Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8325 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

^ I would've been furious if we only won via modkill fiat.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8326 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh, I wouldn't have been happy with it!

But I would have accepted it lol
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #8327 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 8323, Nero Cain wrote:I also helped save the game by asking ppl to replace into the Kuroi slot.
Oh yeah... That also kinda screwed over scum. I didn't bring it up because grossarguments but the people actively looking for replacements were all pretty obvtown for it.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8328 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So was I! Like mafia is a game of attrition. I just didn't want a confirm town slot dead.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8329 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Performer »

In post 8323, Nero Cain wrote:I also helped save the game by asking ppl to replace into the Kuroi slot.
+1
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8330 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8327, Jingle wrote:grossarguments
Nth
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8331 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:21 am

Post by jjh927 »

Btw I didn't point this out in game for obvious reasons but this was pretty bad imo
In post 6004, RadiantCowbells wrote:I had a long flavour writeup for this but have chosen to replace it with the following disclaimer:
If you think I was incompetent enough to write a town role that would have ruined the game in the way that this one has I'm not sure why you would /in to one of my games.
Like this smells of modspew
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8332 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:31 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 8327, Jingle wrote:
Oh yeah... That also kinda screwed over scum. I didn't bring it up because grossarguments but the people actively looking for replacements were all pretty obvtown for it.
I looked for replacements too. How else do you think Varsoon joined?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8333 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8332, NicoRobin wrote:
In post 8327, Jingle wrote:
I looked for replacements too. How else do you think Varsoon joined?
I also joined because you asked ftr :)
- Jingle
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8334 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 8331, jjh927 wrote:Btw I didn't point this out in game for obvious reasons but this was pretty bad imo
In post 6004, RadiantCowbells wrote:I had a long flavour writeup for this but have chosen to replace it with the following disclaimer:
If you think I was incompetent enough to write a town role that would have ruined the game in the way that this one has I'm not sure why you would /in to one of my games.
Yeah "I had flavor but I won't post it out of spite; you should have figured out this was a scum role because I'm good at design" isn't a fantastic position to hold.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8335 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Aristophanes »

The role was a smidge broken towards town for either alignment tbh...

But yeah, RC ykuhave rwally clever ideas and stuff! I look forward to joining another of your games, though maybe not a large and maybe from the beginning next time.

Hope all is well buddy! :)
- Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8336 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 8334, Varsoon wrote:
In post 8331, jjh927 wrote:Btw I didn't point this out in game for obvious reasons but this was pretty bad imo
Yeah "I had flavor but I won't post it out of spite; you should have figured out this was a scum role because I'm good at design" isn't a fantastic position to hold.
It's also one to save until postgame at least because that shit only comes out when there were people who were town making the case that Mastina is town by role (read: me and Jingle)
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8337 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

Yo, there is a game in the works, made by yours truly.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66263&p=10620239#p10620239

You are all invited, so join it for shenanigans.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8338 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

It's only modspew if you choose to see it that way

I would have made the post regardless of what any individuals were doing just based off of the damage that the apathy created by said role did.

If you read modspew into my posts you'll be right some of the time but not right a proportionate amount of the time and it's a dangerous road to go down.

Also calling it spite is silly
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #8339 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm

I just wanted everyone to know I'd never do that to you guys :]
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8340 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by profii »

I take it where my role said it would take 4 phases to respawn meant

Lynch
N(1)
D(2)
N(3)
D(4)
And then I’m back...

Sort of thing

I assume we never found that out :lol:
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #8341 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 8335, Aristophanes wrote:The role was a smidge broken towards town for either alignment tbh...
Eh... It's along the same lines as a suicide bomber for scum imo. Best case is it literally never influences the game. Second best case is it takes a town role with you, but that second side is there just in case you need it.

And I agree that RC accidentally modspewed at least one of the like 10 people complaining about mastina's role as town with his flip flavor. There was no way everyone concerned with the role was scum after he made that post. :P
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #8342 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 8340, profii wrote:I take it where my role said it would take 4 phases to respawn meant

Lynch
N(1)
D(2)
N(3)
D(4)
And then I’m back...

Sort of thing

I assume we never found that out :lol:
I legitimately thought your predecessor claimed he'd be back the next day.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8343 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I kinda feel like no lynch and then kill the confirmed town isn't the worst strat ever. You run into some problems if town wants to gladiate your scum buddy. I feel like the biggest problem is Mastina played like scumStina and everyone wanted her dead. Her supporting cast was meh. Scum were very underpowered.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8344 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Lady Angel »

I've also got a game in the queue, featuring more normal mechanics here: viewtopic.php?p=10605883#p10605883

I'd appreciate if you joined it.

Some other notes:
- While in hindsight my idea of dumping Mastina before lylo/mylo was bad, I think it was more bad because her role and determination to wait to the last minute to gladiate people would've killed the game.
- Town overall seemed much stronger this game than scum in terms of roles, with the exception of Mastina (which was unplanned), plus committing to a less optimal strategy that would have really only worked through apathy. Thanks for sticking it out, though.
- Thanks to everyone who replaced in, especially those who replaced into the game during the later stages of the Mastina debacle.
- Of course, thanks to RC for making and hosting this game, and sticking through it despite the delays, player frustration, and seemingly other things. I think most of us had fun despite it all, I know I did.

Lastly, I can't wait to see the roles and other PTs in this game. I'm especially curious to know what my dreams actually did.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #8345 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Scum had some insanely strong powrrs but they took finesse to use

Varsoon being lynched on his own paranoia was very bad for scum, I balanced it as essentially a free mislynch
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #8346 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Like all you had to do with that PR was not claim it and activate it at day start and town is highly unlikely to all vote the same person, so at the cost of your role being confscum you can murder anyone. Scum theme this game was the best defense is a good offense and they had a lot of ways to kill threats to them.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8347 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I agree that scum had strong powers. I think Mastina's role could have easily been used to push a strategic mislynch without her slot getting lynched afterwards, if she had towned the slot enough. Varsoon's role was quite powerful. Strongman countered the protective roles. Town barely had any investigative powers. This seems fairly balanced to me. Town just rolled over the scum, which happens sometimes.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8348 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8344, Lady Angel wrote:I'd appreciate if you joined it.
Are you asking me personally or is this just a general you?

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8349 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Plus a potential triple voter? That's super powerful imo.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”