Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4750 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like, let's switch subjects and talk about how I had a good chunk of scum pegged and I mostly redeemed a slot that was about to get lynched.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4751 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Eh, I’ve claimed plenty of stuff like that as town.

I had the game of 6 claims once. That was pretty cool. I eventually got conf town’d, though.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4752 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4750, Nero Cain wrote:like, let's switch subjects and talk about how I had a good chunk of scum pegged and I mostly redeemed a slot that was about to get lynched.
And you caused the eventual winner a lot of grief from your 2 night actions.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4753 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by DVa »

Is the mod thread PT unlocked? I wanted to look at the full setup
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4754 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Both Mala and I targeted RCE night 2, and Nero bus drivers us both over to Tails...-.-

Same out come happened, but that’s just solid trolling.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4755 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by profii »

In post 4751, Flavor Leaf wrote:Eh, I’ve claimed plenty of stuff like that as town.

I had the game of 6 claims once. That was pretty cool. I eventually got conf town’d, though.
idk what point i decided that was a scum claim from you (more than your first post!) but yeah if i was vt I'd tunnel the __ out of that :D
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4756 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4745, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4509, Cerberus v666 wrote:Dva, you're bad, and you should feel bad.
like, you're being toxic right out of the gate.
Yeah, like your point is so obvious. He just doesn’t want to admit any wrongdoing here. As for my play, I really do believe what I’ve been saying. This isn’t false pride talking at all. I genuinely believe I did the best I could under the circumstances - short of having a more experienced player to guide me at the time. So, I honestly don’t understand what Cerb and anyone else is wanting me to “admit” to. If I really feel I played badly, 1 100% would admit it but I didn’t. I was just simply WRONG and I won’t apologize for not being God.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4757 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I forgot who I targetted.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4758 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 4748, profii wrote:
In post 27, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 22, profii wrote:
In post 20, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 18, RCEnigma wrote:Let's get to the real question. Why are you so active?
It’ll probably settle down eventually. I just happened to be online doing nothing when the game started.

I haven’t been doing much lately.
Nice setup of using your unbusy schedule for hyper posting and looking towny!
I’m looking towny?

I’m not trying to. I’m trying to look scummy tbh. I need to get shot tonight.
if we got into a 1 v 1 i would use this post vs all the times you've claimed something to invite a night kill to make my point

but i didnt want to risk my cop power too much but i suck at playing it cool haha
This will be my FL meta read.
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4759 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Alonzo »

Just gonna say to the Mods that this was one of the most elaborate and well executed setups I think I have ever seen, you love for Sly and the game of Mafia really shone here, and if there is a petition for game of the year, send me the link so I can sign it.

GG WP all
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4760 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4746, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4743, profii wrote:VOTE: Gladiate DrewVa and Cerb
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’d settle for just muzzling him at this point. Amzela must be a saint, is all I have to add to that.
AmmiZLToday at 5:14 PM

Mmm... I don’t like how Nancy attacked you but also she’s sensitive and you dug so can’t blame her.
Your online persona is different than how you are in person
Cerberus v6.66Today at 5:16 PM
mhm
My online persona is identical to how I am
just not in mafia
idk, mafia is weird
:-/

From our discord a bit ago.

And yes, I did get her permission to post that.

In post game discussions I'm a lot less accepting of people not accepting criticism than I am in life in general, and I'm a lot less..nice, I suppose. Feel free to look around the site at me posting in other contexts if you actually want to get a view of how I am.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4761 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 4754, Flavor Leaf wrote:Both Mala and I targeted RCE night 2, and Nero bus drivers us both over to Tails...-.-

Same out come happened, but that’s just solid trolling.
Hey hey, I'm part of the team now.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4762 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4747, Nero Cain wrote:
Are you loyal?
Rofl
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4763 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 97, Wisdom wrote:mafia are out and 3ps dont have any reason to kill him

Technically i dont either, but I'd rather he doesn't clear everyone as not underdog
This right here is when things went wrong for town :P

the other killers began to play vs town rather than against other killers *because* they thought there would be a balance between the different mafia factions
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4764 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Also, ftr: Had I not known how hard Amzela was working last night, and how much it stressed her trying to figure the game out so she'd make the right decision if she was alive this morning, I likely wouldn't have been so harsh towards you DrewVa, but knowing how much it was affecting her the actions you guys took felt very disrespectful of her and anyone else who may have tried just as hard and been just as invested in this game.

That's really why I used so much vitriol in my initial engagement, rather than the nicer alternatives. *shrug*
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4765 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4625, Cerberus v666 wrote:Nerfing the mafia by giving them the usurper and making them a 3 man team who thought they were a 4 man team(yet letting the 4th man still get them a win) is also poor balance between the groupscum factions.
This was put of necessity. :lol:

Everyone needs to read this in details (like, read the whole thing) to understand how I got to even think of the role FL got.

Basically the Mafia were a 4 man team, but needed to die in certain order for all of then to win. Cheeky could've died anytime and it wouldn't have mattered for her. She was the RB though (Underdogs didn't have any PRs. Just a GF & 2 Goons). For BuJ to win though Varsoon had to go first. Then for FL to win everyone had to go. So, Mafia couls have won as 4 (and they did) or only 3 of them could (either FL or BuJ could have lost while Varsoon & Cheeky won), or even as 2 (Varsoon & Cheeky could've survived FL & BuJ, or even BuJ endgaming with Varsoon still alive).

