Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Ok will have a computer on Thursday :D
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Nancy Drew Shogunate (5):
Thor665 (2092),Flicker (2114),Toogeloo (2175),McMenno (2197),Elsa Jay (2199),
McMenno (2):
CheekyTeeky (2024),BuJaber (2082),
Not voting (9):
Jingle,NicoRobin,Chara,Chickadee,Reasonably Rational,Malakittens,Gamma Emerald,northsidegal,Nancy Drew Shogunate (2140),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Still following along. Still without internet
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 2190, CheekyTeeky wrote:Why would you think it cleared anyone if you assumed (from a town PoV) that scum weren't given flavour either?
I didn't assume that, FWIW. From a town point of view.
In post 1304, Jingle wrote:
In post 1301, Chickadee wrote:It's been mod confirmed that flavor is not revealed until flip. I brought it up on page 1, Toog brought it up shortly after in response to me (both before sample role pm was posted). Then somewhere in the middle jumble of pages, Mod posted about it.

So what sets that aside as particularly towny?
Is brought up in a manner that looks like it was intended to be read as non game related, thus not reaching for towncred. Additionally, mod confirmed flavor was redacted because game is broken by mass flavor claim. Which means, scum flavor could very easily not be redacted, because they would have no incentive to claim flavor with town's flavor being redacted. This will be supported/refuted/made irrelevant by the first scum flip, but if I don't mark it down I will forget about it, so it gets noted that someone might look back and notice if it becomes relevant.

If you are correct in that you are first person to bring up the redactedness of flavor, that post becomes super important to look at as well, so thank you for bringing this to my attention. :)
Also, if something seems weird to me, I'm damn sure going to bring it up. That's kind of the whole point. Putting the inconsistencies together to determine if they were town oriented or scum oriented.

And also, I'm not sure how a post to which the point is "You're probably not scum together" is throwing shade on you. Or did you mean when I said that a hypothetical scum you would spend less time looking for your scumbuddies tells than other people's in your reread? Because if the premise is that I'm throwing shade on a theoretical scum you by implying as scum you're likely to be incomplete in your analysis of players whom you are linked to... Shade thrown, I guess.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2168, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2125, Jingle wrote:Is it weird to anyone else that CT went looking for TMI tells in everyone's ISO and found only the least incriminating one in mine? It's kinda been bugging me.
You can't BoP me if you don't know me.
When did he say he was BoPing you?
:eek: :shifty: :igmeou: :? :neutral: :?: :!:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2195, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2191, Toogeloo wrote:
@Mod: Were scum given flavor for their characters, or are all players flavor redacted?
In post 2192, Toogeloo wrote:Actually, never mind. Let me rephase.

Are only town aligned players the ones without role flavor?
Short answer: No.

The idea behind redacting flavour is to prevent alignment-confirmation through matching your role with your flavour.

So, if claiming one's flavour
would directly lead to them getting lynched
, then they got it. (there's no need to redact flavour that is indeed incriminating on it's own). Everyone else's was redacted.

Does this answer your question?
I think I like this better than the “no flavorclaiming allowed” take to alignment indicative flavor
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

No flavorclaiming allowed is lazy modding. I'm never a fan of balancing by adding arbitrary rules.
This is a Parachute.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2198, McMenno wrote:and I would request cheekyteeky to stop spreading fake news about me or have their team shoot me tonight
Yuck.

*notes resistance to wagon*
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2202, Chickadee wrote:Still following along. Still without internet
How are you following along if you have no Internet?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 2204, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2168, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2125, Jingle wrote:Is it weird to anyone else that CT went looking for TMI tells in everyone's ISO and found only the least incriminating one in mine? It's kinda been bugging me.
You can't BoP me if you don't know me.
When did he say he was BoPing you?
:eek: :shifty: :igmeou: :? :neutral: :?: :!:
Really Gamma? He's saying my search of his ISO isn't as thorough as he thinks it should be therefore he's assuming a certain level of proficiency. To sum it up his stance on that is bs.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Anyone know what would happen if an RB was in the mix of PRs soaked up by the lightening rod?

