Starcraft Mafia -- Game Over!

Performer
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 06, 2015
Location: California
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5400  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:44 pm

In post 5263, skitter30 wrote:my issues with the setup and how some people played non-withstanding, i think tw played brilliantly and absolutely deserves his win

In post 5268, Nauci wrote:Haven't caught up on post game chatter

but The Worst deserves some sort of Academy Award for this

+1

Tw was absolutely brilliant. I tried harder than I ever have in a non-town role. Thank you tw for saying we're the best scum team you ever played with - I feel the same!
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum. -Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else. -Jingle
People tried -RadiantCowbells

Varsoon
Scatman
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5401  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:23 pm

Welp.
The next time someone tries to emotionally manipulate me in order to get me to back down from a wagon, I will have absolutely no sympathy, and if I hurt their feelings, guess it's tough shit.
Fucking awful, but I guess that's how it has to be thanks to some people.

Krazy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2011
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5402  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 pm

In post 5185, Krazy wrote:Dead Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77978

Mod Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77969

Shoshin Arsonist PT:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77976

Mafia Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77975

PTs will be released in (expired on 2019-01-06 00:56:20) unless release is granted sooner


All PTs that are going to be released have now been released
vote conspiracy

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5403  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:58 pm

no judg pls
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
"posts in mirror are better than they appear" - Untrod Tripod

Nibbui
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2018
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5404  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:06 pm

I had not a clear idea who was scum or not since I only started to read this when it was already the last day or so but I kept asking myself

"Why people are scum reading Nancy??????"

but then Shoshin and The worst flipped third party/scum and the world once again made sense.

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Being CLONED by Ramcius
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5405  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 pm

In post 5404, Nibbui wrote:I had not a clear idea who was scum or not since I only started to read this when it was already the last day or so but I kept asking myself

"Why people are scum reading Nancy??????"

but then Shoshin and The worst flipped third party/scum and the world once again made sense.


No, Shoshin and Mitilos were 3rd party scum. TW/Keyser/Performer were Mafia.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5406  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:14 am

In post 5386, mastina wrote:
In post 5279, Nauci wrote:
In post 5271, mastina wrote:swingy as fuck, yes, but given it was pseudo-multiball, that was going to be a given


I think that the roles in the setup are mostly fine

but to me, the issue is that anti-town roles had enormous amounts of setup information, while the vast majority of town roles did not? I guess I should have assumed fuckery was at foot just because of how precise the explanation of my cop results were, but for some reason I just didn't think it was reasonable to think things were this fucky. Maybe that's just me though.
Uh.
Town had both Varsoon and Nancy? Plus TWO investigatives? The modifier cop was essentially a rolecop, capable of catching almost all of the antitown, whose claims wouldn't match their results.
Plus a full cop.

Scum had a rolecop, but think of what roles would be caught by the town's equivalent. Not to mention, how it had a full inno result that was discarded.
Mewtawp TOLD the town that Kokichi had a town modifier. After lynching Mew, this was utterly discarded, but was an important detail I feel most players are forgetting.


Nothing about role cop or regular cop tips me off to the fact that I would need to account for two separate anti-town 3P mindsets plus a full scum team when scum hunting; I don't like when mechanics greatly subtract from the organic analysis aspects of playing mafia.

Nauci
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 10, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5407  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:17 am

In post 5397, Krazy wrote:Given that you had a soft guilty from the denied kill I don't think outing there was incorrect, town just didn't quite connect all the dots to get the Performer lynch pushed through.


Oh

I thought Varsoon's info was that zerg straight up did not TRY to kill night 1, as if they couldn't for like, actual alternating multi-ball reasons

MathBlade
Technical Support
 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2013
Location: Western US
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5408  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:22 am

In post 5294, Nauci wrote:app


You’re welcome!

**lurky McLurk sacs**
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Nancy Drew 39
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 14, 2018
Location: Being CLONED by Ramcius
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5409  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:58 am

In post 5386, mastina wrote:
In post 5279, Nauci wrote:
In post 5271, mastina wrote:swingy as fuck, yes, but given it was pseudo-multiball, that was going to be a given


I think that the roles in the setup are mostly fine

but to me, the issue is that anti-town roles had enormous amounts of setup information, while the vast majority of town roles did not? I guess I should have assumed fuckery was at foot just because of how precise the explanation of my cop results were, but for some reason I just didn't think it was reasonable to think things were this fucky. Maybe that's just me though.
Uh.
Town had both Varsoon and Nancy? Plus TWO investigatives? The modifier cop was essentially a rolecop, capable of catching almost all of the antitown, whose claims wouldn't match their results.
Plus a full cop.

Scum had a rolecop, but think of what roles would be caught by the town's equivalent. Not to mention, how it had a full inno result that was discarded.
Mewtawp TOLD the town that Kokichi had a town modifier. After lynching Mew, this was utterly discarded, but was an important detail I feel most players are forgetting.


No, not by me, it wasn’t. I was completely floored that Kokichi was lynched over Key.

Thing with Nancy is we just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it.

(I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~ the worst

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: These were children who hadn’t yet lost their sense of wonder
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5410  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:04 pm

In post 4454, the worst wrote:i very very very seriously did not expect my vote to go down that badly. i was getting ready for work and spam-refreshing the page with UNVOTE: on my clipboard for like nearly an hour


In retrospect this is actually really hilarious
Shades of Natalie Anderson in Survivor 29, winning while “accidentally” double-crossing her alliance (“oops!!”)

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5411  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:14 pm

In post 5410, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 4454, the worst wrote:i very very very seriously did not expect my vote to go down that badly. i was getting ready for work and spam-refreshing the page with UNVOTE: on my clipboard for like nearly an hour


In retrospect this is actually really hilarious
Shades of Natalie Anderson in Survivor 29, winning while “accidentally” double-crossing her alliance (“oops!!”)


:shifty:
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
"posts in mirror are better than they appear" - Untrod Tripod

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Completed Large Theme Games

cron