Heroes Wanted! (Game Over)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules) (14+ players). Signup Threads In Queue Forum
MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12950  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:02 pm

In this case she
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12951  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:08 pm

In post 2810, Sakura Hana wrote:I mean i did say i did not want a super power anyway


This one especially
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Sakura Hana
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: April 17, 2013
Location: In the Magical World of Anime
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12952  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:10 pm

In post 12944, Drixx wrote:You should work on that facet of play. You can figure out someone is town a lot by realizing their "story" in the game is natural and makes perfect sense and likewise find a lot of scum because things they were setting up have to be mangled and bent out of shape to fit the narrative they need to push for their "story" to make sense.

I try to do that. Honestly it's more of a lot of things just make sense to me, "I am town, therefore it makes sense to be townread" is one of the things that happens a lot to me which also tends to lead to a lot of OMGUS sometimes because I tend to believe there's scum hand in pushing me when I know im town, moreover when I literally hate to be scum and hence I have the opposite mindset "I am scum, therefore it makes sense to be scumread", which should mean im super easy to read, but in the past i was townread more then i was scum, and mislynched a lot when i was town, most because of the fact that as scum me having the knowledge of everyone's alignment made it super easy to just help town push town and buddy up to them to garner being townread in some way or form, the lack of knowledge of people's alignments change my play around to be more self centered than town centered, which for some reason causes people to think im just scum with self-awareness, and neither of these things i've been able to change through the course of time.
When i see people's play and try to read them, the first thing i think is "Does this make sense as scum to be doing?" or "Does this make sense as town to be doing?" as I generally read people individually rather than a string of events. And more often than not, I actually read the emotions or get "feelings" for their posting and garner reads from that, as an example, the moment Math became leader D4? I felt my heart sink, dunno if that was more of the fact that i wasnt as wanted as i thought, or that was just because it scared me coz i thought he was scum.
Speaking of scaring me, a lot of the time, the vocal players or supposed good scumhunters, scare me when im town. Because I feel like if they scumread me, it's all over and im gonna be mislynched sooner or later, which affects my play around them by a lot, me being passive D1 helped me vote Cerb without getting scared, because at that point i didnt care enough about the game.
But back on D5, I felt Math was scum, I literally went to look at the evidence muffin left that could indiciate Math scum, but i literally got frozen, people had trusted me enough for leader, and my question going through my head was "Am I really confident enough to push this?, What if im wrong? What if people just distrust me and mislynch me because of it?".
Please be nice to me

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12953  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:13 pm

In post 12875, MathBlade wrote:
In post 12866, Frozen Angel wrote:I only picked players to make sure something will happen. IDR what though. And I only chose players from a list that would make that happen

math picking petrify that night was so scummy


Lol no it isn’t. Petrify is was and always will be a flipless vig.

I commented on why in dead chat.

Just because it isn’t what you’re used to doesn’t make it scummy.


everybody but you thinks it's scummy to have petrify and nobody but you thinks of it as simply a flipless vig

and a flipless vig is bad for town math lol

why do you have to even argue over this? if you were town doing that, it'd be equally scummy. since you were actually scum, there was a barrage of evidence against you. it happens, move on. nobody agrees with you so maybe consider the possibility that you're wrong.

also FA is goat. making her leader is a horrible mistake if you're scum.

Frozen Angel
Queen Shifty
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2015
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12954  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:16 pm

The only place a flip less vig was ok for town to use was when we were sure only one scum was around. if we had a heal that would actually be way more awesome! but yeah
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self


"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie

Frozen Angel
Queen Shifty
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2015
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12955  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:17 pm

I mean the healing hand which could anti the petrify
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self


"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12956  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 pm

yeah we did have both in hands on scum on the day I was lynched

petrify does have it's use but as you said, it's a fantastic tool for lategame when we can literally check if the last player is scum by petrifying it

math wanted to use it quite early on though

Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 23, 2015
Location: Geek U.S.A.

Post Post #12957  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:27 pm

In post 12949, MathBlade wrote:Mainly he who doth protest too much wants it.

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas

Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: July 26, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12958  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:40 pm

In post 12957, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 12949, MathBlade wrote:Mainly he who doth protest too much wants it.

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:


Image

Ankamius
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 09, 2011
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12959  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I want all the power
Show

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12960  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:01 pm

In post 12958, Toranaga wrote:
In post 12957, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 12949, MathBlade wrote:Mainly he who doth protest too much wants it.

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:


Image


Obviously in some cases no is no. Like what?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

MathBlade
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12961  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Like context omg

No clearly means no in some cases. Like for example sexual content. If someone says no that is always no.

But like “no I don’t want a billion dollars and a Ferrari and all nice things”
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12962  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:21 pm

In post 12682, Sando wrote:Eh, I'm a stubborn fuck and I'm not really in the business of orating my own decision, may as well get this over with.

GG you two.