Of course, it was a one off experience (I don't think I'd be putting a Hitman and a Usurper in a Mafia team ever again) but it was amusing from both ends (both BuJ & FL enjoyed their roles, and I loved watching them playing them).

Which brings me to the fact many players tried to outguess me based on ONE PREVIOUS setup! I am usually an advocate of "don't try to outguess the mod", but when someone does it off of one game that's even more silly. :lol:

If you want some hints about how my modding meta is right now, I'd say I like multiple killing actions, some nerfed investigative roles (either by design or by giving scum modifiers), and the most important part is I like to experiment with roles. Both existing but rarely used standard roles and new hybrids or even completely tailored roles. I like to view how certain combinations interact too.

I'll probably take some time off to think about a couple of new roles/mechanics to build the next game around. For now I'm just going to enjoy all the feedback (positive or negative) because that's how I learn to improve my modding. (In other words, don't be shy telling me what you liked/disliked about either games) :]

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4766 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4749, profii wrote:
In post 4747, Nero Cain wrote:
Are you loyal?
I'll let you know next week ;)
Fuck gladiate, can’t I just desperado him instead? I don’t even care if I have to die, to make it happen.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4767 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4763, DVa wrote:
In post 97, Wisdom wrote:mafia are out and 3ps dont have any reason to kill him

Technically i dont either, but I'd rather he doesn't clear everyone as not underdog
This right here is when things went wrong for town :P

the other killers began to play vs town rather than against other killers *because* they thought there would be a balance between the different mafia factions
Agreed.

I made a distinct choice at some point on like D3 to not elaborate on some point someone made because I didn't want to discourage scum from crosskilling, since I knew it was the only chance we had of winning.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4768 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4764, Cerberus v666 wrote:Also, ftr: Had I not known how hard Amzela was working last night, and how much it stressed her trying to figure the game out so she'd make the right decision if she was alive this morning, I likely wouldn't have been so harsh towards you DrewVa, but knowing how much it was affecting her the actions you guys took felt very disrespectful of her and anyone else who may have tried just as hard and been just as invested in this game.

That's really why I used so much vitriol in my initial engagement, rather than the nicer alternatives. *shrug*
Alright, I genuinely feel bad for that but I already explained why I did what I did. I wasn’t intending to be disrespectful, and I sincerely apologize to Amzela, if she interpreted it that way. That was 100, never my intention. I already explained my reasoning and you’re being unfair to me, to disregard the position FL put me in. I thought he was unstable town and going to gamethrow and she had to be scum. Like I have said, over and over and over again, ad nauseum. I thought she was going to quickhammer me, if I didn’t beat her to it. Believe me, this is as far from the typical way I usually play LYLO, as you can get. \_0_/
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4769 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 4750, Nero Cain wrote:like, let's switch subjects and talk about how I had a good chunk of scum pegged and I mostly redeemed a slot that was about to get lynched.
Hey now
I outright scumclaimed on page 1 with RCE and Flavor, I handed you that.

@A50: With the role-PMs were a little fancier and more direct about what abilities were what and how they functioned.
Like it all worked as a written paragraph but I'm way partial to my formatting methods :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4770 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Wish** the role Pms
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4771 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4760, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4746, DrewVa wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’d settle for just muzzling him at this point. Amzela must be a saint, is all I have to add to that.
AmmiZLToday at 5:14 PM

Mmm... I don’t like how Nancy attacked you but also she’s sensitive and you dug so can’t blame her.
Your online persona is different than how you are in person
Cerberus v6.66Today at 5:16 PM
mhm
My online persona is identical to how I am
just not in mafia
idk, mafia is weird
:-/

From our discord a bit ago.

And yes, I did get her permission to post that.

In post game discussions I'm a lot less accepting of people not accepting criticism than I am in life in general, and I'm a lot less..nice, I suppose. Feel free to look around the site at me posting in other contexts if you actually want to get a view of how I am.
Why aren’t you listening to what your girlfriend is telling you? You’d be a better and much wiser man if you did. Amzela is very smart and you need to listen to what she says. She is inspirationally wise. If she ever lands a gig as a motivational speaker, I want tickets.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4772 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 4769, Varsoon wrote:
Hey now
I outright scumclaimed on page 1 with RCE and Flavor, I handed you that.

@A50: With the role-PMs were a little fancier and more direct about what abilities were what and how they functioned.
Like it all worked as a written paragraph but I'm way partial to my formatting methods :P
I realised that was a mistake as soon as I joined along and you would scumride me for it lol.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4773 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4719, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Nero - you successfully affected me TWICE with your bus driver. You changed one of Alonzo’s results that I got that if I mentioned would have got me killed, haha
Nero=GOAT
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4774 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4661, Flavor Leaf wrote:@profii - I almost considered killing you that night, but I knew underdogs had to.
Btw, that was one main reason you won. Wisdom certainly did NOT "need to" shoot profii. He was a GF, you know ;)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”