Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 4672, RightKnight wrote:Everyone apologizing except for Flicker. Noted.
I'm sorry you were scum ;)
This is a Parachute.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 4671, Almost50 wrote:The craziest player .. by far .. was EJ. We (myself, ruru & Varsoon) were wondering what he was doing with the Doctor fake claim. Then it got interesting. I'll smoke whatever you're smoking dude. :lol:

It's pure simple imagination. Nothing more, nothing less.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 4667, Malakittens wrote:Toog you may have been another one I kinda snapped at.
Don't. Part of my playstyle is that I tend to antagonize a bit and speak bluntly. It's just one of my charms both in game and in real life. I try to make sure I don't make things personal, but I know I am an ass.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4677, Toogeloo wrote:but I know I am an ass.
:lol: Anyone who call themselves an ass are most definitely not.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 4678, Almost50 wrote:
Agree to disagree on that.
I made a GTKAS. Go shitpost in it if you want. It's very lonely.

"Even when I leave mafia and play an entirely different game I can't escape you you menace." - North/Wenya
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 4679, Elsa Jay wrote:
agree to agree with Elsa.
not that i think Toog is an ass!
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Sorry if I annoyed anyone when I was high.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Malakittens »

No I was just a bitch this last Day
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Good game everybody. I still think the movie trailer for HoB was a it misleading, but the second video was good. I just got really hung up on the movie trailer thing.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 am

Post by Aristophanes »

What a game! =D
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

Fun game, good playerlist, probably too townsided. I hear A50's arguments for 'different plays' but I don't think I fully buy them.
At the very least both Mala's and my role needed easier wincons.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4675, Jingle wrote:
In post 4672, RightKnight wrote:Everyone apologizing except for Flicker. Noted.
I'm sorry you were scum ;)
:lol:

No, I’m serious. I honestly think her reaction to me was unfair, rude and unwarrented.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:11 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4676, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 4671, Almost50 wrote:The craziest player .. by far .. was EJ. We (myself, ruru & Varsoon) were wondering what he was doing with the Doctor fake claim. Then it got interesting. I'll smoke whatever you're smoking dude. :lol:

It's pure simple imagination. Nothing more, nothing less.
Judging by the NAs, town definitely ows you a huge debt of gratitude, as you clearly did block many of the kills with your play. Scum - not us obviously - since we never even considered targeting you until you sr us - would have killed a few more townies, if it weren’t for you.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4680, Chara wrote:
In post 4679, Elsa Jay wrote:
agree to agree with Elsa.
not that i think Toog is an ass!
Chara, I really did mean everything I said to you and in this game - other than I’m town, obviously. I really did enjoy playing with you both in this game and in Undertale.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4685, Thor665 wrote:Fun game, good playerlist, probably too townsided. I hear A50's arguments for 'different plays' but I don't think I fully buy them.
At the very least both Mala's and my role needed easier wincons.
And mine! We had the exact same role pm, except you were a Reaver and I was the Operative. Otherwise, they are identical - except yours mentions nothing about Simon or River. We were BOTH SKs in this game, with the exact same abilities and wincon.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4689, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:with the exact same abilities
I beg to differ. One of Thor's abilities is look Town enough for the general public to be convinced he's Town. You have a very different play style as Scum than your Town play. :P

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4690, Almost50 wrote:
In post 4689, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:with the exact same abilities
I beg to differ. One of Thor's abilities is look Town enough for the general public to be convinced he's Town. You have a very different play style as Scum than your Town play. :P
Not necessarily. I played similarly in Undertale, because I was pretty much clueless for much of that game.

However, I’m very curious as to what you think my scum play is vs. my town play.

That’s probably why Chara tr me. Tbf, Tora had quite a bit of scum equity that I obviously could never overcome but yeah, I derp as either alignment - like I did with the traitor role pm - that some people wrongly misconstrued as a scum slip, when it obviously wasn’t and I never ever fake my emotions.

However, on MU, I have frequently been wrongly sr and even mislynched. In Necromancer, I almost got maj’d in the span of 2 hours for freaking out over RVS votes, only to become nearly everyone’s #1 townie by the EOD. :lol:

I play the scummiest whenever I roll town PR for some reason. \_0_/

At any rate, I wasn’t officially scum here, only technically. IOW, I was SK not Mafia - which unless you have massive nightkill protection is super hard to play because unlike Mafia, I am not the “informed minority” - which has its advantages and disadvantages.