VOTE: Creature

thank goodness
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
It is I, Himiko Yumeno, from the Dirt Gun Run Puss! Nah it's just Delthea! Hi there! (Avatar credit goes to Illumina25 on reddit!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12963  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:23 pm

I do not want all the bread. fuck it I want none of the bread.
"He's very bad at quacking. Possibly even the worst."
- vonflare, presumably on someone else

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12964  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:24 pm

TW!!!

HI.

WE DIDN'T GET TO PLAY TOGETHER REALLY BUT WE KINDA DID.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12965  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:49 pm

WE EXISTED ON THE SAME PLAYERLIST AND I LIKED IT!!
"He's very bad at quacking. Possibly even the worst."
- vonflare, presumably on someone else

Frozen Angel
Queen Shifty
 
User avatar
Joined: October 26, 2015
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12966  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:51 pm

this is the purest form of friendship!
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self


"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12967  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:51 pm

In post 12707, The Dream Weaver wrote:I would also like to thank FakeGod for reviewing my setup and being my backup mod. If it weren't for him, all of you would probably have been playing in a dumpster fire of a setup.

Thank you for the wild setup
Honestly this game is sorta a replay of the scenario that went down in The Thing Mafia: numbers was in the position of Toogeloo/Goatmeal, the early bus that was meant to set the rest of the team up. Titus and Math were both kinda like Andrius, the scum who directed the town's efforts in ways that benefited scum. And Nancy/Creature took the role of MOI, the scum who was meant to go deep. Fortunately the scumteam here was less coordinated, plus they got their feet tied up in the mechanics much more than the scum of The Thing Mafia did.
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
It is I, Himiko Yumeno, from the Dirt Gun Run Puss! Nah it's just Delthea! Hi there! (Avatar credit goes to Illumina25 on reddit!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: She

Post Post #12968  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:52 pm

In post 12716, Ankamius wrote:Good game, guys

Most of my thoughts are in my Private PT and in the Dead PT

Yeah
I pretty much gave up on my personal pt after it got buried in my subscriptions
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪
It is I, Himiko Yumeno, from the Dirt Gun Run Puss! Nah it's just Delthea! Hi there! (Avatar credit goes to Illumina25 on reddit!)
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12969  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:53 pm

In post 12964, Cerberus v666 wrote:TW!!!

HI.

WE DIDN'T GET TO PLAY TOGETHER REALLY BUT WE KINDA DID.

In post 12965, the worst wrote:WE EXISTED ON THE SAME PLAYERLIST AND I LIKED IT!!


AND WE WERE ON THE SAME SIDE.

HONESTLY I THINK WE COULD ARGUE THAT WE ACTUALLY WON THIS GAME FOR TOWN, SINCE MY DRIXXISTOWN VOUCHING KEPT HIM LYNCHFREE AND GOT HIM PETRIFIED, AND THAT MEANT HE WAS ABLE TO SEND YOU THE SIGNALS YOU NEEDED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO.

WE'RE THE BEST.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12970  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:59 pm

DREAM DUO RIGHT HERE!!!!

I am actually really proud of myself for sheeping the strength of your read on Drixx but I'm p sure it's worth its wait in gold (and this game probably proves that xD)


Dead thread was one hell of a read.
"He's very bad at quacking. Possibly even the worst."
- vonflare, presumably on someone else

Cerberus v666
Jack of All Trades
 
Joined: November 15, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12971  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Well, unfortunately Mathblade did tell him exactly why I was townreading him because his reason and my reasons were the same(or rather, the reasoning he used to support his fake conclusion was the same as my real reasoning), so my read % on scum!Drixx may have just went down.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009

Sando
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12972  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Drixx why'd you stop SRing me D3?

Sando
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 27, 2009
Location: Sydney Australia
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12973  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:37 pm

In post 12891, Frozen Angel wrote:Yeah, I don't appreciate being called a puppet leader repeatedly if it wasn't obvious.

Sorry if you felt I was one of the ones saying that.

I thought the stacking powers was a mistake, but I also said it was a valid option at the time, it's a hindsight mistake, not one you could or should have foreseen.

You weren't made leader because you were bad, in fact I'd say the fact that you're a good scumhunter with a good rep made you one of the viable options. Not like scum can really suggest me for leader with a straight face :P

I was only critical of not wanting to countenance that scum were pretty ok with you being leader. When we saw petrification we should have put it together, but we needed to be ok with the idea that scum were ok with you being leader for some reason.

I also think in hindsight powering up the strongest players was a mistake, it allowed scum to believably kill off their threats both mechanically and read-wise, and gave us zero info on those kills. But that wasn't your idea much as just the accepted wisdom.

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #12974  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:25 pm

When I saw the Spectator thread was named after me, it made me happy at the time.
I then forgot to follow the game because I got caught up in YGO things.
Feel free to approach me on discord: Alisae#0017
I am modding again read here for more information!
I wanna get to know an Alisae! Part 1 | Part 2

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Theme Park

cron