Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4725 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Yeah but
YELLING
@ her accomplishes nothing except you getting your jollies. If you want to sit there and explain what she did wrong so she can grow and be better fine but telling her she's a hot mess only adds venom and a fight.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4726 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4717, Nero Cain wrote:Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here but...

@Nancy.
Just ignore Cerb. Seems like he always plays poorly and then rags on others. As if admitting that he played poorly gives him a right to fuss at others. Maybe he should put more effort into his own play?

That said, its a game and ppl make the wrong call. I didn't read enough to understand what happened but you should have taken the time to ISO both of them and maybe have some dialogue with the two of them.

I still love you though and my feelings are more important than Cerbs :lol:

In mafia, there's always going to be an element of luck. FL
DID
play well and he's come a long ass way since I first started playing with him. I'm kind of the opinion that town always wins mafia games and scum only win mafia games b/c town played poorly. Anytime that anyone does anything remotely impressive they get nommed for a scummy.
shrugz
<3 <3 <3

Thanks, I really do appreciate this. What I’ve been trying to explain is that I did all that pre-LYLO. DVa and myself didn’t even consider that FL could ever still be scum here. Add to the pressure he kept putting on me, also adversely affected me.

I was 100% expecting to be viewed as conftown at that point and FL seeming to doubt me, threw me and I really believed that Amzela had to be the SK and that she was going to quickhammer, if I didn’t beat her to it. The fact of the matter was I got played good by FL. \_0_/

But in the future, I intend to do my damndest, to make sure history won’t repeat itself. :)
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4727 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4725, Nero Cain wrote:Yeah but
YELLING
@ her accomplishes nothing except you getting your jollies. If you want to sit there and explain what she did wrong so she can grow and be better fine but telling her she's a hot mess only adds venom and a fight.
Well that’s the part he needs to apologize for but I obviously won’t be holding my breath. If the tables were turned, he wouldn’t even have to ask me for an apology. That’s the obvious difference between us.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4728 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by profii »

So Flavour leaf wasnt allowed to say to his buds dont worry im ascetic? or is the optimal play to rb me and save that 1 shot as you know ill cop fl every time :D
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4729 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4728, profii wrote:So Flavour leaf wasnt allowed to say to his buds dont worry im ascetic? or is the optimal play to rb me and save that 1 shot as you know ill cop fl every time :D
I could have said whatever I wanted to them.

I was still Third Party, and still had to actively be wary of my teammates, but if I won, Mafia still won. The reverse wasn’t true.

@Almost - Did I still have my 1-shot Ascetic end game then?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4730 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

YELLING
Unfortunately, at no point did she express any belief that she actually made a mistake. I told her, repeatedly, that I'd gladly have a conversation with her about the things I saw as mistakes that were made in terms of this games LYLO, but rather than engaging me on that topic she made the conversation about the hypocrisy she perceived in me criticizing her play when my own was lackluster. Had she, at any point, just expressed a desire to have a conversation about this difference in opinions/what it was I thought she had done wrong, we could have had that conversation. I agree that I could have approached all of this in a more conciliatory fashion that did not invite conflict, but I chose not to because that wouldn't have accurately reflected how I felt about the situation.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4731 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by profii »

Mafia assigns FL to kill profii. (Fail - FL is already targeting someone else with a kill)

lol!!!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4732 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4731, profii wrote:Mafia assigns FL to kill profii. (Fail - FL is already targeting someone else with a kill)

lol!!!
I didn’t want you dead. I think I told Almost that.

You were necessary to keep alive for a bit.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4733 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4722, Nero Cain wrote:oh.

I was actually scum reading FL eod 1. Of course, I didn't get a chance to say so and then I sent A50 a pm to try to guess the scum team but I had included Thor and DGB b/c I had read some stuff in the dead thread and I felt like him and Jingle had hinted they were scum. So there's no evidence to support my claim so feel free to believe/not believe.

Only scum that fooled me was Gamma and Chick and I guess kinda Wisdom. Like Wisdom was an early scum read but I kinda dropped that.
Yeah, he had us fooled. If we had investigated Amzela instead of Thor, we might have won. We were afraid to investigate FL until the end and figured wrongly that scum had to be between Daveas and Amzela.

I give mad props to DVa because she called him out for being an SK from the getgo.

As for Wisdom, we hardtown read him and short of a guilty, were likely never lynching him.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4734 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4727, DrewVa wrote:
YELLING
Well that’s the part he needs to apologize for but I obviously won’t be holding my breath.
If the tables were turned, he wouldn’t even have to ask me for an apology. That’s the obvious difference between us.
In post 4716, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4715, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4709, Varsoon wrote:@Cerb: I'm pretty much the same way. I was even tempted to implement a 'Wisdom-of-the-Mod' rule about not letting players who I know couch games in toxic rhetoric, but I'm going to stand by not having any blacklists on my games.

@Nancy: Please don't judge someone so harshly for providing harshly worded criticism, even if it's not due. I honestly think you should both apologize to each other, to some degree. I think you misplayed LYLO here, too, and if I was town, I'd be really frustrated about it, too, just like I was with Shoshin in the post-game of TAZ mafia; but it's more about being frustrated with a person's play and not voicing it in a way that person is going to appreciate or actually care to grapple with.
No Varsoon, I don’t have any reason to apologize, because I disagree with your analysis. I already explained my case. It hurts that you don’t see it, though. :/

This is not a matter of pride but integrity. I am the first person to admit when I’m wrong about anything and hold out an olive branch/apologise but if I apologize when I’m
not
wrong, then it makes all my genuine heart-felt apologies worthless.
That’s way, you always know I’m sincere and not bsing you.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4735 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4732, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 4731, profii wrote:Mafia assigns FL to kill profii. (Fail - FL is already targeting someone else with a kill)

lol!!!