Being IM, means your individual survival isn’t necessary to win and usually parity with town is all that’s needed. Needing to be the only one alive and convincing everyone that I am the most obvtown player left in the game, is damned hard. On the upside, it’s a lot easier to have genuine reads because as SK, you aren’t IM.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Alright! I'm at a computer.

First, thanks for the game A50. I'm glad Drixx and I got to keep up our habit of being very important people in the theme of games we play in. :)

Regarding balance: Chickadee's role was definitely overpowered. Perhaps it's just because we didn't see sufficient town imagery, but the scum imagery was clearly enough scummy to enable strong arguments to be made that they're scum; she really was functionally a day cop for at least 3 of the 5 scum slots. That combined with a masonry is a bit much, even with 3 anti-town shots in play.

The scum protectives likely weren't enough; none of them were capable of being proactive while defending themselves even a single time.

Mala's role was...difficult, to say the least. I do agree that she should have been informed of who mal was. That would have been a decent way to help her out. The only way she would have known who Malcolm was without mass claiming of the flavor pieces left in our role PM's was through them getting lynched/venge'd and Bujaber dying and her somehow convincing everyone to lynch a conftown. Like...no. Not going to happen.

I think an interesting take on her role(and way to balance out chickadee's) would have been to give chickadee's investigative ability to Mala. That gives her a way to find Mal and makes it so that overpowered investigative ability wasn't going to be used perfectly in town's favor; perhaps limited protection instead of unlimited should have been attached in that case as well.

EJ's role was fine? Survivor non-weak ascetic BP hider seems like it should always be able to win, so the win condition might be too easy compared to a standard survivor. EJ should have never been at risk of being lynched or shot if not for their own gambits.

Now, the flavor thing: I don't think that having any bit of flavor in our role PM's that existed outside the sample role pm should have happened, or if it did, it should have happened for everyone, and been made clear to the scum. The clears we got from the whole thing with flicker shouldn't have been possible. The guilties clearly weren't, so that's fine at least...but in a game with a cop and masons, getting additional clears for free shouldn't be possible(especially when a single crew member flip clears 3 other individuals(two of whom were masons, sure, but still)).

Balance thoughts all done.

ND39: Drixx was CERTAIN you guys were scum on D1, but after comparing your play here and your play in Heroes, he decided that it was a false positive because your play was so different. You'll have to hear from him on his thoughts there, but yeah, you coming into the slot likely saved you guys from being lynched D1. :P
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
RightKnight
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
RightKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:34 am

Post by RightKnight »

In post 4692, Cerberus v666 wrote:Alright! I'm at a computer.

First, thanks for the game A50. I'm glad Drixx and I got to keep up our habit of being very important people in the theme of games we play in. :)

Regarding balance: Chickadee's role was definitely overpowered. Perhaps it's just because we didn't see sufficient town imagery, but the scum imagery was clearly enough scummy to enable strong arguments to be made that they're scum; she really was functionally a day cop for at least 3 of the 5 scum slots. That combined with a masonry is a bit much, even with 3 anti-town shots in play.

The scum protectives likely weren't enough; none of them were capable of being proactive while defending themselves even a single time.

Mala's role was...difficult, to say the least. I do agree that she should have been informed of who mal was. That would have been a decent way to help her out. The only way she would have known who Malcolm was without mass claiming of the flavor pieces left in our role PM's was through them getting lynched/venge'd and Bujaber dying and her somehow convincing everyone to lynch a conftown. Like...no. Not going to happen.

I think an interesting take on her role(and way to balance out chickadee's) would have been to give chickadee's investigative ability to Mala. That gives her a way to find Mal and makes it so that overpowered investigative ability wasn't going to be used perfectly in town's favor; perhaps limited protection instead of unlimited should have been attached in that case as well.

EJ's role was fine? Survivor non-weak ascetic BP hider seems like it should always be able to win, so the win condition might be too easy compared to a standard survivor. EJ should have never been at risk of being lynched or shot if not for their own gambits.

