:Sakura Hana gets first serious FOS from me.
I think I understand why on this, but just to be sure, could you explain it please?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

pretty sure scum (at least if theyre smart) just voted whoever they thought they might vote as town and the majority of votes just happened to land on FA

i doubt they piled onto FA

i doubt they aren't going to truthfully claim who they voted

any smart scum would be playing the long game; whoever gets voted D1 doesn't matter (except insofar as you want to get into the league of extraordinary gentlemuffins). sac the D1 leader position (if scum gets voted, it's good for them, but if not, it doesn't matter), manipulate reads in such a way that you can vote scum on later nights is the long term plan for any smart scum team. there was obviously going to be a mass claim of votes; better to just be truthful about it D1 and manipulate shit later...
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 31, BBmolla wrote:
In post 23, zMuffinMan wrote:i voted myself
then i voted cupcake because i wanted scum to kill him
then i voted myloninja because cupcake is probably scum and i wanted scum to kill myloninja instead
then i voted myself because i read rule 7
then i looked at the player list and realised i didn't give a shit who got voted leader
then i voted myloninja again for shits and giggles

i am completely and utterly astonished that myloninja didnt end up getting voted leader, he was clearly the most qualified candidate

Vote: Cupcake

99% sure he rolled scum this game. i may say this every game but this time i'm not joking

please help me lynch him before he is able to post
VOTE: zmuffinman

This is scum
sheeping

VOTe: MUFFINS
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I'm also V/LA for the next two months or until [REDACTED] reaches completion, whichever occurs first.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 39, zMuffinMan wrote:pretty sure scum (at least if theyre smart) just voted whoever they thought they might vote as town and the majority of votes just happened to land on FA

any smart scum would be playing the long game; whoever gets voted D1 doesn't matter (except insofar as you want to get into the league of extraordinary gentlemuffins). sac the D1 leader position (if scum gets voted, it's good for them, but if not, it doesn't matter), manipulate reads in such a way that you can vote scum on later nights is the long term plan for any smart scum team. there was obviously going to be a mass claim of votes; better to just be truthful about it D1 and manipulate shit later...
Congrats you get my first vote. I usually hang on to this a while longer.

VOTE: zMuffinMan

While we don't know wether or not scum got to talk pregame during voting, your post here reads like you know they didn't.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I voted for the goatness and I'm glad she is the leader

not that I really know what a leader is for

hi, I'm town, nice to meet you
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 13, the worst wrote:should we claim who we voted for?
also thoughts on the fact D1 elected person probably has reasonably high scum equity?

like I talked myself out of it because surely that'd be too obvious but unless she got 2 votes and everyone else got 1 it's a question

ftr I voted Nancy Drew 39
I'm not sure if the leader has reasonably high scum equity because that suggests all scum voted as a pack for a scum team mate, which may not be true for associative reasons once everyone declares who they voted for.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 27, Cerberus v666 wrote:@mod: Shush, don't go quoting your own ambiguous posts at me. We have no reason to assume that abilities won't be available AGAIN in a future phase, so clarification was necessary.

I see absolutely no benefit to the rush of having people express their choices ASAP.

Confirmation of daychat(which we should have assumed anyways means that assuming town doesn't lie, by claiming in advance of the person "most likely" to have been selected by scum(though only marginally more likely than others, as I said before) we give scum the ability to coordinate their claims and say whatever "fits" the situation as revealed by town. If they find out that without their set of votes, their selected teammate would not have won, they can deliberately distance by only having the requisite number of them claim to have voted for that individual. This is, of course, assuming FA is actually scum, or at the least a choice scum decided to make for whatever reasons.

Also, people claiming who they voted for without saying why are being bad and should feel bad for giving out the information most useful to scum, without sharing the information that's useful to town.
I voted FA cause she is awesome. is that useful to town? is any response useful to town, really?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Toranaga »

In post 39, zMuffinMan wrote:pretty sure scum (at least if theyre smart) just voted whoever they thought they might vote as town and the majority of votes just happened to land on FA

at any rate, I agree with this. I think scum pack voting a scumbuddy is awfully unusual here. they might have done that with FA especifically since she had a high chance of being elected leader, but it's not something we can guess and I'm sure scum can see in advance that people pressuring them to claim their votes might make them look bad once the associative reads kick in.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 45, Toranaga wrote:I voted FA cause she is awesome. is that useful to town? is any response useful to town, really?
Now? Not really. Later, maybe. Can't see how it hurts.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Toranaga »

I like the people who voted muffin becuase their posts are a little weird and especially the second one can look like TMI, and I think the votes are pure reactions to things these people (katsuki, bbmolla and chickadee) find scummy, so I'm fine townreading all of them as much as it's possible this early.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by brassherald »

I think the better practice would be to claim who you voted for, the reason and your favorite superhero.

Like me, I like Green Lantern, specifically, the one played by Ryan Reynolds. That movie is like Citizen Kane, but better.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”