Why did you kill Fortian over us, the SK hunters?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4736 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4625, Cerberus v666 wrote:Toogs universal protective should not have existed. A50 saw what that did in the first game, and it doesn't make sense to do it again this game. Bad design decision imo.
First game the LR rendered all night action useless. This time it was only the kills that went nowhere, so it's like the Town had a N0 investigations when scum started killing on N1.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4737 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4734, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 4727, DrewVa wrote:
YELLING
Well that’s the part he needs to apologize for but I obviously won’t be holding my breath.
If the tables were turned, he wouldn’t even have to ask me for an apology. That’s the obvious difference between us.
In post 4716, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4715, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4709, Varsoon wrote:@Cerb: I'm pretty much the same way. I was even tempted to implement a 'Wisdom-of-the-Mod' rule about not letting players who I know couch games in toxic rhetoric, but I'm going to stand by not having any blacklists on my games.

@Nancy: Please don't judge someone so harshly for providing harshly worded criticism, even if it's not due. I honestly think you should both apologize to each other, to some degree. I think you misplayed LYLO here, too, and if I was town, I'd be really frustrated about it, too, just like I was with Shoshin in the post-game of TAZ mafia; but it's more about being frustrated with a person's play and not voicing it in a way that person is going to appreciate or actually care to grapple with.
No Varsoon, I don’t have any reason to apologize, because I disagree with your analysis. I already explained my case. It hurts that you don’t see it, though. :/

This is not a matter of pride but integrity. I am the first person to admit when I’m wrong about anything and hold out an olive branch/apologise but if I apologize when I’m
not
wrong, then it makes all my genuine heart-felt apologies worthless.
That’s way, you always know I’m sincere and not bsing you.
???

How is this a contradiction - even remotely? If I shat all over you for losing us a game, I 100% would have apologized for that - w/o ever having to be asked.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4738 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4735, DrewVa wrote:
In post 4732, Flavor Leaf wrote:

lol!!!

Why did you kill Fortian over us, the SK hunters?
Fortian/Amzela/Me triangle I can’t lynch Amzela for the win. Fortian just shoots me.

I was told Town doesn’t have to live to win. None of the wincons stated it. Whereas I did.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4739 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, there was zero reasoning behind investigating me that I couldn’t turn around on you, so it didn’t matter if I got guiltied. Plus, I might’ve had an ascetic leftover.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4740 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I had like 4 pages in the mafia pt of just me talking after Bujaber died.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4741 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I also don't feel that I have any reason to apologize because I did not do anything wrong; my decision to not apologize to you is because doing so would require that I sacrifice my integrity to appease you. *shrug*

It's not any different.

And yep, check out the dead thread, that was one of the things you guys had wrong going into LYLO with your first post.
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4742 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4730, Cerberus v666 wrote:
YELLING
Unfortunately, at no point did she express any belief that she actually made a mistake. I told her, repeatedly, that I'd gladly have a conversation with her about the things I saw as mistakes that were made in terms of this games LYLO, but rather than engaging me on that topic she made the conversation about the hypocrisy she perceived in me criticizing her play when my own was lackluster. Had she, at any point, just expressed a desire to have a conversation about this difference in opinions/what it was I thought she had done wrong, we could have had that conversation. I agree that I could have approached all of this in a more conciliatory fashion that did not invite conflict, but I chose not to because that wouldn't have accurately reflected how I felt about the situation.
No offense, seriously but do you really need a building to fall on your head to understand Nero’s point? Do you seriously think I’m going to listen to a goddamned thing after that? Can you really be this unbelievably dense?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4743 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by profii »

VOTE: Gladiate DrewVa and Cerb
DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4744 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4741, Cerberus v666 wrote:I also don't feel that I have any reason to apologize because I did not do anything wrong; my decision to not apologize to you is because doing so would require that I sacrifice my integrity to appease you. *shrug*

It's not any different.

And yep, check out the dead thread, that was one of the things you guys had wrong going into LYLO with your first post.
Yeah we get it. DVa nailed you dead to rights. Your mistake. is thinking that’s ever something to be proud of. *smdh*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4745 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4509, Cerberus v666 wrote:Dva, you're bad, and you should feel bad.
like, you're being toxic right out of the gate.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DrewVa
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
DrewVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4746 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by DrewVa »

In post 4743, profii wrote:VOTE: Gladiate DrewVa and Cerb
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’d settle for just muzzling him at this point. Amzela must be a saint, is all I have to add to that.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4747 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Are you loyal?

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4748 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by profii »

In post 27, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 22, profii wrote:
In post 20, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 18, RCEnigma wrote:Let's get to the real question. Why are you so active?
It’ll probably settle down eventually. I just happened to be online doing nothing when the game started.

I haven’t been doing much lately.
Nice setup of using your unbusy schedule for hyper posting and looking towny!
I’m looking towny?

I’m not trying to. I’m trying to look scummy tbh. I need to get shot tonight.
if we got into a 1 v 1 i would use this post vs all the times you've claimed something to invite a night kill to make my point

but i didnt want to risk my cop power too much but i suck at playing it cool haha
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4749 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by profii »

In post 4747, Nero Cain wrote:
Are you loyal?
I'll let you know next week ;)