On my drive I came up with some new theories:

All shooters have a %chance of hitting. (I think Chara's slot becomes very interesting if this is the case but I won't go there yet). This assumes that noone was successful and may suggest the % increases based on certain actions or as the game progresses.
A RB or more likely JK is in the mix which put Toogeloo in jail when he used his lightening rod therefore protecting him from kills.

Idk how useful this is but it's still bugging me that Toog is alive with no valid explanation.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm starting to really struggle to remember the last relevant work you did in the thread.
What was your last major push?
If you've had zero major pushes - which day phase should we roughly anticipate one :)
In post 2207, CheekyTeeky wrote:*notes resistance to wagon*
Outside of McMeeno himself and me starting up the Nancy wagon, what resistance are you perceiving?
Elsa's shift seems highly natural considering her claimed role, and I've got no one else I can spot as resisting.
Are you complaining about my resistance?
In post 2210, CheekyTeeky wrote:Idk how useful this is but it's still bugging me that Toog is alive with no valid explanation.
I will give you the *exact* reason.

"The way the kills and protects interacted last night resulted in a situation where Toog lived."

Now, maybe that means there are a lot less kills than you think, or more protects, or maybe Toog is lying and his lightning rod includes some sort of auto-protect shtick. But that's really all we'll know unless you want to go with a massclaim or wait till near the end of the game.

Out of curiosity - I'm not sure what that info much gets us at this stage. Yeah, in a very conceptual sense it doesn't hurt to know how many kills to expect or what sort of protective utility we have, but theorizing about it without pushing for claims feels like a very interesting theory hole that will accomplish absolutely nothing for game solving, yeah?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:13 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 2207, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 2198, McMenno wrote:and I would request cheekyteeky to stop spreading fake news about me or have their team shoot me tonight
Yuck.

*notes resistance to wagon*
is not wanting to be lynched scummy nowadays
mafiascum is on life support
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well if Robin's strategy of not even playing this game while being elsewhere on site can be considered Null or even town by some... Then yes, Menno.

I'm putting down the 9 people I think are town currently, so if the 9 town theory is correct, you guys gotta find the core 9 members you trust, including yourself of course.

Current 9 town in my eyes:. (In order)
By Role

Flicker
Toogeloo (unfortunately)
By General demeanor

Jingle
Thor
Cheeky
Cerb (RR)
By Process of Elimination

Chara
Gamma
Chickadee/McMenno

The final slot is reserved until further notice and future play done by them.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:56 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 2153, Malakittens wrote:
In post 2107, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2106, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 1923, Reasonably Rational wrote:I mean ... that spew of crap could be give up posting I suppose. That's some consolation.

There is a VERY strong reason to believe that NicoRobin is scum in this game. Like bordering on logical certainty reasoning. Just trying to get this in before threadlock.

~D
In post 1935, Almost50 wrote:
A LYNCH has been achieved

VC#0
TPFKAP (9): Thor665, Gamma Emerald, Elsa Jay, CheekyTeeky, BuJaber, Jingle, Nancy Drew Shogunate, Chara, Toogeloo

BuJaber (2): McMenno, Chickadee
Flicker (2): Reasonably Rational, northsidegal
NicoRobin (2): Malakittens TPFKAP

Reasonably Rational (1): NicoRobin

Not Voting: Flicker

Deadline suspended
Interesting. Was TPFKAP possibly distancing here?
TPFKAP, the traitor, whose flip shows that they did not know who their teammates were, was distancing from their unknown teammates?

-Cerb
Was going to say the same thing
This post really bugs me coming from someone who hasn't caught up.

You logged on, read enough context to form this opinion and read this post, and you decide this is worth posting, all while supposedly not being caught up?

I have put you fairly high on my townreads because I think you crumbed your role. I'm thinking now that I'm imagining it because your posting is one of the worst in the game frankly.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 2208, CheekyTeeky wrote:
How are you following along if you have no Internet?
By using phone data, which I’m trying to be sparing about.

