Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5400 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:44 am

Post by Performer »

In post 5263, skitter30 wrote:my issues with the setup and how some people played non-withstanding, i think tw played brilliantly and absolutely deserves his win
In post 5268, Nauci wrote:Haven't caught up on post game chatter

but The Worst deserves some sort of Academy Award for this
+1

Tw was absolutely brilliant. I tried harder than I ever have in a non-town role. Thank you tw for saying we're the best scum team you ever played with - I feel the same!
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5401 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Welp.
The next time someone tries to emotionally manipulate me in order to get me to back down from a wagon, I will have absolutely no sympathy, and if I hurt their feelings, guess it's tough shit.
Fucking awful, but I guess that's how it has to be thanks to some people.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5402 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 5185, Krazy wrote:Dead Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77978

Mod Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77969

Shoshin Arsonist PT:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77976

Mafia Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=77975

PTs will be released in (expired on 2019-01-06 00:56:20) unless release is granted sooner
All PTs that are going to be released have now been released
vote conspiracy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5403 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Post by the worst »

no judg pls
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5404 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Nibbui »

I had not a clear idea who was scum or not since I only started to read this when it was already the last day or so but I kept asking myself

"Why people are scum reading Nancy??????"

but then Shoshin and The worst flipped third party/scum and the world once again made sense.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5405 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:51 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5404, Nibbui wrote:I had not a clear idea who was scum or not since I only started to read this when it was already the last day or so but I kept asking myself

"Why people are scum reading Nancy??????"

but then Shoshin and The worst flipped third party/scum and the world once again made sense.
No, Shoshin and Mitilos were 3rd party scum. TW/Keyser/Performer were Mafia.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5406 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 5386, mastina wrote:
In post 5279, Nauci wrote:
In post 5271, mastina wrote:swingy as fuck, yes, but given it was pseudo-multiball, that was going to be a given
I think that the roles in the setup are mostly fine

but to me, the issue is that anti-town roles had enormous amounts of setup information, while the vast majority of town roles did not? I guess I should have assumed fuckery was at foot just because of how precise the explanation of my cop results were, but for some reason I just didn't think it was reasonable to think things were this fucky. Maybe that's just me though.
Uh.
Town had both Varsoon and Nancy? Plus TWO investigatives? The modifier cop was essentially a rolecop, capable of catching almost all of the antitown, whose claims wouldn't match their results.
Plus a full cop.

Scum had a rolecop, but think of what roles would be caught by the town's equivalent. Not to mention, how it had a full inno result that was discarded.
Mewtawp TOLD the town that Kokichi had a town modifier. After lynching Mew, this was utterly discarded, but was an important detail I feel most players are forgetting.
Nothing about role cop or regular cop tips me off to the fact that I would need to account for two separate anti-town 3P mindsets plus a full scum team when scum hunting; I don't like when mechanics greatly subtract from the organic analysis aspects of playing mafia.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5407 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 5397, Krazy wrote:Given that you had a soft guilty from the denied kill I don't think outing there was incorrect, town just didn't quite connect all the dots to get the Performer lynch pushed through.
Oh

I thought Varsoon's info was that zerg straight up did not TRY to kill night 1, as if they couldn't for like, actual alternating multi-ball reasons
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5408 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5294, Nauci wrote:app
You’re welcome!

**lurky McLurk sacs**
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5409 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5386, mastina wrote:
In post 5279, Nauci wrote:
In post 5271, mastina wrote:swingy as fuck, yes, but given it was pseudo-multiball, that was going to be a given
I think that the roles in the setup are mostly fine

but to me, the issue is that anti-town roles had enormous amounts of setup information, while the vast majority of town roles did not? I guess I should have assumed fuckery was at foot just because of how precise the explanation of my cop results were, but for some reason I just didn't think it was reasonable to think things were this fucky. Maybe that's just me though.
Uh.
Town had both Varsoon and Nancy? Plus TWO investigatives? The modifier cop was essentially a rolecop, capable of catching almost all of the antitown, whose claims wouldn't match their results.
Plus a full cop.

Scum had a rolecop, but think of what roles would be caught by the town's equivalent. Not to mention, how it had a full inno result that was discarded.
Mewtawp TOLD the town that Kokichi had a town modifier. After lynching Mew, this was utterly discarded, but was an important detail I feel most players are forgetting.
No, not by me, it wasn’t. I was completely floored that Kokichi was lynched over Key.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5410 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 4454, the worst wrote:i very very very seriously did not expect my vote to go down that badly. i was getting ready for work and spam-refreshing the page with UNVOTE: on my clipboard for like nearly an hour
In retrospect this is actually really hilarious
Shades of Natalie Anderson in Survivor 29, winning while “accidentally” double-crossing her alliance (“oops!!”)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5411 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:14 am

Post by the worst »

In post 5410, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 4454, the worst wrote:i very very very seriously did not expect my vote to go down that badly. i was getting ready for work and spam-refreshing the page with UNVOTE: on my clipboard for like nearly an hour
In retrospect this is actually really hilarious
Shades of Natalie Anderson in Survivor 29, winning while “accidentally” double-crossing her alliance (“oops!!”)
:shifty:
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”