Now, the flavor thing: I don't think that having any bit of flavor in our role PM's that existed outside the sample role pm should have happened, or if it did, it should have happened for everyone, and been made clear to the scum. The clears we got from the whole thing with flicker shouldn't have been possible. The guilties clearly weren't, so that's fine at least...but in a game with a cop and masons, getting additional clears for free shouldn't be possible(especially when a single crew member flip clears 3 other individuals(two of whom were masons, sure, but still)).

ND39: Drixx was CERTAIN you guys were scum on D1, but after comparing your play here and your play in Heroes, he decided that it was a false positive because your play was so different. You'll have to hear from him on his thoughts there, but yeah, you coming into the slot likely saved you guys from being lynched D1. :P
<3 Thanks for that. Do you think I might have gotten further in the game if A50 had given me a reasonable fakeclaim? Faking abilities in Heroes was difficult enough but trying to figure something like that out without knowing anything about the flavour or general inexperience with playing scum/anti-town roles in general - This was only my 4th game ever, where I haven’t played as town - not just on MS.

Or had I been playing this slot alone, from the getgo. Math did a pretty decent job, considering he didn’t really know what was happening in the game, most of the time. Anyone would have lockedtowned us based solely on our Discord chat. I mean obviously - minus the NK talk. :lol:

Anyway, as I already explained to A50, playing as an SK is very different than playing Mafia. Also Heroes was my first scum/anti-town Mafia game ever.

~Nancy
Things are as they are. Looking out into it the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.
~ Alan Watts
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4693, RightKnight wrote:
In post 4692, Cerberus v666 wrote:Alright! I'm at a computer.

<3 Thanks for that. Do you think I might have gotten further in the game if A50 had given me a reasonable fakeclaim? Faking abilities in Heroes was difficult enough but trying to figure something like that out without knowing anything about the flavour or general inexperience with playing scum/anti-town roles in general - This was only my 4th game ever, where I haven’t played as town - not just on MS.

Or had I been playing this slot alone, from the getgo. Math did a pretty decent job, considering he didn’t really know what was happening in the game, most of the time. Anyone would have lockedtowned us based solely on our Discord chat. I mean obviously - minus the NK talk. :lol:

Anyway, as I already explained to A50, playing as an SK is very different than playing Mafia. Also Heroes was my first scum/anti-town Mafia game ever.

~Nancy
I think there was no rational reason to suspect your slot other than PoE and setup spec. Reasonable fake claims/changes in the setup would have been helpful. I do, however, think that a review of D1's play that flagged us in light of the realization that it was unlikely more groupscum existed would have probably sunk your slot eventually no matter what, but you would have definitely had a better shot at staying alive, and being caught would have required people actual review early game play(which nobody ever does).
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Almost50 »

Just so you all know it, the next Overkill will have tweaks to many aspects. No 2 role PMs will be exactly the same regardless of role/alignment. Fake claims already provided for all non-town players. Referencing game-related interactions with the mod outside of your own Role PM and/or action results is an offense punished by a modkill, regardless of whether it's true or fake.

Also, info available about your own flavor with links to another site (imdb) for reference. HOWEVER, knowledge of any flavor is NOT necessary and will have no bearing on the game at all. (That's me saying there will be no Flavor Cops and the flavor cannot be gamed anyway).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

Also trying to work out something to guarantee more NKs :twisted:

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4695, Almost50 wrote:Just so you all know it, the next Overkill will have tweaks to many aspects. No 2 role PMs will be exactly the same regardless of role/alignment. Fake claims already provided for all non-town players. Referencing game-related interactions with the mod outside of your own Role PM and/or action results is an offense punished by a modkill, regardless of whether it's true or fake.

Also, info available about your own flavor with links to another site (imdb) for reference. HOWEVER, knowledge of any flavor is NOT necessary and will have no bearing on the game at all. (That's me saying there will be no Flavor Cops and the flavor cannot be gamed anyway).
What will the theme be?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4697, Cerberus v666 wrote:What will the theme be?
Death by Snu Snu I hope!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

:lol:

Just .. |A Blood-Thirsty Sylvester Stallone" themed game. Characters Mr Stallone played in his long career. You all get to be Sylvester. :lol:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”