And by logging on for little moments at work.

It’s been a very loose “follow along” and when I get internet back (should be today) I plan on reading more carefully.

@thor, I took the stance that nico is town. I think that was noteworthy
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 2213, Elsa Jay wrote:Well if Robin's strategy of not even playing this game while being elsewhere on site can be considered Null or even town by some... Then yes, Menno.
in all of the games I've played with nicorobin and their alts I have never actually seen them do anything of substance... isn't that impressive
mafiascum is on life support
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Malakittens »

Uh ouch for nico
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2210, CheekyTeeky wrote:Idk how useful this is but it's still bugging me that Toog is alive with no valid explanation.
I'll be honest, while I'd rather not look a gift horse in the mouth, I fully expected to be dead today as well. I was really hoping for a Strongman or something to take me out and lose their shot against their original target. However, the simplest explanations are quite frequently the most likely, and that is that there is more than one protective role out there, or Elsa isn't Ascetic as he claims to be (which I don't agree with mod ruling on, but that's neither here nor there).

---
In post 2213, Elsa Jay wrote:Toogeloo (unfortunately)
Awww... you wound me. I'll be completely candid in that I really wanted your lynch yesterday because of you just being "not town," so that I could use my role after a non-town flip and only worry about one potential town death. I don't believe your claim is exactly what you say it is, but now it's a matter of deciding where I feel you actually are in the game, and since I no longer care about my role and your role interaction, I'm not going to push you nearly as vehemently as I did yesterday. You'll get yours in some way, some how.

---
In post 2216, McMenno wrote:in all of the games I've played with nicorobin and their alts I have never actually seen them do anything of substance... isn't that impressive
My only experience with Nico was the last multiball game I played which a few of you were privy to in which Nico rolled Scum but spent all of Day 1 defending themselves and stating that their lurkiness is a town tell, then replaced out and flipped scum on Day 2's lynch.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Also, thinking on setup a bit more, the lack of flavor really favors the idea that town is only 9 members. Town is the crew of Serenity, of which there is really only 9, and that means that there are no available fake claims to give to scum either, so rather than expand the township to characters like Mr Universe or other "allies," it seems that the crew is fully accounted for here, and then everyone else is antagonistic to their survival.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

It would be very fluffy to the show. :lol:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:31 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ugh you guys suck. I still think McMenno is scum and Jingle shouldn't be trusted but what the heck let's lynch NDS. Tor if you're scum again I'm never going to believe you're town ever again.

VOTE: NDS
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2219, Toogeloo wrote:Also, thinking on setup a bit more, the lack of flavor really favors the idea that town is only 9 members. Town is the crew of Serenity, of which there is really only 9, and that means that there are no available fake claims to give to scum either, so rather than expand the township to characters like Mr Universe or other "allies," it seems that the crew is fully accounted for here, and then everyone else is antagonistic to their survival.
Or neutral. Never forget Neutral.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2221, CheekyTeeky wrote:Jingle shouldn't be trusted
Probably accurate regardless of my alignment. :P

Is there anything more to the Menno case than that he might have known scum had flavor?
Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2219, Toogeloo wrote:Also, thinking on setup a bit more, the lack of flavor really favors the idea that town is only 9 members. Town is the crew of Serenity, of which there is really only 9, and that means that there are no available fake claims to give to scum either, so rather than expand the township to characters like Mr Universe or other "allies," it seems that the crew is fully accounted for here, and then everyone else is antagonistic to their survival.
Or neutral. Never forget Neutral.
"What makes a man turn neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"

VOTE: NSG

Srs business.

Also, only having one wagon bores me.
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Honestly RN I'm hoping Nancy sonehow pulls a miracle and convinces everyone the truth of their alignment.

Kinda also waiting for Drixx to appear as well, to be Frank.

Having a Hydra with 1 quiet head is... Terrifying, to say the least.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”